Author Topic: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults  (Read 9480 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Cruz: Trump hasn't apologized for personal insults
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »
Cruz got something from Trump regarding SC.  Hope Mike Lee changes his mind.

Thanks for the info.  @don-o  and I are looking forward to pushing the anthro board after the election.

Hope to see you all there.

Has Cruz ever indicated any desire to serve on the supreme court?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »
Has Cruz ever indicated any desire to serve on the supreme court?

He says no--- wants to be either President or in the Senate.

Hope that he and Trump can now work together.  There are a lot of problems.

When Cruz reads green eggs and ham-- Trump does him a solid and sends out good budgets etc.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »
He says no--- wants to be either President or in the Senate.

Hope that he and Trump can now work together.  There are a lot of problems.

When Cruz reads green eggs and ham-- Trump does him a solid and sends out good budgets etc.

What does that mean?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2016, 04:51:49 pm »
What does that mean?

Wishful thinking being expressed with less coherence than a Dr. Seuss book.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2016, 04:56:34 pm »
What does that mean?
Trump doing a 'solid' makes me think of the gold facilities...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2016, 05:40:30 pm »
Green eggs and ham was about Cruz trying to stop funding of elements of Obama care and other bad funding elements.

Now imagine a world where Cruz is handed GOOD budgets, SC nominees and repeal of Obama Care and/or de-funding bills from President Trump.

Now the three lions of the Senate - Sessions, Cruz and Lee (and maybe even Scott and Rubio! )

Can use their energy to get the defunding must pass legislation through instead of using their energy to do rear guard actions to the next redoubt....

@don-o

What does that mean?
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »
Green eggs and ham was about Cruz trying to stop funding of elements of Obama care and other bad funding elements.

Now imagine a world where Cruz is handed GOOD budgets, SC nominees and repeal of Obama Care and/or de-funding bills from President Trump.

Now the three lions of the Senate - Sessions, Cruz and Lee (and maybe even Scott and Rubio! )

Can use their energy to get the defunding must pass legislation through instead of using their energy to do rear guard actions to the next redoubt....

@don-o

Ah, OK.  In theory, that sounds good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
Cruz voting for Trump and we have at getting folks like Mike Lee on court.  Versus Hillary putting more people on the court left of Ginsberg.

Plus Kelly Ann Conway has Trump on his A game.

Trump is a very easy vote.

@don-o

I'm really tired of arguing about this, er, I mean discussing it.

I thought I was the only person who was Not mad at Cruz and it turns out I am ALMOST the only person.

But I think you are exactly right.  Ted Cruz is focused on the Supreme Court.  He's argued before it and he knows about how important it is in molding society.  He also knows that's a travesty but there's nothing we can do about it for now.

Otherwise, the harm Hillary can do is bad but survivable.  With the strain of running for president over, she might live four years or more but she is not an activist.  She will be on the liberal side of issues as they come along but her main goal will be realized and she can sit back with Huma and whatever pills and beverages she enjoys.

Ted Cruz did this at great personal cost and he did it for the court.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »

@don-o
Revenue measures don't originate in the White House, but the House of Representatives.

The Republican Party has had the ability to put together a budget all along. They have failed to do so. They have had the ability to de-fund as they please. If Obama won't sign off on the budget they hand him, shut it down.

Continuing Resolutions is no way to fund a Government, as the last 8 trillion dollars in debt attest.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 12:20:58 am »
"Cruz answered by repeatedly stating that Americans have a "binary choice""

Yup. choose good or evil. Sorry Ted. you chose evil. You could have backed a conservative. there's one on the ballot. You sold out.

Only if that person qualified to be on the ballot in TX.  Even at that, he is a MEMBER of the Senate...he's worried as hell about the Supreme Court as we should all be.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2016, 12:35:59 am »
Only if that person qualified to be on the ballot in TX.  Even at that, he is a MEMBER of the Senate...he's worried as hell about the Supreme Court as we should all be.

If anyone actually 'worried' about the SC, they would not be empowering a lifetime liberal and documented liar. They would be casting their vote where their belief is. In a conservative.

Since we know that Trump told America to it;s face that anything he says prior to being in office is a 'negotiation', then his 'concession' to Cruz is as valid as a bucket of warm spit and ted is a complete fool for believing him. Especially after his "Let me tell you what I REALLY think of Donald Trump" speech.

So it's a logical conclusion that people genuinely concerned about the SC and honesty/kept promises arent going to cast their vote for "pathological liars". Regardless of what Democrat it is.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:21 am »
If anyone actually 'worried' about the SC, they would not be empowering a lifetime liberal and documented liar. They would be casting their vote where their belief is. In a conservative.

Everyone knows there are only two outcomes in this election, Trump or Clinton. 

Your vote will effect that outcome, so choose carefully.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2016, 12:56:51 am »

Neither.   The result is on you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2016, 12:59:01 am »

You chose poorly.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2016, 12:59:28 am »

I choose to stand with the founders. I'll vote for a conservative/constitutionalists. I'm sure I can find one to write in if need be. Myself for instance. You do what you like. Just don't complain when you're held to it. I won't.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2016, 01:26:15 am »
I choose to stand with the founders. I'll vote for a conservative/constitutionalists. I'm sure I can find one to write in if need be. Myself for instance. You do what you like. Just don't complain when you're held to it. I won't.

The only Constitutional Conservative that I know that is running is Castle.  I don't know what state you live in nor do I know if Castle has made it onto the ballot in your state.  IF he is not on the ballot or hasn't qualified as a write in candidate in your state and you write him in, that vote will NOT be counted. In other words it is a non-vote.  If you write in yourself, unless you have qualified as a write in candidate, your vote will NOT be counted. It is certainly up to you. This is definitely not an easy election. Never as long as I've been voting do I ever remember things being this critical.  I always thought I could write in ANY candidate and it would be counted instead of disqualified; I found out quite differently when I spoke to the Supervisor of Elections. 

As Cruz stated ... do not stay home and vote your conscience which is exactly what he is doing.  The only voters that I place judgement on are those that are eligible to vote and don't do so.  Everyone has the right to vote their conscience and not be judged.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2016, 01:36:20 am »
The only Constitutional Conservative that I know that is running is Castle.  I don't know what state you live in nor do I know if Castle has made it onto the ballot in your state.  IF he is not on the ballot or hasn't qualified as a write in candidate in your state and you write him in, that vote will NOT be counted. In other words it is a non-vote.  If you write in yourself, unless you have qualified as a write in candidate, your vote will NOT be counted. It is certainly up to you. This is definitely not an easy election. Never as long as I've been voting do I ever remember things being this critical.  I always thought I could write in ANY candidate and it would be counted instead of disqualified; I found out quite differently when I spoke to the Supervisor of Elections. 

As Cruz stated ... do not stay home and vote your conscience which is exactly what he is doing.  The only voters that I place judgement on are those that are eligible to vote and don't do so.  Everyone has the right to vote their conscience and not be judged.

Any vote for a non liberal is a plus. But there is no 'right' or should there be that a persons's vote can be cast without judgement. Thats like saying someone can rape without judgement. We most certainly can look at someone that votes for evil and judge it. And if more did that, AKA action and consequence, the world would be better for it.

You should absolutely be free to vote as your conscience dictates. But if you make that vote known, do not expect for a second you do it without any consequence. Thats never been the case, nor will it ever be. People that vote for evil will always be called on it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2016, 01:39:11 am »
Norm, newsflash, it's a bit late to worry about that.

I understand what you are saying, and feel much the same way.  However, my feelings will get us exactly nowhere, and it's time to face up to what we have, not what should be.

I am faced up fine. We have the option to vote for someone other than liberals. If you choose to vote liberal, you are responsible for what that liberal does. you put him there. Not me. I vote conservative. If you claim to believe in conservatism, you/everyone can join me or make excuses why you didn't.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2016, 02:46:12 am »
I am faced up fine. We have the option to vote for someone other than liberals. If you choose to vote liberal, you are responsible for what that liberal does. you put him there. Not me. I vote conservative. If you claim to believe in conservatism, you/everyone can join me or make excuses why you didn't.

You give conservatism a bad name with this poppycock.

Thankfully you're about as influential as a mosquito, and just as easily dealt with.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2016, 02:53:00 am »

Thankfully you're about as influential as a mosquito, and just as easily dealt with.

What a thoroughly shitty response.  About what we've come to expect from you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2016, 03:06:07 am »

Says the one voting for a megalomaniacal egocentric lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running as a Republican who funded and campaigned for the Clintons, the Schumers and DeBlasio within the last 5 years.

Oh really?  Another subtle threat from the stormtooping legions of Trumpists?

Plan to swat us soon?  Round us up? Hunt us down with dogs?  Shoot us for treason?

You people and your prince are a hundred times more dangerous to our liberty than by any threat Hillary poses, and ten times more tyrannical.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2016, 03:24:45 am »

You'll have to excuse me for any typos.. Laughing and typing at the same time is hard for me.

Just so you know: If you think for a nanosecond that some online liberal lecturing me about 'being dealt with' invokes anything but laughter, you might wanna check your sense of self importance.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2016, 03:33:28 am »
Says the one voting for a megalomaniacal egocentric lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running as a Republican who funded and campaigned for the Clintons, the Schumers and DeBlasio within the last 5 years.

Oh really?  Another subtle threat from the stormtooping legions of Trumpists?

Plan to swat us soon?  Round us up? Hunt us down with dogs?  Shoot us for treason?

If they do, AZ is a castle doctrine state. Thats something they should consider.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2016, 03:41:31 am »

Actually, I, too will vote my conscience. "conservatism' has become meaningless without a qualifier, so Constitutionalist, might be much more accurate. And you can't say I give Republicans a bad name, because I quit that Party.

Enough mosquitoes and you will need a transfusion, then there is the 'disease' you fear most. Not Zika, Malaria, Yellow Fever, West Nile, nor Dengue, no, instead it is thought outside your little box, where people aren't limited to terrible options and can sleep well at night knowing they will do their part to tear down those walls that constrain political thought and keep folks on the Uniparty Plantations.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2016, 06:30:30 am »

Sounds like a threat?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.