Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127615 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2016, 01:01:32 am »
I am disappointed along with everyone else. I hoped this would happen a long time ago. My ticket was always Trump/Cruz. Still sorry that didn't work. It was close at times, but alas, we did not win the BIG Teddy bear.

Alright. It is time to buck-up, regroup, and figure out what to do and where to go from here. It is what it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2016, 01:07:24 am »
I am disappointed along with everyone else. I hoped this would happen a long time ago. My ticket was always Trump/Cruz. Still sorry that didn't work. It was close at times, but alas, we did not win the BIG Teddy bear.

Alright. It is time to buck-up, regroup, and figure out what to do and where to go from here. It is what it is.

Where to go is easy. Same place "we" always should have but most are too liberal to actually go. Support conservatives/refuse to empower liberals. If anyone wants to show how you get constitutional government by electing those whose actions stand against it and in fact work against it actively, lets see it. Otherwise you are simply the cause of the problem. Every year we hear we gotta elect the liberal GOP candidate.

No we don't.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2016, 01:11:40 am »
I hope  he does redeem himself. But we arent cutting off our noses here. Cruz' past great actions aside, He had one job and when it mattered most, he failed in the worst way. He completely crapped all over his years of principle because when it mattered, he did not stand on it.

So even if he redeems himself, no one has the slightest reason to think him principled, nor to trust him. Actions are what they are.

Well, let's see.  If Hillary wins Cruz and all the Cruzbots can't be blamed and if Trump wins then Cruz will be seen as keeping his word and supporting the GOP nominee.  If he didn't vote for Trump and Hillary won he would be blamed for her winning and if Trump won and he didn't vote for him then he would be seen as the person who didn't keep his word and didn't support his party.  What a circus! Actually, I see that he is more concerned about the country and seating a conservative justice than being concerned about being judged.  He voted his conscience.  I still strongly support Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2016, 01:19:45 am »
Yes.  I'm also familiar with the fact that Obama made no effort to renegotiate it (which he could have done).  He wanted out.

And here we are.

Everybody wanted us out.

There were overtures. Or something. No doubt it was a tactical "mistake". But with obama I think it was planned. He had an EZ out. The point I am trying to make is that we supposedly were trying to give the Iraqi's freedom. They chose their own sovereignty. You can't justify hindsight. You have to go with the assessment as it occurred. "Bush" put into place the US-Iraq SOFA. We should have tried to negotiate harder, sure, whatever. But the Iraqi's wanted jurisdiction over prosecuting our troops for "off-duty" crimes. I would absolutely not give them that. Keeping troops there, either by force or connivance, isn't really what we supposedly fought for, is it? They wanted their freedom. They got their freedom. And it is a shitshow. It was that before obama took office. ME islamists are only really good at one thing. Shitshows.

I have no problem with people defending their families who had members that served. My nephew served. Evan Vela Carnahan. I am not going to debate his actions here. But I will  debate the way his case was handled. It is my opinion that GWB's mishandling of the entire affair from the get go (the war) is unpardonable as far as his role as POTUS. Instead of  sending a message it opened up the big tent for an extravaganza that islamists excel at.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:51 am »
Well, let's see.  If Hillary wins Cruz and all the Cruzbots can't be blamed and if Trump wins then Cruz will be seen as keeping his word and supporting the GOP nominee.  If he didn't vote for Trump and Hillary won he would be blamed for her winning and if Trump won and he didn't vote for him then he would be seen as the person who didn't keep his word and didn't support his party.  What a circus! Actually, I see that he is more concerned about the country and seating a conservative justice than being concerned about being judged.  He voted his conscience.  I still strongly support Cruz.

So his concern led him to support a man about whom he called a pathological liar because the man whom he called a pathological liar assured him that he would appoint conservative judges.

Now that is what happened. No BS, no wordplay here. THAT is what happened.  So since this is the reality at work, that leaves two conclusions. 1: Ted thinks he can believe pathological liars which is clearly ridiculous, or 2: Ted did not mean what he said when he said "Let me tell you what I REALLY think about Donald Trump" and thus lied to America.

Thats the reality.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2016, 01:24:07 am »
Don't you realize that being a human being is not permitted in politics?  That kindness is prohibited??

Do you remember how much flak President Bush always took just because he was a gentleman, and well mannered??

It was his worst 'flaw'............... being human.
I recall a day when bitter enemies in the political arena could stand next to each other at a Church Dinner,  county fair, or Fire Department Parade and be downright civil. That wouldn't stop them from fighting tooth and nail on the floor of the Legislature or at a debate, but that was politics, not personal.

But then, George Washington's Rules of Civility were still held up as a guideline for personal, and even political conduct,despite some being dated.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Rules_of_Civility_and_Decent_Behaviour_in_Company_and_Conversation
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2016, 01:29:24 am »
I recall a day when bitter enemies in the political arena could stand next to each other at a Church Dinner,  county fair, or Fire Department Parade and be downright civil. That wouldn't stop them from fighting tooth and nail on the floor of the Legislature or at a debate, but that was politics, not personal.

But then, George Washington's Rules of Civility were still held up as a guideline for personal, and even political conduct,despite some being dated.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Rules_of_Civility_and_Decent_Behaviour_in_Company_and_Conversation

Days long gone I'm afraid. Direct result of people adopting the 100% liberal ideal that morality is personal and subjective/lesser evils etc.

Liberals always acted uncivilly. Non liberals were the civilizing factor in any conversation. Today, most people are liberal and this is the natural result.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2016, 01:31:31 am »
I recall a day when bitter enemies...

24th Do not laugh too loud or too much at any Publick Spectacle

bwaaahaaahahahaha
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2016, 01:32:13 am »
Everybody wanted us out.

There were overtures. Or something. No doubt it was a tactical "mistake". But with obama I think it was planned. He had an EZ out. The point I am trying to make is that we supposedly were trying to give the Iraqi's freedom. They chose their own sovereignty. You can't justify hindsight. You have to go with the assessment as it occurred. "Bush" put into place the US-Iraq SOFA. We should have tried to negotiate harder, sure, whatever. But the Iraqi's wanted jurisdiction over prosecuting our troops for "off-duty" crimes. I would absolutely not give them that. Keeping troops there, either by force or connivance, isn't really what we supposedly fought for, is it? They wanted their freedom. They got their freedom. And it is a shitshow. It was that before obama took office. ME islamists are only really good at one thing. Shitshows.

I have no problem with people defending their families who had members that served. My nephew served. Evan Vela Carnahan. I am not going to debate his actions here. But I will  debate the way his case was handled. It is my opinion that GWB's mishandling of the entire affair from the get go (the war) is unpardonable as far as his role as POTUS. Instead of  sending a message it opened up the big tent for an extravaganza that islamists excel at.

No everybody didn't want us out!  Not by a long shot.  The only ones who did were the leftist in Washington and their friends in the media.  The fact that we had an enemy agent sitting in the White House let them get their way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2016, 01:36:26 am »
Let's see now............ how many Jews, Poles and Gypsies were killed in concentration camps during the years the Allies were fighting in Europe in WWII?  How much worse did it get the closer we came to victory?  Was it our fault they died because we were trying to liberate them from an evil dictator?

The left can use numbers to warp reality as much as they want, but it does matter WHO was doing the killing.

Those innocent Iraqis being killed were killed by terrorists in their own country.  Blaming those deaths on us is preposterous.

One can argue about the wisdom of invading Iraq and both sides have solid points, but calling Bush, or worse, our TROOPS killers is just vile.
War is hell, especially for civilians, who get caught in crossfires, become 'collateral damage', are killed by invading or indigenous troops, are killed for resources (food, etc.), are raped and killed by either side or other civilians, who are killed for being collaborators, or not being collaborators, who starve, die of illness that might not have killed them in peacetime. Even without a pogrom, times are tough for most.

In WWII, it is estimated that civilian deaths from all sources numbered over 70 million.
At least twice as many as the troops killed.
In Korea, where the Chinese would march the people of a village in front of advancing troops and use them as a screen, the number of civilians killed outnumbered combatants (all armies) by a factor of four to one.
In Iraq, by contrast, between more accurate ordnance delivery systems and ROE, the civilian to
combatant ratio was 1:2 (half as many civilians as combatants), although other estimates would place those numbers at over three civilians to one combatant.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2016, 01:38:24 am »
How can you be so blind to what you have become? Such a purge won't stop there it will cross over into the real world and I believe that is what so many Trump supporters want, they want to punish people who don't believe and then they wonder where the Fascist  talk comes from? Trump supporters talk about keeping list on conservative opponents for payback later, they talk about revenge and retribution and how they will make the 'traitors' pay after Trump takes office is this what America has become?

Now some would claim, that such behavior is only committed by few or at other sites like TOS, but the real heart of the matter is that other Trump supporters stood by and said nothing and that is where such militants get their power when good men say nothing. And that is what is happening here.

Everyone on that list are loyal God fearing Americans many have sacrificed for this country and not one of them are afraid to do so when or if called upon. 

So I am making a stand here DC please add my name to the list. And if my tag line isn't enough warning then read this: When you decide you have the cojones to come for your payback, I am giving you fair warning come carrying and bring friends; that's more of a warning than I am sure to expect from you or any of your cronies.

@Jazzhead
@INVAR
@Cripplecreek
@Catherine of Aragon
@skeeter
@jmyrlefuller
@Suppressed
@Night Hides Not 
@Norm Lenhart     
@catfish 1957 
@Fantom
@sinkspur 
@libertybele
@LMAO
@RAT Patrol      .
@bigheadfred
@bilo
@musiclady
@Chosen Daughter
@Bigun
@mystery-ak 
@mrpotatohead
@Emjay
@Victoria33
@Xena-Lee
@Sanguine
@Once-Ler
@txradioguy
@kartographer
@Smokin Joe
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke.
Add me too! I don't mind being on another list, I'm likely on a bunch already.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:35 am »
No everybody didn't want us out!  Not by a long shot.  The only ones who did were the leftist in Washington and their friends in the media.  The fact that we had an enemy agent sitting in the White House let them get their way.

Ok. I rephrase. You didn't. The MAJORITY did.

President Obama's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of the year generally fits with Americans' wishes, if not those of many Republicans. Americans have been opposed to the Iraq war for many years. Since 2005, on average, a majority have said the U.S. made a mistake in sending troops to Iraq.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2016, 01:48:11 am »
Ok. I rephrase. You didn't. The MAJORITY did.

That's  what they say!  Just goes to show that the majority is very often wrong!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2016, 01:50:11 am »
That is a beautiful verse.  It does not apply here.  Billionaire Trump is neither hungry nor thirsty.  He wanted Cruz to be his partner in crime, achieving power the authoritarian/snake oil salesman way.   Cruz submitted.  Bad move.
Oh, I dunno.

I see him as hungry for adulation, thirsty for the worshipful clamoring of the masses, and full of avarice. The last ones standing in a sea of groveling sycophants are the sediment in his wine, the grounds in his coffee, the bones in his fish, the eggshells in his omelette, ever a reminder that his conquest is not and never will be complete.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2016, 01:51:58 am »
That's  what they say!  Just goes to show that the majority is very often wrong!

Maybe all I know is I don't to see thousands more of our kids in the ME under ROE's so restrictive they are cannon fodder. Not only from people there, but people here.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2016, 01:57:35 am »
Maybe all I know is I don't to see thousands more of our kids in the ME under ROE's so restrictive they are cannon fodder. Not only from people there, but people here.

Until we have someone who is willing to undo what Jimmuh Caaaata did in that region i.e. allow the mullahs to take over the government of Iran,  it's all only going to get worse.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2016, 01:58:30 am »

PS: I see what you did there. Nicely played. :beer:  See you nice folks later. I am plumb tuckered out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #692 on: September 26, 2016, 01:59:43 am »
Oh, I dunno.

I see him as hungry for adulation, thirsty for the worshipful clamoring of the masses, and full of avarice. The last ones standing in a sea of groveling sycophants are the sediment in his wine, the grounds in his coffee, the bones in his fish, the eggshells in his omelette, ever a reminder that his conquest is not and never will be complete.

You certainly have a way with words, Joe....   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #693 on: September 26, 2016, 02:01:46 am »
Until we have someone who is willing to undo what Jimmuh Caaaata did in that region i.e. allow the mullahs to take over the government of Iran,  it's all only going to get worse.

I came to my views on islam and islamists when I lived in Egypt shortly after the Camp David accord. I haven't changed it one lick since.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #694 on: September 26, 2016, 02:05:45 am »
I came to my views on islam and islamists when I lived in Egypt shortly after the Camp David accord. I haven't changed it one lick since.

I spent a fair amount of time living and working in that region myself!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2016, 02:09:36 am »
Add me too! I don't mind being on another list, I'm likely on a bunch already.

Me too! Me too! :raise hand:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #696 on: September 26, 2016, 02:13:02 am »
Me too! Me too! :raise hand:

That list is growing to include most of the finest people on this forum.

I am PROUD to be in such HONORABLE company!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #697 on: September 26, 2016, 02:18:07 am »
Actually, I see that he is more concerned about the country and seating a conservative justice

Then why would he endorsed a leftist nutcase that cannot be trusted to do that...

Offline kartographer

« Reply #698 on: September 26, 2016, 02:19:53 am »
That list is growing to include most of the finest people on this forum.

I am PROUD to be in such HONORABLE company!

Take note Trumpster 'sepia' shirt wearing Trump supporters I don't want you to miss anyone!

@Jazzhead
@INVAR
@Cripplecreek
@Catherine of Aragon
@skeeter
@jmyrlefuller
@Suppressed
@Night Hides Not 
@Norm Lenhart     
@catfish 1957 
@Fantom
@sinkspur 
@libertybele
@LMAO
@RAT Patrol      .
@bigheadfred
@bilo
@musiclady
@Chosen Daughter
@Bigun
@mystery-ak 
@mrpotatohead
@Emjay
@Victoria33
@Xena-Lee
@Sanguine
@Once-Ler
@txradioguy
@kartographer
@Smokin Joe
@montanajoe

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2016, 02:21:10 am »
Take note Trumpster 'sepia' shirt wearing Trump supporters I don't want you to miss anyone!

@Jazzhead
@INVAR
@Cripplecreek
@Catherine of Aragon
@skeeter
@jmyrlefuller
@Suppressed
@Night Hides Not 
@Norm Lenhart     
@catfish 1957 
@Fantom
@sinkspur 
@libertybele
@LMAO
@RAT Patrol      .
@bigheadfred
@bilo
@musiclady
@Chosen Daughter
@Bigun
@mystery-ak 
@mrpotatohead
@Emjay
@Victoria33
@Xena-Lee
@Sanguine
@Once-Ler
@txradioguy
@kartographer
@Smokin Joe
@montanajoe

Me want on list!!!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...