Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127564 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2016, 10:57:01 pm »
Setting aside the childish need to call others "pretend" conservatives...a demonstrably false assertion…

Bullshiite.  You vote for a demonstrably proven lifelong NYC liberal Democrat running as a pretend Conservative, you get a lifelong liberal Democrat for your monarch.  Nothing false about that whatsoever.

we are ALL responsible for what we do and do not do in this election. In that sense, you are right.

More bullshite.  Every single time a Constitutionalist pointed out the unconstitutional, unConservative policies and statements from Trump -  the Mililtants went full tilt to massage and explain away Trump's proposed big government statism as 'truly Conservative' in convoluted twisted sets of pretzel logic that put Hildabeast's ridiculous stretches of truth to shame.

As for your assignment of responsibility to Trump voters....fair enough...as long as you acknowledge that a Hillary win's consequences are YOURS and yours alone in the same sense…

Horseshiite.  I do not buy the pretense of the assignment.  Neither Trump or Hillary are getting my vote or support, so I have absolutely no hand or responsibility in who *wins* or what they do once on the throne.

That belongs to those who actually cast a vote to put them there.

not belonging to the rest of us who DID support the GOP nominee.

No.  I refuse to belong to a mob of fascists disguising themselves as Conservative nationalist populists.

In this kind of election, no choice gets to escape responsibility…and that applies to inaction and 3rd party voting as much as to active participation. You don't get to pull a Pontius Pilate because you "leave it others" to carry out the sentence.

Thanks for illustrating exactly why it is that you Trump supporters and Hillary's Communists are absolutely no different at all in terms of statists and tyrants.

If you think you and yours will get to impose penalty for my 'responsibility' of not voting for your prince… I'll be waiting for you imbeciles to make that last mistake.

THAT I promise you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »
Good post ... and good to see you @Mescalone   :beer:

You as well, RIV. I needed a bit of a sabbatical. Re-energized and ready for the stretch run!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2016, 10:58:52 pm »
I would like to posit that this endorsement has come at a price for Orange Glorious...as referenced in  Cruz' own statement....Trump published his COMPLETE list of potential Supreme Court nominees and stated unequivocally that he will ONLY choose from that list.  I suspect THAT was the price of Cruz' endorsement.

If true, I would say well played.

LOL!  And, of course Cruz and the Trumpkins believe him.  The ink wasn't dry on the list and Mike Lee told Trump to stuff it.

There was no "price" to Cruz' endorsement.  He only cares about his own political hide.

When a man is in the process of throwing away his dignity, even his wife and father are not safe.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 10:59:51 pm »
So you guys are reduced to terms like "traitor" and using Nazi analogies. Are you surprised your arguments lack the ability to persuade...or even to make you seem like a "reasonable" opposition?

This is what they degrade into. A bunch of them getting into a circle and doing who knows what... But reasonable discourse, certainly isn't it.

:thumbsup2:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2016, 10:59:54 pm »
Ok, and what do you propose that he do? Be specific now, no arm waving and generalities.

Go back to funding clinton openlyand putting trannies in Miss Universe.

What he should do is stand for the constitution. He did not. He stood with those destroying freedom of religion.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »
This is what they degrade into. A bunch of them getting into a circle and doing who knows what... But reasonable discourse, certainly isn't it.

:thumbsup2:

Post more of your pictures of mockery and tell me again how reasonable your discourse is. Glass houses and all.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2016, 11:02:38 pm »
I respect you Mesa, you're one of the bright and articulate ones, just like the major.

But I'm sick and tired of hearing, well "he's not as bad as Hillary." No no no. Donald Trump is and always has been far superior to Hillary and to the rest of the republican field. I recognized early on Donald Trump's incredible credentials and performance history preparing him for this job as president of the United States.

Donald Trump doesn't have to take a backseat to any of them.

This is just brain dead.  Trump is an ignorant megalomaniac, with no principles, no morality, and no internal self-control.  He has no business near any decision involving war or weapons.

Nor does he have any place near the economy. He's already shown he'll compromise on every single thing, including spending.  He wants an entirely new entitlement, which will drive the US further into debt.

You support a mental patient.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2016, 11:03:04 pm »
Dont act like a Brownshirt and you won't have that problem.

It just occurred to me that the handful of posters doing the electric slide over Cruz's statement are the very same folks that declared him dead candidate walking while threatening to help primary him out in 2018 just a few short days ago.

Why such elation over what a loser globalist liar (and an ineffective senator to boot) says on Facebook?

Strange election, this one.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2016, 11:03:53 pm »
Battle lines being defined. Bush comes out saying he will vote for Hillary Rodham. Cruz comes out with a vote for Trump.

This is the entrenched establishment vs. the rebel upstarts. Old blood against new blood. Time to choose a side like Ted did.

Are you for Trump? Or are you for Hillary? You can stand on the sidelines if you want to, but this is the decision everyone else is making. 

Excellent post @240B   :thumbsup3:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2016, 11:06:02 pm »
It just occurred to me that the handful of posters doing the electric slide over Cruz's statement are the very same folks that declared him dead candidate walking while threatening to help primary him out in 2018 just a few short days ago.

Why such elation over what a loser globalist liar (and an ineffective senator to boot) says on Facebook?

Strange election, this one.

Not strange at all. liberals just took their masks off.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2016, 11:06:34 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
"No no no, this doesn't just end with the cult leader Cruz endorsing Trump. No, it's not that easy. It doesn't just stop with that.
The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that."

In complete agreement with aligncare's observations.

The ne'ertrumpers here have behaved deplorably (hehe) towards those who saw fit to support Trump from the beginning.

From this point on, I expect to see the whining ne'ertrumper choir to mute down a bit, with the exception of those who will now change their tune into an entirely new aria in an attempt to convince us that they never were bound to Cruz in the first place, but to some ethereal concept called "principles". Or whatever.

In any case, Mr. Cruz saw the writin' on the wall.
And it advised him about his political future.
And... he acted accordingly, so that he might actually have one.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:07:14 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline unknown

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 11:06:55 pm »
I disagree. It seems like it, but the turning point was probably 2012. Regardless of who wins obamacare will be replaced with a national healthcare program run under medicaid. Insurance companies will support this because they will keep their group plans and the more expensive individual plans will be laid off on the govt, just like what they did with Medicare and seniors.

If Trump wins the Pubs will fall in line and do whatever he wants even if it is the opposite of what they claim to believe in. If hillary wins they at least would gain some support from fighting her. The argument about the courts really is much ado about nothing. The SCOTUs has a majority of judges nominated by Pubs and it validated obamacare. They are no better than a bucket of warm spit.

I agree that the turning point was in 2012.

But I believe to say that "If Trump wins the Pubs will fall in line and do whatever he wants even if it is the opposite of what they claim to believe in," is a prophetic statement that may not be true. It may also be true. But regardless, we KNOW what Hillary will do. This is why I am willing to take the risk with Trump, today.

And since you brought up SCOTUS, "if" we can believe the lists that Trump has given us, they look pretty darn good. And, yes, I said "if." I am wiling to take this risk. Again, because compare that list to what Hillary will bring to the SCOTUS, we know how bad that will be.

So, there is a risk with Trump. We don't know for sure what he will bring. But there is no risk with Hillary, we know exactly what she will bring - and I don't like it at all.

So, TRUMP for president!

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 11:07:16 pm »
Gee, with such big news today you think we'd be on page 800 by now. But, for some reason only crickets have shown up here in place of NeverTrump. Humph. Or, should that be, tRrump?

You NEVER post ANY policy position of Trump's.  Just attacks on #NeverTrump. 

Why don't you try to convince people of the rightness of Trump?  Can you do that?  Can you keep up with your boy's constantly-shifting positions?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 11:08:33 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
"No no no, this doesn't just end with the cult leader Cruz endorsing Trump. No, it's not that easy. It doesn't just stop with that.
The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that."

The ne'ertrumpers here have behaved deplorably (hehe) towards those who saw fit to support Trump from the beginning.

From this point on, I expect to see the whining ne'ertrumper choir to mute down a bit, with the exception of those who will now change their tune into an entirely new area in an attempt to convince us that they never were bound to Cruz in the first place, but to some ethereal concept called "principles". Or whatever.

Sure sounds like a mafia movie. "Nice career you got there. Hate ta see anything happen to it.."

And all he had to do is join the mob to keep it.

America! F' YEA!

Not.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2016, 11:09:09 pm »
My wife has been badgering me  the whole year because I was vacillating about voting for Trump or a write-in. She is holding me to my promise of always voting for the least worst option, but always voting.  I am now leaning to voting for Trump, but the idea of voting for this skunk makes me shudder.

Vote down-ticket. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2016, 11:09:51 pm »
You as well, RIV. I needed a bit of a sabbatical. Re-energized and ready for the stretch run!

I'm glad you're back!   888high58888

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:31 pm »
I agree that the turning point was in 2012.

But I believe to say that "If Trump wins the Pubs will fall in line and do whatever he wants even if it is the opposite of what they claim to believe in," is a prophetic statement that may not be true. It may also be true. But regardless, we KNOW what Hillary will do. This is why I am willing to take the risk with Trump, today.

And since you brought up SCOTUS, "if" we can believe the lists that Trump has given us, they look pretty darn good. And, yes, I said "if." I am wiling to take this risk. Again, because compare that list to what Hillary will bring to the SCOTUS, we know how bad that will be.

So, there is a risk with Trump. We don't know for sure what he will bring. But there is no risk with Hillary, we know exactly what she will bring - and I don't like it at all.

So, TRUMP for president!

How odd. Two days ago you told me how you didn't vote for Romney. You seem unmoored from consistency.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:32 pm »
Grace? Excuse me? Where were you while packs of Cruz supporters and assorted #NeverTrumpers ganged up on and ravaged with streams of vile insults the handful of Trump supporters here?

No no no, this doesn't just end with the cult leader Cruz endorsing Trump. No, it's not that easy. It doesn't just stop with that.

The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that.

Sore winners are pathetic.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline unknown

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:53 pm »
If that were true he would have caved at the convention.  They wore him down, yes.  He made a huge mistake, yes.  But in the end this will not serve him politically.  So...your point is not valid.  You fail as a mind and motive reader.  Turn in your psychic friend badge.

It may serve him politically. Cruz still has a shot at the Presidency. He is young. Give him some more years. Rinse Publius put out the ultimatum, declare support for Trump or you will not get a shot in the future.

President Cruz sounds real good! Or Honorable Supreme Court Justice Cruz!  Or even better, how about both??

Cruz is too good to just disappear. We need to make sure he gets our support!!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2016, 11:10:59 pm »
Bullshiite.  You vote for a demonstrably proven lifelong NYC liberal Democrat running as a pretend Conservative, you get a lifelong liberal Democrat for your monarch.  Nothing false about that whatsoever.

More bullshite.  Every single time a Constitutionalist pointed out the unconstitutional, unConservative policies and statements from Trump -  the Mililtants went full tilt to massage and explain away Trump's proposed big government statism as 'truly Conservative' in convoluted twisted sets of pretzel logic that put Hildabeast's ridiculous stretches of truth to shame.

Horseshiite.  I do not buy the pretense of the assignment.  Neither Trump or Hillary are getting my vote or support, so I have absolutely no hand or responsibility in who *wins* or what they do once on the throne.

That belongs to those who actually cast a vote to put them there.

No.  I refuse to belong to a mob of fascists disguising themselves as Conservative nationalist populists.

Thanks for illustrating exactly why it is that you Trump supporters and Hillary's Communists are absolutely no different at all in terms of statists and tyrants.

If you think you and yours will get to impose penalty for my 'responsibility' of not voting for your prince… I'll be waiting for you imbeciles to make that last mistake.

THAT I promise you.

Let me summarize your long series of diatribes.

Invar: "I told you, your guy's a poopy face, so its all your fault if Hillary Clinton wins"

The reality is a bit more...rational. Which, evidently, makes it inaccessible to you. Sorry for that, but we all have our limitations and there's no need for you to be ashamed. You are what you are.

Invar: "I'll be waiting for you imbeciles to make that last mistake." :rolling:
And spare us the vague internet tough guy threats. You're being ridiculous. Nobody is "coming for you" so you can come up out of your bunker...though your paranoia is quite revealing. Why so afraid, I mean...its unmanly.

Unfortunately, you're stuck with the responsibility of your choices whether you like that or not. Hillary wins...that's all you, baby.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Truthsearcher

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »
This is just brain dead.  Trump is an ignorant megalomaniac, with no principles, no morality, and no internal self-control.  He has no business near any decision involving war or weapons.

Nor does he have any place near the economy. He's already shown he'll compromise on every single thing, including spending.  He wants an entirely new entitlement, which will drive the US further into debt.

You support a mental patient.

I don't support him, and he might even be a mental patient, but right now I'd still pick him over the even worse option. Unfortunately that's the options I have.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2016, 11:13:00 pm »
I don't support him, and he might even be a mental patient, but right now I'd still pick him over the even worse option. Unfortunately that's the options I have.

No, you have other options. you just won't exercize them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »
Sure sounds like a mafia movie. "Nice career you got there. Hate ta see anything happen to it.."

And all he had to do is join the mob to keep it.

America! F' YEA!

Not.

Yup.  They keep makin' offers they think we cannot refuse… and get bent out of shape when we do.

So now the threats are going to get hot and heavy because they think they just scored a huge wave of Conservatives to join their mob.

As I said elsewhere - we've seen this kind of mobbish nationalism before.  1934 Germany to be precise.

Because it's what my OPA keeps telling me happened in the old country when he was in his teens.  He says it's the same damn thing. I'll take the word from someone who lived it over what some pointy-headed intellectual keeps attempting to deflect and assure that is not the case.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2016, 11:13:17 pm »
aligncare wrote above:

From this point on, I expect to see the whining ne'ertrumper choir to mute down a bit, with the exception of those who will now change their tune into an entirely new aria in an attempt to convince us that they never were bound to Cruz in the first place, but to some ethereal concept called "principles". Or whatever.

I'm curious... What do you and aligncare propose you'll do about all of those non believers who offended you during this campaign season? Do you think there'll be some kind of 'purge' following a Trump victory when you'll be able to punish the impertinent ones?

Offline unknown

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »
How odd. Two days ago you told me how you didn't vote for Romney. You seem unmoored from consistency.

Norm, get a grip. Times change.