Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 127923 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2016, 11:39:42 pm »
Well you DO support an amoral game show host, and a lot of us who are students of history think he's a proto-fascist.   No,  you don't want reconciliation and neither do I.   I appreciate the dilemma Cruz finds himself in,  and we all know how awful Clinton is going to be.   

But Trump's a cancer,  and I want him cut out.   

Trump will still lose but the simpletons won't be able to blame Ted Cruz for it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2016, 11:40:34 pm »
Cruz's statement is very clear about taking Trump's word on the six issues he outlined.

I have not heard Trump be so unequivocal, but will take Cruz at his own word that he actually heard Trump or some other authorized person in the Trump campaign make him these promises.

It all goes into the hopper as I decide what I end up doing this November.

@skeeter

The question is why Cruz would believe anything a pathological liar (Ted's words) tells him.

Offline unknown

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2016, 11:41:15 pm »
Hillary's people have not threatened to kill me because I will not vote for her.  Your fellow Trump militant fanatics have on various social media.  In short, I view the Trump mob and Trump himself a more direct clear and present danger to my liberty than Hillary and her commie-hordes.

I take every threat I hear seriously. Only a clueless moron would ignore them.

Clear it up any for you?

What do you intend to do about it? 

I'm choosing Castle for the top spot.  You want to make something of that?

Or will you just continue to fling invective and claim we're Hillary supporters because we're casting a vote for Darrell Castle?

Put please, continue to illustrate yourselves as disdaining of our personal liberty as much if not moreso than the Liberal Marxists do.

I'll vote for whom I damn well please, and as for 'responsibility of my choice' - I'm perfectly fine and good with it.

Wow, getting kind of feisty aren't you? That usually means you lost!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2016, 11:42:28 pm »
Trump will still lose but the simpletons won't be able to blame Ted Cruz for it.

hmmm, can I blame you that Trump loses and that you let Hillary win?

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Silver Pines

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »
Now that I've gotten the preliminary I told you so's out of the way on the other thread, I'd like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Senator Cruz for getting over his hurt and for coming to his senses. He must've used that extra strength Preparation-H I sent him.

You see this, right?  This is what Trump and his supporters are like when a NeverTrump changes his mind---they're greeted with total contempt.

One more confirmation that NeverTrump is the right path to take.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2016, 11:44:39 pm »
More gibberish. More Bush hating. More bullshit.

Both Bush 1 and Bush 2 are complete POS as far as POTUS goes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2016, 11:47:18 pm »
Wow, getting kind of feisty aren't you? That usually means you lost!

You won. America lost. your goal is accomplished.

Silver Pines

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2016, 11:49:24 pm »
I respect you Mesa, you're one of the bright and articulate ones, just like the major.

But I'm sick and tired of hearing, well "he's not as bad as Hillary." No no no. Donald Trump is and always has been far superior to Hillary and to the rest of the republican field. I recognized early on Donald Trump's incredible credentials and performance history preparing him for this job as president of the United States.

Donald Trump doesn't have to take a backseat to any of them.

@aligncare

The gushing of a devoted fan.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2016, 11:49:50 pm »
You see this, right?  This is what Trump and his supporters are like when a NeverTrump changes his mind---they're greeted with total contempt.

One more confirmation that NeverTrump is the right path to take.

I'm personally betting that Ted Cruz sacrificed for the greater good and I'm betting the GOP threatened to let Obama give the internet away if Cruz didn't support Trump. We already know what kind of bottom feeding scum they are from McConnell lying to the American people about Obamacare.

In the end, Trump will lose anyway but Ted Cruz won't get the blame for it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »
hmmm, can I blame you that Trump loses and that you let Hillary win?
Haven't you already said you won't be around to blame them?

And no. We didn't "let" Hillary win. You don't get votes by default in this country.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2016, 11:51:30 pm »
I'm personally betting that Ted Cruz sacrificed for the greater good and I'm betting the GOP threatened to let Obama give the internet away if Cruz didn't support Trump. We already know what kind of bottom feeding scum they are from McConnell lying to the American people about Obamacare.

But he didn't sacrifice for the greater good in reality even if that was his intention. He empowered the very evil he fought so long against.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2016, 11:51:47 pm »
I know you like to feel as if you are in a bunker, besieged by hordes of commies and Alinsky-ites

You have demonstrated Rule No. 5 so perfectly well in that reply. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »

And therein lies the calculation.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline unknown

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2016, 11:54:47 pm »

I totally agree with you, except where you start to prophesize. We don't know who will win or lose.

But, regarding this, "I'm personally betting that Ted Cruz sacrificed for the greater good and I'm betting the GOP threatened to let Obama give the internet away if Cruz didn't support Trump. We already know what kind of bottom feeding scum they are from McConnell lying to the American people about Obamacare."   -  Spot on and thumbs up!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2016, 12:00:33 am »
Yeah, I think it's the opposite. I think he sees that the little tinpot might win, and dissidents don't flourish under fascism.

Well RCP has Clinton +3 today, I know partisans only believe a poll that favors their candidate but politicians, no matter what they say in public are poll driven and the RCP average is as close to their internal polling that the public gets. If Trump ever established a lead in the RCP  I'd tend to believe he was leading.

Cruz is a politician first and foremost. If he thought Trump is and has been ahead he would have said he would vote weeks ago.

I won't vote for either and honestly I could care less who wins, the country will survive. I do try to base my observations on fact rather than the echo chamber that tends to develop so often on a political forum. It is my opinion that Cruz based his decision on polling showing Trump will lose. The fact is that the RCP average is usually right.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2016, 12:05:43 am »
Mr Trump is calling for a society that is ethnically and racially neutral...color blind in a sense...in which individual merit is the only discriminator.

@Mesaclone @INVAR

That's utter bull$...

He questioned the impartiality of a judge based solely on his ethnicity.  That's anything but "ethnically...color blind"! 

It's actually rather insulting that you thought you could pass off such a obviously false claim so brazenly.  I thought higher of you.  Please tell me I'm mistaken that this was intentional.

He wants to reduce taxation on corporations from 35 down to 15 percent...a huge reduction in governmental interference in the free market.

While increasing government interference in the free market for ordinary Americans, by raising their consumer costs by 45%!  Again, brazen misrepresentation by omission.

He has virtually nothing in common with any element in 1934 Germany...nor does our current economic, social, and political situation bear even a remote commonality with the Germany of that era.

He has quite a bit in common with it, but it's true that his proposals are closer to Mussolini's Italy.

Honestly, read a book.

While this statement was directed to another poster, I will tell you that I read plenty of books.  And I'd like to suggest one to you -- Under the Axe of Fascism -- written by an economist who lived under Mussolini and escaped to become a professor at Harvard: Gaetano Salvemini.  In it, you can see how Mussolini tried out the policies that Mr. Trump loves so much.  And you can see why those of us who do know history have fought so bitterly to try to prevent a repeat here in America.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2016, 12:07:45 am »
It just occurred to me that the handful of posters doing the electric slide over Cruz's statement are the very same folks that declared him dead candidate walking while threatening to help primary him out in 2018 just a few short days ago.

Why such elation over what a loser globalist liar (and an ineffective senator to boot) says on Facebook?

Strange election, this one.

Skeeter, methinks the 2018 mid term is going to be even stranger. Could be the year for a third party to make some noise. Pubbies won't fight Trump, and Dems don't show during midterms. That leaves TEA Partiers without a home.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2016, 12:13:24 am »
@Mesaclone @INVAR

That's utter bull$...

He questioned the impartiality of a judge based solely on his ethnicity.  That's anything but "ethnically...color blind"! 

It's actually rather insulting that you thought you could pass off such a obviously false claim so brazenly.  I thought higher of you.  Please tell me I'm mistaken that this was intentional.

Never 'think higher' of anyone that would empower a liberal. You'll only be disappointed. See them for what they are. Just another liberal with all the things that means.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2016, 12:17:34 am »
Never 'think higher' of anyone that would empower a liberal. You'll only be disappointed. See them for what they are. Just another liberal with all the things that means.

Damn, we've gone from Chicago values to NY values without skipping a beat, no matter who wins.

We need a border fence in Texas to keep foreign and domestic invaders at bay.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2016, 12:22:16 am »
Oh I forgot to add, on the 'Read a book' thing...

I always find it entertaining that leftists telling others to read books, almost invariably say it to people with libraries in their houses. entirely read libraries. My own includes several walls of book shelves. All read. Many subjects.

it's because WE 'read a book' or 3,000 that we understand history better than fear voting liberals.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2016, 12:26:33 am »
In any case, Mr. Cruz saw the writin' on the wall.
And it advised him about his political future.
And... he acted accordingly, so that he might actually have one.

Well said...it'll be interesting to see exactly how much heck he catches from his own base for this.

My guess is less than some might think. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2016, 12:34:43 am »
Damn, we've gone from Chicago values to NY values without skipping a beat, no matter who wins.

I thought The Great Wall of Texas Society was working for something like that. I can't recall if it was to save America from Texas, or to save Americans from Texans.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2016, 12:35:50 am »
Well said...it'll be interesting to see exactly how much heck he catches from his own base for this.

My guess is less than some might think.

Probably. This election proved beyond doubt there's plenty of fairweather conservatives to go around. They are all fine selling out themselves. So Ted's failure just makes him one of the boys.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2016, 12:39:31 am »

Well thats probably because of the Canadian endorsement Trump just got...i mean they told us Ted wasn't American and all...so clearly Trump is under the influence of a foreign agent!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2016, 12:43:34 am »
I thought The Great Wall of Texas Society was working for something like that. I can't recall if it was to save America from Texas, or to save Americans from Texans.

Why don't you come down to Texas and find out? I've been a naturalized citizen of the Republic of Texas for 40 years.   :beer: :beer: