Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128738 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2016, 02:42:45 am »
Now that I've gotten the preliminary I told you so's out of the way on the other thread, I'd like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Senator Cruz for getting over his hurt and for coming to his senses. He must've used that extra strength Preparation-H I sent him.

No class response.  Figures
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2016, 02:44:44 am »
Well, Trump has done well.. did not take Christie/Kasic as VP.  Uses Heritage Foundation to flesh out his "policies". Has learned to read a TelePrompTer... not at obama level.. but well enough... ;) not to give a speech like a fool.

Damning with faint praise...I'll take it.  :smokin:

Silver Pines

« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2016, 02:45:05 am »
This entire thread is confirmation that staying as far away from Trump and his bully crew and their ugly insults, is the right thing to do.

On election day, my conscience will be clear in NOT voting for either NY Leftist........ even the debauched, corrupt guy claiming to be a Republican.

I really do wish these TOS nasties would stay there with the other nasties where they belong.....

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

Exactly right.  It tickles me that they're salivating and waiting for us to "fall".  They must think they need the last vote they can scrounge. 

It feels great to be a NeverTrumper. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2016, 02:45:36 am »
As one of Cruz' biggest supporters even back to his senatorial primaries, words can not describe my disappointment in him abandoning his principles.

My respect for him dropped two notches tonight.  And btw, I still will not vote for Trump or Hitlerly.

A big mistake Trump zealots are making is in thinking that Cruz' caving will make Cruz supporters vote for Trump.

What they don't realize is that we are DIFFERENT from them because we believe in conservative ideals and principles, and unlike their ongoing lie, we are not bound to a man.  We are not in love as they are.

I am no more inclined to vote for Trump today than I was yesterday or will be tomorrow.

He doesn't represent a single value I have.  He is a degenerate human being, and completely corrupt.

The Trump cheerleading squad may be gloating tonight, but they are still just as wrong as they have ever been because they are cheerleading for a vulgar, corrupt, amoral leftist.

He will NEVER get my support.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2016, 02:46:53 am »
Oh really....no matter what happens  with this election there isn't going to be any *payback* here...I guarantee that!
It's also worth noting that some of us on this side have been around here as long as they have! This never-Trump movement is not just the refugees here. In fact, many of us opposed Trump from the moment he was even mentioned.

Remember, Trump had the highest negatives of any potential candidate way back last spring, before he even confirmed he was in the race. Nothing has changed in regard to that. His lack of fitness was known beforehand.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2016, 02:47:39 am »
@musiclady

Exactly right.  It tickles me that they're salivating and waiting for us to "fall".  They must think they need the last vote they can scrounge. 

It feels great to be a NeverTrumper.

It sure does.  There is a certain cleansing that takes place when you realize you are not subject to personality cults, the pressure of bullies, or the siren call of evil.

They assume we're all as weak and malleable as they are.

But they are WRONG.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2016, 02:50:12 am »
@Norm Lenhart

"Payback?"  Seriously?  From someone typing text on a message board?

How intimidating, lol.

I quake in fear as this strong Nord keyboard warrior towers above me....

No really. i am just shaking...

Oh. Help. someone save me from laughing myself into convulsions!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2016, 02:53:26 am »
This entire thread is confirmation that staying as far away from Trump and his bully crew and their ugly insults, is the right thing to do.

On election day, my conscience will be clear in NOT voting for either NY Leftist........ even the debauched, corrupt guy claiming to be a Republican.

I really do wish these TOS nasties would stay there with the other nasties where they belong.....

@CatherineofAragon

As will mine!

This thread has only served to further cement my resolve!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2016, 02:56:08 am »
No class response.  Figures

What else would you expect from a no class Trump lemming?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2016, 02:56:20 am »
It's also worth noting that some of us on this side have been around here as long as they have! This never-Trump movement is not just the refugees here. In fact, many of us opposed Trump from the moment he was even mentioned.

Remember, Trump had the highest negatives of any potential candidate way back last spring, before he even confirmed he was in the race. Nothing has changed in regard to that. His lack of fitness was known beforehand.

@mystery-ak

As i said after I got here...They hate us for being here. We disrupted their safe space. Their anger isn't really about Trump and neverTrump. It's because someone let in 'lesser people' to their elitist club. Well, the club in their minds anyway. They hate us for being here and they resent the hell out of Myst not shitcanning every last one of us.

And thats why they test her good will every chance they get.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:51 am »
@mystery-ak

As i said after I got here...They hate us for being here. We disrupted their safe space. Their anger isn't really about Trump and neverTrump. It's because someone let in 'lesser people' to their elitist club. Well, the club in their minds anyway. They hate us for being here and they resent the hell out of Myst not shitcanning every last one of us.

And thats why they test her good will every chance they get.

As jmyrlefuller stated TBR was already divided before you all came over...and they have always resented me for not being a Trumper....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2016, 03:03:35 am »
I quake in fear as this strong Nord keyboard warrior towers above me....

No really. i am just shaking...

Oh. Help. someone save me from laughing myself into convulsions!

@Norm Lenhart

Look, you can joke all you want, but I for one find strongly worded text very chilling!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2016, 03:04:38 am »
Oh really....no matter what happens  with this election there isn't going to be any *payback* here...I guarantee that!

Wow! That sounds like my mom when the S was about to hit the fan! Any time someone put in the extra effort to tick her off enough to  say "Oh Really" it was best to book passage off planet as quickly as possible.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2016, 03:05:25 am »
A big mistake Trump zealots are making is in thinking that Cruz' caving will make Cruz supporters vote for Trump.

What they don't realize is that we are DIFFERENT from them because we believe in conservative ideals and principles, and unlike their ongoing lie, we are not bound to a man.  We are not in love as they are.

I am no more inclined to vote for Trump today than I was yesterday or will be tomorrow.

He doesn't represent a single value I have.  He is a degenerate human being, and completely corrupt.

The Trump cheerleading squad may be gloating tonight, but they are still just as wrong as they have ever been because they are cheerleading for a vulgar, corrupt, amoral leftist.

He will NEVER get my support.
:amen:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2016, 03:06:08 am »
But I love you for it.

She has one hell-of-a-lot more patience than I ever will have!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2016, 03:06:28 am »
As jmyrlefuller stated TBR was already divided before you all came over...and they have always resented me for not being a Trumper....

Maybe so. but SINCE we got here they haven't mellowed I'm sure. And we all see how often they dump on you. Which BTW, pisses a lot of us off to no end, over and above how pissed we get about the 'you support hillary!" idiocy they spew daily at us.

They arent gonna stop. they'll only get worse as Trump betrays them and adopts evermore liberal positions.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2016, 03:07:58 am »
Maybe so. but SINCE we got here they haven't mellowed I'm sure. And we all see how often they dump on you. Which BTW, pisses a lot of us off to no end, over and above how pissed we get about the 'you support hillary!" idiocy they spew daily at us.

They arent gonna stop. they'll only get worse as Trump betrays them and adopts evermore liberal positions.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2016, 03:09:23 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Look, you can joke all you want, but I for one find strongly worded text very chilling!

AZ is a castle doctrine state if they choose that route.

if it wants to have word wars, then it will find that it chose the wrong opponent rather quickly as well. So either way I don't worry about keyboard commandos.

Silver Pines

« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2016, 03:09:57 am »

@mystery-ak

It ought to be enough that you say you will likely vote for him, but it isn't.  Nothing less than pure adulation before Trump will do.

Omarosa, Trump's "director of African-American outreach":

“Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump. It’s everyone who’s ever doubted Donald, who ever disagreed, who ever challenged him. It is the ultimate revenge to become the most powerful man in the universe."

His fans want to see him worshiped because  they think he deserves it.  They, and he, can kiss my rear.

Offline bilo

« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2016, 03:12:14 am »

@CatherineofAragon

:amen:

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Silver Pines

« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2016, 03:12:37 am »
AZ is a castle doctrine state if they choose that route.

if it wants to have word wars, then it will find that it chose the wrong opponent rather quickly as well. So either way I don't worry about keyboard commandos.

@Norm Lenhart

I don't have a history of allowing myself to be intimidated IRL, so I know damn well a bunch of Trumpists on a forum aren't going to make it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2016, 03:14:37 am »
I haven't read the replies to this thread but I did read Ted Cruz's reasons for his decision and  I found them credible.

Trump has promised him a number of things, foremost is a list of conservative justices he would appoint and also to vote to end Obamacare and to stop the fight against the gas industry.

We know that Trump can't be counted on to keep those promises and I'm sure Cruz knows that also but he also knows that Hillary will definitely appoint liberal justices ... destroying the court.

I've always said I had respect for trump voters who see him for what he is but think Hillary would be worse.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2016, 03:15:20 am »

Maybe they won't...but I feel TBR will find it's direction after the election...and with all our help we will all deal with it.

The sad thing is if Trump adopts even more liberal positions I feel they will still follow and condone his actions and give up whatever is left of their conservative ideals.....I am holding on to mine no matter what and TBR will remain conservative....no matter who is elected we will scrutinize the president and everything he/she does.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2016, 03:17:04 am »
I haven't read the replies to this thread but I did read Ted Cruz's reasons for his decision and  I found them credible.

Trump has promised him a number of things, foremost is a list of conservative justices he would appoint and also to vote to end Obamacare and to stop the fight against the gas industry.

We know that Trump can't be counted on to keep those promises and I'm sure Cruz knows that also but he also knows that Hillary will definitely appoint liberal justices ... destroying the court.

I've always said I had respect for trump voters who see him for what he is but think Hillary would be worse.

Right.

It is not a capitulation, no matter what some trumpansies think.

Nor did it happen in a vacuum. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2016, 03:17:08 am »
@Norm Lenhart

I don't have a history of allowing myself to be intimidated IRL, so I know damn well a bunch of Trumpists on a forum aren't going to make it.

That upsets them more than about anything. They know that ultimately we arent intimidated and think they are pond scum. No amount of throwing themselves on the floor, kicking and screaming will ever change that. They always got their way. And now, for the first time, probably in their spoiled lives, they had the word 'No' enforced on them.

And they don't know how to handle it.