Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128434 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44:35 am »
Ted Cruz announces endorsement of Donald Trump

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2016, 12:47:18 am »

The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that.

And you are the one here bitchin' about butt hurt.  You are a tool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2016, 12:48:20 am »
Well thats probably because of the Canadian endorsement Trump just got...i mean they told us Ted wasn't American and all...so clearly Trump is under the influence of a foreign agent!

I understand why Cruz came out of the closet today. He's still a fine Senator for us, but it's not going to change my stance. Trump is still not displaying the leadership qualities of what I expect from my Commander in Chief. He's got 45 days +/- to change my mind.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2016, 12:48:42 am »

Tools have a use/purpose. So there is likely a better comparison to be made.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2016, 12:51:16 am »
I understand why Cruz came out of the closet today. He's still a fine Senator for us, but it's not going to change my stance. Trump is still not displaying the leadership qualities of what I expect from my Commander in Chief. He's got 45 days +/- to change my mind.

I wouldn't hold my breath. With the last conservative soul corrupted, the great god of the left will now stand unopposed. Not a single reason remains for him to accommodate anyone but fellow travelers. AKA Democrat Liberals.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2016, 12:54:42 am »

In the spirit of reconciliation, I offer this:

:silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2016, 12:57:24 am »
I wouldn't hold my breath. With the last conservative soul corrupted, the great god of the left will now stand unopposed. Not a single reason remains for him to accommodate anyone but fellow travelers. AKA Democrat Liberals.

As one of Cruz' biggest supporters even back to his senatorial primaries, words can not describe my disappointment in him abandoning his principles.

My respect for him dropped two notches tonight.  And btw, I still will not vote for Trump or Hitlerly.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2016, 01:00:42 am »
As one of Cruz' biggest supporters even back to his senatorial primaries, words can not describe my disappointment in him abandoning his principles.

My respect for him dropped two notches tonight.  And btw, I still will not vote for Trump or Hitlerly.

Mine evaporated. He had one job. One. To be the person he presented himself as. "Stalwart Conservative'. He failed. No reason to renew the contract of Mighty Casey when he struck out.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2016, 01:05:49 am »
The real test for Cruz will be what he does when Trump's budgets are in the red with big deficits or what he does when Trump attempts to expand the size of the federal government.

It was easy for him to oppose BHO's overreach as he was from the opposing party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2016, 01:09:53 am »
The real test for Cruz will be what he does when Trump's budgets are in the red with big deficits or what he does when Trump attempts to expand the size of the federal government.

It was easy for him to oppose BHO's overreach as he was from the opposing party

If he or anyone actually did the actual job they were elected for, it's 100% easy 100% of the time. "Here's the position of my state/constituency. Period. My vote is X."

They were not elected by the RNC. Or the DNC. But they vote like they were. Ergo they represent party, not people.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2016, 01:22:47 am »
Now that I've gotten the preliminary I told you so's out of the way on the other thread, I'd like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Senator Cruz for getting over his hurt and for coming to his senses. He must've used that extra strength Preparation-H I sent him.

Well..... I am with Ted, it is not that He so much as endorsed trump, as such Ted said trump is less suck than Hillary.

Obviously there is some backdoor politics to, from trump... those latest SCOTUS list mayhap. trump is being trained.

Now having said that. I would vote for trump on the strength of Teds argument.  Then I read the writings of a trumpansie... and it moves me back to under  a % 5.00 chance I would vote for the orange one.......

.... Good job aighn... however you spell your  name.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2016, 01:23:48 am »
Husband: Hi, honey. I'm home.

Wife: What did you do today, babe?

Husband: Endorsed the guy who called you ugly
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2016, 01:24:27 am »
Let's take a hand count.

How many here are moving to Belize?

Online libertybele

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2016, 01:24:36 am »
I have been a huge supporter of Cruz's and I am thoroughly disappointed.  IMHO... something or more likely someone got to Ted.  I question what is truly going on ... the timing for one seems a bit odd to me.  I would have thought if he were going to announce he was going to vote for him, he would have done so closer to the election instead of a month out and certainly, I would think he would have waited till after the first debate. IMHO Ted has made a huge mistake ... there is a strong possibility that Donny could make a total asz out of himself during the debate and even more likely that he will display his lack of knowledge on the issues, government and the Constitution.

On the other hand Since Cruz has fought several Supreme Court battles (Heller v. DC etc.) and won, I think Scalia's vacancy may have weighed heavily on him and the fact that at least one other additional justice will probably be appointed.  Cruz stated; "We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices 'in the mold of Scalia'".

Cruz unfortunately, is taking him at his word.

..."Cruz also praised Trump for releasing an updated list of potential Supreme Court nominees that includes Sen. Mike Lee. Cruz said he had sought "greater specificity on this issue, and today the Trump campaign provided that."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/23/cruz-says-will-vote-for-trump.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2016, 01:25:22 am »
In the spirit of reconciliation, I offer this:

:silly:

===========================

Do they sell that stuff in Belize?

Discounts for expats?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2016, 01:30:45 am »
I have been a huge supporter of Cruz's and I am thoroughly disappointed.  IMHO... something or more likely someone got to Ted.  I question what is truly going on ... the timing for one seems a bit odd to me.  I would have thought if he were going to announce he was going to vote for him, he would have done so closer to the election instead of a month out and certainly, I would think he would have waited till after the first debate. IMHO Ted has made a huge mistake ... there is a strong possibility that Donny could make a total asz out of himself during the debate and even more likely that he will display his lack of knowledge on the issues, government and the Constitution.

On the other hand Since Cruz has fought several Supreme Court battles (Heller v. DC etc.) and won, I think Scalia's vacancy may have weighed heavily on him and the fact that at least one other additional justice will probably be appointed.  Cruz stated; "We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices 'in the mold of Scalia'".

Cruz unfortunately, is taking him at his word.

..."Cruz also praised Trump for releasing an updated list of potential Supreme Court nominees that includes Sen. Mike Lee. Cruz said he had sought "greater specificity on this issue, and today the Trump campaign provided that."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/23/cruz-says-will-vote-for-trump.html

I'm skeptical of Trump's claim he will appoint justices in the "mold of Scalia."  That's alot of blind faith his backers have pinned their hopes on.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fantom

« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2016, 01:31:34 am »
Let's take a hand count.

So you are saying you do not want the votes you mock?

Understand... Ted did not endorse trump.  He merely acknowledged that Scamwow has  learned to sit and beg the Conservative vote, as such trump is a less vile option than Hillary.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:35:25 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2016, 01:32:21 am »
Let's take a hand count.

oh HELL no. I want to be here front and center to watch the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the useful idiots get frogmarched to the wall.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:30 am »
oh HELL no. I want to be here front and center to watch the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the useful idiots get frogmarched to the wall.

+1.  No use for people to have those guns because of the 2nd and then run away crying like little bitches
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2016, 01:41:43 am »
I'm skeptical of Trump's claim he will appoint justices in the "mold of Scalia."  That's alot of blind faith his backers have pinned their hopes on.

Without a doubt and I am sure that is why Cruz was certain to point it out...remember also, that it is the Senate that votes to approve the justice appointment.  Cruz I am confident will do his best to hold his feet to the fire. 

Really, everything hinges on IF the GOP can keep the majority in the Senate. If they keep the majority there is a chance that we will at least get a moderate justice(s).  If they lose the majority ... it's curtains; it doesn't matter if Trump keeps his word or not ... a majority liberal Senate can make it extremely difficult for him and if Hillary makes it in ... a GOP majority can hopefully get her to place a moderate justice while a DEM majority will give us a liberal progressive justice.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:42:08 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:14 am »
I won't lift a finger to help, but I will be watching to see Trump stab them in the back.  That is inevitable.   I may not be able to resist an "I told you so."  But it won't make me happy.

Oh I FULLY plan on helping. When the BLM types come looking and the Brownshirts start marching I'll be pointing them to the very people they are interested in talking to. Because

A: it gives me time to get my family to safety as WE won't have empowered them and...

B: they already said across the net that I and those like me should be shot for Treason.

So I will be very happy to let them get their desired outcome. Fascism.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:36 am »
Husband: Hi, honey. I'm home.

Wife: What did you do today, babe?

Husband: Endorsed the guy who called you ugly

If you think she was unaware that he was planning to do this, you're crazy.  She might have even encouraged him to do this...we don't know, and it's wrong to assume.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2016, 01:47:11 am »
So you are saying you do not want the votes you mock?

Understand... Ted did not endorse trump.  He merely acknowledged that Scamwow has  learned to sit and beg the Conservative vote, as such trump is a less vile option than Hillary.

A vote for someone is an endorsement. Period. Any disavowal is mealy-mouthed crap.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2016, 01:49:14 am »
I'm personally betting that Ted Cruz sacrificed for the greater good and I'm betting the GOP threatened to let Obama give the internet away if Cruz didn't support Trump. We already know what kind of bottom feeding scum they are from McConnell lying to the American people about Obamacare.

In the end, Trump will lose anyway but Ted Cruz won't get the blame for it.

@Cripplecreek

CC, you may be right.  I'd like to think you are.  But I'm just done. 

They better enjoy the celebrating, though, because it's going to be fleeting.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2016, 01:50:09 am »
A vote for someone is an endorsement. Period. Any disavowal is mealy-mouthed crap.

And thats the one truth they will never be able to avoid, rewrite or make go away.