Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128269 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2016, 11:14:29 pm »
Both you and *cold one* need to knock it off....or you can both go back to FR where you continue to insult TBR.

Very diplomatic, I would have ran their sorry behinds off long ago, their intention is clear, either destroy this site or make it a echo chamber of TOS.
The ignore button makes it easier to get by here and their presence at TOS make visiting there even less appealing.

I would seriously consider, if you are not going to kick them,  allowing them to only post in their safe space. The are not adult enough to have serious  Conservative discussions and need to sit at the kids table IMO...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2016, 11:14:56 pm »
Not strange at all. liberals just took their masks off.

Personally I think there is a lot more than meets the eye about this "endorsement".

Just this morning I noticed a lot of Trump supporters started praising Ted Cruz for being a fierce fighter to save the internet from Obama's giveaway. I'll just about guarantee the GOPe was threatening to let it happen if Cruz didn't say he was voting for Trump. If so, we'll find out about it in coming days or weeks.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »
LOL!  And, of course Cruz and the Trumpkins believe him.  The ink wasn't dry on the list and Mike Lee told Trump to stuff it.

There was no "price" to Cruz' endorsement.  He only cares about his own political hide.

When a man is in the process of throwing away his dignity, even his wife and father are not safe.

There's never been a more pro-life Republican on the ticket than Mike Pence,

I'll vote for life.

Trump's been in the public eye for 40 years, they've got nothing on him, he's 70 now, he's a patriot, if you talk about how dangerous people are, the last Republican president gutted the party, helped destabilize a region where Christians are persecuted.

That's all scaremongering what you are saying, they said the same about JFK, Reagan and Goldwater.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2016, 11:16:09 pm »
Yup.  They keep makin' offers they think we cannot refuse… and get bent out of shape when we do.

So now the threats are going to get hot and heavy because they think they just scored a huge wave of Conservatives to join their mob.

As I said elsewhere - we've seen this kind of mobbish nationalism before.  1934 Germany to be precise.

Because it's what my OPA keeps telling me happened in the old country when he was in his teens.  He says it's the same damn thing. I'll take the word from someone who lived it over what some pointy-headed intellectual keeps attempting to deflect and assure that is not the case.

Just take solace in knowing your history Invar. The fate of all useful idiots awaits them. We can take pleasure in watching it happen if nothing else.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2016, 11:16:11 pm »
I'm actually surprised all of the people cheering the endorsement of the multiple adulterer, zodiac killer, son of JFK assassin, Goldman Sachs moneyman..

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2016, 11:16:48 pm »
No, you have other options. you just won't exercize them.

Yes. Instead of running from the bear...or fighting back against it...Norm would have you curl up in a ball and wait to be eaten. But at least, following Norm's guidance, it won't be your responsibility or your fault.

And, so the analogy is clear to NT'rs....as they often struggle with such complexities...curling up in a ball is equivalent to voting 3rd party, or not voting.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2016, 11:17:11 pm »
Personally I think there is a lot more than meets the eye about this "endorsement".

Just this morning I noticed a lot of Trump supporters started praising Ted Cruz for being a fierce fighter to save the internet from Obama's giveaway. I'll just about guarantee the GOPe was threatening to let it happen if Cruz didn't say he was voting for Trump. If so, we'll find out about it in coming days or weeks.

Im sure there is. 100% None of it matters. He sold out.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2016, 11:17:31 pm »
I don't support him, and he might even be a mental patient, but right now I'd still pick him over the even worse option. Unfortunately that's the options I have.

Actually, it's not.  Vote for neither.  I'm voting for McMullin now that write-ins will count in Texas.  That hurts both of the front-runners.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2016, 11:18:59 pm »
I'm actually surprised all of the people cheering the endorsement of the multiple adulterer, zodiac killer, son of JFK assassin, Goldman Sachs moneyman..

Why be surprised...we're just being good, forgiving, Christians.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:35 pm »
Ted's Southern Baptist, wow,  I thought I read something about forgiveness. This criticism is unhinged; so he made one decision folks don't like.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2016, 11:19:35 pm »
Yes. Instead of running from the bear...or fighting back against it...Norm would have you curl up in a ball and wait to be eaten. But at least, following Norm's guidance, it won't be your responsibility or your fault.

And, so the analogy is clear to NT'rs....as they often struggle with such complexities...curling up in a ball is equivalent to voting 3rd party, or not voting.

i prefer my fantasy worlds in VR. You seem to like broadcasting yours in online forums. Good for you. we all need a hobby.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »
There's never been a more pro-life Republican on the ticket than Mike Pence,

I'll vote for life.

Trump's been in the public eye for 40 years, they've got nothing on him, he's 70 now, he's a patriot, if you talk about how dangerous people are, the last Republican president gutted the party, helped destabilize a region where Christians are persecuted.

That's all scaremongering what you are saying, they said the same about JFK, Reagan and Goldwater.

More gibberish. More Bush hating. More bullshit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2016, 11:23:32 pm »
Norm, get a grip. Times change.

Times change. Principle doesn't.

You get a grip. Mine is pretty solid.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »
i prefer my fantasy worlds in VR. You seem to like broadcasting yours in online forums. Good for you. we all need a hobby.

Glad you approve. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2016, 11:24:44 pm »
Ted's Southern Baptist, wow,  I thought I read something about forgiveness. This criticism is unhinged; so he made one decision folks don't like.
correction: he's a dominionist.

I learned that from you guys.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »
Now that I've gotten the preliminary I told you so's out of the way on the other thread, I'd like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Senator Cruz for getting over his hurt and for coming to his senses. He must've used that extra strength Preparation-H I sent him.
Wow, your just as likable as your Lord Orange Julius. Cruz can do as he wishes, as for me, I will never vote for the Orange one, and don't believe that he will do one damn thing that he has promised and not already reneged on. I see him as the Arnold Schwarzenegger of 2016, he talks like a Republican but inside he's 100% demonrat!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2016, 11:26:08 pm »

And spare us the vague internet tough guy threats. You're being ridiculous. Nobody is "coming for you" so you can come up out of your bunker...though your paranoia is quite revealing.

Hillary's people have not threatened to kill me because I will not vote for her.  Your fellow Trump militant fanatics have on various social media.  In short, I view the Trump mob and Trump himself a more direct clear and present danger to my liberty than Hillary and her commie-hordes.

I take every threat I hear seriously. Only a clueless moron would ignore them.

Clear it up any for you?

Unfortunately, you're stuck with the responsibility of your choices whether you like that or not. Hillary wins...that's all you, baby.

What do you intend to do about it? 

I'm choosing Castle for the top spot.  You want to make something of that?

Or will you just continue to fling invective and claim we're Hillary supporters because we're casting a vote for Darrell Castle?

Put please, continue to illustrate yourselves as disdaining of our personal liberty as much if not moreso than the Liberal Marxists do.

I'll vote for whom I damn well please, and as for 'responsibility of my choice' - I'm perfectly fine and good with it. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2016, 11:27:55 pm »
Glad you approve. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thats whats left of your conscience looking for an escape route. Or just gas. Probably gas.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2016, 11:28:03 pm »
Setting aside the childish need to call others "pretend" conservatives...a demonstrably false assertion...we are ALL responsible for what we do and do not do in this election. In that sense, you are right.

As for your assignment of responsibility to Trump voters....fair enough...as long as you acknowledge that a Hillary win's consequences are YOURS and yours alone in the same sense...not belonging to the rest of us who DID support the GOP nominee. In this kind of election, no choice gets to escape responsibility...and that applies to inaction and 3rd party voting as much as to active participation. You don't get to pull a Pontius Pilate because you "leave it others" to carry out the sentence.

Cheers! :martini:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2016, 11:29:17 pm »
correction: he's a dominionist.

I learned that from you guys.

Shame on you Commrade! SHAME!!!

THAT IS NOT ZE CURRENT TRUTH!!!!!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2016, 11:31:40 pm »

Horseshiite again.

We're choosing weapons and tactics that you do not approve of to fight 'the bear'.  Your weapons are known failures and probable failures in the face of a bear - but you keep insisting otherwise.

It's not in your prescribed manual of 'How To Survive In Politics' - but it's what will keep us alive with our liberty intact a hell of a lot longer than you.

Well go ahead, go face the bear with a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat and see how well that works out for you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2016, 11:34:47 pm »
Grace? Excuse me? Where were you while packs of Cruz supporters and assorted #NeverTrumpers ganged up on and ravaged with streams of vile insults the handful of Trump supporters here?

No no no, this doesn't just end with the cult leader Cruz endorsing Trump. No, it's not that easy. It doesn't just stop with that.

The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that.

Well you DO support an amoral game show host, and a lot of us who are students of history think he's a proto-fascist.   No,  you don't want reconciliation and neither do I.   I appreciate the dilemma Cruz finds himself in,  and we all know how awful Clinton is going to be.   

But Trump's a cancer,  and I want him cut out.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:35:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline unknown

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2016, 11:34:58 pm »

Well go ahead, go face the bear with a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat and see how well that works out for you.

Hey, great idea!!

Lets Do It!

:thumbsup2:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2016, 11:36:20 pm »
Yeah that's the ticket...Cruz waited until he was sure Trump was gonna lose before endorsing him.

Yeah, I think it's the opposite. I think he sees that the little tinpot might win, and dissidents don't flourish under fascism.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »
Hillary's people have not threatened to kill me because I will not vote for her.  Your fellow Trump militant fanatics have on various social media.  In short, I view the Trump mob and Trump himself a more direct clear and present danger to my liberty than Hillary and her commie-hordes. Spare me, there's a million idiots (OK...millions) on the internet and they are reflected in the supporters of every candidate...I've been threatened many times by such morons, but I don't let fear of dimwits impact my daily life.

I take every threat I hear seriously. Only a clueless moron would ignore them. Or a disturbingly paranoid person.

Clear it up any for you? No, clear as mud...with a hint of psychotic mixed in.

What do you intend to do about it?  I don't know...wanna arm wrestle?

I'm choosing Castle for the top spot.  You want to make something of that? Yes, how's about we make a quilt together?

Or will you just continue to fling invective and claim we're Hillary supporters because we're casting a vote for Darrell Castle? I've never claimed you are a Hillary supporter, rather, I've claimed that you responsible if Hillary wins because you are not supporting the ONLY individual on the planet who can stop her. Very different from saying you're a Hillary supporter.

Put please, continue to illustrate yourselves as disdaining of our personal liberty as much if not moreso than the Liberal Marxists do. Again, have all the liberty you want. But liberty is not freedom from responsibility...on the contrary, it brings greater responsibility. If you knew that, things would become much clearer to you.

I'll vote for whom I damn well please, and as for 'responsibility of my choice' - I'm perfectly fine and good with it. Why build so many strawmen? No one has suggested you can't vote as you wish...what's questioned is the wisdom of voting as you are. I know you like to feel as if you are in a bunker, besieged by hordes of commies and Alinsky-ites...but its not your "rights" that are in question, but your intellect.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:39:12 pm by Mesaclone »