Author Topic: Kasich slams back at Priebus  (Read 5447 times)

Offline sinkspur

Kasich slams back at Priebus
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:43:46 am »
Kasich slams back at Priebus

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Kasich slams back at Priebus
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:44:44 am »
Good luck with that Ohio GOTV, Jackass.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:45:12 am by sinkspur »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 12:46:59 am »
Kenosha political operative pretty much sums up Wrench Pubic. He is one of the worst GOP heads I can remember.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:06:55 am »
Preibus doesn't sound very confident.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 02:15:42 am »
Preibus doesn't sound very confident.

The guy is  a dead man walking.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 02:20:34 am »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 02:51:01 am »
The guy is  a dead man walking.
@Wingnut

John Kasich is a Christian man with solid rock principles who gave us the last national balanced budget in this country.  I felt really sad when he left the US House.  After he left, the budget went in the hole and now debt is in the many trillions - 17 or more - I lose count.

Priebus will stand for reelection in January.  He needs to be replaced but if Trump is president, Trump will try to get his own hand picked man in there, so it will still be Priebus or Trump's choice.  The Republican National Committee which is one elected woman and man from each state, plus some others thrown in, will make that choice.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 03:05:00 am »
@Wingnut

John Kasich is a Christian man with solid rock principles who gave us the last national balanced budget in this country.  I felt really sad when he left the US House.  After he left, the budget went in the hole and now debt is in the many trillions - 17 or more - I lose count.

Priebus will stand for reelection in January.  He needs to be replaced but if Trump is president, Trump will try to get his own hand picked man in there, so it will still be Priebus or Trump's choice.  The Republican National Committee which is one elected woman and man from each state, plus some others thrown in, will make that choice.

Kasich is a wacko fraud who embraces big govt' programs like Obamacare because "Jesus told him to".

As for the balanced budget fraud of 1998, it didn't happen from anything Kasich did. It was a result of previous tax increases and some spending cuts that just happened to hit their peak in that year. The politicians saw this and claimed they did it with that budget......and still we ran a deficit for that year and so on.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 03:08:23 am »
@Wingnut

At this point Victoria,  I really don't give a shit.  Rancid Prius needs to go. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 03:15:05 am »
At this point Victoria,  I really don't give a shit.  Rancid Prius needs to go.

Wrench Pubic makes Micheal Steele look like competent leadership.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 08:08:12 am »

Rence, last I looked the orange bufoon is still hovering at about 80% with GOP base, when the historical low was 89%.

Good luck with that.  We that 9% supporting down-ticket formally wishes that you and Trump both go F yourself.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:08:39 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 10:23:14 am »
Not a fan of Kasich, but kudos to him for telling Reince to shove it.    The party picked a candidate who turned off many in their base, so now the party is looking for scapegoats to blame should Trump and other down ticket Republicans lose in November.  All of those who have been maligned by the party for not supporting Trump should tell Reince and the rest of the party bums to "pucker up."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 11:53:19 am »
Not a fan of Kasich, but kudos to him for telling Reince to shove it.    The party picked a candidate who turned off many in their base, so now the party is looking for scapegoats to blame should Trump and other down ticket Republicans lose in November.  All of those who have been maligned by the party for not supporting Trump should tell Reince and the rest of the party bums to "pucker up."

The "party" didn't pick Trump - primary voters did.  Does everyone forget all the stuff leaking from the RNC early on about how they didn't want Trump?

It's not the job of the RNC to pick a nominee and shove him down our throats.  The truth is Trump won the nomination under the rules that existed at the time people voted.  Most of us aren't happy with who was chosen, but he got a lot more votes than anyone else.  That's just reality.

Kasic should look in the mirror - he hung in the race long after it was clear he had no chance, and prevented consolidation of the non-Trump vote.  Now, he's butthurt that the logical consequence of his action has come to fruition.

Screw him.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:54:03 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »
Voters picked with erroneous information and stirred up emotion based on lies.  Trump lies.

I didn't want to encourage more words from a poster who obviously loves his own but I was struck by the hypocrisy of the post.

Lots of attention paid to the 38% of voters who chose Trump and the will of the voters only to turn around and say Kasich needs to shut up when he speaks against Preibus directly threatening the will of those very voters.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 12:29:55 pm »
Exactly.  And thank you for reminding me.  In all cases where primary voters had a choice, the majority didn't pick Trump.

Preibus is threatening to harm potential candidates in the future in spite of the will of the voters.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 12:34:44 pm »
@Wingnut

John Kasich is a Christian man with solid rock principles who gave us the last national balanced budget in this country. 

I admire John Kasich as I do few in public service nowadays.   One of the last great Reaganites; he makes me proud to say that I am a Republican and a conservative.

Of course,  what makes a "conservative" now is a bit different than it was in my day.   Dinosaurs like Kasich and me aren't listened to anymore.   There are no deficit hawks left in positions of influence - Trump is going to blow a hole in the budget as wide and deep as any Clinton will.   I'm sticking with the GOP through this election, but if the party is to be run going forward by lickspittles like Reince Preibus,  then I will be done with it.         

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:37:32 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »

Kasic should look in the mirror - he hung in the race long after it was clear he had no chance, and prevented consolidation of the non-Trump vote.  Now, he's butthurt that the logical consequence of his action has come to fruition.

Screw him.

Screw that sentiment.  If Reaganism is to be purged from the party,  then kiss my arse goodbye.   Show some damn conviction and vote to defeat Trump.    So many Republicans, out of fear, are going to sell their souls to the devil himself.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 01:04:08 pm »
Look at his record.  Kasich is a liberal.  Reagan was a conservative.  There are MANY issues on which they differ.

Well, yes he was, but Reagan raised taxes three times in his presidency.  He granted amnesty, increased government spending, and was the father of the EITC, which are direct payments to people who pay no taxes.

So let's keep Reagan in perspective.  Kasich has cut taxes and streamlined Ohio government.   And he has historically high approval ratings for an Ohio governor.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 01:14:40 pm »
@Jazzhead @sinkspur

Whether Kasich is conservative or liberal is irrelevant. He's quite simply correct and the truth at the core of his argument would be correct whether spoken by Donald Trump or Michael Moore.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »
The "party" didn't pick Trump - primary voters did.  Does everyone forget all the stuff leaking from the RNC early on about how they didn't want Trump?

It's not the job of the RNC to pick a nominee and shove him down our throats.  The truth is Trump won the nomination under the rules that existed at the time people voted.  Most of us aren't happy with who was chosen, but he got a lot more votes than anyone else.  That's just reality.

Screw him.

What I meant was, the party at the convention had opportunities to prevent Trimp's nomination, but whether it was due to coercion or compensation from the Trump campaign, the party allowed Trump to be nominated.

I'm really tired of the trivialization of those who refuse to support Trump, whether they be prominent Republicans, or ordinary shlubs like me.  It's not buthurt or being a sore loser or whatever you want to call it.  It's called sticking to principles.  I for one will not be cowed into voting for Trump, and I applaud John Kasich, Ted Cruz and others for sticking to their principles.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:57 pm »
@Wingnut

John Kasich is a Christian man with solid rock principles who gave us the last national balanced budget in this country.

Kasich was four years old last time we had a balanced (surplus) budget,
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 01:32:24 pm »
@Jazzhead @sinkspur

Whether Kasich is conservative or liberal is irrelevant. He's quite simply correct and the truth at the core of his argument would be correct whether spoken by Donald Trump or Michael Moore.

:thumbsup3:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
So let's keep Reagan in perspective.  Kasich has cut taxes and streamlined Ohio government.   And he has historically high approval ratings for an Ohio governor.

Yes, Ohio was in debt when he became governor and now they have a surplus.
A very conservative family member lives in Ohio and he knows Kasich got Ohio out of the dumper.  He is pleased to have him as governor due to his policies and the character of the man, including Kasich being a Christian.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »
What I meant was, the party at the convention had opportunities to prevent Trimp's nomination, but whether it was due to coercion or compensation from the Trump campaign, the party allowed Trump to be nominated.

I'm really tired of the trivialization of those who refuse to support Trump, whether they be prominent Republicans, or ordinary shlubs like me.  It's not buthurt or being a sore loser or whatever you want to call it.  It's called sticking to principles.  I for one will not be cowed into voting for Trump, and I applaud John Kasich, Ted Cruz and others for sticking to their principles.

I didn't want him either, but trying to change the rules after the primaries were concluded just to deny him the nomination would have been a travesty.   We shouldn't shift to an oligarchy just because it gives us a result we like in one particular instance.

I have a lot of respect for people like Perry and Walker who bowed out early to help consolidate the anti-Trump support.  I have no respect for people like Jeb -- who focused more on trying to destroy Rubio than anything else, and Kasich - who hung on just long enough to ensure that anti-Trump voters wouldn't consolidate.

The guiding principle for Jeb! and Kasich in this primary was doing whatever was best for Jeb and Kasich.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:00:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 03:53:02 pm »
Screw that sentiment.  If Reaganism is to be purged from the party,  then kiss my arse goodbye.   Show some damn conviction and vote to defeat Trump.    So many Republicans, out of fear, are going to sell their souls to the devil himself.
You do realize that voters have only two real choices, tRump or hitlery?
"Vote to defeat Trump" has long past during Primaries unless you sincerely want hitlery as POTUS.

Trust tRump? Hell No, but he'll be a shoe-in for impeachment if and when he goes off track. Within 6 months 100% of the Congress will be up to here with Orange BS. Whereas hitlery's Yeller Dog Dems will defend dem to the death.