Author Topic: Kasich slams back at Priebus  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Kasich slams back at Priebus
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 04:09:21 pm »
Screw that sentiment.  If Reaganism is to be purged from the party,  then kiss my arse goodbye.

Kasich's my governor, and any resemblance between he and Reaganism was purged a long time ago.  If Kasich tried implementing his version of "what will I tell Jesus if I don't support more social programs" now, without a peace dividend and a 1990's booming economy, the result would be disaster.

I wish we'd have had Reagan running in the primary, but we didn't.  And to the extent we might have had a Reagan-ish candidate, we were all fractured over exactly who that was.  I generally preferred Rubio, others preferred Cruz, and still others preferred Kasich/Bush.  And for the most part, those candidates couldn't stand each other, and their supporters bickered constantly in reflection of that.  That's just the way it turned out.  No "big issue", no melodramatic confrontation, just a whole bunch of infighting among non-Trumpists that allowed the Trumpists to have a plurality.

That's what happened.  I don't like it, you don't like it, but that's where we are.  And to the extent you think that constitutes purging the party of "Reaganism", I'd suggest that only happens if all the people who support Reaganism flee the party in a huff.  If you don't want to vote for Trump, fine.  Don't.

So many Republicans, out of fear, are going to sell their souls to the devil himself.

Or herself.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 04:21:35 pm »
Kasich's my governor, and any resemblance between he and Reaganism was purged a long time ago.  If Kasich tried implementing his version of "what will I tell Jesus if I don't support more social programs" now, without a peace dividend and a 1990's booming economy, the result would be disaster.

I wish we'd have had Reagan running in the primary, but we didn't.  And to the extent we might have had a Reagan-ish candidate, we were all fractured over exactly who that was.  I generally preferred Rubio, others preferred Cruz, and still others preferred Kasich/Bush.  And for the most part, those candidates couldn't stand each other, and their supporters bickered constantly in reflection of that.  That's just the way it turned out.  No "big issue", no melodramatic confrontation, just a whole bunch of infighting among non-Trumpists that allowed the Trumpists to have a plurality.

That's what happened.  I don't like it, you don't like it, but that's where we are.  And to the extent you think that constitutes purging the party of "Reaganism", I'd suggest that only happens if all the people who support Reaganism flee the party in a huff.  If you don't want to vote for Trump, fine.  Don't.

Or herself.

I dont remember a lot of bickering between supporters for Rubio, Kasich, Cruz or Carson.   There was some but not to the extent of which you speak.  There was a lot toward Trump at first.  Once he picked up steam the bickering seemed to be against whoever was in the front. 

Its my guess that Trumps paid trolls orchestrated this and people fell in line.  Once it was him and Cruz the attacks became much more vicious and coordinated.  Look to articles on Drudge and National Enquirer and you'll see coordination of the topics for attack.

Trump is a master of manipulation and he has his friends in the press on his side pushing his propaganda.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »
Trust tRump? Hell No, but he'll be a shoe-in for impeachment if and when he goes off track. Within 6 months 100% of the Congress will be up to here with Orange BS. Whereas hitlery's Yeller Dog Dems will defend dem to the death.

100% agree.  Too many people here seem to have forgotten that Priebus, etc., couldn't stand Trump.  But then they were faced with the possibility that he'd split the party, which would have guaranteed a loss.
Priebus wasn't chosen to be Chair of the RNC to be the Kingmaker.  His job was to manage the primary process and let the voters choose the nominee.  I give the guy credit for putting his own feelings aside and respecting what the voters did, even if I would have preferred the voters chosen differently.

But that underlying mistrust/animosity towards Trump is still there, bubbling below the service with members of Congress, etc..  And I completely agree that if he gets out of line, they will join with Dems in a heartbeat to boot his butt out, and replace him with Pence.  He has no institutional support within the Party at all.

That's a check on Trump that doesn't exist with Hillary because you are absolutely right -- the Democrat Party will defend her to the absolute death.  And likely beyond.  Because there is no way in hell that the Democrat party, as an organization, would ever remove the first woman President.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 04:39:14 pm »
I dont remember a lot of bickering between supporters for Rubio, Kasich, Cruz or Carson.

I was on TOS then, but Cruz supporters (and the entire site overall) was actually pretty hostile to Rubio over the Gang of Eight.  Kasich supported that as well, and was even firther to the left.  And Cruz and Rubio went after each other very hard for weeks, until right near the end.  You also omitted Bush, whose sole focus seemed to be destroying Rubio.

Its my guess that Trumps paid trolls orchestrated this and people fell in line.

Again, I recall a ton of rather vicious opposition to anyone who wasn't deemed tough enough on the issue of immigration.

Trump is a master of manipulation and he has his friends in the press on his side pushing his propaganda.

I'd agree that he's good at manipulating the media, but for the most part, they didn't like him at all.  He was just very good at going over their heads and appealing to his core supporters directly.  A major problem for the anti-Trump movement was that for the first half of the campaign, Trump and Cruz were allied in destroying anyone who wasn't deemed sufficiently strong on immigration.  That crippled a bunch of candidates.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
The "party" didn't pick Trump - primary voters did.  Does everyone forget all the stuff leaking from the RNC early on about how they didn't want Trump?

It's not the job of the RNC to pick a nominee and shove him down our throats.  The truth is Trump won the nomination under the rules that existed at the time people voted.  Most of us aren't happy with who was chosen, but he got a lot more votes than anyone else.  That's just reality.

Kasic should look in the mirror - he hung in the race long after it was clear he had no chance, and prevented consolidation of the non-Trump vote.  Now, he's butthurt that the logical consequence of his action has come to fruition.

Screw him.

Exactly.  He IS also one that bolstered Trump.  Screw him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 06:04:43 pm »
Exactly.  He IS also one that bolstered Trump.  Screw him!

Kasich didn't "bolster Trump".   He is and remains a man of principle,  one of the few with clean hands this campaign.

I wish that the "conservatives" now willing to hold their noses and vote for Trump would regain the spine that good men like Kasich never lost.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »

I wish that the "conservatives" now willing to hold their noses and vote for Trump would regain the spine that good men like Kasich never lost.

I think Kasich has a spine.  It's what he ended up standing for that's the problem.  He apparently did not grasp the distinction in Christianity between private charity, and government-mandated social welfare programs.  To salve his own conscience, he equated the latter with the former.  That's a road that leads to pure leftism.

I honestly think he'd have moved this country even further to the left than Trump would, and that's saying something.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 06:14:31 pm »
Not a fan of Kasich, but kudos to him for telling Reince to shove it.    The party picked a candidate who turned off many in their base, so now the party is looking for scapegoats to blame should Trump and other down ticket Republicans lose in November.  All of those who have been maligned by the party for not supporting Trump should tell Reince and the rest of the party bums to "pucker up."

Yes, same here.  Not a fan, but I'm glad he told Priebus where to put it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »
Kasich did bolster Trump by staying in the race in order to block Cruz.  IMO he did it at the request of the GOPe.  So this hit against him is very interesting.  Don't get me wrong, Preebus is wrong and Kasich right in this instance.  But I predict an even bigger war will break out in the Republican Party soon because even the factions are backstabbing their own.

Kasich is a BIG TIME liberal who manipulates by using Christian words.  I have no respect for him at all.

Whether Kasich is a liberal or not  - IMO like Kemp he was a Reaganite when that was a hot commodity but GOPe, with a capital G, as soon as Reagan left - there is just no other explanation for him staying in the race as long as he did.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:02:47 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
He is a social and fiscal liberal. 

Kasich is a true Reagan Republican and movement conservative.   He's one of the last of a dying breed - deficit hawks have few allies these days -  but he sure doesn't deserve your slander that he's a "liberal".    Your obsession with trashing this good man has caused me to lose respect for you. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
You do realize that voters have only two real choices, tRump or hitlery?
"Vote to defeat Trump" has long past during Primaries unless you sincerely want hitlery as POTUS.

Trust tRump? Hell No, but he'll be a shoe-in for impeachment if and when he goes off track. Within 6 months 100% of the Congress will be up to here with Orange BS. Whereas hitlery's Yeller Dog Dems will defend dem to the death.

Not worth the risk.  And I don't believe that Congress would act.

For one, the Democrats would *LOVE* for the Republicans to be so tarred with Trump that it generates a wave election to kick every Republican out of office.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 07:54:20 pm »
You're obsessed, RAT Patrol, about slandering a man who dropped out of the race months ago.  Because of that obsession, I've lost respect for you.   Of course, I'm sure you could care less what I think of you.

Honorable conservatives like Kasich are the reason I'm still a Republican.   If he's purged, then I'll follow him and won't look back.       

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »
I'm not obsessed.  You're obsessed with hiding the truth about him.  I posted an article by Daniel Horowitz.  Refute him. 

I cannot control what you think of me.  Your choice.  I still like you fine.  You have never been rude to me.  Even that statement, I get it.  You love Kasich and so are taking offense for him.  People do that.  I will not change the truth to fit whatever it is you desire.  I won't.  I would rather be friends but if not, so be it. 

No I do not think Kasich should be purged.  If the voters of Ohio want him, they should have him.  I do not live in Ohio.  So....go for it.  I do not want Kasich ever to be my President or to represent me in any way, shape of form.

In this instance, I side with Kasich over Priebus.  I have said that over and over.  I will not pretend Kasich is a conservative.  He is not.  See the Daniel Horwitz case against him.

@RAT Patrol @Jazzhead

I lost respect for Kasich when I found out he was taking money from Soros.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 08:18:17 pm »
@RAT Patrol @Jazzhead

I lost respect for Kasich when I found out he was taking money from Soros.

Except it's not true  

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 08:44:11 pm »
Except it's not true

Except I dont buy it.  Reports show he took money from Soros.

Regardless he had no way of winning but he stayed in.  Only dropping out immediately after Cruz.   Proving that at that point he was only a spoiler to take votes away from Cruz.

Like him if you want.   He's not a conservative and I'm quite glad he will never be President.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:01 pm »
I do not know about the Soros money one way or the other.  I agree 100% with everything else you said.  Thank you.

There were a number of reports on the Soros money when it happened.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 09:13:34 pm »
Yes, Ohio was in debt when he became governor and now they have a surplus.
A very conservative family member lives in Ohio and he knows Kasich got Ohio out of the dumper.  He is pleased to have him as governor due to his policies and the character of the man, including Kasich being a Christian.

@Victoria33

Many, many MANY Conservatives in Ohio feel the same way.

Ohio was a fiscal disaster when he took office.  We are now out of debt and thriving.

That's because of Kasich.  And that's why his approval numbers here are through the roof.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »
@Victoria33

Many, many MANY Conservatives in Ohio feel the same way.

Ohio was a fiscal disaster when he took office.  We are now out of debt and thriving.

That's because of Kasich.  And that's why his approval numbers here are through the roof.

As a Cruz supporter I was really surprised to see Cruz beat Kasich here in Michigan. Kasich has a lot of powerful friends in Michigan.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »
I do not know about the Soros money one way or the other.  I agree 100% with everything else you said.  Thank you.

REVISION:  It looks like the Soros money is a matter of interpretation.  Technically, no.  But there is a loose association.  http://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/soros-not-funding-kasich-pac/  My reasons for being against Kasich are pretty well spelled out by Daniel Horowitz.  What is true or not true about the Soros money would not change my mind.

I didn't believe the Soros connection until he dropped out.   Considering Trump's campaign finance manager also has Soros connections it was good enough for me.   Regardless he is no conservative and is someone who should be drummed out of the Republican party.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 10:37:29 pm »
I didn't believe the Soros connection until he dropped out.   Considering Trump's campaign finance manager also has Soros connections it was good enough for me.   Regardless he is no conservative and is someone who should be drummed out of the Republican party.

Now that the party has made conservatives unwelcome, then Kasich, as a liberal, would have no need to leave the party.