Author Topic: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews  (Read 54389 times)

Offline sinkspur

Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews
« on: September 10, 2016, 03:39:47 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/09/alt-right-leaders-we-aren-t-racist-we-just-hate-jews.html

Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews

The racist, anti-semitic, white power group called the ‘alt-right’ has been mainstreamed thanks to Breitbart and the Trump campaign. And they are loving the attention.

BETSY WOODRUFF

09.09.16 7:25 PM ET

Bad news, Jews: You don’t get to be part of Richard Spencer’s white ethno-state.

In a windowless room in a swanky hotel half a block from the White House on Friday afternoon, three of the most visible leaders of the alt-right movement held a two-hour press conference to discuss their affection for Donald Trump and their hopes for a white homeland. The white supremacist alt-right movement has grown over the last eight years or so, incubated in racist forums like StormFront and meme-loving corners of the internet like 4chan and 8chan. Its members generally share a disdain for political correctness, feminism, zionism, Jews in general, immigration (especially Hispanic and Muslim immigration), and anyone who criticizes them for holding these views.

And the alt-right won substantial mainstream media attention when Hillary Clinton gave a speech last month excoriating Donald Trump for some of his staffers’ ties to it. Clinton’s team zeroed in on the campaign’s new CEO, Steve Bannon, who formerly helmed a website that he himself once described as “the platform for the Alt-Right.” And prominent alt-right figures, including two of the men who helmed Friday’s press conference, told The Daily Beast last month that they were delighted Trump hired him.

Many reporters have been hesitant to give the alt-right much media attention. But since Clinton made their existence part of her anti-Trump campaign pitch, there’s significant public interest in who they are and what they believe. And they’re loving it.

The three alt-right leaders who gathered in D.C. this afternoon made two things very clear: They think white people are genetically predisposed to be more moral and intelligent than black people, and they do not want to share their envisioned utopian ethno-state with folks of the Jewish persuasion. There’s some disagreement in the alt-right on what they refer to as “the Jewish question.” But the big take-away was that Jews are suspicious.

Jared Taylor, who founded the white supremacist American Renaissance site, explained the alt-right as predicated entirely on the belief that some races are inherently superior to others—the movement, he said, is “in unanimity” in rejecting “the idea that the races are basically equivalent and interchangeable.” There are genetic differences in race that make some races more ethical and intelligent than others, he said. That’s what the alt right is all about.

“They also differ, as a matter of fact, in the patterns of the microbes that inhabit their mouths,” he said.

Thus, he continued, we shouldn’t expect black kids to do as well in school as white kids.

One more alt-right platform plank: that white people, as a group, have discrete interests that are different from other races, and that they should push for those interests. In practice, this means the alt-right thinks school integration was bad and apartheid was good. Later in the press conference, Taylor said he thinks white people are more moral and more intelligent than black people.

Despite all this, alt-right leaders bristle if you call them white supremacists.

“You could very effectively argue that East Asians are objectively superior to whites,” Taylor said. “Does that make us yellow supremacists? I don’t think so.”

White supremacists, alt-right leaders argue, think white people are the best race. The alt-right doesn’t necessarily think that, they say; instead, they say they just want white people to have their own homeland.

With no Jews.

Spencer in particular fixates on the homeland idea.

The alt-right needs to aspire to something, even if that dream won’t come true in his lifetime—and that means they should aim to build an ethno-state for just whites. And Spencer made it clear that white-only means Jews aren’t invited. They have their own identity, and it isn’t white-slash-European, and that’s that.

“Jews are Jews,” he said.

He added that his whites-only utopia would still have a good relationship with Israel.

These people (I hope) sound sad and racist and antisemitic and deeply confused to you. But they don’t sound that way to Breitbart, the right-wing news site to which Trump has given countless exclusives and from which he pulled his new campaign boss. The site has seen its traffic skyrocket over the course of the 2016 presidential campaign, rapidly gaining clout in the conservative movement and among Trump-loving voters. The site says it had 31 million visitors in July. And in March, it ran a piece describing Taylor, Spencer, and their ilk as “fearsomely intelligent,” and praising them for speaking truth to power or whatever.

So the alt-right—helmed by the trio who gathered at The Willard on Friday—is the most extreme example of a shift on the American right: away from a nostalgic conservative focus on restoring the values of the Founders, and towards a forward-focused nationalism that prioritizes drastic limits on immigration and open hostility to globalism. Trump isn’t a white nationalist.
But he speaks their language. And they dig it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:40:24 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:47:19 pm »
I don't know, Sinkspur.  While I have no doubt that this is a cudgel that the left will use on us conservatives, I'm still not convinced that a) the alt-right exists in any significant numbers and b) that they are as described by the Daily Beast.  I'll withhold deciding until there is more and more definitive information available.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »
I don't know, Sinkspur.  While I have no doubt that this is a cudgel that the left will use on us conservatives, I'm still not convinced that a) the alt-right exists in any significant numbers and b) that they are as described by the Daily Beast.  I'll withhold deciding until there is more and more definitive information available.

Thanks for the post. You get it.

Alt-right is this campaign's VRWC. It alludes to everyone not of the left and not just Trump supporters.

Groups like those named barely exist as compared to equally bigoted leftist groups so why are the fifth-columnist denizens of conservative forums so obsessively bringing them to the fore?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 04:15:19 pm »

Agree. It is liberal talking point.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 04:16:25 pm »

Alt-right is this campaign's VRWC. It alludes to everyone not of the left and not just Trump supporters.

Groups like those named barely exist as compared to equally bigoted leftist groups so why are the fifth-columnist denizens of conservative forums so obsessively bringing them to the fore?

Good question. Why, indeed?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 04:19:28 pm »

Trump could do himself a lot of good if he gave a speech denouncing these groups, by name.   Reagan did it, George HW Bush did it, GW Bush did it.

Blacks and women, who have been told he's racist, would be more inclined to give him a listen.

Why has he not done that?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »
Trump could do himself a lot of good if he gave a speech denouncing these groups, by name.   Reagan did it, George HW Bush did it, GW Bush did it.

Blacks and women, who have been told he's racist, would be more inclined to give him a listen.

Why has he not denounced a group that may or may not exist and may or may not be racist? 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »
Am I missing something? They are meeting with Trump- don't they know his daughter is Jewish?

Or did I mis read the article? Had a :blonde:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »

He hasn't done that because he's learned to not jump whenever someone jerks the chain. Jump once and the jerks will never stop.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 04:39:02 pm »
The Alt right movement is real and it is growing. We have numerous members here on our forum unabashedly posting using Alt right terminology. Trumpism has changed discerning conservatives into anything is all right as long as we win people.

I've seen some of that terminology here, but I saw it more as an effort to be relevant from the terminally hip.

If this is true and there are good sources for the charges, we do need to see them.  I'm not saying they don't exist - but (conservatives) having been tarred with the "racism" charge (from actual racists no less) for many years, I will remain skeptical until it's clear that my skepticism is misplaced.

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »
The Alt right movement is real and it is growing. We have numerous members here on our forum unabashedly posting using Alt right terminology. Trumpism has changed discerning conservatives into anything is all right as long as we win people.

Who are some of those members?

What is the terminology?

Offline Axel

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 04:42:45 pm »

When in doubt, racism.

We have numerous members here on our forum unabashedly posting using Alt right terminology.

Who are these numerous members and what have they posted? Specific examples please.

Trumpism has changed discerning conservatives into anything is all right as long as we win people.

Any proof or is this just a baseless assertion?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 05:30:46 pm »
What is the terminology?

I've seen cuck and zionist.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:33 pm »

He hasn't done that because he's learned to not jump whenever someone jerks the chain. Jump once and the jerks will never stop.

He's not done it because he needs their votes.  His silence is a dogwhistle to the alt-right.

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 08:27:53 pm »
Why has he not denounced a group that may or may not exist and may or may not be racist?

You've read the article, you know what they believe, and you know some of the sites.

And you still aren't sure if they are racist?

Why?

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 08:29:52 pm »

Not just the terminology, but articles from their sites.

Occidental Dissent
VDare

To name two off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:36:54 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 08:30:39 pm »
I've seen some of that terminology here, but I saw it more as an effort to be relevant from the terminally hip.

If this is true and there are good sources for the charges, we do need to see them.  I'm not saying they don't exist - but (conservatives) having been tarred with the "racism" charge (from actual racists no less) for many years, I will remain skeptical until it's clear that my skepticism is misplaced.

The only people that use that terminology are the 'alt-right'.  The 'terminally hip' do not.

HonestJohn

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »

Who are some of those members?

What is the terminology?

Really?

You missed all the times I keep posting about why people are using the term 'cuck', being that it's one of the 'alt-right's' favorite terms?

And is especially used by @HAPPY2BME. (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191258.0.html)

It's use, defended by: @Scottftlc, @katzenjammer, @Carling

And @Paladin has posted from VDare.  In fact, was so outraged that I pointed out that it was a white supremacist site that he/she left.  See: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,204428.0.html
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,209370.0.html

And another thread that can shed some light on the matter:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,197966.0.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:50:37 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 08:55:55 pm »
Really?

You missed all the times I keep posting about why people are using the term 'cuck', being that it's one of the 'alt-right's' favorite terms?

And is especially used by @HAPPY2BME. (http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191258.0.html)

It's use, defended by: @Scottftlc, @katzenjammer, @Carling

And @Paladin has posted from VDare.  In fact, was so outraged that I pointed out that it was a white supremacist site that he/she left.  See: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,204428.0.html
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,209370.0.html

And another thread that can shed some light on the matter:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,197966.0.html

Thanks for all the factual information and links, @HonestJohn .

I'm pretty sure we've all seen the terms being used (and not to be cool), and some of us find it to be abhorrent.

The fact that the left abuses the term "racist" doesn't mean that the real issue doesn't exist.

And the anti-Semitism from the hard "right" (I don't necessarily think of them as right), is as disturbing as anything I've seen........ especially on a rational forum like this one.

The hatred for the Jews is, IMO, demonic.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 08:57:51 pm »
From my view, Trump has come along and made all those false accusations from the left about the right true.  They didn't use to be true.  They are now.  At least in part and in too much prominence.   And for all those celebrating Trump's killing of the PC rules, watch out.  They will be back with a vengeance because of Trump.

What he has done is enabled a small, quiet minority to become a large, ugly mob.

I deplore what he has done to the reputation of Conservatism.  He has taken the ugly names given to us by the left and made them appear to be true.

(I still don't think these racist monsters have any conservatism in them......)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 09:05:50 pm »
Thanks for all the factual information and links, @HonestJohn .

I'm pretty sure we've all seen the terms being used (and not to be cool), and some of us find it to be abhorrent.

The fact that the left abuses the term "racist" doesn't mean that the real issue doesn't exist.

And the anti-Semitism from the hard "right" (I don't necessarily think of them as right), is as disturbing as anything I've seen........ especially on a rational forum like this one.

The hatred for the Jews is, IMO, demonic.

This isn't conservatism. 

The problem is that these freaks gravitate to the right because the left has all the people they hate.  So they have no alternative.

As a result, the right has to house-clean every decade to weed the vile scum out of the party.  Buckley did it in the late seventies and early eighties.

We, however, have not house-cleaned in the 90s or the 00s.  So all these 'people' have finally reached enough of a mass that they are now trying to take control of the party.  They aren't a large amount, but with both parties now so conditioned to vote the party without thinking, all it takes is a small number in the primaries to give the needed edge in a crowded field.  Once the primaries are over, the rest of the party (for the most part) will follow.

Hopefully, as there is about 15% of the party that actually thinks about their vote, instead of just 'knee-jerk' voting for their team... it will be enough to scuttle Trump's bid for President.

But if there is no serious house-cleaning in the party afterwards, then it will be taken over.  And there will be a political reorganization in America, with the Republicans becoming a white power party and the Democrats being the party of everyone else that cannot tolerate such a thing.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 09:16:05 pm »
Ben Shapiro has written about the alt-right.  He's quite familiar with them.

For some examples, just scroll down his twitter timeline.  You'll see Shapiro photoshopped into an oven with Trump pushing the "gas" button; theories on "hybrid races"; a poster of Jews with red stars of David drawn on it; and a Nazi-era cartoon Jew captioned "born to kvetch".  And that's since yesterday.

I keep up with Shapiro and I see it all the time.  It isn't an oddity or a rare occurrence.  @Cripplecreek has his own experiences with the alt-right, I believe.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/with_replies

Offline Longmire

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 09:35:07 pm »
I have been referred to on this forum 3 different times by 2 posters as Cuck

@cuky

Pretty sure the term used was cucky...and it sounds like it left a mark.   

As for that photo, don't project what you see in it onto me.

Now I'll let you hens get back to your clucking... :seeya:

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 09:35:09 pm »
Ben Shapiro is just awesome.  I mean he is so wonderful.  What a treasure.  I'm a big fan.

IMO he's the leading light of the newest generation of conservatives.  He travels to college campuses and smacks down leftists, and he's making many younger fans who otherwise might never learn anything about the principles of conservatism.

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »

It has become quite common on TOS. And in the past it would have gotten the poster banned on the first occurrence. No longer. Alt-right has become an alternative "right" in opposition to longtime conservative principles and is making everything the left claimed about conservatives appear true. It doesn't take much alt-right thought to poison the "right's" well and that's exactly what's happening unimpeded by Trump.