Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 74158 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:39 pm »

What we need even less is your carping.    Nobody wants to read an seemingly endless stream of complaining.

Who carps or complains?  heck its the trumpsters that cant let go of Cruz and whine and cry about people who wont support their idol.  Heck if they spent as much time going after Hillary they might have a chance of winning.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:11 pm »
Trump presented these key proposals in his speech in Philadelphia today:

FACT SHEET: KEY POLICIES PROPOSED IN MR. TRUMP’S MILITARY READINESS SPEECH

Today Mr. Trump Will Lay Out Several New Proposals Designed To Update And Upgrade America’s Military

PROPOSAL: Immediately after taking office, Mr. Trump will ask the generals to present a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will ask Congress to fully eliminate the defense sequester and will submit a new budget to rebuild our military as soon as he assumes office.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an active Army of around 540,000, as the Army’s chief of staff has said he needs.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Marine Corps based on 36 battalions, which the Heritage Foundation notes is the minimum needed to deal with major contingencies.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Navy approaching 350 surface ships and submarines, as recommended by the bipartisan National Defense Panel.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an Air Force of at least 1,200 fighter aircraft, which the Heritage Foundation has shown to be needed to execute current missions.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will seek to develop a state of the art missile defense system.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will modernize our nation’s naval cruisers to provide Ballistic Missile Defense capabilities.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will enforce all classification rules, and enforce all laws relating to the handling of classified information.

PROPOSAL: One of Mr. Trump’s first commands after taking office will be asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all relevant federal departments, to conduct a thorough review of United States cyber defenses and identify all vulnerabilities – in our power grid, our communications systems, and all vital infrastructure.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/fact-sheet-key-policies-proposed-in-mr.-trumps-military-preparedness-speech

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2016, 07:36:03 pm »
Get back to me when you want to do business in Democrat strongholds.      :whistle:

@Smokin Joe @DCPatriot

You mean like Miami Dade county?   Yep they're a customer of mine and I haven't paid a dime to anyone to get the contract.

People who excuse corruption are part of the problem.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »
What is curious is how you have allowed your hate for Trump to consume you.  I'm not calling you names, or trying to hurt your feelings, like you did. I was just expressing my honest opinion, so take it however you wish.

I can certainly handle criticism or I wouldn't be on this site. There are lots of other sites where I could avoid disagreement.

I can handle criticism as well.  Just not Trump hoakum with no bearing on reality.

That's what you posted, and it wasn't true.  Your list was both biased and bogus.

But since you think you're strong enough to handle criticism, lay off the stupid name-calling in response to a legitimate post.

It diminishes you, almost as much as your cheerleading for a vulgar, corrupt leftist does.

(Almost)

I know you guys are desperate, but you're on the wrong track here.  Calling us names won't win our hearts, son.  It just inures us to your dopey ad hominems even more.

btw, my life is filled with more love in any given day than most people get in a life-time...... family, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ.  To say I am "consumed" by hate is as absurd as any ad hominem anyone has thrown out here.

But it reveals how distorted your reality is.

Save the personal attacks for someone you're not completely clueless about.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:40:28 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »
Who carps or complains?  heck its the trumpsters that cant let go of Cruz and whine and cry about people who wont support their idol.  Heck if they spent as much time going after Hillary they might have a chance of winning.

They're the ones incessantly whining about how "unfair" this forum is, even though they're the ones getting protection in their little safe rooms.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2016, 07:37:55 pm »
NOW we are getting to the nub of things!  :whistle:

Because I do business in one of those hell holes and have to do such things EVERYONE should!

@DCPatriot @Smokin Joe @Bigun

Heck I count the NYTimes as one of my customers.    Hurt like hell to go into their building.  Never paid them a dime either.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:04 pm »

How long before he starts disavowing that? 3, 2, 1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:25 pm »
You are a treasure, @DiogenesLamp   Wish you would hang around a lot more.    :beer:

A lot of times I look at the list of topics,  and think:

It's frustrating trying to find a thread worth engaging,  because most of them seem to be noting but b*tch b*tch b*tch b*tch b*tch. 

Oh,  and thanks!     :) 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #333 on: September 07, 2016, 07:40:58 pm »
@Smokin Joe @DCPatriot

You mean like Miami Dade county?   Yep they're a customer of mine and I haven't paid a dime to anyone to get the contract.

People who excuse corruption are part of the problem.

Donating to a Democrat candidate in your home town of NYC ain't  like Dade County.

Having a sitting politician powerful enough to jump hurdles with a phone call instead of navigating the permits gantlet and public/private union shops is priceless.

But, I understand your basic premise.   Just use it honestly, here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2016, 07:42:28 pm »
I can handle criticism as well.  Just not Trump hoakum with no bearing on reality.

That's what you posted, and it wasn't true.  Your list was both biased and bogus.

But since you think you're strong enough to handle criticism, lay off the stupid name-calling in response to a legitimate post.

It diminishes you, almost as much as your cheerleading for a vulgar, corrupt leftist does.

(Almost)

I know you guys are desperate, but you're on the wrong track here.  Calling us names won't win our hearts, son.  It just inures us to your dopey ad hominems even more.

btw, my life is filled with more love in any given day than most people get in a life-time...... family, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ.  To say I am "consumed" by hate is as absurd as any ad hominem anyone has thrown out here.

I stopped reading after the "bold".... :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline unknown

« Reply #335 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:59 pm »

FACT SHEET: KEY POLICIES PROPOSED IN MR. TRUMP’S MILITARY READINESS SPEECH

Today Mr. Trump Will Lay Out Several New Proposals Designed To Update And Upgrade America’s Military

PROPOSAL: Immediately after taking office, Mr. Trump will ask the generals to present a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will ask Congress to fully eliminate the defense sequester and will submit a new budget to rebuild our military as soon as he assumes office.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an active Army of around 540,000, as the Army’s chief of staff has said he needs.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Marine Corps based on 36 battalions, which the Heritage Foundation notes is the minimum needed to deal with major contingencies.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build a Navy approaching 350 surface ships and submarines, as recommended by the bipartisan National Defense Panel.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will build an Air Force of at least 1,200 fighter aircraft, which the Heritage Foundation has shown to be needed to execute current missions.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will seek to develop a state of the art missile defense system.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will modernize our nation’s naval cruisers to provide Ballistic Missile Defense capabilities.

PROPOSAL: Mr. Trump will enforce all classification rules, and enforce all laws relating to the handling of classified information.

PROPOSAL: One of Mr. Trump’s first commands after taking office will be asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all relevant federal departments, to conduct a thorough review of United States cyber defenses and identify all vulnerabilities – in our power grid, our communications systems, and all vital infrastructure.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/fact-sheet-key-policies-proposed-in-mr.-trumps-military-preparedness-speech

Thanks for posting this.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »

Do not expect any substantive discussion of Trump's policy recommendations for national defense,  on this site.

I have proved to myself, there is little or no demand for such seriousness.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #337 on: September 07, 2016, 07:46:41 pm »

You couldn't make me vote for a corrupt reprobate if you threatened me with death.

Or apparently against one. 

https://youtu.be/bDPQHKmU0P8
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #338 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:02 pm »

A lot of times I look at the list of topics,  and think:

It's frustrating trying to find a thread worth engaging,  because most of them seem to be noting but b*tch b*tch b*tch b*tch b*tch. 

Oh,  and thanks!     :)

Funny, I have the same reaction.

The pro-Trump bullshit does get to be very tiresome.
Let it burn.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »
Amen and AMEN!

The only point I might disagree with you about is that Trump is the "lesser" of the two evils.  It would be difficult, considering his evil past, to conclude that he's not as evil as Hillary.  It just hasn't been proven politically yet.
In all fairness, I didn't say which was which, nor am I certain which one would do the most damage. One is fairly predictable, one is not. Whichever one people vote for will be the one they consider the lesser evil, though. It's still evil.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

Quote from: musiclady on Today at 12:36:37 PM

I can handle criticism as well. Just not Trump hoakum with no bearing on reality.

(Almost)

I stopped reading after the "bold".... :silly:

LOL     :silly:

Me Too!!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »

Or apparently against one. 

https://youtu.be/bDPQHKmU0P8

That argument has been debunked, Dio.  MANY times.

I'm voting against TWO degenerate, corrupt leftists.

And my conscience is entirely clear because of that.

(Try something new if you want to make progress.  Old, tired, wrong, false arguments don't cut the mustard).

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #342 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:08 pm »
Exactly.  I guess they must vent their frustrations.  So go for it.  I have them on ignore but see them when I'm not logged in.  In this case I find their comebacks to me funny.  They are so proud of themselves.  Whatever.  Like you, I am very much at peace with my decision.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #343 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »
In all fairness, I didn't say which was which, nor am I certain which one would do the most damage. One is fairly predictable, one is not. Whichever one people vote for will be the one they consider the lesser evil, though. It's still evil.

True enough.

The only solution that makes sense is to vote for neither evil.  It's the only thing my conscience will allow.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #344 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:36 pm »

I like it.

Paying for will be tough.

Not doing it could be tougher, yet.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2016, 07:53:18 pm »
LOL.  It looks like it is going to tip over.
Yep--to the left, no less.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
I like it.

Paying for will be tough.

Not doing it could be tougher, yet.

And what reason to we have to believe that Trump will actually fight for this.  When the chips are down and the democRATs are fighting back, is Trump going to knuckle under?  Recent experience says yes.

A man of devoted principles fights, Trump, maybe not.

Would Hillary be worse, absolutely.  But the problem with the lesser of two evils argument is that evil is guaranteed to win.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:18 pm »
@GrouchoTex

The guy who tweeted that to you is likely one of Trump's male fanboys who think they see in him some kind of alpha male masculinity they don't have. 

Yeah, I know....Trump, the alpha male paragon of masculinity.  It is funny.

Alpha male paragons of masculinity hold women in high esteem,  and don't throw body parts (or "her wherever") around.
It is funny, for sure.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »
You are willing to vote for evil. It may be a lesser evil, you may do so willingly, but it is still evil. I will not join with you to vote for evil. When I exercise my sacred duty to vote it will be for those I can support without reservation. Otherwise, I'll leave it blank or write in "none of the above"

11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican."

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2016, 08:00:21 pm »

And that horse's rump named Trump is the ONLY thing standing between us and the savage Left bent on destroying "The Greatest Experiment".

Pretty much how I see it.    At this point,  Chris Christie would be an improvement over Hillary.  Pretty much any candidate would,  except for Jeb. 

— Lord Melbourne —