Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 73170 times)

Offline JustPassinThru

Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2016, 03:33:36 am »
Yeah, that didn't happen. The last time Palin spoke publicly about Cruz she slammed his 'career-ending' convention speech.

Did you follow what I said?  Palin endorsed Trump, and then Trump let loose with his stupid, slanderous accusations.

Made Sarah Palin look like an @ss.  Interestingly, we heard nothing of her since.

I don't dislike her, but she has made some big political mistakes, and that was one.

Palin is in Trump's corner 100% and she sure isn't embarrassed by him.

How do you know to speak for what Sarah Palin is feeling?

Or is this a trumpcult thing?  You just KNOW, because you know TRUTH, and the ORACLE?

Here's something you should know.  These cultists who've completely taken leave of their critical judgment, are one reason I am REALLY reluctant to trip the lever for this Tammany bagman.  No matter WHO is opponent is.

(here come the hysterical accusations that I'm voting for the old treasonous bat...)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2016, 03:35:02 am »
Like his old friends... Those wacky, friendly, polite NeverTrumpers...

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2016, 03:50:47 am »
Conservative talk show hosts, by definition, are dependent on ratings and listeners.  So it's no surprise they're all caving.  They have NO real principles that aren't wallet-related.

@sinkspur

That's the bottom line, really.  They're in it to survive.

I'm glad I'm not a radio host.  Being NeverTrump is like breathing good, fresh air.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2016, 03:51:04 am »

That's where I am @RAT Patrol.   I respect everyone's right to make his or her own decision......... even one I disagree with, like this....... but no one else will convince me to do what I believe for me is morally wrong.

The hell you do!

from post #60 herein..no less:

When the bozos who nominated him realize that they shouldn't have fallen in love with a corrupt liberal shyster, they'll realize why principled people didn't fall in line with their bullying and leftist propaganda.

And if they don't, it's no skin off my nose.  The error is all theirs.  Not mine.

And the destruction of the Republican party lies in their laps.  Not mine.

You obviously don't, @musiclady

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2016, 03:52:30 am »
I'm not really buying into the doom & gloom of the "Destruction of the Republican Party". If it happens it happens, but there's not much I can do about that. I personally think Trump supporters will help drive up overall Republican vote share. He might not be a "real" Republican to you, but those people voting for Trump will be supporting other Republicans. If Hillary is elected, Republicans will face much more opposition from the executive branch and inevitably the judiciary.

It's not just that he's not a real Republican to me.  He's NOT a Republican.

Everything he believes is leftist.  Everything he supports is leftist.  His amorality is leftist.

Anyone who is a Republican and supporting him is agreeing with the left.  (I'm not talking about those reluctantly voting for him, like Levin..... different scenario).  But all you Jr. High cheerleaders are supporting a guy who doesn't believe a single thing Conservatives believe.

If you can live with that, then you're not much of a Republican either.....

And yes, I'm talking about you, Axel.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 03:55:10 am »
I think it's silly to hold it against him - listening to his concience as we were all recomended to do. If that's what his concience is telling him to do and anyone else in swing states, that is a decision you have to make and I am not going to think any less of you.  For me living in a solid Hillary state, I doubt very much I will be signing my name to Trump, and to this date he has done nothing to persuade me to change my mind. But just the same I will be praying Hillary loses and we heard the last of the Clintons.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2016, 03:55:31 am »
Frank Cannon wrote above:
"Yeah....and then he said Trump is unreliable..."

Trump may or may not be "unreliable".
We don't know that.
Perhaps he will swing towards our favor once in office.
Perhaps not.

But one thing is for certain.
hillary is VERY RELIABLE.
We KNOW what we're going to get from her.

So... as far as I can see... better to "take the chance" with Trump, than eschew him and get what you KNOW you're going to get from hillary...

@Fishrrman

That's the thing, though.  Trump is as reliable as Hillary.  He's a lifelong liberal, a Hillary donor and supporter, and he's on record singing her praises.  And that's before the campaign began.  Since then, he's proven over and over and over, without a doubt, that he's an eminently sleazy, vengeful, vicious, amoral, stupid individual whose impulses all run to the left.  There's no need to guess with Trump.  We know exactly what he is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2016, 03:56:52 am »
Yep. Expected.
Doesn't make a difference to me.

@roamer_1

My own husband could change his mind about Trump and it wouldn't make a difference to me.

But, trust me, that's not happening.  The husband despises Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2016, 03:57:08 am »
I see from this great new set-up that I've been pinged by DC Patriot.

It seems he's forgotten that I have him on IGNORE for a purpose......

I don't care what he says about anything.  I don't care how many stupid insults he slings at me. After the election, I'll reconsider, if he's decided to turn back into a decent human being.

Until then......... not a CHANCE.

Give it up.  I'm not going to be lured into the sewer by anyone.   :seeya:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:12 am »
The forum to me is a release valve for opinions I might have. I don't like to talk politics with friends or family (who are mostly liberal).

I hate the laziness of internet political thought. For example: I criticize Trump so I must be a #nevertrumper. (nope). I will consider voting for Trump so I must be a Trumpster (nope). So tired of it all.

As for Sinkspur telling me to "drink less", I had 1 beer yesterday and it was the first alcohol I had drunk all month.

That is a generous appraisal, of internet political thought, as it is manifest on this site now.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longmire

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:35 am »

Interestingly, we heard nothing of her since.

You must be hallucinating because I already told you that Palin publicly slammed Cruz after he bombed out at the convention, long after Trump made reference to the Cruz Kennedy assassination story that ran in the Miami Herald.

She called his speech 'career ending' and compared his failure to endorse Trump to 'detonating a suicide vest'.

Palin isn't embarrassed by Trump, she's embarrassed by people like you and Cruz.

And its no military secret how Palin feels either.

She called your ilk out publicly over a month ago.

Read it yourself: http://ijr.com/opinion/2016/07/258245-need-better-not-bitter-trumps-opponents-start-hopping-bandwagon/?_ga=1.177976742.2099975396.1467064796

Silver Pines

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:41 am »
I differ. My reading of Donald Trump told me all along he'll make an excellent president and that the man's remarkable abilities will eventually win over the electorate.

In fact, I can just feel the love welling up inside y'all...

@aligncare

Yes, his abilities are so remarkable that he has a long, long list of failed enterprises and bankrutpcies behind him.  That Trump is a world beater.   :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2016, 04:04:29 am »
@roamer_1

My own husband could change his mind about Trump and it wouldn't make a difference to me.

But, trust me, that's not happening.  The husband despises Trump.

Right now, I literally know one person that will vote for Trump = and he is vacillating. The all-time high was maybe a month ago, when I knew three - But two of those have since hit their private gak level and have permanently recanted.

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:33 am »
Who cares if he endorses him.

By saying publicly he's voting for Trump....you all look more ridiculous than ever!

@DCPatriot

You think this is about how we "look?"  I couldn't give less of a damn what anyone on a forum or in real life, for that matter, thinks of me.  My vote doesn't come that cheap.

I could be the last NeverTrumper standing and it would be just fine with me.  Right is right.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2016, 04:09:17 am »
IMHO, you're nothing but a paranoid little man, @INVAR

You should seek professional help.   It can't be healthy, walking around with that attitude all day long.

As if pushing a NY liberal Democrat on the GOP ticket while employing Alinsky's Rule No. 5 is any measure of a sane person declaring who needs 'professional help'.

Goosestep and dance all you like to your cult of personality while screaming out loud so as to convince yourself your prince is some kind of beacon of Conservatism while your compatriot True Believers plan retribution on those of us who refuse to bow to your prince.

I'll have no part of it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Leto

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2016, 04:11:23 am »
Sounds like a wee bit more than Trump isn't Hillary.  Methinks he's smartly bringing nevertrumps along one step at a time.   ^-^

IT wasn't an endorsement I listened to him today going to the store. He noted that Trump was not a conservative, didn't trust him to appoint good judges ect.

It was I have to hold my nse and vote becasue 12-16 years of Alinskyite Presidents would destroy the country.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2016, 04:15:23 am »
Yeah, that didn't happen. The last time Palin spoke publicly about Cruz she slammed his 'career-ending' convention speech.

Palin is in Trump's corner 100% and she sure isn't embarrassed by him.

@Longmire

Lol, are you kidding?  Palin, the no-pussyfootin', re-loadin', rockin'-rollin', holy-rollin', splody-head-splodin' Grizzly Mama?  She and the reality show host are a match made in heaven.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2016, 04:30:08 am »
@DCPatriot

You think this is about how we "look?" I couldn't give less of a damn what anyone on a forum or in real life, for that matter, thinks of me.  My vote doesn't come that cheap.

I could be the last NeverTrumper standing and it would be just fine with me.  Right is right.

Not at all, @CatherineofAragon   

I realize you couldn't care less how you look....as you've chosen to 'die' on Sanctimony Hill.

...now, without Cruz' godfather, Mark Levin.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2016, 04:30:48 am »
@aligncare

Yes, his abilities are so remarkable that he has a long, long list of failed enterprises and bankrutpcies behind him.  That Trump is a world beater.   :laugh:
Trumps supporters use his business achievements, and his appealing promises as the reason for supporting him. If being a successful businessman is the qualifaction, they should have implored Buffet to run, he built an empire four times that of Trumps and all with his own money, not daddy's, otherwise if the measure is Trumps bombastic personality and insults, I'd rather have Don Rickles because he at least is actually funny. The other thing that strikes me in this thread is that for all of the Trump supporters claims of being insulted by mean old nevertrumpers, some of the Trumpeteers are having no trouble slinging insults and mud at the Trump opposition on this thread. And now for some fun, some people just knew that Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite would make excellent leaders too, just look how that ended. *hmmmm*
@CatherineofAragon

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2016, 04:38:08 am »
Trumps supporters use his business achievements, and his appealing promises as the reason for supporting him. If being a successful businessman is the qualifaction, they should have implored Buffet to run

Or Jeff Bezos, or Bill Gates, or Larry Ellison, the list goes on.

When they claim in desperation success in business as a qualification for the White House it is because they have nothing else.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2016, 04:38:20 am »

You must be hallucinating because I already told you that Palin publicly slammed Cruz after he bombed out at the convention, long after Trump made reference to the Cruz Kennedy assassination story that ran in the Miami Herald.

She called his speech 'career ending' and compared his failure to endorse Trump to 'detonating a suicide vest'.

Palin isn't embarrassed by Trump, she's embarrassed by people like you and Cruz.

And its no military secret how Palin feels either.

She called your ilk out publicly over a month ago.

Read it yourself: http://ijr.com/opinion/2016/07/258245-need-better-not-bitter-trumps-opponents-start-hopping-bandwagon/?_ga=1.177976742.2099975396.1467064796

If that's correct, then I never heard it.  Probably because sources I take seriously didn't put much stock in such histronics.

Cruz' behavior at the convention was ENTIRELY restrained and appropriate.  Trump salted the audience with his noisemakers - the exact same way the Paulbots caused disruptions the last go-round.

NO, we are not going to worship the Orange Julius Caesar, the way some cultists are so eager to do.  And why you've heard nothing from Cruz since, is he realizes it's pointless.  It's a waste, and often dangerous, to get between a fool and his folly; especially when the fool is engaging in idolatry.

Silver Pines

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2016, 04:39:33 am »
Not at all, @CatherineofAragon   

I realize you couldn't care less how you look....as you've chosen to 'die' on Sanctimony Hill.

...now, without Cruz' godfather, Mark Levin.

@DCPatriot

I'm glad that you realize I'm not so shallow.  I appreciate it.  I am disappointed, though, that you have the idea talk show hosts are some kind of arbiter of behavior.  I remember liberals in the old AOL politics chats who believed that, so, yeah...it's odd to see it from someone on our side.  Bottom line, though...I don't care.

Right is right, like I said earlier.  If refusing to vote for an amoral dumpster fire of a human being makes me sanctimonious, then I embrace it.  Incidentally, that was another accusation liberals used to hurl when conservatives made any kind of moral stand.

You should want to do better.

Silver Pines

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2016, 04:42:13 am »
Trumps supporters use his business achievements, and his appealing promises as the reason for supporting him. If being a successful businessman is the qualifaction, they should have implored Buffet to run, he built an empire four times that of Trumps and all with his own money, not daddy's, otherwise if the measure is Trumps bombastic personality and insults, I'd rather have Don Rickles because he at least is actually funny. The other thing that strikes me in this thread is that for all of the Trump supporters claims of being insulted by mean old nevertrumpers, some of the Trumpeteers are having no trouble slinging insults and mud at the Trump opposition on this thread. And now for some fun, some people just knew that Jim Jones and Marshall Applewhite would make excellent leaders too, just look how that ended. *hmmmm*
@CatherineofAragon

I read an article not long ago....can't remember what or where it was.  But some guy in the NYC real estate business said that people who don't know business think Donald Trump is a good businessman, while people who do know it understand that he isn't.

Silver Pines

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2016, 04:43:37 am »
He is right about Palin.  I find her very obnoxious so what she thinks matters zilch to me.

@RAT Patrol

Lord have mercy, that woman isn't in a position to be embarrassed by anyone.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2016, 04:47:56 am »
@DCPatriot

I'm glad that you realize I'm not so shallow.  I appreciate it.  I am disappointed, though, that you have the idea talk show hosts are some kind of arbiter of behavior.  I remember liberals in the old AOL politics chats who believed that, so, yeah...it's odd to see it from someone on our side.  Bottom line, though...I don't care.

Right is right, like I said earlier.  If refusing to vote for an amoral dumpster fire of a human being makes me sanctimonious, then I embrace it.  Incidentally, that was another accusation liberals used to hurl when conservatives made any kind of moral stand.

You should want to do better.

We live in an age of prophetic biblical fulfillment whereby because wickedness abounds in the minds and hearts of so vast a people, that anyone standing up for what is moral, virtuous and right, when those things are seen as a hindrance or worse - is regarded with the same kind of vitriol Saint Stephen received from those who literally ripped his flesh off with their teeth.

Those that hate Truth, do so because they love the lie and the liars that tell them.

They become the moral standard, and the tried and true becomes pariah.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775