Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 73172 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 01:22:08 am »
@beandog

Same.  It's difficult for these talk hosts to make it through November without supporting the nominee.

Cruz could endorse Trump and it wouldn't change this house's mind.

Conservative talk show hosts, by definition, are dependent on ratings and listeners.  So it's no surprise they're all caving.  They have NO real principles that aren't wallet-related.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Axel

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 01:22:38 am »
Glad Levin finally came to his senses. There is a practical decision to be made, and that is not allowing Hillary the presidency.

In a battle of unelectable candidates, Trump is looking more palatable everyday especially in comparison with Hillary. Never is a very, very, long time. A lot can happen between now and never.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2016, 01:31:06 am »
It was ugly as much because he knew he would disappoint people as for Levin's own principles.  I have listened to Levin long enough to know he will increase in this position.  I've seen it coming for some time.  I love Levin, but he is wrong about this.  Doesn't matter.  What will be will be.  For me, voting for Trump or Hillary would be a massive violation of everything I believe in.  I don't care who tells me they are voting for Trump.  I will not budge.

That's where I am @RAT Patrol.   I respect everyone's right to make his or her own decision......... even one I disagree with, like this....... but no one else will convince me to do what I believe for me is morally wrong.

I know a lot of people will reluctantly end up voting for this reprobate, Trump, but I can't in good conscience do that.

I want to be able to live with myself, and sleep at night after election day.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 01:32:08 am »
Anyone surprised?   Levin owes his celebrity to scammity.   Birds of a feather.

No, all of these talk show guys are looking out for the bottom line. They know Trump in going down in November and they want to be able to tell their audience  for the next for years how they supported their guy and look how bad Hilliary is..... :shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 01:34:53 am »
Not this one.

I do not care if I am the only person on the planet who isn't voting for Trump.  I will not be going along with the seig-heiling masses.

The split second Levin pumps or pushes Trump when a caller tells him they will not vote for Trump - I'm canceling my Levin TV subscription and that will be the end of listening to talk radio.

You're not even close to being alone, @INVAR .

There are a lot of us who aren't malleable.  The idea that my convictions would disappear because a talk show guy decides to do something I consider unthinkable, is ridiculous.

They're called convictions because they don't change with the wind.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 01:35:45 am »
No.  Trump said he doesn't want it and endorsing Trump does Cruz absolutely no good.

Actually, Ted Cruz would alienate many of his supporters and he needs them for his upcoming Senate re-election bid.  He would be foolish to endorsevTrump..

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 01:37:23 am »
Conservative talk show hosts, by definition, are dependent on ratings and listeners.  So it's no surprise they're all caving.  They have NO real principles that aren't wallet-related.

"Caving".   You might want to go listen to what he said before you leap to that conclusion.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 01:37:38 am »
I'm going with Trump unless he doesn't behave himself.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 01:42:03 am »
I'm going with Trump unless he doesn't behave himself.

He already hasn't.
Let it burn.

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 01:43:18 am »
He already hasn't.

He's been ok since the convention.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 01:44:11 am »
He's been ok since the convention.

I guess you'll just have to hope he doesn't shoot someone on 5th Avenue between now and the election.
Let it burn.

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 01:47:37 am »
I guess you'll just have to hope he doesn't shoot someone on 5th Avenue between now and the election.

Trump will likely do or say something stupid that blows his recent momentum. That being said, he's preferable to Hillary as is.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2016, 01:53:30 am »
Frank Cannon wrote above:
"Yeah....and then he said Trump is unreliable..."

Trump may or may not be "unreliable".
We don't know that.
Perhaps he will swing towards our favor once in office.
Perhaps not.

But one thing is for certain.
hillary is VERY RELIABLE.
We KNOW what we're going to get from her.

So... as far as I can see... better to "take the chance" with Trump, than eschew him and get what you KNOW you're going to get from hillary...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 01:58:07 am »
"Caving".   You might want to go listen to what he said before you leap to that conclusion.

I haven't listened to the screamer Levin in four years.  Ain't about to start.  I don't really care what he says or does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 01:58:38 am »
Levin's been saying all along that he might or might not vote for Trump.  I expected he might.

Yep. Expected.
Doesn't make a difference to me.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:41 am »
Trump may or may not be "unreliable".
We don't know that.
Perhaps he will swing towards our favor once in office.
Perhaps not.

That is the very definition of 'unreliable'.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 02:04:06 am »
"Trump is still better than Hillary"………

I marvel at the fact that among self-identifying Conservatives, the presidency has become a monarchy or a dictatorship, the same way the Left views it. 

The Republic is already lost and few to none dare notice it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 02:06:15 am »
Glad Levin finally came to his senses. There is a practical decision to be made, and that is not allowing Hillary the presidency.

The only way that is not happening is if Obama decides to stay, or you orchestrate a military coup to undo the velvet coup that took place under your nose the last election cycle.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 02:06:48 am »
"Trump is still better than Hillary"………

I marvel at the fact that among self-identifying Conservatives, the presidency has become a monarchy or a dictatorship, the same way the Left views it. 

The Republic is already lost and few to none dare notice it.

I noticed!  In fact I noticed quite a long time ago but couldn't bring myself to admit it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 02:11:18 am »
Great - with all these converts, you certainly won't need my vote.

(BTW, I just can't stand it when people say, "Yeah, but did you vote for Mitt? Did you vote for McCain?" as if to throw guilt upon me. At least this time when they ask, "Yeah, but did you vote for TRUMP?" I'll be able to say, "Nope. That's on you.")
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2016, 02:14:58 am »

In a battle of unelectable candidates, Trump is looking more palatable everyday especially in comparison with Hillary. Never is a very, very, long time. A lot can happen between now and never.

I differ. My reading of Donald Trump told me all along he'll make an excellent president and that the man's remarkable abilities will eventually win over the electorate.

In fact, I can just feel the love welling up inside y'all...

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 02:17:15 am »
Not this one.

I do not care if I am the only person on the planet who isn't voting for Trump.  I will not be going along with the seig-heiling masses.

The split second Levin pumps or pushes Trump when a caller tells him they will not vote for Trump - I'm canceling my Levin TV subscription and that will be the end of listening to talk radio.

Well you'll not be the only person not voting for Trump.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Axel

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2016, 02:17:56 am »
The only way that is not happening is if Obama decides to stay, or you orchestrate a military coup to undo the velvet coup that took place under your nose the last election cycle.

I'm going to remain optimistic about Trump's chance of beating her. His odds of beating her have been trending upwards, and her campaign is on its heels. A poor debate performance could easily tilt the race in Trump's favor.

We all need to get out there and vote Republican, and that includes Trump!  :patriot:
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2016, 02:18:27 am »
Great - with all these converts, you certainly won't need my vote.

(BTW, I just can't stand it when people say, "Yeah, but did you vote for Mitt? Did you vote for McCain?" as if to throw guilt upon me. At least this time when they ask, "Yeah, but did you vote for TRUMP?" I'll be able to say, "Nope. That's on you.")

Well la-di-fricking-da! I for one don't care who you vote for.  And I certainly don't care what random internet forumers think about me voting for Trump.

Your opinion, and that of the rest of the Never Trumpers, or for that matter that of the pro-Trumpsters, ain't worth a bucket of warm piss in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:18:54 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2016, 02:22:10 am »
We all need to get out there and vote Republican, and that includes Trump!  :patriot:

Not gonna happen.

In fact, thanks to the Trump Militant - I'm making sure to work extra hard to persuade as many as possible to vote for anyone else but the two NYC liberals running.