Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 73658 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2016, 01:47:34 pm »
I'm really starting to understand that.

And I also see that if one doesn't have them, nor understand them, one mocks them.

We certainly see that in living color on this forum, don't we?

Indeed we are!  And it breaks my heart!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »
This is great, and as I stated I will vote for him. But I don't think he'll win. He cannot keep his fool mouth shut. Hope I'm wrong.

He won't win no matter what he does. The fix has been in for a decade. The only thing stopping Hillary at this point is her health.
The only variable Trump has in his favor is black men. If they pull the lever for him, it could throw the election but I think urban precincts will give Hillary the battleground states.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:21 pm »
It isn't sanctimony DC! It is something you and your fellow travelers will NEVER understand! It's called PRINCIPLES!

Is this photo wingnut just posted with a derisive comment on the open forum, the principles you're talking about?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2016, 01:49:23 pm »
Having a close friend in Texas during the Cruz for Senate campaign I can tell you that it was the ugly ugly trump type campaign run by Cruz' opponent that boosted Cruz to victory.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »
Indeed we are!  And it breaks my heart!

It does mine too.

And proves you should never make assumptions about people you thought you knew on the Internet.......

Or anywhere else, for that matter.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2016, 01:51:56 pm »
Hopefully a rebirth of Capitalism and the fruits therein.  Hopefully a rollback of federal regulations which hinder same.

Hopefully, a sigh of relief for Israel and our other allies that have gotten nothing but the middle finger from the Kenyan.

Oh....and hopefully a raise in our social security bennies.   Hell...may as well as for something for myself.    :laugh:

And I'm the one who operates on emotion?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »
Is this photo wingnut just posted with a derisive comment on the open forum, the principles you're talking about.

So what! Another poster you might know just posted this in open forum!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:52:52 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2016, 01:53:09 pm »
This is great, and as I stated I will vote for him. But I don't think he'll win. He cannot keep his fool mouth shut. Hope I'm wrong.

Hang tough, @Weird Tolkienish Figure

We're almost there!   Sixty more days and sanity will return.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2016, 01:55:23 pm »
Hopefully a rebirth of Capitalism and the fruits therein.  Hopefully a rollback of federal regulations which hinder same.

Hopefully, a sigh of relief for Israel and our other allies that have gotten nothing but the middle finger from the Kenyan.

Oh....and hopefully a raise in our social security bennies.   Hell...may as well as for something for myself.    :laugh:

D.C.  I would put a lot more credence into what you say if instead of 'hopefully', you would state that you are confident that it's what Trump is going to do.  With Trump's track record it is difficult to count on him doing anything he says ... he continues to flip on the illegal immigration issue just as an example. 

#NeverTrump 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2016, 01:58:11 pm »
I'm really starting to understand that.

And I also see that if one doesn't have them, nor understand them, one mocks them.

We certainly see that in living color on this forum, don't we?

"Ignore"?   Don't make me smile.   You're not fooling anybody.

We also see that you can't keep your promise(s) OR your mouth shut. 

You ....the "Queen" of the FSB   (Forum Sharia Brigade) telling us in a myriad of ways on how you're so much better of a human being than us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2016, 02:03:18 pm »

You ....the "Queen" of the FSB   (Forum Sharia Brigade) telling us in a myriad of ways on how you're so much better of a human being than us.

Condescension is such an endearing feature in a human being...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »
So what! Another poster you might know just posted this in open forum!

I'm gonna ignore the low hanging fruit around here....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2016, 02:08:58 pm »

This really saddens me.  Come on DC you've been a member of this forum for quite awhile and honestly IMHO your demeanor has changed since you've jumped aboard the Trump roller coaster.  I would hope that you would save the personal insults and telling others to "shut up" for the liberals.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »
I'm gonna ignore the low hanging fruit around here....

It seems that you naturally ignore quite a lot of things!  :thud:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Sarah Palin is widely credited with giving Ted Cruz the boost he needed to break through in his Senate primary race in 2012.

Without her support Cruz would be a political asterisk.

It is illuminating to see how little respect she engenders among his rabid supporters.

Really?  I worked on the Cruz campaign and I was completely unaware of that. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »
This really saddens me.  Come on DC you've been a member of this forum for quite awhile and honestly IMHO your demeanor has changed since you've jumped aboard the Trump roller coaster.  I would hope that you would save the personal insults and telling others to "shut up" for the liberals.

I've demonstrated with @Once-Ler that I know how to communicate as a gentleman.

Your 'leader', @sinkspur and I are at completely different ends of the spectrum on Trump...but he's still my good friend.

Let them....and I'll reciprocate in kind.

Just because somebody is female doesn't protect them....not when they come in everyday with their claws sharpened.

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2016, 02:15:06 pm »
Well, you see, I believe by backing Donald Trump from the very day he announced back June 2015, it demonstrated my wish "to do better".

I didn't create Donald Trump the Nominee.   McConnell...McCain....Ryan @ Company created him.   Prancing Romney did too. 

The same steel spines 'you' demonstrate, should have been seen by them.  Instead they rolled over on their backs and exposed their bellies in submission.   We've seen our allies shunned and mistreated and our enemies embraced and supported.

We've been living in the Twilight Zone for the past 8 years...with not a whiff of opposition from the GOP.

I've been reading crap in here for over a year...by people I've respected and consider friends...that Donald Trump is the ONLY one of the 16 candidates that COULDN'T beat Hillary.   When the exact opposite is true.

In all of my politically-aware years going back 50 years, I've never seen unabashed acrimony in backing a candidate over another.

Given what's at stake for the Republic....To see all of you #nevertrumps continue in your moral Crusade at this point in time by posting the same BS for over a year...it's like we're in a zoo.

...but it's you that's the exhibit.  Not me.

@DCPatriot

You and I have no disagreement concerning McConnell, McCain, Romney, etc...and the GOP in general.

But when you continue with the very liberal argument of condemning a moral stance, I'll call you on it.  Every time.

Because that's what is necessary for people to support Trump (and I don't mean those who decide they must vote for him, like Levin...I'm talking about his true supporters).  They either have to twist themselves into liberal positions or ignore everything out of his mouth and pretend it's fantasyland. 

We've never had such a lousy, clearly liberal nominee before, which is the reason for the acrimony you describe.   All of the offenses by McConnell and company that you mention are stances that Trump has shared in the past, and has let slip that he supports even now until someone makes him do the walkback.  Past behavior is the biggest predictor of future behavior, and you have absolutely no reason to believe that Trump will do any of the things you want him to do, other than empty bluster on his part and desperation on yours.

I'm not buying his con.  It's that simple.  I'm beginning to believe that some Trump fans are angry because they know they stepped off a cliff and want everyone else along for the ride down.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2016, 02:15:37 pm »

And speaking of demeanor.....my demeanor has changed as much as theirs....if you're going back years here.

I sincerely hope they're big enough to apologize on their POV on President Trump....for if he does screw things up worse, I certainly will.

Silver Pines

« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2016, 02:19:29 pm »
Once more....none of the so-called "Hateful Eight" give a fiddler's damn who you vote for.  Your vote is yours and yours alone.

Nobody's begging and pleading.  Only in your empty heads.

Ya'll are nothing more than a horrific accident on the side of the highway...and I'm simply rubber-necking.

@DCPatriot

I don't know who the "Hateful Eight' is and don't much care, but if you think no one wants our votes, check the Politics forum for the articles trying to convince NeverTrumpers of our misguided ways. 

Besides, if we don't matter and you don't want our votes, what makes us a horrific accident, exactly?  Not our lack of influence, right?  So what, then?  Is it the incredible nerve of us to refuse to bend the knee to Trump?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »
@DCPatriot @CatherineofAragon

You and I have no disagreement concerning McConnell, McCain, Romney, etc...and the GOP in general.

Nor do I! It's the foolish idea that Trump is the solution that I take exception to!  Especially in light of the fact that Trump is exactly the candidate that the miscreants already mentioned wanted and got!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2016, 02:22:58 pm »
@DCPatriot

But when you continue with the very liberal argument of condemning a moral stance, I'll call you on it.  Every time.

Because that's what is necessary for people to support Trump (and I don't mean those who decide they must vote for him, like Levin...I'm talking about his true supporters).  They either have to twist themselves into liberal positions or ignore everything out of his mouth and pretend it's fantasyland. 

We've never had such a lousy, clearly liberal nominee before, which is the reason for the acrimony you describe.   All of the offenses by McConnell and company that you mention are stances that Trump has shared in the past, and has let slip that he supports even now until someone makes him do the walkback.  Past behavior is the biggest predictor of future behavior, and you have absolutely no reason to believe that Trump will do any of the things you want him to do, other than empty bluster on his part and desperation on yours.

I'm not buying his con.  It's that simple.  I'm beginning to believe that some Trump fans are angry because they know they stepped off a cliff and want everyone else along for the ride down.

I want to sincerely thank you for taking time to give a thoughtful replay, @CatherineofAragon

I'm not "condemning" your moral stance.  I applaud it. 

What I condemn is the condescension in here daily toward Trump supporters.  What?  Just because we see things differently?

Personally, I can't change.   I've been self-employed and self-reliant my entire life.  I always view problem solving the same exact way Donald Trump does.   As a businessman trying to succeed.

Silver Pines

« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2016, 02:24:03 pm »
I posted this on another thread here this morning:

I opened up my browser yesterday and saw, side by side, two articles.
One was on Hillary flip-flops, and the other was on Trump flip-flops.
The interesting thing was these didn't go to the way back machine to find them.
They just took this campaign alone.
The trump flip-flops were just from June 2015, when he announced, up to current day.
At the end of the day, I may vote for the Republican Flip Flop artist over the other Flip Flop artist, just to stop the Democratic one, if I vote in the Presidential race at all.
Still not happy that is where we stand.

Also, yesterday someone called me a "p___y"  on twitter for not voting for Trump.
I haven't closed that door yet, but these militants don't make it any easier.

Yep, that convinced me! I must vote for Trump now that I've been called a part of the female anatomy!
What is wrong with these people

@GrouchoTex

The guy who tweeted that to you is likely one of Trump's male fanboys who think they see in him some kind of alpha male masculinity they don't have. 

Yeah, I know....Trump, the alpha male paragon of masculinity.  It is funny.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »
@DCPatriot

I'm beginning to believe that some Trump fans are angry because they know they stepped off a cliff and want everyone else along for the ride down.

Oh, we're all heading on the ride down.  What's at stake is what pieces will be left to pick up.   Conservatism after Trump will be tainted with the stench of racialism.   Lots of folks have fought for years to separate our cause from the bigots.  It is the rightness of that struggle that requires me to continue to be #NeverTrump.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »
Then stick a 'D' by your name.

@wolfcreek

You're supporting a "D."  He admitted as much last July on "Morning Joe." 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2016, 02:26:20 pm »
@DCPatriot

I don't know who the "Hateful Eight' is and don't much care, but if you think no one wants our votes, check the Politics forum for the articles trying to convince NeverTrumpers of our misguided ways. 

Besides, if we don't matter and you don't want our votes, what makes us a horrific accident, exactly?  Not our lack of influence, right?  So what, then?  Is it the incredible nerve of us to refuse to bend the knee to Trump?

Simply because the Convention lights have gone dark months ago.  Donald Trump compared to Hillary Clinton is a breath of fresh air.

Instead...you insist on still fighting at Bunker Hill, while the rest of us are at the Appomattox Court House.