Author Topic: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY  (Read 74138 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: LEVIN: I'M VOTING FOR TRUMP ... HERE'S WHY
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2016, 04:19:01 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
Her point is, if you had the person on ignore, you wouldn't have seen it.  So you wouldn't have to get mad.  Problem solved.

Again...the condescension is strong with this one.

I have the self-control to not have to put anybody on ignore.   

And I promise to work on that virtue a little harder in the future.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
My point is made, then.   Business owners and self-reliant people view the landscape differently than someone who punches in and out each day.   

Doesn't make them better than anyone else.   It's just some insight into how Trump views the world....and the problems we all face.

:patriot:

Well, I have a lot of respect for entrepreneurship, but those who "punch in and out each day" are some of the hardest workers around.  Self-reliance means you're not counting on help from others.  If you're giving a good day's work for your wage, you aren't receiving charity.

Trump really isn't that great of a businessman, and three years ago he was calling for a no-borders world, so I don't know why you or my FIL think you have much in common with him.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »
To win the Presidency as a Republican, the candidate needs the votes of Independent voters in a few key swing states (OH, PA, VA, NC, FL), and to hold on to all of the states that McCain and Romney won, and that's where Trump is falling short.

Trump is +20 with independents Andy and he's winning or close in all the states you've mentioned with the possible exception of Pennsylvania. Trump and Pence are expanding the battleground to places like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa, making a loss in one of those states you highlighted less important.

The important thing to remember is that Trump will fight to his last ounce of strength and cede nothing to the corrupt Clinton clan. He's used to doing two and three events per day and doesn't take weekends off. His gambit to win urban voters has the potential to keep Clinton on the defensive if not knock her completely off her feet.

Offline Axel

« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »

Well, I have a lot of respect for entrepreneurship, but those who "punch in and out each day" are some of the hardest workers around.  Self-reliance means you're not counting on help from others.  If you're giving a good day's work for your wage, you aren't receiving charity.

Trump really isn't that great of a businessman, and three years ago he was calling for a no-borders world, so I don't know why you or my FIL think you have much in common with him.

Why should anyone value your assessments of his business acumen?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline aligncare

« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2016, 04:27:50 pm »

What kind of a political "discussion" would this be if everyone on TBR has everyone else on ignore?

How about putting personal attacks on notice instead?  Attack someone's person and get a time out, time to cool your jets.

Distribute those evenly, fairly, and liberally, and the problem will solve itself.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:50 pm »

I have the self-control to not have to put anybody on ignore.   

:laugh:

I have someone on ignore but it doesn't work.   I can still see her name and the fact that she's posted something.   An ignore function ought to let your remain blissfully unaware that the person you are ignoring has even spoken. 

Yes,  I understand that you can't do anything about quoted replies,   but I just want to stop having to wade through all the garbage. 

I don't need to see what they wrote.  I know from experience with their irrational obsession that anything they write is going to be more of the same stuff i'm tired of reading.   

And now i'm thinking about putting several more people on ignore.   I just want to find interesting things to read and talk about,  not another rehash of an opinion that has been put forth hundreds of times already. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »

I have someone on ignore but it doesn't work.   I can still see her name and the fact that she's posted something.   An ignore function ought to let your remain blissfully unaware that the person you are ignoring has even spoken. 

Yes,  I understand that you can't do anything about quoted replies,   but I just want to stop having to wade through all the garbage. 

I don't need to see what they wrote.  I know from experience with their irrational obsession that anything they write is going to be more of the same stuff i'm tired of reading.   

And now i'm thinking about putting several more people on ignore.   I just want to find interesting things to read and talk about,  not another rehash of an opinion that has been put forth hundreds of times already.

You are a treasure, @DiogenesLamp   Wish you would hang around a lot more.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:40 pm »
....thousands of times, a broken record of complaints about Trump AND his supporters. That last part – you see, that's the tricky part. You can call Donald Trump any name in the world (and you do). You just can't call TBR members insulting names.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »
What kind of a political "discussion" would this be if everyone on TBR has everyone else on ignore?

How about putting personal attacks on notice instead?  Attack someone's person and get a time out, time to cool your jets.

Distribute those evenly, fairly, and liberally, and the problem will solve itself.

That doesn't work, either, @aligncare

Because we see endless posts referring to our low intelligence... our amorality...etc., as a group.

I, for one, won't stand for it.

I've demonstrated on a daily basis how to disagree with somebody who doesn't get personal.

When they grow up....I'll treat them accordingly. Until then....they will reap what they sow.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2016, 04:40:53 pm »
Good.  Then you don't need our vote.

They've said they haven't needed our votes for months now, and yet they keep bullying and badgering so that we'll vote for their idol.

I wish they'd make up their minds......... for their sakes, not mine.  I'm completely at peace with the decision I've made.

You couldn't make me vote for a corrupt reprobate if you threatened me with death. 

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2016, 04:41:20 pm »

Does that include taglines?   :whistle:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2016, 04:42:30 pm »
Trump is +20 with independents Andy and he's winning or close in all the states you've mentioned with the possible exception of Pennsylvania. Trump and Pence are expanding the battleground to places like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa, making a loss in one of those states you highlighted less important.

The important thing to remember is that Trump will fight to his last ounce of strength and cede nothing to the corrupt Clinton clan. He's used to doing two and three events per day and doesn't take weekends off. His gambit to win urban voters has the potential to keep Clinton on the defensive if not knock her completely off her feet.

That's funny.  Trump has NO ground game in any state, is being chintzy in spending money on ads, thinks rallies are the primary way to reach voters (they're not), and believes "outreach" is a twitter storm.

Trump is not going to win ANY black or Hispanic votes above what he has now (2-4% for blacks, 10% for Hispanics). 

The bar will be set so low for him in the debates, as long as he doesn't urinate on himself, he won't be given up for dead.   Everybody knows he's colossally ignorant, so no one expects him to get into any depth on any subject.  But he'll be good with zingers and, of course, his sycophants will judge him the winner on Drudge.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2016, 04:48:47 pm »

Nor do I particularly want or need your...spasms of self importance.

h/t @aligncare  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:53:19 pm by Longmire »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »
How can the tool the establishment went to the mat to give us be the answer D.C.? The logic escapes me!

If you truly believe the "establishment went to the mat to give us" Trump, I think you need new glasses.

The establishment, Jeb Bush, Romney et. all fought tooth and nail, to block Trump. Still are.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
Does that include taglines?   :whistle:

Are you NeverTrump? Did I identify you specifically in my tagline? So, to answer your question, no, it doesn't include general statements. I'm speaking of direct insult to another member, specifically.

With tag lines it's a matter of if the shoe fits.  ^-^

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:01:35 pm by aligncare »

Offline Axel

« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2016, 04:52:21 pm »

Nope. You can stop lording it over us already.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:50 pm »
Well, if you're at Appomattox Court House, stop by and say hi, because you're about five minutes down the road from me.

I don't see a dime's worth of difference between Clinton and her friend/donor/praiser.

If you seriously see no difference, about security against terrorists infiltrating refugees, or wide open borders, you need new glasses, like Bigun.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2016, 05:09:11 pm »
Why do pro-Trump people keep wasting their efforts haranguing Republicans who do not want to vote for Trump, even though their votes would be meaningless?

Yes, that's right: meaningless.

As I keep trying to tell you people, there simply aren't enough GOP voters left to elect anyone. Republicans compose about 25-27% of the electorate, and are disproportionately spread among relatively low-electoral vote states. Do the math. 

To win the Presidency as a Republican, the candidate needs the votes of Independent voters in a few key swing states (OH, PA, VA, NC, FL), and to hold on to all of the states that McCain and Romney won, and that's where Trump is falling short.

So which candidate(s), of the seventeen that ran, would have the ability to do as you say ??

And why did he/she fail to gain the nomination ??

Do you have recommendations and plans for the future ??

Offline Axel

« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2016, 05:11:18 pm »
If you seriously see no difference, about security against terrorists infiltrating refugees, or wide open borders, you need new glasses, like Bigun.

Already driven down this road and back a million times.

1. Trump isn't really a conservative because he was once a Democrat and is from New York.
2. Whatever Trump says, he doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how conservative his policies appear.
3. Trump's policies are just words
4. Because he contributed to Hillary years ago, likely for special favor, he is as bad as she is
5. Neither candidate is moral enough to garner my vote

The sad thing is, you can't argue policy or you'll just get one of the above mentioned talking points.

Silver Pines

« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2016, 05:16:27 pm »

@Axel

They shouldn't.  They should look up his record and go with the facts.  I recommend you try it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »

@CatherineofAragon
@Axel

Based on Trumps record why on earth would any sane person believe a word he says?   On business, politics, or whether its raining outside.

Trump was born with a gold spoon.  Its a heck of a lot easier to make a go when you have money and family connections.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:07 pm »
Stop with the guilt... @INVAR

It doesn't make you a bigger man or a better man.

But among those devoid of principles or morality, anyone expressing such are automatically asserted to be of such pharisaical hubris.   In the eyes of this world I am a fool and worse, and I happily accept that regard.

It just throws into question your sincerity regarding said health threat, for mentioning it.

I am simply marveling at your disdain for those of us with principles you find worth a medium coffee.  Your comment simply demonstrated you have no regard or respect for principles or faith when it contravenes your rabid support for a political messiah, even when those same principles were exercised on your behalf in a time of need.

My post telling you to shut up comes on the heels of months of your pontificating and your paranoia.

Yet when I showed you proof that "their side" has plans for exterminating 25 million capitalist....you lost your tongue.

Yet you were the guy telling me to seek professional help for stating we lost the Republic in a velvet coup and the nation is ripe for a bloodbath.  But somehow posting Grathwol's findings makes you prescient?

Let me know where I can find a link of any Trump supporter engaged in domestic terror or death squads....I'd love to see it.

I'm sure you and yours would simply state that any such threats are being misunderstood and not at all what they appear to be. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »
....thousands of times, a broken record of complaints about Trump AND his supporters. That last part – you see, that's the tricky part. You can call Donald Trump any name in the world (and you do). You just can't call TBR members insulting names.

For a brief time, that was this site's policy. But it got changed. This place is the way it is, by design and choice.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2016, 05:20:48 pm »
That doesn't work, either, @aligncare

I've demonstrated on a daily basis how to disagree with somebody who doesn't get personal.

When they grow up....I'll treat them accordingly. Until then....they will reap what they sow.

"When they grow up?"    so in other words when they agree with you and that horses posterior called Trump.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.