Author Topic: NeverTrumps and the End of America as We Know It  (Read 12835 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: NeverTrumps and the End of America as We Know It
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2016, 11:21:04 pm »
#nevertrumps are proof of an hypothesis I put forth, long before the primaries, or Trump was selected:

Namely, SOME "contemporary conservatives" like to be in a victim mode. Comfort zone.

They never simply take complete and full responsibility for the outcomes in their political lives.

It is always the dems, the GOPe, the Trump supporters, always somebody else.

Example: Starting with 17 candidates should signal a problem.

Trump seized on the FACT that Independents now outnumber either party. He decided to use the GOP as a vessel for essentially his independent run. And he highlighted themes popular with Republicans, conservatives. Namely unrestricted illegal immigration, unvetted muslim entry to the US, etc.

IOW he advanced themes that would predictably be popular with primary voters.

All of those other candidates, the GOP as an entity, had no discipline, beyond Billy Kristol and his merry band of Romney sore losers, reborn.

Yet I have yet to read a single intelligent analysis for how a good candidate might have given Trump a good contest.

Just victimhood, over and over. And go on and on, over and over, the same complaints, with no solutions, no analysis, nada, zip.

www.victims-galore-r-us.com
You are the one bashing the pro-life position as extreme. Where are you taking responsibility for your actions? All I hear from you is how everyone else is so wrong, everyone else should come up with the solution, all the while you sit on your hands and snark at everyone doing the exact same thing.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:34:12 pm by mystery-ak »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online LMAO

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2016, 11:26:43 pm »
You haven't been here long enough to know the full history of that.

But if that makes you feel that you put forth a strong argument, go with it.

I'll mark that down as your idea, of how conservatives could have fared better, in the primary.

I made no argument, strong or otherwise.Just simply pointed out a fact. I don't see a special section carved out here for any supporters of other candidates to keep them safe.

True or false. There is a section on this forum for Trump supporters Only?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:29:17 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 11:26:51 pm »
#nevertrumps are proof of an hypothesis I put forth, long before the primaries, or Trump was selected:

Namely, SOME "contemporary conservatives" like to be in a victim mode. Comfort zone.

They never simply take complete and full responsibility for the outcomes in their political lives.

It is always the dems, the GOPe, the Trump supporters, always somebody else.

Example: Starting with 17 candidates should signal a problem.

Trump seized on the FACT that Independents now outnumber either party. He decided to use the GOP as a vessel for essentially his independent run. And he highlighted themes popular with Republicans, conservatives. Namely unrestricted illegal immigration, unvetted muslim entry to the US, etc.

IOW he advanced themes that would predictably be popular with primary voters.

All of those other candidates, the GOP as an entity, had no discipline, beyond Billy Kristol and his merry band of Romney sore losers, reborn.

Yet I have yet to read a single intelligent analysis for how a good candidate might have given Trump a good contest.

Just victimhood, over and over. And go on and on, over and over, the same complaints, with no solutions, no analysis, nada, zip.

www.victims-galore-r-us.com

You back the most reprehensible human being to ever run for president.  And, yes, I include Hillary in that evaluation.

He lacks basic human skills, is colossally ignorant, has no intellectual curiosity about anything except himself, and makes off-the-wall statements. 

Today, for instance, he essentially abandoned our South Korean allies by declaring that North Korea is China's problem, not ours.

He is unfit for any public office, and those who've bought into what is essentially a con reveal themselves to be just as vapid as he is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »

Horseshiite.  Most of us non-Trump supporting Conservatives have left your dying, pathetic liberal Statist party to put our efforts into something else that has not been corrupted by the oligarchs in D.C.

That is hardly a comfort zone.

A comfort zone is staying in a party that has been taken over by liberal statists and then to demand everyone continue to vote for their liberal candidate simply because of the letter after his name this cycle.

We've taken complete and full responsibility for our principles and politics by departing your dead party and shunning your liberal candidate for dictator.

When it came down to just Trump, Cruz and Kasich - your boy refused to debate like the coward he is.  Your boy was and is, Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse.

More horseshiite projection.  We're done being battered housewives of your dead liberal-Left party, we are victims no more.  Our solution was and is to refuse supporting or voting for your Trojan Horse and going somewhere else with our efforts given the GOP has illustrated with perfect clarity that it doesn't matter if we give them power, they will always continue to enable the Leftist agenda.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »
I back the Republican nominee, period.

To rebut INVAR, not a single one of the GOP candidates has left the GOP.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:31:32 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2016, 11:32:44 pm »

An attempt was made by most of the challengers, but Trump found the bully-loving element in the GOP and decided a trash-talking geriatric was preferable to sane people who could intelligently argue policy while not having to respond to insults and slurs.

The problem has never been Trump.  It's been those who foisted this marginal IQ'd scam artist on the Republican party.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2016, 11:34:21 pm »

They want to be around to clean up the mess after this sonofabitch crashes and burns.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:24 pm »
Today, for instance, he essentially abandoned our South Korean allies by declaring that North Korea is China's problem, not ours.

Imagine the screeching outrage if Obama had done the same.

The worst part is that these people have put so much hope in Trump as the one who will fix it that they've abandoned other ongoing fights in the senate. We're about to hand off control of the internet and the senators raising the alarm can't get any support in their fight.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »
The "end of America as we know it" happened when Trump became the "Republican" nominee, and actual Republicans.... especially Conservative Republicans had no one representing a single value we have in the Republican party.

It is those who made this corrupt Democrat our nominee, who are totally responsible for the destruction we are about to face as a nation.

Fie on all of you for your irresponsible "choice" to vote for a pro-abortion liberal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2016, 11:36:07 pm »

To hear the sound of it, hasn't Cruz been kicked out?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2016, 11:37:39 pm »

Too bad the "Republican" nominee is a hard core liberal, making it impossible for actual Republicans (at least former ones since May) to back him.

Some of us have standards beyond party, TS.  When the party we always supported becomes a vessel for leftist politics, it's over.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:07:08 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 11:38:59 pm »
The "end of America as we know it" happened when Trump became the "Republican" nominee, and actual Republicans.... especially Conservative Republicans had no one representing a single value we have in the Republican party.

It is those who made this corrupt Democrat our nominee, who are totally responsible for the destruction we are about to face as a nation.

Fie on all of you for your irresponsible "choice" to vote for a pro-abortion liberal.
It goes back further than that. To when Obama got re-elected. To when names like Thad Cochran, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham won primaries on incumbency alone, even as they botched or worse declined every chance they had to gain leverage. As I said before, the collapse of conservatism came years ago, and there are very few people willing to stand for it anymore.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2016, 11:40:00 pm »

Just more victimhood, further proving my hypothesis.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2016, 11:41:11 pm »
Too bad the "Republican" nominee is a hard core liberal, making it impossible for actual Republicans (at least former once since May) to back him.

Some of us have standards beyond party, TS.  When the party we always supported becomes a vessel for leftist politics, it's over.
Certain people prefer party over policy. That if the majority of people prefer something, they must be right. Well, you could give them free stuff and it doesn't matter that it will eventually drive the nation into a hole it can't dig out of, but according to this, it must be right. And if they won't give it up, it must be conservatives' fault for not getting the message across, as if it's the wife's fault if her husband is an alcoholic who won't quit.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2016, 11:42:09 pm »
Just more victimhood, further proving my hypothesis.
Just more trolling, proving mine.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2016, 11:43:16 pm »

Exactly.  Even if it were a card-carrying member in good standing of the Communist Party USA.  You would support whomever runs with an 'R' after them name.

And here you dare accuse us of being a victim stuck in a 'comfort zone'??

Heh heh.  Oh, the irony - so rich!

Bully for them.  I'm not running for office, and the handful of them are not enough to get Trump "voted" into office.

Some folks have a fatal case of Normalcy Bias and wrongly think they can still save or wrest control of the party away from the Statist Liberal Oligarchy.

You Nationalist Statist Populists made a NYC lifelong liberal Democrat your prince and the GOP made him their standard-bearer.

That's no place or home for a Conservative. 

It's an Apostate corrupt oligarchy busy making slaves of Republicans the way the Democrats made blacks their slaves on the plantation.

Enjoy your chains. 

I'm off your plantation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2016, 11:45:10 pm »

It's an Apostate corrupt oligarchy busy making slaves of Republicans the way the Democrats made blacks their slaves on the plantation.

Its the Grand Old Plantation

HonestJohn

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2016, 11:50:51 pm »
Thanks for further proof of my hypothesis. I did state the idea, long before the primaries, or the result thereof.

I wonder if you can offer a substantive rebuttal ??

The GOP has lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections. It appears they had not been learning anything, so to see you lash out reinforces my claim.

When you put forth some evidence to back up your assertions... there can be a dialogue.

There has been none presented.  Just claims/assertions.

Back them up.

Otherwise, "bulls##t" is just as valid as your claim.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2016, 12:11:15 am »
It goes back further than that. To when Obama got re-elected. To when names like Thad Cochran, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham won primaries on incumbency alone, even as they botched or worse declined every chance they had to gain leverage. As I said before, the collapse of conservatism came years ago, and there are very few people willing to stand for it anymore.

Clearly the party collapse began before Trump, but his hard core liberalism and complete pretense of being a Republican, together with the collaboration of the establishment Republicans at the convention, totally collapsed what was left of the party, and left every principle we have ever had in ruins.

There is no more Republican party, thanks to Trump and his mindless voters.

The idea that Trump supporters are the only faithful Republicans is balderdash.

They are simply Democrats who finally got their own nominee in the enemy party.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2016, 12:25:43 am »

Jeb Bush said he will not vote for Trump.  Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan won't vote for him either. http://time.com/4372882/john-kasich-donald-trump-republicans-election/ Kasich and Cruz can't say for certain if they will vote for Trump but they both refuse to endorse him.   And of course there have been some prominent Republicans who said they will actually vote for Hitlery.  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216146

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2016, 12:28:14 am »
Jeb Bush said he will not vote for Trump.  Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan won't vote for him either. http://time.com/4372882/john-kasich-donald-trump-republicans-election/ Kasich and Cruz can't say for certain if they will vote for Trump but they both refuse to endorse him.   And of course there have been some prominent Republicans who said they will actually vote for Hitlery.  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216146

Rick Snyder in Michigan refused to commit as well.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2016, 12:29:59 am »
I made no argument, strong or otherwise.Just simply pointed out a fact. I don't see a special section carved out here for any supporters of other candidates to keep them safe.

True or false. There is a section on this forum for Trump supporters Only?

False. Those words are not included at my request.

The Election Section is open to all posters.  What is unique to that section is posters are asked to respect the Republican ticket and those who support it.  Knee jerk disrespect and disruption are best suited for all the other forums on the site.  Disagreements that are constructive and rational are also welcome.

I hope you choose to join in.

@LMAO

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:22 am »
The "end of America as we know it" happened when Trump became the "Republican" nominee

@musiclady

But nominating a lifelong New York liberal with an unfavorable rating higher than Hillary's was a good thing, or so we've been told.

I would rather be in the position I am in, that of explaining why I will NOT vote for a lifelong liberal turd like Trump rather than be in the untenable position of having to explain why I did.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:31 am »

I am bothered by allying, how informally, with Jeb Bush/Romney ... as Never trump. Sorry Jazz... but Kasich would never do for me.

Having said that. I am a Cruz man... I , as a Simple Bricklayer, maxed out for Ted in the Primary, and send funds every month since to him.

trump is a democrat who has put forward the outward trappings of a Conservative.. really trump has said everything. 

Who the hell knows?....I will follow Ted, ... I am listening to what trump says... will trump not attack me? Attack me thru Ted.. what about the 20 mil bounty to defeat Ted that trump has put out of his polluted mouth?

Has trump rescinded that? Have trumpansies not thrown crap about... then they want my vote.

I think not.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2016, 12:47:08 am »
I accept the outcome of the primaries.  The voters have spoken and both choices are bad for different reasons.  It's not a tantrum but a realization that the GOP no longer shares enough of my values to keep my vote just because it shares the name of a party I used to proudly call "Mine."  So like 100 million Americans I choose neither.  I don't hear you bemoaning the other 100 million who never vote.  You have an election to win.  I have an election to endure

Well there you have it! 

Well said my friend!  Well said indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien