Author Topic: Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election  (Read 20855 times)

Offline unknown

Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:01:56 am »

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/hey_nevertrumps_this_could_be_your_last_relevant_election.html

Brian C. Joondeph
September 5, 2016

Labor Day weekend is here, marking the end of summer and the beginning of the real election season.  Donald Trump finds himself up by one point in the latest Rasmussen poll, while other polls show a rapidly shrinking Hillary Clinton lead.  The momentum seems to be shifting, especially following Trump's visit to Mexico and his detailed immigration policy speech – not to mention the Friday afternoon dump of Clinton's FBI interview.

Yet the #NeverTrumps are not giving up.  Many are doubling down on their efforts to stop their party's nominee.  Despite Ted Cruz pledging to support the eventual Republican nominee, he withheld his endorsement.  His supporters continue to run ads against Trump in swing states.

What will this accomplish?  "Free the Delegates" and "Vote Your Conscience" are catchy phrases to shout from atop a moral high horse.  These #NeverTrumps view themselves as modern-day Paul Reveres, riding through America shouting, "Trump is coming."

I'm here, not on my high horse, but simply writing to tell these #NeverTrumps that the real phrase that needs to be shouted during election season is "The Democrats are coming."

If Hillary Clinton wins in November, the odds of Republicans ever winning the White House again are lower than the odds of Barbra Streisand endorsing Donald Trump for president.  This may well be the last chance for Republican relevance in a national election.  Do the #NeverTrumps realize this?  Do they care?

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hey #NeverTrumps: This Could Be Your Last Relevant Election
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:08:58 am »

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/hey_nevertrumps_this_could_be_your_last_relevant_election.html

Brian C. Joondeph
September 5, 2016

Labor Day weekend is here, marking the end of summer and the beginning of the real election season.  Donald Trump finds himself up by one point in the latest Rasmussen poll, while other polls show a rapidly shrinking Hillary Clinton lead.  The momentum seems to be shifting, especially following Trump's visit to Mexico and his detailed immigration policy speech – not to mention the Friday afternoon dump of Clinton's FBI interview.

Yet the #NeverTrumps are not giving up.  Many are doubling down on their efforts to stop their party's nominee.  Despite Ted Cruz pledging to support the eventual Republican nominee, he withheld his endorsement.  His supporters continue to run ads against Trump in swing states.

What will this accomplish?  "Free the Delegates" and "Vote Your Conscience" are catchy phrases to shout from atop a moral high horse.  These #NeverTrumps view themselves as modern-day Paul Reveres, riding through America shouting, "Trump is coming."

I'm here, not on my high horse, but simply writing to tell these #NeverTrumps that the real phrase that needs to be shouted during election season is "The Democrats are coming."

If Hillary Clinton wins in November, the odds of Republicans ever winning the White House again are lower than the odds of Barbra Streisand endorsing Donald Trump for president.  This may well be the last chance for Republican relevance in a national election.  Do the #NeverTrumps realize this?  Do they care?

{.. snip ..}
Conservatives haven't had a 'relevant election' since Reagan.

One favor Trump has done us is force the issue, the realization that the GOP is hostile to Conservatives, and that we have little more 'home' in the GOP than we do with the Democrats.

It's time for a new Party. I will spend the rest of my days working to build the replacement for the GOP (Constitution Party).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:20 am »
[...] the real phrase that needs to be shouted during election season is "The Democrats are coming."

YEP... No matter which major party wins. A distinction without a difference.

{.. snip ..}

This election isn't about 'Republican relevance'. They haven't been relevant since the 94 congress.
How does a NY liberal candidate and a bunch of liberal GOPe make it relevant?

MEH.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:38:22 am »
How does a NY liberal candidate and a bunch of liberal GOPe make it relevant?

It doesn't because it can't.  The fact that both nominees are New York liberals means this country is hosed regardless the outcome of this rigged election.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 04:42:32 am »
Getting really tired of these threats, overt and subtle, telling us that we have to vote for Trump or else.  The Republican Party has gone full-on liberal with the nomination of Trump.  It has been made plain to true conservatives that they are no longer welcome in the Republican Party.   So all that will be left are liberals.  I can't see this nation sustaining 2 liberal parties, so one of them will have to go.  And that party will be Republican.  This was the plan all along -- to kill the party by duping it into making Trump, a liberal, its nominee.  And the fools in the party fell for it. 

Offline kartographer

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 05:06:43 am »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 05:49:16 am »
Getting really tired of these threats, overt and subtle, telling us that we have to vote for Trump or else. 

They're going to get worse as more and more desperation sets in
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 06:25:47 am »
Damn, that does it I'm convinced now, there is no point in waiting any longer, not gonna waste my vote no siree! To hell with Hillary and Trump too, I'm just voting down ticket. What the hell, I live in California and it would take an act of God for Conservative to win here this year..........not that there's one to vote for at the top of the ballot anyway. Are you Trumpeteers ever gonna get tired of 11513
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:35:12 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 07:13:27 am »
Trumpsters flip-flop like their namesake. They don't need our votes, saith their orange god. Yet, they spend much time and verbiage insulting, begging, warning and ridiculing. Seems the closer they get to November, the more they feel they need us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr278VdgFzs

If you haven't already, go to Ted  Cruz's Facebook page.  It has been flooded with Trump worshipers whining, pleading and threatening Ted Cruz and his supporters.  Most of their verbiage has to do with Cruz's pledge to support the nominee, which in my view was nullified when Trump and his minions slandered the Cruz family.  What they don't seem to realize is (1) Ted Cruz would be foolish to endorse Trump because it would alienate his own supporters, and Cruz needs those supporters for his own Senate re-election; and (2) an endorsement from Ted Cruz would not mean more votes for Trump.  I for one don't vote for a candidate based on an endorsement, and I don't believe endorsements really matter that much to other voters either.  Trump has burned his bridges with Cruz and his supporters, and all the pleas and threats will not bring them back.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 09:54:27 am »
I'm going to pass. I have a strong aversion to cockroaches. I'm 100% sure what you say is correct.

When Cruz listed the tenets of conservatism and then encouraged us to vote our conscience, one can only wonder why that would be so upsetting to Trumpsters. Haven't they tried all along to convince us that Trump is conservative? It was a telling moment, wasn't it?
They are still having fits about that, especially the conscience part.

At first I was really confused. After all, if their conscience told them to vote Trump, what's the problem?

Then I realized many had been left in a state of profound confusion. They had, in their anger, discarded or rationalized away their moral footings to join the mob.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 10:45:34 am »
Ooooh... I'm soooooo scared!

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 11:24:44 am »
I'm going to pass. I have a strong aversion to cockroaches. I'm 100% sure what you say is correct.

When Cruz listed the tenets of conservatism and then encouraged us to vote our conscience, one can only wonder why that would be so upsetting to Trumpsters. Haven't they tried all along to convince us that Trump is conservative? It was a telling moment, wasn't it?

Trump apparently has told his minions that he is unhappy with Cruz's speech because it did not contain a ringing endorsement -- even though it has been reported that Trump knew in advance Cruz wasn't going to endorse him and that Trump was at the time OK with Cruz's speech.  Now Trump realizes that those Democrats who voted for him during the primaries might instead vote for Clinton in the general.  He is in a panic, plus his Buick-size ego must have adulation from everyone.  So he has dispatched his brain dead followers to demand an endorsement in the mistaken belief that it will bring him votes from Cruz supporters.  He burned that bridge when he and his followers slandered Ted Cruz and his family.  And the more his followers demand, plead and threaten, the stronger the resolve not to vote for Trump grows.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 11:36:57 am »
Trump apparently has told his minions that he is unhappy with Cruz's speech because it did not contain a ringing endorsement -- even though it has been reported that Trump knew in advance Cruz wasn't going to endorse him and that Trump was at the time OK with Cruz's speech.  Now Trump realizes that those Democrats who voted for him during the primaries might instead vote for Clinton in the general.  He is in a panic, plus his Buick-size ego must have adulation from everyone.  So he has dispatched his brain dead followers to demand an endorsement in the mistaken belief that it will bring him votes from Cruz supporters.  He burned that bridge when he and his followers slandered Ted Cruz and his family.  And the more his followers demand, plead and threaten, the stronger the resolve not to vote for Trump grows.
Precisely.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 11:46:13 am »
So in essence, Trump supporters are now admitting that they need our vote and that the Orange Buffoon can't win without Cruz's endorsement!  The a**hole should have thought about that when he was repeatedly and erroneously attacking him, his wife and his family! 

What Trump supporters don't realize is that the GOP died when they handed Trump the nomination anyways.  I have no interest in saving the GOP from itself. I cannot vote for a lying, psychotic, narcissistic demagogue nor can I vote for a habitual lying criminal.

#NeverTrump  #NeverHillary
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:03 pm »
So in essence, Trump supporters are now admitting that they need our vote and that the Orange Buffoon can't win without Cruz's endorsement!  The a**hole should have thought about that when he was repeatedly and erroneously attacking him, his wife and his family! 

What Trump supporters don't realize is that the GOP died when they handed Trump the nomination anyways.  I have no interest in saving the GOP from itself. I cannot vote for a lying, psychotic, narcissistic demagogue nor can I vote for a habitual lying criminal.

Agreed 100%   :thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 12:02:40 pm »

What Trump supporters don't realize is that the GOP died when they handed Trump the nomination anyways.

What nevertrumps don't realize is that the GOP came alive when the people handed Trump the nomination.   

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »

One 'erroneous' attack, I can see. Back water, apologize conspicuously, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Those attacks on Cruz were only erroneous in that the whole campaign of malicious slanders was a big mistake. The individual attacks were planned, intentional, and coordinated to do the most damage.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 12:07:55 pm »
What nevertrumps don't realize is that the GOP came alive when the people handed Trump the nomination.

But at the same time, the party told true conservatives they were no longer wanted.  Without conservatives, what will be left?   Answer:  Liberals.  There is no need for 2 liberal parties in this country.  One of them will have to go, and I'm guessing it will be the Republicans.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:18 pm »
One 'erroneous' attack, I can see. Back water, apologize conspicuously, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Those attacks on Cruz were only erroneous in that the whole campaign of malicious slanders was a big mistake. The individual attacks were planned, intentional, and coordinated to do the most damage.

If there had been an apology and a sincere effort not to repeat such behavior again, I think there might be people who would forgive and forget.  But Trump is still spreading lies about Ted Cruz through his supporters on social media.   Difficult to forgive when the transgressor is unrepentant and intentionally continues the same behavior.  We aren't Jesus Christ. 

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »

Going populist and abandoning the philosophical principles that supposedly underlay the Republican party is not "coming alive." It's a path towards unthinking liberalism.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »
But at the same time, the party told true conservatives they were no longer wanted.  Without conservatives, what will be left?   Answer:  Liberals.  There is no need for 2 liberal parties in this country.  One of them will have to go, and I'm guessing it will be the Republicans.
This, I think, was the argument Rush used to make about squishy Republicans like McCain. Why would undecided people vote for liberal lite when they could get the full version in the Democrat candidate? Or maybe it was my dad's argument, I don't know. :)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 12:16:17 pm »

What happened was a hostile takeover of the GOP, with the victors making no effort to reach out in conciliation to the losers.   The Trumpsters' argument now is identical to that of Hillary's - vote for me out of fear of the other candidate. 

No thanks.   Gary Johnson is a fine choice, in tune with my values.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2016, 01:12:32 pm »

Damned right.

It's about time Millennials watch and learn the new definition of "Normal" in the United States. 

I'll bet money after 8 years of Trump, it will be the DEMOCRAT party that will be on life support. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 01:20:04 pm »

What happened was a hostile takeover of the GOP, with the victors making no effort to reach out in conciliation to the losers.   The Trumpsters' argument now is identical to that of Hillary's - vote for me out of fear of the other candidate. 

Anybody that was a teenager when Obama took The Oath in Jan 2009...doesn't know "Liberal vs. Conservative", sir.

They only look around and say....'Is THIS what I went to college for?  I can't even afford my rent my own apartment', etc..

And I'm not naive to think there's going to be rainbows and unicorns right out of the gate, when Trump takes The Oath in January.

Ronald Reagan's 1st two years were still rough on a lot of people.   The 2018 Mid-Terms might be a RAT blowout...so it's important not to get cocky like Obama and pass/repeal EVERYTHING they can the 1st two years of his presidency.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 01:42:36 pm »
Anybody that was a teenager when Obama took The Oath in Jan 2009...doesn't know "Liberal vs. Conservative", sir.
And if that's what you are banking on, I would suggest you really don't care about a constitutional republic.
They only look around and say....'Is THIS what I went to college for?  I can't even afford my rent my own apartment', etc..
There are lots of folks around who say that who were older when Obama was elected, too. Federal policy has ensured that is the case. Policy the GOP has ensured remains in place by its inadequate resistance to that policy.
And I'm not naive to think there's going to be rainbows and unicorns right out of the gate, when Trump takes The Oath in January.
I don't expect unicorns at any time. To do so would be unrealistic. Rainbows depend on atmospheric conditions, and the Federal ability to influence those is somewhat limited.
Ronald Reagan's 1st two years were still rough on a lot of people.   The 2018 Mid-Terms might be a RAT blowout...so it's important not to get cocky like Obama and pass/repeal EVERYTHING they can the 1st two years of his presidency.
Nice, but only an excuse. Obama got a lot of fundamental transforming done in his first 100 days, and the time to roll it back would be early on. Waiting until the Dems are holding even more of the Congress won't get the job done. the opportunity is perishable and will require the cooperation of the Congress. Otherwise, same ol' same ol' with a different name on the door. IF the GOP is interested in undoing the damage of the Obama years, it would have the bills ready for the hopper day one.

I don't really expect that to happen.
[/quote]

C S Lewis