Author Topic: Another witness contradicts Donald Trump’s claims about disabled reporter  (Read 6319 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
He didn't run the airline into the ground, the shuttle still exists as American Airlines Shuttle.

He tried something new which was a luxury shuttle, but the economy didn't cooperate.

His financial backers took over the operation and eventually sold it.
The bucks stops... elsewhere. Always does with Trump. So much for always winning.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

What do you think it proves @Neverdul ?

Is Trump supposed to remember some reporter in a crowd from the launch of a new venture some thirty odd years ago?

DING, DING, DING. We have a winner. Give the lucky cowboy a ceegar! Give the lucky gent a hand folks.

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

You just hit on the Trumpslaining tacit of the week:

The Moving the Goalposts Logical Fallacy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

Moving the goalposts, similar to "shifting sands" and also known as raising the bar, is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt.[3] The problem with changing the rules of the game is that the meaning of the end result is changed, too.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The bucks stops... elsewhere. Always does with Trump. So much for always winning.

Hey he's the idea guy.  Its not his fault if other people believe him and give him their money.  Its their fault his ideas fail.  Its certainly not his fault.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

You don't know that, in fact the Trump name remained on the airline for several years.

Trump also retained control of several parts of the business for years after.
Trump Airlines, which had the official name of Trump Shuttle, Inc., was an ill-fated venture that lasted from 1989 to 1992. Trump "bought" — and I put that in quotation marks because he didn't pay for it himself, he arranged for a loan of $380 million from a consortium of 22 small banks to finance the transaction — a profitable division of the troubled Eastern Airlines with operations in the Northeastern United States...

The airline had problems immediately, and never ended up turning a profit. The loans went into default in September of 1990, less than a year and a half after the airline began operations. While there was an emphasis on luxury fixtures and cutting-edge technology — laptop rentals, anyone? — Trump's failure to understand the needs of his customers, coupled with a massive spike in the price of jet fuel resulting from the first Iraq War, meant that the venture failed spectacularly.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/147006-what-happened-to-trump-airlines-how-the-business-venture-failed-spectacularly-decades-ago

Borrowing money to buy a struggling but profitable airline and then losing money on the whole thing is hardly success. It's called losing and he did it bigly.

Here's a much for detailed analysis of the whole fiasco:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/10/07/how-donald-trump-bought-and-lost-an-airline/
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/03/17/donald-trump-got-taken-cleaners-buying-trump-shuttle-plaza-hotel/

The last one has this interesting bit of info:
Trump only put $20 million of his own money into the airline, and the airline didn’t make nearly enough to service its debt. With no buyers, Trump lost the airline and the banks that had financed the Trump Shuttle deal contracted with US Air to run the operation in 1992. US Air only part-owned the operation (they purchased the remainder in 1997), taking a 40% stake and a 10 year management contract.

Ultimately Trump lost much more than his original investment, forfeiting over $100 million he had personally guaranteed.

Now I'm not an millionaire, but that counts as getting hosed in my book, bigly even.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Except the business wasn't run into the ground, it survived and was sold and still exists today.
No, it wasn't sorry. Do your homework next time, ya lazy bum.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/03/17/donald-trump-got-taken-cleaners-buying-trump-shuttle-plaza-hotel/
Trump only put $20 million of his own money into the airline, and the airline didn’t make nearly enough to service its debt. With no buyers, Trump lost the airline and the banks that had financed the Trump Shuttle deal contracted with US Air to run the operation in 1992. ...

In layman terms he got foreclosed on. If you lose your house to the bank you can't claim you sold it to them.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Trump Airlines, which had the official name of Trump Shuttle, Inc., was an ill-fated venture that lasted from 1989 to 1992. Trump "bought" — and I put that in quotation marks because he didn't pay for it himself, he arranged for a loan of $380 million from a consortium of 22 small banks to finance the transaction — a profitable division of the troubled Eastern Airlines with operations in the Northeastern United States...

The airline had problems immediately, and never ended up turning a profit. The loans went into default in September of 1990, less than a year and a half after the airline began operations. While there was an emphasis on luxury fixtures and cutting-edge technology — laptop rentals, anyone? — Trump's failure to understand the needs of his customers, coupled with a massive spike in the price of jet fuel resulting from the first Iraq War, meant that the venture failed spectacularly.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/147006-what-happened-to-trump-airlines-how-the-business-venture-failed-spectacularly-decades-ago

Borrowing money to buy a struggling but profitable airline and then losing money on the whole thing is hardly success. It's called losing and he did it bigly.

Here's a much for detailed analysis of the whole fiasco:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/10/07/how-donald-trump-bought-and-lost-an-airline/

The last one has this interesting bit of info:
Trump only put $20 million of his own money into the airline, and the airline didn’t make nearly enough to service its debt. With no buyers, Trump lost the airline and the banks that had financed the Trump Shuttle deal contracted with US Air to run the operation in 1992. US Air only part-owned the operation (they purchased the remainder in 1997), taking a 40% stake and a 10 year management contract.

Ultimately Trump lost much more than his original investment, forfeiting over $100 million he had personally guaranteed.

Now I'm not an millionaire, but that counts as getting hosed in my book, bigly even.

I find that story hard to believe.   I mean Trump actually personally committed to that much?    Perhaps that was the one time he put some real skin in the game.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

@Longmire you lucky dog. You hit the Daily Trumpsplaining Double. Not only did you manage to move the goal posts, when that failed you subtly introduced the Red Herring fallacy and turned the focus away from the issue at hand.
 888high58888

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.[1] It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

You have your choice of doors. Behind one of the door is a years supply of duct tape, and behind the other is a goat. I have a real hankering for some cabrito, so which door will it be?