Author Topic: Another witness contradicts Donald Trump’s claims about disabled reporter  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another witness contradicts Donald Trump’s claims about disabled reporter
Washington Post By Greg Sargent November 30, 2015
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/11/30/another-witness-contradicts-donald-trumps-claims-about-disabled-reporter/?utm_term=.73e8e9510702
>snip<
Andrew Gluck, who is currently the CEO of Advisor Products, a marketing and tech company for investors, was a reporter and financial columnist at the New York Daily News alongside Kovaleski in the late 1980s. Gluck tells me that he co-wrote numerous stories about Trump with Kovaleski, and that Trump’s claim he doesn’t remember him is simply not believable.

“Serge is an unforgettable character when you meet him,” Gluck told me. “You’re struck by the fact that his arms don’t work quite right. Anybody that meets him would obviously know that. You’re going to remember him.” Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, which restricts joint movement.
>snip<
Excerpt, more at the link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/11/30/another-witness-contradicts-donald-trumps-claims-about-disabled-reporter/?utm_term=.73e8e9510702
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

I have heard that Trump said to the crowd: "You gotta see this guy." while mimicking him.

Offline Longmire

@Smokin Joe

How hard would it be for someone to access the NY Daily News archives and produce some articles Kovaleski and Gluck wrote about Trump?

You know something that validate the hours of time they claim they spent in Trump's office.

My guess is its because no such writing exists.

Offline wolfcreek

Doing more leg-work for the Progressive Left.

If this guy is just another Lefty 'journalist' .....Screw Him! He's not mentally deficient.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

How hard would it be for someone to access the NY Daily News archives and produce some articles Kovaleski and Gluck wrote about Trump?

You know something that validate the hours of time they claim they spent in Trump's office.

My guess is your mouse works, too. I presume you can run a search engine. You aren't after the truth or you would know the answer.  Apparently your intent is to post rhetorical questions instead in an effort to cast doubt, or you would have checked those archives yourself.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Doing more leg-work for the Progressive Left.

If this guy is just another Lefty 'journalist' .....Screw Him! He's not mentally deficient.
You are right. I posted this because someone was having difficulty getting a link to work. Now he wants links to articles written ten years before I got my first dial-up connection. I'm done hauling his water. He can do his own legwork if he wants to find those articles.

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

Apparently your intent is to post rhetorical questions instead in an effort to cast doubt, or you would have checked those archives yourself.
:nono:

Not true Joe...the online NY Daily News archive only goes back to 2007. Koveleski supposedly worked there in the 1980s. Someone would have to physically go to the Daily News morgue to look.

My guess is there is no such writing about Trump by Kovaleski or the NY Daily News would have produced it to attack Trump's story.

I can't see a newspaper passing up such an opportunity, can you?

Offline Smokin Joe

:nono:

Not true Joe...the online NY Daily News archive only goes back to 2007. Koveleski supposedly worked there in the 1980s. Someone would have to physically go to the Daily News morgue to look.

My guess is there is no such writing about Trump by Kovaleski or the NY Daily News would have produced it to attack Trump's story.

I can't see a newspaper passing up such an opportunity, can you?
You can't see a New York newspaper not pissing off a native son who just might get elected president by digging through the archives to prove he is a liar? My, my, you really don't understand that 'New York Values' thingy, do you?

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

You can't see a New York newspaper not pissing off a native son who just might get elected president by digging through the archives to prove he is a liar? My, my, you really don't understand that 'New York Values' thingy, do you?

That's not how the NY media works, that's not how the national media works, and that's not how politics works.

There is no Kevaleski story on Trump or we would have seen it by now.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's not how the NY media works, that's not how the national media works, and that's not how politics works.

There is no Kevaleski story on Trump or we would have seen it by now.
You can tell me that after someone posted an image of the story to you? Really? You are a piece of work, sir! Are you in the running for an Information Ministry job?

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@Smokin Joe
@Longmire

You can tell me that after someone posted an image of the story to you? Really? You are a piece of work, sir! Are you in the running for an Information Ministry job?

:beer:

Thanks, I was just about to link that here from the other thread were I posted it.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,219746.msg1028113.html#msg1028113

Not that it is likely to make any difference.

In before the:

"It's a photo shop", "Is that all you got?" "Doesn't prove anything"….
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Smokin Joe

You're Welcome, @Neverdul

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
@Smokin Joe

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reporter-donald-trump-mocked-spent-day-mogul-1989-article-1.2448381
Ya lazy bum. They have a picture of it on their site.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

He who is "The Trump" shall not be besmirched by the #NeverTrump.  Hell hath no fury like a Trumpanzee scorned.

Offline Longmire

You can tell me that after someone posted an imageof the story to you? Really? You are a piece of work, sir! Are you in the running for an Information Ministry job?

I have no idea what you're talking about and yours is the first post I've seen with a Daily News image in it.  :shrug:

Now as far as the story you posted is concerned, I see nothing in it that would require the reporter to spend hours in Trumps office talking to him as Andrew Gluck has claimed they did.

That's the story I'm interested in, not some man on the scene report from the airport.

I will note in the last paragraph of the Daily News story, Trump's airline venture created at least 600 jobs.

Offline musiclady

I have heard that Trump said to the crowd: "You gotta see this guy." while mimicking him.

I heard him say it on the video I watched where he mimicked and mocked a disabled reporter.

Scum.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longmire

In before the:

"It's a photo shop", "Is that all you got?" "Doesn't prove anything"….

What do you think it proves @Neverdul ?

Is Trump supposed to remember some reporter in a crowd from the launch of a new venture some thirty odd years ago?

Offline sinkspur

I have no idea what you're talking about and yours is the first post I've seen with a Daily News image in it.  :shrug:

Now as far as the story you posted is concerned, I see nothing in it that would require the reporter to spend hours in Trumps office talking to him as Andrew Gluck has claimed they did.

That's the story I'm interested in, not some man on the scene report from the airport.

I will note in the last paragraph of the Daily News story, Trump's airline venture created at least 600 jobs.

Trump ran his airline into the ground by overleveraging it.  Using other people's money is his specialty.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Is Trump supposed to remember some reporter in a crowd from the launch of a new venture some thirty odd years ago?

You are just about the only human being on the face of the earth who gives Trump a pass on this disgraceful episode. 

Why, I don't know.  It's killing him with women and the Trump campaign has no response to it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

You are just about the only human being on the face of the earth who gives Trump a pass on this disgraceful episode. 

Why, I don't know.  It's killing him with women and the Trump campaign has no response to it.

The ad coming from Columbus is just devastating.

No decent person in the country would vote for a guy who behaves in this abominable manner.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longmire

Trump ran his airline into the ground by overleveraging it. 

He didn't run the airline into the ground, the shuttle still exists as American Airlines Shuttle.

He tried something new which was a luxury shuttle, but the economy didn't cooperate.

His financial backers took over the operation and eventually sold it.

Offline Longmire

Pro tip:

Wingnut

He didn't run the airline into the ground, the shuttle still exists as American Airlines Shuttle.

He tried something new which was a luxury shuttle, but the economy didn't cooperate.

He left them holding the bag.   Trump 101.  Find a chump to take the fall.

Offline Longmire

He left them holding the bag. 

You don't know that, in fact the Trump name remained on the airline for several years.

Trump also retained control of several parts of the business for years after. 

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

But that wasn't the only time Kovaleski had interviewed Trump. And Trump certainly knew who he was, especially after not liking the article that Kovaleski wrote for the NY Daily News about the maiden voyage of Trump Air, to personally call him about it - “Trump and the guy who was running the Trump Shuttle for him ... called me the day the story ran and Trump started screaming over the speaker phone about what a piece of sh-- the story was,” Kovaleski said.”

This wasn’t some sort of pressor with dozens of reporters shouting questions from a crowded room. Kovaleski was among a few reports who flew with Trump. And if you’ve seen pictures of Kovaleski, he’s not someone that many people would forget meeting even if only once or only on a few occaisions.

No. Trump mismanaged it. He didn’t listen to his aviation experts and on one occasion nearly literally ran it (or at least one poorly maintained plane) into the ground. He weaseled his way out of debt and left others holding the bag.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/05/27/donald-trump-airline-went-from-opulence-air-crash-landing/zEf1Er2Hok2dPTVVmZT6NP/story.html
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause