Author Topic: Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities  (Read 4861 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities
« on: August 21, 2016, 12:59:26 pm »
August 21, 2016, 07:00 am
Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities

By Nikita Vladimirov

Eric Trump, the son of the Republican presidential nominee, is echoing his father's recent outreach to minority voters around the country. 

“You have a lot of people from inner cities, especially minorities, who aren’t getting higher-level education. The schools around them are totally failing them. There’s 60 percent unemployment in some of these communities," Trump said in a radio interview with John Catsimatidis for "The Cats Roundtable" on Sunday. 
"We’re not giving the youth the opportunities that they so rightfully deserve. My father’s going to focus on that, and he's going to change that, and he’s going to fix it because it’s just not right," he added.

Donald Trump is currently struggling with minority votes, polling almost 0 percent support among African Americans is some key battleground states.

The GOP nominee is also losing the Hispanic vote to Hillary Clinton by 66 percent to 24 percent nationally, according to Pew survey conducted in mid-June.

Eric Trump also took the opportunity to blast President Obama and Clinton for not visiting Louisiana in the wake of the recent flooding in the state.

“Our president was spending time in Martha’s Vineyard playing golf while people’s houses were under water, and people's cars were underwater, and caskets were floating down the streets of Louisiana. People were dying and there was death and destruction and everything else," said Trump.

"Our president was nowhere to be found. And Hillary Clinton, nowhere to be found,” he added.

The flooding damaged nearly 40,000 homes and resulted in 13 deaths, according to the latest estimates.

The White House on Friday said that Obama would visit the Louisiana on Tuesday and provide assistance to the victims of the natural disaster.

Clinton said last week that she had spoken with Louisiana's governor and opted not to visit because it would be a "distraction" from relief efforts. Donald Trump and running mate Mike Pence surveyed the damage on Friday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/292119-eric-trump-father-will-focus-on-fixing-inner-cities
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Henry Noel

Re: Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:02:04 pm »
The biggest improvement will come with the tariffs, because when that happens there will be lots of manufacturing requiring unskilled labor (at fifteen bucks per hour, which will make more money available for the poor to purchase the things they're producing).
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:26:54 pm »
The biggest improvement will come with the tariffs, because when that happens there will be lots of manufacturing requiring unskilled labor (at fifteen bucks per hour, which will make more money available for the poor to purchase the things they're producing).

don't forget that flying unicorns will provide them with a steady diet of free Skittles too.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:37:38 pm »
Who on earth is buying this bullshit?  Trump cares less about "inner cities" than Obama does, and that's not at all.  Trump has a history with blacks (settled a lawsuit over racial discrimination at his New York condos)
 that is mostly no history.

And he's pimping schools in inner cities, which is another expansion of federal authority into what should be a local matter.   Trump loves big government and his "new side" is going to make sure he won't be outspent by Hillary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:38:30 pm »
Clearly Trump will help the matter, these cities suffer under Democratic leadership.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 01:41:42 pm »
don't forget that flying unicorns will provide them with a steady diet of free Skittles too.

The Amnestied illegals will be riding the unicorns.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »
Clearly Trump will help the matter, these cities suffer under Democratic leadership.

Nothing will change until the Dems are out of control in the inner cities....and only through elections can that happen.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »

What is Trump going to do if it's so "clear" to you?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 01:48:13 pm »
Nothing will change until the Dems are out of control in the inner cities....and only through elections can that happen.

Bingo. True change starts at the local level.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »
And he's pimping schools in inner cities, which is another expansion of federal authority into what should be a local matter.   Trump loves big government and his "new side" is going to make sure he won't be outspent by Hillary.

Trump thinks education is one of the top 3 duties of the federal government.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 01:52:59 pm »
Trump thinks education is one of the top 3 duties of the federal government.

Yep.  Security, education and healthcare are, according to Trump, the top three priorities of the US government.  Hillary wouldn't disagree with him.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 01:56:08 pm »
So, how much money should we continue to pump into the inner cities?  If we take Detroit as an example, for decades they tried busing and revitalizing downtown areas including the schools and it didn't work. Detroit has been rebuilt multiple times only for it to be torn down multiple times.  After billions of dollars Detroit is in shambles.  Pumping money into inner city areas alone doesn't work; if the mindset of the people doesn't change.  IMHO, Thanks to LBJ's 'Great Society' and the leftist influence in these areas that have promoted and developed a 'give me and I deserve' attitude, along with continued dependency instead of promoting in-dependency; pumping money into these areas is futile.  Putting a time frame as to how long one can receive government assistance and job creation and making people independent instead of dependent has a much better chance of working. 

Also we have to take into consideration that impact of mass migration into our inner cities...including refugees.  Right now, there is talk about the GOP placing an influx of Syrian refugees into Detroit in order to help the economy!  Did no one learn from Germany??

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/detroit-saved-by-syrian-immigrants-rick-snyder-immigration-gop-213206
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eli-day/detroit-revitalization-an_b_8529642.html
http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2015/07/24/desegregation-detroit-schools/30645637/
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/08/17/us/detroit-decline.html?_r=0
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/failing-schools-education-white-house-214332
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 01:58:17 pm »
And he's pimping schools in inner cities, which is another expansion of federal authority into what should be a local matter.   

This assertion doesn't hold water. Trump has consistently supported ending common core and returning to local control of schools. Lately he's been talking about school choice which resonates with inner city parents. He's also talked about merit pay, ending tenure, and vouchers.

A suggestion that Trump is 'pimping' an expansion of federal authority with respect to public schools rates somewhere between silly and dishonest.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »
This assertion doesn't hold water. Trump has consistently supported ending common core and returning to local control of schools.

He has not been consistent at all on those things. In fact he once flip-flopped on common core during a 3-minute speech in which he said "we're keeping common core" after calling it horrendous. lol. He stated that education was one of the top 3 responsibilities of the federal government at a nationally televised townhall or debate or something.

He has been consistent on nothing.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 02:05:41 pm »
A suggestion that Trump is 'pimping' an expansion of federal authority with respect to public schools rates somewhere between silly and dishonest.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/03/29/trump-federal-governments-top-three-functions-are-security-healthcare-and-education/

Schools are healthcare are functions of the federal government, according to Trump.

Trump has called for many expansions on federal power, he doesn't think the Bill of Rights is sacrosanct and thinks increasing the national debt is a good thing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 02:07:01 pm »
So, how much money should we continue to pump into the inner cities?  If we take Detroit as an example, for decades they tried busing and revitalizing downtown areas including the schools and it didn't work. Detroit has been rebuilt multiple times only for it to be torn down multiple times.  After billions of dollars Detroit is in shambles.  Pumping money into inner city areas alone doesn't work; if the mindset of the people doesn't change.  IMHO, Thanks to LBJ's 'Great Society' and the leftist influence in these areas that have promoted and developed a 'give me and I deserve' attitude, along with continued dependency instead of promoting in-dependency; pumping money into these areas is futile.  Putting a time frame as to how long one can receive government assistance and job creation and making people independent instead of dependent has a much better chance of working. 

Also we have to take into consideration that impact of mass migration into our inner cities...including refugees.  Right now, there is talk about the GOP placing an influx of Syrian refugees into Detroit in order to help the economy!  Did no one learn from Germany??

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/detroit-saved-by-syrian-immigrants-rick-snyder-immigration-gop-213206
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eli-day/detroit-revitalization-an_b_8529642.html
http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2015/07/24/desegregation-detroit-schools/30645637/
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/08/17/us/detroit-decline.html?_r=0
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/failing-schools-education-white-house-214332

No one is arguing the conditions of the inner city but how to change them...Trump has to convince people in the inner cities to stop voting in Dems who control the cities and purse strings ...if that can be done changes can happen and maybe without the need for more tax dollars just better management and less corruption...
Support the USO

Offline Longmire

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »
He has not been consistent at all on those things. In fact he once flip-flopped on common core during a 3-minute speech in which he said "we're keeping common core" after calling it horrendous. lol. He stated that education was one of the top 3 responsibilities of the federal government at a nationally televised townhall or debate or something.

Trump has been consistently against Common Core, it's been a staple of his campaign rhetoric.

You must have been hallucinating when you heard that.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 02:30:15 pm »
This assertion doesn't hold water. Trump has consistently supported ending common core and returning to local control of schools. Lately he's been talking about school choice which resonates with inner city parents. He's also talked about merit pay, ending tenure, and vouchers.

If you knew anything at all about Common Core, you'd understand that it was exactly about local control of schools.

The one interference from the Feds, was to "encourage" States to adopt the standards via increased Federal funding for those that did adopt it. In fact, the 1965 Elementary and Secondary Education Act forbids the Federal government from intervening in school curriculum development.

Common Core was created by the States, the standards adopted to achieve the Core's standards were created by independent firms working with State educators, the curriculums and texts are chosen by the States' school districts, and participation is completely voluntary. The fact that Indiana, one of the first States to adopt Common Core, has dropped it, along with South Carolina and Oklahoma, clearly illustrates that the "mandate" isn't a mandate at all, and that States are in complete control.

All those examples of horrid math you see on social media, are intances of local school districts simply buying bad curricula from private companies.

American students are being out performed by every other First World nations' students, and by students in a number of Second World nations, a situation created by the status quo educational system and parenting standards that existed prior to the creation of the Common Core standards. If you're looking for a cause to tilt your lance at, I'd say you'd be better off pouting it at the status quo rather than at Common Core.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 02:36:24 pm »

To make a claim that he, as President, would work to end Common Core, IS in violation of the Federal law which forbids Federal interference with State school curricula, IS an expansion of Federal authority, and a violation of the principles of Federalism involved in the creation and voluntary adoption of Common Core by participating States.

It is also proof of Trump's ignorance (or perhaps disdain) for laws and his red meat campaign tactics aimed at those easily duped and/or sadly lacking in understanding of the issues.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Longmire

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 02:37:25 pm »
Schools are healthcare are functions of the federal government, according to Trump.

The Federal government is already heavily involved in the nations schools, Trump is looking to reduce that role significantly.

Eliminating Common Core would be a big step in that direction.

Ending teacher tenure would be another.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 02:38:44 pm »
...if that can be done changes can happen and maybe without the need for more tax dollars just better management and less corruption...

Two things that would never happen with Trump

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 02:38:52 pm »
Trump has been consistently against Common Core, it's been a staple of his campaign rhetoric.

Is he running for a State governorship of for POTUS?

Is he's running for POTUS, he has no business being either for or against Common Core.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 02:41:50 pm »

The only problem with that is the conservatives have abandoned the cities. Look at Philadelphia. I think the Democrats have a 7 to 1 advantage in voter registration. If I remember correctly, Obama won something like 85% of the vote in 2012.  There aren't enough conservatives left to change that city. Those of us who are conservatives and work in the city escape to the (slightly) saner suburbs.

geronl

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 02:43:25 pm »

http://therightscoop.com/trump-flip-flop-on-common-core-is-going-viral-but-its-a-mistake-heres-proof/

Trump "misspoke", or maybe hallucinated. It's on video. Trump is always saying stupid things.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 02:48:10 pm »

The feds have almost nothing to do with Common Core and can't stop local districts from adopting it if they wish. 

And, you contradict yourself.  If Trump wants local control of schools, what business is it of his if they adopt merit pay, ending tenure and vouchers?

Can't have it both ways, pal.