Author Topic: Mike Rowe: Celebrities Only Encourage Their Fans To Vote So Liberals Will Get Elected  (Read 468 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Mike Rowe said he doesn’t think celebrities would encourage “the masses” to vote if they thought it meant a conservative would get elected.
Mike Rowe

(Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/GettyImages)

After a reader asked the 54-year-old host of “Dirty Jobs” to encourage his fans to vote in the presidential election this November, Rowe politely declined with a brutal response.

“I share your concern for our country, and agree wholeheartedly that every vote counts,” Rowe responded in a lengthy Facebook post. “However, I’m afraid I can’t encourage millions of people whom I’ve never met to just run out and cast a ballot, simply because they have the right to vote. That would be like encouraging everyone to buy an AR-15, simply because they have the right to bear arms.”...

...“Remember — there’s nothing virtuous or patriotic about voting just for the sake of voting, and the next time someone tells you otherwise, do me a favor — ask them who they’re voting for,” he added. “Then tell them you’re voting for their opponent. Then, see if they’ll give you a ride to the polls.”

“So no, Jeremy — I can’t personally encourage everyone in the country to run out and vote. I wouldn’t do it, even if I thought it would benefit my personal choice. Because the truth is, the country doesn’t need voters who have to be cajoled, enticed, or persuaded to cast a ballot. We need voters who wish to participate in the process.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/19/mike-rowe-celebrities-only-encourage-their-fans-to-vote-so-liberals-will-get-elected/

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Great!  I was going to say we should try to get Mike to run for something, but I'm afraid he's much too sensible to want to have anything to do with government.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!