Author Topic: Here’s How “President Hillary” Will Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amendment  (Read 3735 times)

Offline unknown

Here’s How “President Hillary” Will Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amendment

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/17/heres-president-hillary-will-destroy-gun-rights-without-repealing-second-amendment/

August 17, 2016
Bob Owens

Hillary Clinton is running the first presidential campaign in the history of the United States based explicitly on the gutting of a core Constitutional and human right.

Clinton has made attacking the human right of self-defense a key part of her 2016 campaign, and if she’s elected—and down-ballot Democrats manage to take control of the Senate and/or House—she’s poised to be able to destroy the gun rights of American citizens in three distinct ways.
•Place progressive, anti-gun justices on the Supreme Court
•Pass bans on a wide range of common firearms
•repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

Stacking the Supreme Court With Anti-Gun Justices

I will tell you that if she is elected, Hillary Clinton will seek to destroy not just your right, but your ability to own, trade, and shoot the most common firearms in the United States.

All of them, without exception.

This includes your bolt-action deer rifle, your pump shotgun, your grandfather’s heirloom revolver, the pistol you purchased for self defense, and the little .22 rifle you learned to shoot as a kid.

Consider yourself warned, and vote strategically to protect the Constitution and the right to bear arms against the most dangerous and corrupt  candidate to ever be nominated for President.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

BLOAT, If Hillary gets elected you will never get another chance. You saw what happened in California recently. She will do it on a national level, and it will be much much worse. See more in the article above.

If Hillary gets elected, it wont be too long afterwards, a few years or more or so, then the fun will really begin!!

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

You saw the Heller vs DC USSC decision in 2008. That decision was 5-4. By one vote. The whole country almost lost the individual right to keep and bear arms. By one vote, 60million Americans were almost made instant felons.

If Hillary gets elected it wont be too long before it will be 6-3 or more the other direction.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Come and get them.

85 million Americans. 3 billion rounds of ammunition. Good luck with that.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline unknown

Come and get them.

Is it 85 now? That is great.

But notice how they are going to regulate them out of existence. They already started that process in many states.

Look at the recent law that Obama enacted (through EO of course). Reclassifying all gunsmiths as gun manufacturers. By doing so, the gunsmiths now have to follow all the regulations, etc., and pay all appropriate taxes, fees, etc., as gun manufacturers. This will put so many out of business because they just wont want to deal with the mess.

Offline unknown

In Massachusetts, just last month, they made all all sales illegal of "what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” weapon under the assault weapons ban. Copies or duplicates of banned assault rifles, including copies of the Colt AR-15 and the Kalishnikov AK-47, are prohibited by the Massachusetts assault weapons ban."

They gave all stores a one day notice!!

STOP ALL SALES IN ONE DAY OF COLT AR-15 AND COPIES OF Colt AR-15!!

Just last July!

Offline unknown

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Nah. Hillary won't be THAT bad. I've been assured of that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:42:33 am by don-o »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It will be a lot simpler for her than getting laws that take away guns.

She will simply add a tax per bullet so few can afford to have protection.

Look at what they did to cigarettes.  Feds and states found a huge revenue stream.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Come and get them.

Exactly.

:beer:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Is it 85 now? That is great.

But notice how they are going to regulate them out of existence. They already started that process in many states.

Look at the recent law that Obama enacted (through EO of course). Reclassifying all gunsmiths as gun manufacturers. By doing so, the gunsmiths now have to follow all the regulations, etc., and pay all appropriate taxes, fees, etc., as gun manufacturers. This will put so many out of business because they just wont want to deal with the mess.

They cannot arrest all of us. Such laws are ultimately unenforceable, without creating mass civil disobedience or worse. If that's what they want, they are inviting catastrophe.  I will defend my freedom to the last breath, and there are legions just like me, people who will refuse to live as serfs in a nation that was founded upon universal principles, whose end is the rule of law and not of men. Thomas Jefferson wrote these words in our Declaration of Independence, and they are no less true today:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:33:29 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No Mao Pantsuit or judiciary or congress has the power or authority to destroy your inalienable rights in any capacity whatsoever.

You can surrender them under the color of' Law" if you so wish.

If you do, they were never inalienable rights in your worldview to begin with, just a privilege you already granted to the state.

Let them come under the color of their laws and edicts to force a surrender of said rights.

You should then understand what time it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They cannot arrest all of us.

They don't need to.  They will tax ammunition out of existence, and use civil forfeiture or tax penalties to sweep the accounts of gun owners who don't turn in their guns.  No need to come to your house at all.

They won't be able to get all of them, but for the average person, the right will no longer exist.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:38:31 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline dfwgator

Here's a question that needs to be considered.

Who is more likely to get their agenda passed,  Trump or Hillary?  I don't see anyway Trump gets much passed at all, and that's a good thing.  But Hillary,  she will have much more of a chance to get her evil agenda passed, with a complicit media and a willing Congress.

Offline unknown

Who is more likely to get their agenda passed,  Trump or Hillary?  I don't see anyway Trump gets much passed at all, and that's a good thing.  But Hillary,  she will have much more of a chance to get her evil agenda passed, with a complicit media and a willing Congress.

Obama just reclassified gunsmiths without congress. Hillary would do the same with any type of gun control she wants.

Congress will give Hillary the Supreme Court nominees she wants. That will be the real killer of the 2nd amendment and us.

Offline dfwgator

Obama just reclassified gunsmiths without congress. Hillary would do the same with any type of gun control she wants.

Congress will give Hillary the Supreme Court nominees she wants. That will be the real killer of the 2nd amendment and us.
And with Trump, at worst, we get Gridlock.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And with Trump, at worst, we get Gridlock.
No, I'm afraid not. Trump expressed support for the AWB in the past, and could just as easily go down that same road, only the GOP in Congress wouldn't even have to pretend they were resisting a Democrat.

The real danger of Trump is the support he might get from the same people who should have been fighting Obama all along.

One more reason down ticket races are critical.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

No, I'm afraid not. Trump expressed support for the AWB in the past, and could just as easily go down that same road, only the GOP in Congress wouldn't even have to pretend they were resisting a Democrat.

The real danger of Trump is the support he might get from the same people who should have been fighting Obama all along.

One more reason down ticket races are critical.

Yup

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

You saw the Heller vs DC USSC decision in 2008. That decision was 5-4. By one vote. The whole country almost lost the individual right to keep and bear arms. By one vote, 60million Americans were almost made instant felons.

If Hillary gets elected it wont be too long before it will be 6-3 or more the other direction.

The remarkable thing about the SCOTUS and the 2nd Amendment is how little the Court has said about it over the years.   After more than two centuries,  Heller is just about the only Supreme Court decision that opines on the meaning of the Amendment's predicate clause, and holds that the RTKBA is an individual right, not a collective one to be exercised by means of membership in a militia.   Post-Heller,  the focus should therefore be, as with other individual rights, the extent to which reasonable restrictions can be placed on the right.  Obviously, reasonable minds differ about that, but at least the starting point is clear - the individual right to self-defense is Constitutionally-protected. 

But Hillary wants to overturn Heller,   and with Scalia's passing the Court's balance is poised to change.   There is far more Constitutional latitude to curb gun use and ownership if Heller is overturned,  even if it isn't necessarily replaced with an affirmation of the right as merely a collective one. 

While the best solution has always been to make sure Hillary never gains the White House,  that hope is now gone.   But I think the political climate will support a Constitutional amendment that essentially codifies Heller before a Clinton SCOTUS can do its damage. 

I think this needs to the focus of Second Amendment advocates going forward - a simple,  one-sentence amendment that codifies Heller before it can be taken away.    The Constitutional amendment process - requiring ratification by two thirds of the states - is difficult but favors red-state issues because Wyoming has the same power as New York. 

A Clinton Presidency doesn't mean all is lost.  Indeed, it could be the event that galvanizes Second Amendment advocates to muster the political will to do what the SCOTUS itself avoided doing for 200 years -  make damn clear that the right to self defense is Constitutionally-protected for you, me and everyone else.     
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:22:06 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

They don't need to.  They will tax ammunition out of existence, and use civil forfeiture or tax penalties to sweep the accounts of gun owners who don't turn in their guns.  No need to come to your house at all.

They won't be able to get all of them, but for the average person, the right will no longer exist.

1. Black markets inevitably arise when government tries to prevent people from obtaining a highly desired commodity.
2. Reloaders are already plentiful, and more will follow.
3. Gun owners constitute a huge and well-organized voting bloc, as represented by the NRA, GOA and others, and we will not sit by idly if our Constitutional rights are threatened.
4. A significant number of firearms owners have already stockpiled tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition within their homes. Of course, all of my ammo was lost in a boating accident....

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
They can't keep people and drugs from coming across the border. How will they stop ammo?
Countdown to Resignation

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Not only are you 100% right about that, but Trump would be gleefully impeached and removed from office the first time he steps out of line, because members of both parties would love to see him gone.

Hillary could consume a live child on-screen and still not be removed from office.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

1. Black markets inevitably arise when government tries to prevent people from obtaining a highly desired commodity.

Yes, they do, but it will still be much more difficult and expensive to get guns, and

2. Reloaders are already plentiful, and more will follow.

You still need powder and primers.

3. Gun owners constitute a huge and well-organized voting bloc, as represented by the NRA, GOA and others, and we will not sit by idly if our Constitutional rights are threatened.

There may be enough of us now.  I certainly wouldn't guarantee we'd have a majority through four years of Hillary, and whatever comes after her.

4. A significant number of firearms owners have already stockpiled tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition within their homes. Of course, all of my ammo was lost in a boating accident....

True.  But a large number of us are just ordinary shooters who maybe only have a few hundred at a time.

Offline Charlespg

Politicians will learn you cant excise power when your dead
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline goatprairie

Here’s How “President Hillary” Will Destroy Your Gun Rights Without Repealing The Second Amendment

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/17/heres-president-hillary-will-destroy-gun-rights-without-repealing-second-amendment/

August 17, 2016
Bob Owens

Hillary Clinton is running the first presidential campaign in the history of the United States based explicitly on the gutting of a core Constitutional and human right.

Clinton has made attacking the human right of self-defense a key part of her 2016 campaign, and if she’s elected—and down-ballot Democrats manage to take control of the Senate and/or House—she’s poised to be able to destroy the gun rights of American citizens in three distinct ways.
•Place progressive, anti-gun justices on the Supreme Court
•Pass bans on a wide range of common firearms
•repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)

Stacking the Supreme Court With Anti-Gun Justices

I will tell you that if she is elected, Hillary Clinton will seek to destroy not just your right, but your ability to own, trade, and shoot the most common firearms in the United States.

All of them, without exception.

This includes your bolt-action deer rifle, your pump shotgun, your grandfather’s heirloom revolver, the pistol you purchased for self defense, and the little .22 rifle you learned to shoot as a kid.

Consider yourself warned, and vote strategically to protect the Constitution and the right to bear arms against the most dangerous and corrupt  candidate to ever be nominated for President.
She would certainly like to confiscate all private firearms, but in the end all she can do is blather. Her chances of actually being able to confiscate all private weapons are pretty slim....I mean real slim.....incredibly slim, close to zero.