Author Topic: Jeff Sessions defends Donald Trump’s conservative credentials, calls for unity  (Read 5146 times)

Offline unknown

Jeff Sessions defends Donald Trump’s conservative credentials, calls for unity

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/05/jeff-sessions-defends-donald-trumps-conservative-credentials-calls-for-unity.html/

Gromer Jeffers Jr. Follow @gromerjeffers Email gjeffers@dallasnews.com
Published: May 14, 2016

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions sought Saturday to convince Texas Republicans that Donald Trump is the conservative leader needed to change Washington.

“The American people are not happy,” the Alabama Republican told delegates at the state GOP convention in Dallas. “They are looking for something different.”

Session said Trump would properly overhaul the nation’s immigration system and secure the southern border.

“He’s going to build a wall to ensure that,” Sessions said.

Sessions said Trump, as president, would appoint conservative justices to the Supreme Court, reverse bad trade deals and rebuild the military.

“Donald Trump believes in a strong national defense,” Sessions said. “Peace through strength. That’s conservative.”

{ .. snip .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Jeff Sessions is a good, well-respected, and honorable man.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Trump has no conservative credentials

Offline Vulcan

Sessions is wrong.  The orange, liberal idiot Trump is not conservative.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who voiced support of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that. From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

Trump is a liberal, has always been a liberal and he will remain a liberal in spite of the support of the likes of Sessions.

Conservatives have been conned by the lifelong liberal Donald Trump.

geronl

Right on, Vulcan, right on.

:amen: :amen:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

...who sold his soul to a two-bit charlatan.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
...who sold his soul to a two-bit charlatan.

This isn't news.  Sessions has been a long time Trump supporter.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline unknown

The orange, liberal idiot Trump is not conservative.

I am sorry, you kinda lost me right here.    :tongue2:    88finger point

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:18:34 pm by unknown »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

This isn't news.  Sessions has been a long time Trump supporter.

Sessions has spent his entire Senate career as a junior Senator to a Democrat turned Republican. Along comes Trump who gives him the attention he thinks he deserves.

Sessions could have endorsed Cruz, but the little man's massive ego wouldn't let him support the new kid on the block who is smarter, more articulate, and more principled. Sessions sold out to self.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:25:23 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Vulcan

Sure I did.  Aren't you happy i posted that one line so you could completely ignore the unassailable facts contained in my post?

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 09:24:16 pm by Vulcan »

Offline unknown

Sure I did.  Aren't you happy i posted that one line so you could completely ignore the unassailable facts contained in my post?

You're welcome.

Yea, well, anything that starts of with "Jane, you ignorant slut," or something similar, usually isn't meant to be serious, but is meant to be comical. And I wasn't interested in reading the rest of your comical rant about nothing.

Try again if you like. But I am guessing that you wont or cant or whatever.

:tongue2:

Offline sinkspur

Sessions sold his soul to the devil Trump.  He doesn't believe half of what he says and no doubt knows Trump is going down.

He was once well-respected.  The stink of Trump will stay on him for the rest of his career.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Sen Jeff Sessions, Liberty Score 78%, a "C" (and that's before he abandoned his core beliefs)

Offline Vulcan

Try again if you like. But I am guessing that you wont or cant or whatever.

:tongue2:

Why would I need to "try again" when the facts I posted that prove Trump is a liberal (and Sessions a liar) remain in this thread and have to be refuted by anyone including you?

Twice now you have responded to me and as many times you have FAILED to address the crux of what I posted.  You may be a Trump supporter but I believe you get that as do most here.   

Again, you're welcome.

Offline unknown

Why would I need to "try again" when the facts I posted that prove Trump is a liberal (and Sessions a liar) remain in this thread and have to be refuted by anyone including you?

Twice now you have responded to me and as many times you have FAILED to address the crux of what I posted.  You may be a Trump supporter but I believe you get that as do most here.   

Again, you're welcome.

I didn't think you could... oh well...  **nononono*

Offline Vulcan

Sen Jeff Sessions, Liberty Score 78%, a "C" (and that's before he abandoned his core beliefs)

They get it, they just don't care.   

Offline Vulcan

I didn't think you could... oh well...  **nononono*

Three times now you have had opportunity to address the facts contained in my post and all three times you have failed.

If you could refute it you would.  But you can't because everything I said is true.

So be it.

Offline Vulcan

He was once well-respected.  The stink of Trump will stay on him for the rest of his career.

Exactly why anyone with even a semblance of self-respect will avoid the disaster that is the Trump campaign.

Other than blind bots, who wants to be associated with helping Hillary win? 

Silver Pines

Sessions is wrong.  The orange, liberal idiot Trump is not conservative.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who voiced support of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that. From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

Trump is a liberal, has always been a liberal and he will remain a liberal in spite of the support of the likes of Sessions.

Conservatives have been conned by the lifelong liberal Donald Trump.

@Vulcan, thanks for that post.  It proves that Jeff Sessions is just another person who beclowned himself when he came out for Trump---and continues to do so.

Offline mountaineer

Sure, let's elect Hillary. What could be the worst that could happen?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Vulcan

@Vulcan, thanks for that post.  It proves that Jeff Sessions is just another person who beclowned himself when he came out for Trump---and continues to do so.

@CatherineofAragon   Happy to do it.  It also proves that when faced with facts about how liberal their hero is, Trump supporters cannot defend him.

geronl

Where was Jeff Sessions in 2013 when Cruz and Lee tried to defund ObamaCare and McConnell led the fight to save it?

Whose side was he on?

I don't remember. He had no impact. He was not a leader on whatever side he was on.

Jeff Sessions was part of the background like John Cornyn is. Putting a finger in the wind and voting for what is sure to fail while whispering sweet nothings to McConnell....

Offline unknown

@CatherineofAragon   Happy to do it.  It also proves that when faced with facts about how liberal their hero is, Trump supporters cannot defend him.

"Jane, you ignorant slut."

:silly:

Offline Vulcan

Where was Jeff Sessions in 2013 when Cruz and Lee tried to defund ObamaCare and McConnell led the fight to save it?

Whose side was he on?

I don't remember. He had no impact. He was not a leader on whatever side he was on.

Jeff Sessions was part of the background like John Cornyn is. Putting a finger in the wind and voting for what is sure to fail while whispering sweet nothings to McConnell....

Sessions feigned temporary support of Cruz's attempt to defend Obamacare then said...

“I did not believe it was a great strategy and was not an enthusiastic proponent of the strategy,”  ~Jeff Sessions, Supporter of liberal Donald Trump

Offline corbe

Yall, particularly, you Texans, smell that..SNIFF...SNIFF that's BS. 

Sending Sen Sessions here smells like Desperation......Are Trump's poll numbers showing a Texas Contest/Loss?????

If the orangutan loses Texas He's Toast, Unless Bernie supporters pull through for him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.