Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll  (Read 18508 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2016, 12:34:17 am »
Trump had some pretty nasty associates in Atlantic City, so it is a bit premature to say that nobody has died because of Donald Trump.

Also, with the number of little people he ripped off, there could be some that committed suicide after being ruined. Not out of the realm of possibility.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2016, 12:41:30 am »
Not out of the realm of possibility.

No it isn't.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 12:49:33 am »
Can anyone here who is a nevertrump person post info on how many have died under Trump? I am really curious and want to see that info. PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT INFO ABOUT TRUMP. Links please.
Like all good criminals, he keeps those statistics from seeing the light of day.

And judging by your continued hatefest against Cruz, it's clear where some of the $13 million in unaccounted Trump spending is going.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:50:34 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2016, 01:30:35 am »
Yes a true conservative whos vote helped get TPP  move forward.

Good Lord. Are you really going to go there? Shall we play a game of "Look at the Liberal Causes Your Guy Has Championed?"

Any idea how badly you'll lose? Sheesh.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 01:34:35 am »
At least Cruz will go down in history as forwarding the TPP.

I'm beginning to wonder if you can even explain what the TPP *is*, or if you are conflating it with TPA.

I bet you can't - or if you attempt to, you will first hit Wikipedia.
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2016, 01:39:38 am »
I'm beginning to wonder if you can even explain what the TPP *is*, or if you are conflating it with TPA.

I bet you can't - or if you attempt to, you will first hit Wikipedia.

My guess is no.

The fact that they keep returning to the same handful of arguments like dogs to vomit, tells me they know only what Orange Glorious has told them before leaving them hanging with no new arguments.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 01:48:23 am »
My guess is no.

The fact that they keep returning to the same handful of arguments like dogs to vomit, tells me they know only what Orange Glorious has told them before leaving them hanging with no new arguments.

It's funny as hell because they go on and on about TPP *like leftists*... because if you've been following the TPP drama for any amount of time, the biggest complaints from the leftists is:

1. TPP (and the other trade agreements being negotiated like TTIP) is USA-centric, helping to consolidate US economic dominance.

2. The agreements put too much power in the hands of corporations, and *less* on governments who want to regulate or otherwise limit them.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2016, 02:25:58 am »
I am so sick of these stupid fricking political metaphors being used like the scribbler actually believe anyone pays attention to shit like this.

Do none of you have anything better to do??

Is not life a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?? -  Nietzsche

:smokin:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 02:30:23 am »
I am so sick of these stupid fricking political metaphors being used like the scribbler actually believe anyone pays attention to shit like this.

Do none of you have anything better to do??

Is not life a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?? -  Nietzsche

:smokin:

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longmire

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2016, 03:36:25 am »
He was also the enemy of freedom and democracy and everything good and positive.

Not a fan of dictators, but Libya was a safer more civilized place before Qadaffi was deposed.

geronl

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2016, 05:07:29 am »
Not a fan of dictators, but Libya was a safer more civilized place before Qadaffi was deposed.

At least if your name was Moammar it was.

"Repression and fear works!"

Now Trump wants to bring it to America

Offline mozilla

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2016, 05:43:22 am »
The Cruz/Ryan agenda is in free fall.

Offline DB

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2016, 06:24:38 am »
Dumb question, even when repeated in all CAPS. None have died but many have been duped and ripped off by the con man.  trump is no way fit to be POTUS is what is relevant and most non-cultists know that, even the ones who will vote for him to try and stop Hillary like several well respected members on this board. You were an early supporter of this disgrace and took part in bringing what is universally acknowledged as the worse two candidates this country has every had at a single time. The two most unpopular candidates ever.  Enjoy. I certainly am not enjoying, but will survive just fine no matter who wins as I have never left my future in the hands of others.

What did Trump's donations to Planned Parenthood buy if not dead people?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:04 am »
Can anyone here who is a nevertrump person post info on how many have died under Trump? I am really curious and want to see that info. PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT INFO ABOUT TRUMP. Links please.
Ridiculous question. Maybe you can tell me just how many people Trump has commanded in a war zone?

We both know the answer to the question, yet you would have him command the Armed Forces of the United States of America. If that happens, we'll start the counter, if that would make you happy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 06:54:21 am »
Yeah, conservatives don't pick and choose enemies according to who the popular girl in school likes.

The Bush administration was working with Gadaffi on terrorism but never had any illusions about him being a friend or ally. Gadaffi was an opportunist and a scumbag.
Gadaffi was divesting Libya of WMDs so he didn't get the Saddam treatment.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2016, 07:04:24 am »

Trump endorses Ryan. Cruz does not.

Trump and Ryan share an agenda. Cruz and Ryan do not.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 07:32:35 am »
Why the focus on Ted Cruz- I just don't get it. Cruz will win in 2018 with no problem.

Trump needs to focus on the true adversary- Hitlery. Not Cruz, not the press, the enemy of the Republic, Hitlery.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2016, 11:51:52 am »
Why the focus on Ted Cruz- I just don't get it. Cruz will win in 2018 with no problem.

Trump needs to focus on the true adversary- Hitlery. Not Cruz, not the press, the enemy of the Republic, Hitlery.

Trump has no intention of winning.  Trump's campaign is a con.  His intent all along has been to derail the conservative movement and to destroy the GOP.  His agenda becomes clearer every day and every time he opens his mouth.  There is still one person standing in the way of Clinton/Trump and that is Cruz.  IMHO, without him, the GOP will die. 

In today's landscape Cruz would easily win in 2018. Unfortunately he will probably be running against Castro and by then amnesty will be granted and we will see a huge influx of immigrants. The Hispanic vote will boost the number of DEM voters. Realistically and mathematically the GOP will be outnumbered and perhaps we will even see states like TX turn blue. Based on 2009 figures (7 years ago) the Department of Homeland Security estimated  the Hispanic population in TX is 1.68 million. The nation as a whole is said to have 10.8 million, according to the Department of Homeland Security.  Personally, I think that figure is very conservative.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-illegal-immigration-but-didnt-know-who-to-ask/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:53:23 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2016, 12:09:33 pm »

At some other sites that comment would be met with hurrahs only, but here someone might ask you what agenda would that be?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2016, 12:51:34 pm »
Like all good criminals, he keeps those statistics from seeing the light of day.

And judging by your continued hatefest against Cruz, it's clear where some of the $13 million in unaccounted Trump spending is going.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways, Statisticallly, Trump is dragged through the mud all the time here,

In avatars, being called names, being called orange whatever, statistically it is there.

Now, if one is supporting the Libertarians, one is supporting their extreme pro-choice position.

There is no hatefest of Cruz going on here. People make Cruz out to be a conservative messiah;

Intellectually disingenuous arguments by Cruz supporters ignore the fact that Cruz campaigned with Trump and was allied with Trump; but that doesn't stop the most bitter words being said to Trump.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-the-iraq-war-became-a-war-on-christians/

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
Sorry, you can't have it both ways, Statisticallly, Trump is dragged through the mud all the time here,

In avatars, being called names, being called orange whatever, statistically it is there.

Now, if one is supporting the Libertarians, one is supporting their extreme pro-choice position.

There is no hatefest of Cruz going on here. People make Cruz out to be a conservative messiah;

Intellectually disingenuous arguments by Cruz supporters ignore the fact that Cruz campaigned with Trump and was allied with Trump; but that doesn't stop the most bitter words being said to Trump.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-the-iraq-war-became-a-war-on-christians/
Start saying things about someone's wife or father and find out blood is thicker than water. No ally trashes a man's family with lies like Trump did. FWIW, I'm a Constitutionalist, NOT a Libertarian.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »

I can attest to that.  I spent a month in Tripoli 5 years ago and never felt uneasy.

Now, there is no way anyone should visit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »
How in the hell is Trump obsessed with Cruz??????????????  @Emjay  Wait I remember Trump has done nothing but post tweets talking about Cruz ever since the RNC convention. Yeah I remember now. I have read all of them. Pffft. Where did you get this idea?

Projection. It's they who were and still are obsessed with Ted Cruz. NeverTrump uses, 'obsessed with Ted Cruz' as a convenient attack line. Oooh, see! Trump is crazy insane, he's "obsessed!"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:44:50 pm by aligncare »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »

This has been discussed ad nauseam through thee months.  TPP is trade promotion authority (TPA) and comes into play is as a means of helping to get TPP passed  (fast tracking the bill). Those opposed to TPP tend to be opposed to TPA.  (except of course, Ted Cruz)