Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll  (Read 18585 times)

Offline CSM

Re: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2016, 07:23:10 pm »
Intellectually disingenuous arguments by Cruz supporters ignore the fact that Cruz campaigned with Trump and was allied with Trump; but that doesn't stop the most bitter words being said to Trump.

If Trump and Cruz were truly allies, then that speaks even more poorly for Trump.  I couldn't think of a worse political ally!

Sure, America and Israel are officially allies, however when Obama made Netanyahu exit out the rear of the White House, I'm guessing that he knew there was no real commitment from this administration.  Netanyahu realized that Israel was on her own!

Allies should behave better than either Trump or Obama has behaved.

"With allies like that, who needs enemies!"

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2016, 12:48:22 pm »
It is a little deceiving in that some other groups are significantly influenced by oil, construction for example.

But in our complete system, when oil/gas prices fall, refinery and petrochem often pick up.  One wants top dollar for their production, the other benefits from low feedstock prices.

Worked my entire career in the petrochemical industry, and word at the time was that each dollar earned at the plants turned over 18 times in the community.  Your comment on oil's impact (2%) was a bit understated.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2016, 12:53:00 pm »
Your comment on oil's impact (2%) was a bit understated.

~2% was the number of jobs in the industry.  I did not say 2% impact on the economy. That is measured data, not an opinion.  And I also said it was misleading since categories like construction get work from oil business.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2016, 02:14:57 pm »

The Oppression is Bliss Club meets monthly at Denny's, this weeks lecture is "Freedom is Ugly, Long Live Supression!"

That is an appropriate venue for that group, as the proponent of Target's reaching out to Transexuals via its bathroom policy is also on Denny's board.

https://corporate.target.com/press/leadership/laysha-l-ward
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2016, 02:21:54 pm »
Ever make it to Balikpapan? I helped start up a big gas plant there in the 80's.

Never made it to Kalimantan.

I worked Texaco for CPI(Caltex), and most of our work was in Central Sumatra in the Minas/Duri complex in the jungle, and into Jakarta.  Visits only, not living there.  My wife decided she was not amenable with jungle life.

There was a lot of gas there on Borneo, and I recall it was being produced by Huffington and Unocal back then.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2016, 07:46:43 pm »
I think Ted's learned a valuable lesson in this election cycle.

Trump held up a circus funhouse mirror to his primary campaign, showing him what it could have devolved into with the slightest of pushes.

I think Ted will be more of a team player in the next Congress.

Senate leadership is more likely to shift more toward Cruz.

If by some magical chance tRump gets elected POTUS, Cruz will already have proven to be one that can stand up to tRump. The slimy intimidation tactics won't play quite so well in internal DC politics and tRump will make plenty of empowered enemies as he would probably snuggly up with Nasty Peelousi just to find any friend in the storm.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2016, 08:47:39 pm »
Take this poll after Trump melts down or if Hillary comes within  5 points of beating him in Texas.

Ted Cruz had and has nothing to do with Trump's buffoonery.

Ted Cruz will be president in 2020.  This is all trump BS and the trumpers are pushing it like there was no tomorrow ... and, by the way, there will be no tomorrow for Trump.

You can credit Trump and his deluded followers for this continuing crap about Ted losing popularity.  He is not running for anything for two more years yet he dwells in the head of Trump and his zombies.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2016, 08:52:27 pm »
Quote from Tom Sea:  "Intellectually disingenuous arguments by Cruz supporters ignore the fact that Cruz campaigned with Trump and was allied with Trump; but that doesn't stop the most bitter words being said to Trump."

I know you love Trump but try not to stretch the truth so much.  Cruz never campaigned with Trump nor was he ever a Trump ally.  He did hold his fire at first ... in fact, Cruz didn't criticize any of the other candidates much at all.

Trump lost all honor and credibility when he viciously attacked Cruz and lied about him and his family.  After beating Cruz over the head about Heidi having a real job (as opposed to being a nude model) at Goldman Sachs, Trump has now hired TWO former Goldman Sachs people and none of the trumpers have seemed to notice.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2016, 08:53:50 pm »
He is not running for anything for two more years yet he dwells in the head of Trump and his zombies.

Offline Leto

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:15 pm »
Yes Cruz tends to lean towards globalist themes.

Trump is crashing and burning all on his own, the whining about Cruz notwithstanding. Trump is a life long lib playing at being a conservative, Trump had negatives flirting around 70% before Cruz ever challenged him, people knew and most disliked before he ever ran.

But the narcissist Trump can't deal with that.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Longmire

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2016, 06:08:31 pm »
Cruz never campaigned with Trump nor was he ever a Trump ally. 
@TomSea Never happened.

Offline DB

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2016, 08:54:08 pm »
@TomSea Never happened.

Well if that's evidence of what you say then Trump was an ally of Hillary. There's plenty of pictures of them together and Trump telling everyone how she'd make a "great" President and how she "worked hard" and was a "great" senator and secretary of state. He donated money to her senate run. Isn't that what actual allies do?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »
@DB Apples and broccoli

geronl

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »
Constitutional Conservatives are now the enemy of the Trump Cult. They cannot see the Constitution being a higher authority than their new orange God. The Constitution is an impediment and we "Constitution-lovers" are the new enemy.

Offline DB

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2016, 09:02:44 pm »
@DB Apples and broccoli

Well a Tea Party event isn't really a Trump or Cruz event is it. So you started with the Apples and broccoli.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:43 pm »
@geronl 

Constitutional conservatives are in crisis...their losing strategy has been exposed.

Trump is a convenient whipping boy.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2016, 09:10:06 pm »
Well a Tea Party event isn't really a Trump or Cruz event is it.

Cruz invited Trump to the event, they appeared together, someone took photos, the end.  :seeya:

geronl

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2016, 09:20:37 pm »
@geronl 

Constitutional conservatives are in crisis...their losing strategy has been exposed.

Trump is the one who promised to destroy the Republican Party. The Trump Cult want to rip the Constitution and the system the founders gave us to shreds in favor of a dictatorship.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2016, 11:07:12 pm »
@geronl 

You're making no sense. What 'losing strategy'?

Offline beandog

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2016, 11:26:10 pm »
Cruz invited Trump to the event, they appeared together, someone took photos, the end.  :seeya:
Well the Donald invited the Clintons to his third wedding , someone took photos.  Therefore, the Donald must be a Clinton supporter, the end. :seeya:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:35 pm »
@geronl 

Are you defending Trump over the Constitution?
If so, I think I might see the problem.
I really don't see how backing the 'law of the land' and the very foundation of this country is a 'losing strategy', unless the goal is to do away with the foundation our very country is supposed to rest on. You don't have to be a civil engineer to tell what fate awaits anything constructed without a foundation.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:51 am »
Are you defending Trump over the Constitution?

No, I'm saying folks that identify as Constitutional conservatives are in a crisis because their losing strategy has been exposed.

Trump is just a convenient whipping boy...just as any nominee not named Cruz would be.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2016, 12:45:45 am »
Well the Donald invited the Clintons to his third wedding , someone took photos.  Therefore, the Donald must be a Clinton supporter, the end.

By that logic Cruz is a Clinton supporter also.  :laugh:

Offline beandog

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2016, 12:48:25 am »

By that logic Cruz is a Clinton supporter also.  :laugh:
Only in the illogical mind of a tRumpkin fan.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2016, 12:54:06 am »
No, I'm saying folks that identify as Constitutional conservatives are in a crisis because their losing strategy has been exposed.

Trump is just a convenient whipping boy...just as any nominee not named Cruz would be.
Sheesh! Talk about one trick ponies. Is this the latest Trumpism? That he's just a whipping boy?  :silly:
That child of privilege and wealth may have had a few whipping boys, but he's never been one. 

What "losing strategy"? The Constitution? If you view that as a losing strategy, let me be the first to invite you to pick some other country and go there. and stay.

I'm voting for Darrell Castle, of The Constitution Party. I would have preferred Cruz, who would get a lot more votes because, you know, "R", but I found a constitutional conservative candidate still in the race. If you want to vote for one of the New York Liberals, well, that'll be all our problem, but you will own a share of that stock. I won't.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis