Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll  (Read 18494 times)

Offline flowers

http://americanlookout.com/ted-cruzs-ship-taking-on-water-in-texas-according-to-latest-poll/?tgp=1

Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: People's Pundit Daily

Uh-Oh! Ted should have never made a spectacle of himself at the RNC, and maybe kept his promise to support the nominee because now, it seems, it has come back to bite him. The once extremely popular senator is no more than the lesser of the evils in his home state, in his senate race. At least that’s what the results of the latest in state poll show.

CBS/DFW reports that Texans are smarting a bit over the recent Cruz behavior and they’re letting him know it.

Sen. Ted Cruz won the Republican presidential primary in Texas with nearly 44 percent of the vote. But most voters now do not think very highly of the U.S. lawmaker, according to the latest KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll numbers which were released on Thursday.

52% of people now view the senator as “Very Unfavorable” across all demographics.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:06:01 pm »
Take this poll after Trump melts down or if Hillary comes within  5 points of beating him in Texas.

Ted Cruz had and has nothing to do with Trump's buffoonery.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 06:12:37 pm »
Take this poll after Trump melts down or if Hillary comes within  5 points of beating him in Texas.

Ted Cruz had and has nothing to do with Trump's buffoonery.

I hope you are right. Cruz is a good man, and one of the few good ones left in Washington. He never deserved to meet Trump.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:13:13 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 06:15:57 pm »
Still has a long way to go to reach Trump's unfavorables!

Of course, why pay attention to the PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE named Trump whose ship is sinking? Everyone look at Cruz!

You're using the Chewbacca defense. "Look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey!"

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 06:24:47 pm »
This deserves the double-facepalm award for extreme irrelevance.

Cruz isn't up for re-election this cycle.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:30:44 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »
Why the focus on Ted Cruz- I just don't get it. Cruz will win in 2018 with no problem.

Trump needs to focus on the true adversary- Hitlery. Not Cruz, not the press, the enemy of the Republic, Hitlery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 06:29:13 pm »
If us #NeverTrumps are going to be blamed for Trump losing, It's trump and his followers that are going to take sole responsibility for Republicans losing the Senate.  Trump supporters are mad at Cruz for what he did not do, OK I get it, but is it worth helping us lose a Senate seat to the Democrats?  Just today I find 4 anti-Cruz post on my Facebook page posted by Republicans. Zero anti-Hillary.     Its a self inflicted gunshot would to the head, just because we don't like the pimple at the end of our nose.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 06:29:40 pm »
So.. Since the convention, Cruz' ratings show about 47% see him in a more favorable light or their opinion was unchanged. 

Yawn.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 06:30:29 pm »
It's way early to be thinking about the re-election of Ted Cruz, he's busy being a conservative Senator.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »
Why the focus on Ted Cruz- I just don't get it. Cruz will win in 2018 with no problem.

Trump needs to focus on the true adversary- Hitlery. Not Cruz, not the press, the enemy of the Republic, Hitlery.

Ted Cruz is a real, bona-fide conservative and this is what the Trumpers hate the most.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »

Trumpbots can not stop looking at the bright light!
They are fixated on the striking contrast Cruz gives in any comparison to tRump and are vainly hoping they can make Cruz disappear.

Cruz will win Senate re-election, why? because still most Texans have enough common sense to see his great value to Texas and America.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 07:40:02 pm »
Ted Cruz is a real, bona-fide conservative and this is what the Trumpers hate the most.
:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 07:49:25 pm »
Yes a true conservative whos vote helped get TPP  move forward.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 08:22:15 pm »
Trumpbots can not stop looking at the bright light!
They are fixated on the striking contrast Cruz gives in any comparison to tRump and are vainly hoping they can make Cruz disappear.

Cruz will win Senate re-election, why? because still most Texans have enough common sense to see his great value to Texas and America.

I think Ted's learned a valuable lesson in this election cycle.

Trump held up a circus funhouse mirror to his primary campaign, showing him what it could have devolved into with the slightest of pushes.

I think Ted will be more of a team player in the next Congress.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 08:23:47 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »
The vile way Trump and his supporters have targeted Cruz and now seek to punish him for not endorsing Trump shows all anyone needs to know about Trump's character and precisely why he is unfit to be given the power of the Presidency.  Trump is pathologically vindictive and he incites the same sort of vile behavior in others.  Keep it up.  You are only proving us right.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ted Cruz. 2 years is a lifetime in politics and Trump will be yesterday's news by then.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 08:44:59 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much about Ted Cruz. 2 years is a lifetime in politics and Trump will be yesterday's news by then.

Cruz is going to look like a prophet in November after Trump crashes and burns in the election.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

geronl

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 08:48:50 pm »

I think Ted will be more of a team player in the next Congress.

No, he and Sen. Lee are the team. They are the conservatives in the Senate we should be supporting.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 08:49:48 pm »
The vile way Trump and his supporters have targeted Cruz and now seek to punish him for not endorsing Trump shows all anyone needs to know about Trump's character and precisely why he is unfit to be given the power of the Presidency. 

When these people claim to be conservatives, the response should be laughter

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »
I don't know if Cruz is that much more conservative on the issues, CR seems to be run by Mark Levine who give those ratings.  The one bill Cruz passed was a bipartisan effort, he has not forced any conservative bills through congress and gotten them signed.

Cruz's wife was in CFR, pushed for the North American Community with Mexico and Canada.

Cruz has wanted to issue more green cards, H1B1 visas and flopped around on the immigration issue.

I mean, someone was posting about George Soros, CFR is a quite dangerous organization as well.

Loans from Goldman Sachs that were not fully declared during the campaign.
Dole Is Conservative, Cruz Is Not
David Jenkinis, Conservatives for Responsible Stewardship.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-jenkins/ted-cruz-bob-dole_b_4946245.html

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 10:00:13 pm »
I don't know if Cruz is that much more conservative on the issues, CR seems to be run by Mark Levine who give those ratings.  The one bill Cruz passed was a bipartisan effort, he has not forced any conservative bills through congress and gotten them signed.

Cruz's wife was in CFR, pushed for the North American Community with Mexico and Canada.

Cruz has wanted to issue more green cards, H1B1 visas and flopped around on the immigration issue.

I mean, someone was posting about George Soros, CFR is a quite dangerous organization as well.

Yes Cruz tends to lean towards globalist themes.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »

You worship a man who has thrived by being a crony capitalist, using government to grant favors to his business.

Trump was a globalist in 2013 when he said this:

"We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-in-2013-leave-borders-1467213683-htmlstory.html

You are being conned by a chameleon who is saying what you want to hear.  It's apparently not what most people want to hear, though.

Still talking about Cruz indicates how vacuous some Trump supporters are.

Why aren't you out there trashing the media like your boy? 

The CFR is not "dangerous."  It's just a bunch of people getting together and talking about world affairs and issuing position papers.  Nothing happens as a result of anything the CFR does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 10:27:45 pm »

One conservative Senator cannot force bill through a liberal-dominated Senate. He has people like McConnell and Sessions fighting to stop anything conservative from passing. Notice that these establishment guys are both on Team Trump.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »

You worship a man who has thrived by being a crony capitalist, using government to grant favors to his business.

No, I don't worship a man, I support the party as I have done for 25 years or more.

Trump was a globalist in 2013 when he said this:

"We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability."

That's a fairly open statement as to interpretation; yes, we have international trade.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-updates-donald-trump-in-2013-leave-borders-1467213683-htmlstory.html

You are being conned by a chameleon who is saying what you want to hear.  It's apparently not what most people want to hear, though.

1. Fight Terrorism, 2. Secure the borders, 3. America First; not necessarily in this order. This is not a con-game.

Still talking about Cruz indicates how vacuous some Trump supporters are.
Ad Hom attack, excuse me, are you the owner of the forum? Cruz campaigned with Trump, plenty of articles on their bromance is out there, they were outright allies.

Why aren't you out there trashing the media like your boy? 

Ad hom attacks again, sure, Newt Gingrich said Do not trust the mainstream media. Sorry you disagree.

The CFR is not "dangerous."  It's just a bunch of people getting together and talking about world affairs and issuing position papers.  Nothing happens as a result of anything the CFR does.

This makes it sound like you are really just defend the Establishment. Well, your boy George Bush and his neo-cons like Krauthammer, Shapiro and others got the US into a war that saw Christian persecution.  There is no blood on Trump's hands despite any hand ringing

But supporting the party, I supported Bush who ran as a Conservative. I supported McCain, Romney and now Trump;

As to persons such as veteran of two Iraq tours, Tom Cotton, Senator Arkansas, Jeff Sessions and many others.  If one wants to say these people are not conservatives, so be it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »
Cruz campaigned with Trump, shared similar views, allied himself with Trump.

I voted for Cruz all the same but I think it is inconsistent where as Cruz supporters continually trash Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 10:50:04 pm »
This deserves the double-facepalm award for extreme irrelevance.

Cruz isn't up for re-election this cycle.

Tell that to Trump.  He's obsessed with Cruz.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.