Author Topic: Suspicions Confirmed: Trump’s Campaign Was A Pre-Planned Con Job  (Read 22565 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Suspicions Confirmed: Trump’s Campaign Was A Pre-Planned Con Job
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2016, 05:08:08 pm »
It is a tough one. No doubt. Here is where I am on this most difficult question.

I live in a state that will vote republican. No problem, the republican will win this state. Therefore, I know that I don't have to vote republican, but I can vote for Constitution Party, as I have in the last who know how many elections. This allows my state to go Republican, and yet my vote will hopefully continue to support a 3rd party.

For those people that don't live in a state that will go Republican. Well, that is a tough call. I certainly cannot fault anyone for voting their conscience. God will give is our leaders. We have to do our due diligence and vote, and let God determine what our fate may be. More judgement sent down on us, a reprieve from His judgement, or possibly the start of reformation - His call. I just live here at His good service.

If I lived in a swing state, well, in this case I would probably vote for Trump. I am absolutely deeply afraid of Hillary. I thought Obama would have been more like Bill Clinton, so in swing states I may have voted Constitution Party, but now I cannot believe the damage that Obama has done (and yes, with a complicit republican congress.) And I am absolutely certain that Hillary will far, far worse than Obama. I firmly believe this country will not be able to survive a Hillary presidency, I do believe we be able to survive a Trump presidency. I believe that Trump will break the current corruption hold by both parties; and yes, he may bring in a new corruption, but maybe not, we really don't know. But we definitely know the evil that Hillary has and will bring.

And, I could all be wrong, with all of this. But this is where I am.

I understand the thought process.  I have an extreme disagreement with voting for someone based on who someone else will vote for, and that is essentially what you are suggesting for people (whom I am one of) that live in a swing state.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2016, 05:16:46 pm »
It is a tough one. No doubt. Here is where I am on this most difficult question.

I live in a state that will vote republican. No problem, the republican will win this state. Therefore, I know that I don't have to vote republican, but I can vote for Constitution Party, as I have in the last who know how many elections. This allows my state to go Republican, and yet my vote will hopefully continue to support a 3rd party.

For those people that don't live in a state that will go Republican. Well, that is a tough call. I certainly cannot fault anyone for voting their conscience. God will give is our leaders. We have to do our due diligence and vote, and let God determine what our fate may be. More judgement sent down on us, a reprieve from His judgement, or possibly the start of reformation - His call. I just live here at His good service.

If I lived in a swing state, well, in this case I would probably vote for Trump. I am absolutely deeply afraid of Hillary. I thought Obama would have been more like Bill Clinton, so in swing states I may have voted Constitution Party, but now I cannot believe the damage that Obama has done (and yes, with a complicit republican congress.) And I am absolutely certain that Hillary will far, far worse than Obama. I firmly believe this country will not be able to survive a Hillary presidency, I do believe we be able to survive a Trump presidency. I believe that Trump will break the current corruption hold by both parties; and yes, he may bring in a new corruption, but maybe not, we really don't know. But we definitely know the evil that Hillary has and will bring.

And, I could all be wrong, with all of this. But this is where I am.
By the same token, someone who lives in a State which will definitely go Democrat, could vote third party (I, too, prefer the Constitution Party at this point), without qualm. It will not affect the current electoral result, but will help bring the Constitution Party into the limelight.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2016, 05:19:42 pm »
I understand the thought process.  I have an extreme disagreement with voting for someone based on who someone else will vote for, and that is essentially what you are suggesting for people (whom I am one of) that live in a swing state.

I understand. I can accept your honest position on that.

I also have looked at the positions that Trump has stated during this election process. I am creating a specific time window for his defined policies as being since he declared his candidacy and not before. Just looking at his polices in over that last year, they look pretty good and mostly solid conservative.

Now, if you look at the man delivering those policies during the last year, he obviously has some serious flaws.

This is what I see. So, this is another reason why I believe in a swing I could vote for him. If others decide that his character flaws are too great for them to vote for him, I fully respect that position.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2016, 05:23:22 pm »
A voter in a swing state doesn't have the same luxury to vote third party and avoid a distasteful "lesser of two evils" vote.

The swing state voter not only has to directly confront the "lesser of two evils" choice, but also, more fundamentally, decide what is right and moral when one of those evils is worse than other.  The easy response is to decline to vote for "evil",  whether lesser or greater.   But if one is convinced, as I am, that one of these evils is significantly worse than the other,  is it irresponsible to decline to vote to affirmatively defeat that evil?  Clearly,  a vote for Clinton is a more effective means of stopping Trumpism than a vote for Gary Johnson.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline unknown

« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2016, 05:23:52 pm »
By the same token, someone who lives in a State which will definitely go Democrat, could vote third party (I, too, prefer the Constitution Party at this point), without qualm. It will not affect the current electoral result, but will help bring the Constitution Party into the limelight.

Yes. For me, if it will truly go Democrat, I would agree with this position.

For me, if there was any indication that maybe this state would swing for the first time to Republican, then I would reconsider and possibly vote Trump.

But I would respect the position that anyone has with their voting thought process; as long as they work it through thoughtfully and prayerfully. God will give us who He wants us to have, but I believe we do need to vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:32 pm »
A voter in a swing state doesn't have the same luxury to vote third party and avoid a distasteful "lesser of two evils" vote.

The swing state voter not only has to directly confront the "lesser of two evils" choice, but also, more fundamentally, decide what is right and moral when one of those evils is worse than other.  The easy response is to decline to vote for "evil",  whether lesser or greater.   But if one is convinced, as I am, that one of these evils is significantly worse than the other,  is it irresponsible to decline to vote to affirmatively defeat that evil?  Clearly,  a vote for Clinton is a more effective means of stopping Trumpism than a vote for Gary Johnson.

I don't believe Trump to be "evil."
I do believe Clinton to be "evil."

This is where I can in good conscience deliver a vote to Trump, if I felt it necessary.

If I did believe Trump to be "evil," then there is no way I could vote Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2016, 05:30:21 pm »

I understand your point @Jazzhead, but disagree with your conclusion.  I'm in a swing state, and I view both candidates as equally evil (though Trump is less predictable, and potentially more dangerous).   But I have come to the conclusion that, regardless of my location, I need to vote in a manner that keeps my conscience clear, and that means not voting either for Trump or Hillary.

As a pro-lifer, I don't see any way to vote for Johnson, though I wish I could, so I am most likely to either leave the top spot blank, or vote Castle if he makes it on the Ohio ballot.

As I see it, voting against my conscience because of my location is a form of "situation" ethics, and I can't do it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2016, 05:32:21 pm »
My thought has been this for several election cycles;  why should I vote for someone I don't like and why should I vote for someone who I think won't benefit this country? I don't like Hillary and I don't think she will be beneficial to this country, therefore I will not vote for her.  I don't like Trump, nor do I think he will be beneficial to this country, therefore I will not vote for him either.  I like Cruz, I know that he would be beneficial to this country, therefore I will write him in.  This notion of voting for the lesser of two evils, or voting for one so the other doesn't get in is really ridiculous and frankly illogical. To me there is no logic in voting for someone you can't stand and/or who you feel will be destructive to the country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »

True to a point, but as we have been repeatedly  assured, not voting for Trump  isa vote for Clinton.

Might as well vote for Johnson or Castle (Constitution Party, my personal preference) at the same time.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:38:09 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2016, 06:50:49 pm »
Balderdash! The ONLY reason Trump is the republican nominee is that the media gave him anything he wanted until he was nominated and millions of  crossover democrats voted for him in republican primaries!
So what? [if it happens to be true] If they vote for him in the general all the better. That means they hate Hillary. :0

Also remember all those disenfranchised and first time voters. They don't show up in polls... only likely voters.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:52:34 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2016, 06:53:54 pm »
I don't believe Trump to be "evil."
I do believe Clinton to be "evil."

This is where I can in good conscience deliver a vote to Trump, if I felt it necessary.

If I did believe Trump to be "evil," then there is no way I could vote Trump.

He's the same as Hillary. Just ask any of these Nevers.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2016, 08:05:49 pm »
So what? [if it happens to be true] If they vote for him in the general all the better. That means they hate Hillary. :0
Crossover voters? And if they don't, a whole chunk of his apparent primary voters laugh all the way to the polls to vote for Hillary (or Johnson).

Also remember all those disenfranchised and first time voters. They don't show up in polls... only likely voters.
And many of them are freshly influenced by college professors who are almost universally Liberals. If they can't have the Bern, they'll go for the next most Communist thing.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:25 pm »
He's the same as Hillary. Just ask any of these Nevers.

No.  His unpredictability makes him worse because his unpredictability makes him more dangerous.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2016, 08:23:28 pm »
No.  His unpredictability makes him worse because his unpredictability makes him more dangerous.   

Combine that with the fact that there is absolutely nothing his fans won't condone or encourage.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2016, 12:36:31 am »
It's not a matter of Trump being more dangerous or less dangerous than Hillary or the lesser of two evils.  The point IS, his entire campaign was a pre-planned CON job.  He deliberately hijacked the conservative movement and the GOP in order to hand the White House to Hillary period. At this point in time, according to the polls, the MSM, etc., Trump is losing. He never had any intention of beating Hillary.

By all means vote your conscience, but most importantly VOTE DOWN BALLOT!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2016, 01:20:09 am »
It's not a matter of Trump being more dangerous or less dangerous than Hillary or the lesser of two evils.  The point IS, his entire campaign was a pre-planned CON job.  He deliberately hijacked the conservative movement and the GOP in order to hand the White House to Hillary period. At this point in time, according to the polls, the MSM, etc., Trump is losing. He never had any intention of beating Hillary.

Well said, and worth repeating.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2016, 02:44:36 am »

:patriot: :beer: :amen:

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2016, 02:51:49 am »
Well said, and worth repeating.

Hopefully Trump supporters will begin opening their eyes.  It's still hard to believe that six months ago the GOP had everything going for them. I was so wrong. I was confident that the GOP would actually win this election and we would have a president who would be a decent leader for our country; and instead we wound up with Clinton/Trump!

Oceander

« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2016, 02:54:24 am »
Hopefully Trump supporters will begin opening their eyes.  It's still hard to believe that six months ago the GOP had everything going for them. I was so wrong. I was confident that the GOP would actually win this election and we would have a president who would be a decent leader for our country; and instead we wound up with Clinton/Trump!

goopo

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2016, 04:06:49 am »

They were/are MUCH more afraid of the REAL outsider than they are of losing to Hillary!

They have sown the wind and will now reap the whirlwind!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:07:35 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2016, 12:58:15 am »
They were/are MUCH more afraid of the REAL outsider than they are of losing to Hillary!

They have sown the wind and will now reap the whirlwind!

**Bump**  I think it's important to keep this circulating; Trump is a con, a liberal and a fraud.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2016, 01:25:46 am »
The media hates him, the Democrats hate him and the GOPe hates him.

And so does everybody else, so what's your point?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2016, 01:41:58 am »

Meh. Too much strategery.
Vote your conscience. It is the tool our founders expected you to rely upon. then let the chips fall where they may

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2016, 01:45:33 am »
Meh. Too much strategery.
Vote your conscience. It is the tool our founders expected you to rely upon. then let the chips fall where they may

Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience. -George Washington

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2016, 02:23:35 am »

As a pro-lifer, I don't see any way to vote for Johnson, though I wish I could, so I am most likely to either leave the top spot blank, or vote Castle if he makes it on the Ohio ballot.

See the article from NRO I posted an excerpt of to the Libertarian Campaign thread.  It argues that under present circumstances, because he supports returning the matter to the states and regards Roe v. Wade as wrongly decided, and objects to Federal funding of abortions, Gary Johnson, despite his personal policy view in favor of easy access to abortion is the optimal choice for pro-life conservatives.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.