Author Topic: Donald Trump tries to walk back claim Obama founded ISIS: 'Sarcasm'  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Donald Trump tries to walk back claim Obama founded ISIS: 'Sarcasm'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/politics/donald-trump-obama-clinton-isis-founder-sarcasm/index.html

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump on Friday attempted to walk back the widely criticized false claim he repeatedly made over the last two days that President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were "co-founders" of ISIS -- saying he was being sarcastic.

Trump tweeted Friday morning that the media was missing his sarcasm.

"Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?" Trump wrote.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/764045345332396032?lang=en

I really am beginning to think that I need to file a patent for the Little Fingered Donnie Secret Decoder Ring™

Or maybe something like the Magic 8 Ball – The Donnie 8 Ball.  Ask Donald about any statement he’s made and then shake the ball – it will tell you whether he was serious, just joking or being sarcastic. But all the answers would come up as “Reply hazy try again, “Ask again later”, “Better not tell you now”, “Cannot predict now”, “Concentrate and ask again” and mostly it would say “Don't count on it”.

:silly:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline r9etb

Re: Donald Trump tries to walk back claim Obama founded ISIS: 'Sarcasm'
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 12:10:12 pm »
Oh, for heaven's sake.  Twitter?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  23m23 minutes ago
stuart stevens Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Republican's are starting to realize Trump  just cares about saying crazy stuff to get attention. He's not running a campaign
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:48:57 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 04:13:11 pm »

Sarcasm? All one needs to do is pull up that Hewitt interview, and Trump clearly states that he means what he says about Obama being the literal founder of ISIS

Now that he’s seeing it damaging him, he suddenly just flip flops, accusing CNN of making it up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:22:33 pm »

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:31:54 pm »

Trump doesn't need to walk this back. This is what everyone is thinking. And this is what has actually happened.

And Clinton wasn't guilty and shouldn't be charged because she didn't mishandle any classified documents - yeah right. Everyone knows she should be thrown in the slammer. Comey prosecuted previous individuals for much lesser mishandling than Clinton, but as Comey said "(I value my life and the life of my family), therefore, no reasonable person would bring up actual charges to try to prosecute Hillary."

So, Obama and Hillary did create ISIS. But no reasonable person would actually say it, because it is politically incorrect to say this; and as we know, only reasonable persons are politically correct. Except Trump. He, and we, don't have time to be politically correct. This statement from Trump should not, and needs not to be walked back. It needs to be doubled down!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:33:12 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »
So, Obama and Hillary did create ISIS. But no reasonable person would actually say it, because it is politically incorrect to say this
Trump said Obama "FOUNDED ISIS"  It is not only politically incorrect, it is factually vacuous.

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:51:33 pm »
Trump said Obama "FOUNDED ISIS"  It is not only politically incorrect, it is factually vacuous.

found
verb

past tense: founded; past participle: founded

1. establish or originate (an institution or organization), especially by providing an endowment.
"the monastery was founded in 1665"

synonyms: establish, set up, start (up), begin, get going, institute, inaugurate, launch, float, form, create, bring into being, originate, develop
"she founded her company in 2002"

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 07:25:48 pm »
Trump doesn't need to walk this back. This is what everyone is thinking. And this is what has actually happened.

It is not what actually happened.  And Trump's stupid "sarcasm" excuse makes it even worse.  The man is a danger to himself.

Hugh Hewitt tried very hard to get Trump to say the right thing.  And stupid Trump obviously didn't take the hint, even though it's exactly what he should be saying.

He could be saying that Obama and Hillary did enable ISIS, and did not take ISIS seriously despite warnings from their own people.  They could have nipped ISIS in the bud, but their focus was on political points rather than on doing the right thing. 

And this is just one of many examples of the lack of seriousness that has left the Middle East in flames, and American foreign policy in shambles across the world.

As I say: Trump could have said that.  But he's apparently too stupid to do so.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »

It is sophist to make an issue of the word "founded."   Obama and Hillary very much created that vile organization,  and the word "founded"  is a simple way to convey the concept.   

The statement that Obama and Hillary "founded"  ISIS,  is as close to factually accurate as you can get. 

Do you not know how ISIS came about?  (The last "S"  means "Syria." )

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »
The folks at TOS think this a brilliant move. Nuff said... :thud:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 07:46:03 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 07:50:02 pm »

He could be saying that Obama and Hillary did enable ISIS, and did not take ISIS seriously despite warnings from their own people.  They could have nipped ISIS in the bud, but their focus was on political points rather than on doing the right thing. 

And this is just one of many examples of the lack of seriousness that has left the Middle East in flames, and American foreign policy in shambles across the world.

And once again,  I am presented with an example of where people discussing an issue apparently know less about it than myself.   

Obama pulled our troops out of Iraq,  despite the efforts of intelligent and knowledgeable people telling him not to do this.   Saddam Hussein's insurgents were not completely destroyed.   They were still "out there"  waiting for an opportunity to reestablish power in their Sunni Stronghold in the North of Iraq. 

Affirmative Action fool  Obama decided that since George Bush toppled a dictator,  then he would try to do so as well,  and set his sights on attempting to take out Bashar Al Assad by arming Syrian rebels fighting against Assad.   Benghazi Libya was a trans-shipment point for massive amounts of US Supplied secret weaponry destined to aid the Syrian Rebels in their overthrow of Bashar al Assad.   Just think of it as a "Fast And Furious"  Middle Eastern style.

Well guess what happened when President Idiot's weapons reached Syria?   If you guessed  "they formed the foundation for the armed force known as *ISIS*"   then go to the head of the class. 

ISIS is made up of a leadership contingent of Saddam Hussein's former officer corps,   with regular soldiers being formed from Muslim extremist volunteers,  coerced members,   and contingents of the Rebels attempting to overthrow Bashar al Assad.   

But they developed other ideas.   

Yes,  President Idiot created ISIS.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 07:52:47 pm »

It is sophist to make an issue of the word "founded."   Obama and Hillary very much created that vile organization,  and the word "founded"  is a simple way to convey the concept.   

Only if words no longer have meaning is it "sophistry" to hold Trump to the dictionary definition. 

Hewitt gave Trump ample opportunity to clarify, and Trump did not.  And now he claims it was only "sarcasm," so apparently he didn't mean it after all.

Unless you decide that it's also "sophistry" to hold him to the definition of sarcasm.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 07:53:41 pm »

And once again,  I am presented with an example of where people discussing an issue apparently know less about it than myself.   

Clearly you're smarter than everybody in the room.  So much smarter.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 07:57:36 pm »
Clearly you're smarter than everybody in the room.  So much smarter.

And one way you can tell is by looking at how I address the primary point of a discussion,  and generally ignore the irrelevant side issue crap.   

I also try to make a habit of not getting involved in a discussion until I have a bit of background on the subject matter. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline unknown

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 08:01:07 pm »

"Hillary Admitted She And Obama Created ISIS - FLASHBACK!"

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-isis-admitted-obama-created-isis-flashback/

Offline unknown

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 08:04:39 pm »

What was secret until the release of this August 2012 defense intelligence report is that the United States knew that the Syrian opposition was dominated by al Qaeda in Iraq and the Islamic State of Iraq, groups that merged and morphed into what today we call ISIS.

So Donald Trump is literally correct. Obama and Hillary created ISIS.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/08/12/fact-check-obama-hillary-founders-isis-bet/

Offline r9etb

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 08:40:21 pm »

And one way you can tell is by looking at how I address the primary point of a discussion,  and generally ignore the irrelevant side issue crap.   

I also try to make a habit of not getting involved in a discussion until I have a bit of background on the subject matter.

Hey, you're the one who claimed to know everything.  I was just bowing to the superior knowledge. 

Unfortunately, your own discussion shows that Obama and Hillary did not "found" ISIS.  In fact, you actually name the true "founders" of ISIS, and it's somebody else.

All you really did, is agree with my comment that Obama and Hillary enabled ISIS.

So don't talk to me about "side issue crap."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:40:54 pm by r9etb »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 09:12:12 pm »
Hey, you're the one who claimed to know everything.  I was just bowing to the superior knowledge. 

Unfortunately, your own discussion shows that Obama and Hillary did not "found" ISIS.  In fact, you actually name the true "founders" of ISIS, and it's somebody else.

All you really did, is agree with my comment that Obama and Hillary enabled ISIS.

So don't talk to me about "side issue crap."

Sophist hairsplitting is just another form of deception.   Yes,  Obama and Hillary pretty much FOUNDED  ISIS.   They built the foundation upon which ISIS is now running amok. 

For all reasonable intents and purposes,  Trump was exactly right about this.   The Responsibility for creating ISIS falls squarely on Captain Idiot and the Hate-Witch. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 09:27:44 pm »
Dang! Trump's trying to walk this back and his supporters won't let him.  :whistle:

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »
Dang! Trump's trying to walk this back and his supporters won't let him.  :whistle:

I'm Shocked! 

Aren't you G4J? 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 09:37:38 pm »
I'm Shocked! 

Aren't you G4J?

A'yup!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 09:42:53 pm »
Sophist hairsplitting is just another form of deception. 

I've learned never to waste time on a guy who wants to argue with the dictionary.