Author Topic: Donald Trump tries to walk back claim Obama founded ISIS: 'Sarcasm'  (Read 2508 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Donald Trump tries to walk back claim Obama founded ISIS: 'Sarcasm'
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »
I've learned never to waste time on a guy who wants to argue with the dictionary.

I have learned that you must often waste time on people attempting to mislead people by appealing to the dictionary.
To do otherwise is to allow a false understanding to spread further,   and do more damage.   

Stop attempting to mislead people by appealing to the dictionary.   The dictionary will not help you to refute the fact that Obama and Hillary created ISIS  through their supply of money and weapons to the Syrian Rebels.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »
I have learned that you must often waste time on people attempting to mislead people by appealing to the dictionary.
To do otherwise is to allow a false understanding to spread further,   and do more damage.   

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 12:42:33 am »

It is sophist to make an issue of the word "founded."   

Who gives a flying fart what Trump says.  It's just sarcasm.

:seeya:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:43:33 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 12:58:34 am »
I've learned never to waste time on a guy who wants to argue with the dictionary.
Some people will argue anything.  If you give @DiogenesLamp time, he will eventually argue against his original points while still retaining all of his obnoxious and unjustified sense of superiority mixed with zero sense of humor. 

curmudgeon - a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 01:24:55 am »
“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

It's a lot simpler for you just to admit you were wrong than keep trying to dodge the point. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 01:32:05 am »
Some people will argue anything.  If you give @DiogenesLamp time, he will eventually argue against his original points while still retaining all of his obnoxious and unjustified sense of superiority mixed with zero sense of humor. 

When you are arguing with people who don't seem to know the material and insist on behaving like children,  it's difficult to avoid a sense of superiority.   As for a sense of humor,  regarding the potential of a Hillary presidency,   I cannot think of an issue more inappropriate for bringing the funny. 

The possibility of her getting into power is literally going to be a brush with death.   

curmudgeon - a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man.

Oh,  I have been a curmudgeon for the greater part of my life.   As a wit once said,   "if you can still smile,  you simply don't understand the situation. "   

— Lord Melbourne —

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 02:10:44 am »

When you are arguing with people who don't seem to know the material and insist on behaving like children,  it's difficult to avoid a sense of superiority.   As for a sense of humor,  regarding the potential of a Hillary presidency,   I cannot think of an issue more inappropriate for bringing the funny. 

It is admirable how you suffer a dummy like me with only a smattering of disgust and scorn. 

I believe times of tragedy are the best times for humor.  Anthony Jesilnik's tweet after the Aurora, CO shooting “Other than that, how was the movie?,” was tasteless, yet brilliant and hilarious.  When you can find humor in catastrophe, then the media becomes a comedy and your life is filled with laughter.  I was very angry until the convention.  I felt the stakes were extremely high and the consequences extreme...but when it finally became clear the GOP had lost its mind and picked a clown to be it's standard bearer...the election was over for me and I could let it all go.  Since I quite being a Republican every day Trump and Hitlery provide new jokes for me to laugh at.

I doubt a Hillary presidency will be any worse than the first Clinton Presidency, or two Obama terms, or Carter's term.  America will survive even though the GOP said it was the most important election of our lifetime each time.

I'm less certain America will survive a Trump presidency, but that is out of my hands and in God's now.

Both will certainly suck, but the nice thing for me is I have this forum to laugh about it with Frank Cannon, and Wingnut, and a couple dozen other witty, insightful, and informed posters.  Not as informed as you, but really funny, and thought provoking, and compassionate...like humans.

I have been a curmudgeon for the greater part of my life.   As a wit once said,   "if you can still smile,  you simply don't understand the situation. "

If your good at bitterness and contempt then cultivate it and enjoy. 888high58888