Author Topic: Trump makes a joke about shooting.........somebody.  (Read 14165 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump makes a joke about shooting.........somebody.
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:57:31 pm »
Trump makes a joke about shooting......somebody

Donald Trump just made a joke that seemed to imply someone get shot.

At least, many people are saying that.  I don't know.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump makes a joke about shooting.........somebody.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:59:12 pm »
John Podhoretz ‏@jpodhoretz  9m9 minutes ago
The people who should now be outraged and seek to have him removed from the ticket are...Second Amendment Folks.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »
Well...

If picked judges void the second amendment, what do you think is going to happen?
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »
Another cow-pie stepped in by Trump.  I said yesterday I'd give him until Friday and here he's beat me by three days with this gaffe.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
Trump was speaking in North Carolina and, once again, will drive the Father-of-shooter-at-Hillary-rally off the evening news.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:34:03 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »
"I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun" -Donald Trump 2000

"President Obama spoke for me and every American in his remarks in #Newtown Connecticut." -Donald Trump 2012

"I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns." -Donald Trump 2016

I have no confidence Donald Trump has any idea what the two amendment is about or would put judges on the court that would defend it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »
Another cow-pie stepped in by Trump.  I said yesterday I'd give him until Friday and here he's beat me by three days with this gaffe.

I quote Jonah Goldberg:
It’s like one of those construction-site signs: “X Days Since an Accident.” The Trump campaign record for Days Since Unpresidential Mishap is, by my count, about three. (I restarted the clock when he interrupted his VP search to sue an ex-employee for $10 million and to — understandably if unpresidentially — question the mental capacity of a Supreme Court justice). That sign will never break double digits.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437874/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-wont-change

Need one say anything else?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »
Trump was speaking in South Carolina and, once again, will drive the Father-of-shooter-at-Hillary-rally off the evening news.

He must go looking for piles...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline al_c

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »
I have no confidence Donald Trump has any idea what the two amendment is about or would put judges on the court that would defend it.

I see what you did there.  :silly: :silly: :silly:
al_c

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »
I have no confidence Donald Trump has any idea what the two amendment is about...

:beer:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »
He's doing a good thing; Trump knows riots don't start themselves and that he has a role to play in leading the lemmings off the cliff.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 08:28:32 pm »
Trump was speaking in South Carolina and, once again, will drive the Father-of-shooter-at-Hillary-rally off the evening news.

Why was Trump campaigning in South Carolina in the first place?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »
The problem is there are idiots out there (like freepers) will listen to this and decide they are tired of just being a Chairborne Ranger and think it is their personal job to '*water the tree of liberty'.

*..and if they ever actually read the letter that Jefferson wrote with that quote, they'll understand it doesn't mean what they think it does and doesn't play well for them.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:29 pm »
The more I think about it, the more upset I get. That braying jackass times this stuff perfectly. I am utterly convinced he's in this for Hillary.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 08:31:49 pm »
This is just a ridiculous assumption.....geeeez sink!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 08:32:24 pm »
Trump: '2nd Amendment' may be only way to block Clinton's judicial picks

By LOUIS NELSON 08/09/16 03:44 PM EDT
Updated 08/09/16 04:09 PM EDT

Donald Trump on Tuesday said "the Second Amendment" may be the only way to stop Hillary Clinton from getting to appoint federal judges if she wins the presidential election in November.

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment,” he said, in what appeared to be a joke. “By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what, that will be a horrible day.”

The reference to the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms, could be interpreted as a joke about using violence to stop Clinton or her judicial picks.

Trump was speaking at a rally in Wilmington, North Carolina, where he repeated his regular claim that Clinton intends to “abolish” the Second Amendment, presumably by appointing liberal justices to the Supreme Court. But Trump punctuated that line with an aside, suggesting that Second Amendment supporters might be in a position to stop her even if she’s elected.

The Trump campaign rejected the notion that Trump was inciting violence against Clinton or anyone else with his aside at the Wilmington rally. Instead, the campaign said the Manhattan billionaire was simply appealing to the collective political muscle Second Amendment supporters possess.

“It’s called the power of unification – 2nd Amendment people have amazing spirit and are tremendously unified, which gives them great political power," Trump's senior communications advisor Jason Miller said in a statement emailed to POLITICO. "And this year, they will be voting in record numbers, and it won’t be for Hillary Clinton, it will be for Donald Trump.”

Clinton did not take any questions after her event in Miami on Tuesday, but reached for comment, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook condemned the comments. "This is simple—what Trump is saying is dangerous. A person seeking to be the President of the United States should not suggest violence in any way," he said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-clinton-second-amendment-judges-guns-226833#ixzz4Grx3xmr5
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
If anyone else said this, they’d get at least a “friendly” visit from the Secret Service.  No?

Glen Beck got one after making the stabbing comment, which I happen to have heard live on the air while driving when he said it and there was no way that I took it to mean he would stab Trump but jokingly about Stu.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/03/04/glenn-beck-under-investigation-for-alleged-threat-against-trump/

Then again maybe Trump will have to be interviewed by the Secret Service for making a threat, which I think would be a first for a modern Presidential election.  Perhaps his Secret Service detail will have to do double duty from now on.

Of course Trump’s supporters will say he was only joking. Time to get out my Little Fingered Donnie Secret Decoder Ring™ just to be sure.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 08:33:30 pm »

Then what did he mean?  Instead of piling on the Mateen story at Hillary's rally, he kills it with this nonsense.

You sure you still want to vote for this unhinged idiot?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 08:34:51 pm »
This is Trump. He says outrageous things for publicity. He has already said that he could shoot someone and get elected.

I'm not shocked at this.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »
If Donald Trump were capable of using basic noun verb clause and sentence construction, we might know what he meant. Instead, all we know is what he said. It's like listening to Dougie Franklin on Red Green try to explain boolean logic.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 08:36:49 pm »
Of course Trump’s supporters will say he was only joking. Time to get out my Little Fingered Donnie Secret Decoder Ring™ just to be sure.

I'll have to check if I got one in my box of fruit loops.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »
You sure you still want to vote for this unhinged idiot?

Which unhinged idiot do you mean?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:37 pm »
Trump makes a joke about shooting......somebody

Donald Trump just made a joke that seemed to imply someone get shot.

At least, many people are saying that.  I don't know.

There is probably nothing the #nevertrump people can do about trump.  Although the #nevertrumps who are Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 08:39:01 pm »
I'll have to check if I got one in my box of fruit loops.

I think it's in the Ovaltine package...

Offline r9etb

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 08:39:19 pm »
I'm not shocked at this.

Which in itself says all there is to say about Trump's suitability as a candidate, and as president.  The guy is completely undisciplined.  Imagine him trying to negotiate a sensitive treaty....