Author Topic: 9 Things You Need To Know About Evan McMullin: New Independent Candidate For President  (Read 761 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
According to McKay Coppins of Buzzfeed, Evan McMullin, a former CIA agent who is staunchly conservative and has openly criticized Donald Trump, is about to throw his hat in the presidential ring. Here are nine things you need to know about McMullin:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8171/9-things-you-need-know-about-evan-mcmullin-new-hank-berrien

Offline ABX

geronl

He's not going to get on the ballot and he won't ever win.

That's 2 things I know already.

I'm probably going to skip that line on the ballot anyway.

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ABX

He's not going to get on the ballot and he won't ever win.

That's 2 things I know already.

I'm probably going to skip that line on the ballot anyway.

All the third parties need to do is siphon off just enough electoral votes to prevent either major party candidate from getting to 270, then it goes to the House. It is a long, long, long shot, but there is a chance, kind of a potential reset button. Considering how close the two major parties are, it actually wouldn't take much to prevent them from reaching 270.

We need to look at the race at this point not as the need for an all out win by an alternative candidate, but just enough of a defensive move to keep the major parties from passing the finish line in the first play.

Offline NavyCanDo

Worth considering and doing a deeper dive on his conservative credentials.  All alternative options are on the table and the election is a whole three months away so there is plenty of time to decide.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
More and more fantasy. It entertains people with too much time, but not enough common sense.

(There is this guy down the street from me. He has an American flag on his yard, and he says he is running, too. Gives great speech.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

More and more fantasy. It entertains people with too much time, but not enough common sense.

(There is this guy down the street from me. He has an American flag on his yard, and he says he is running, too. Gives great speech.)

We have common sense enough not to vote for a life-long NY Liberal or the criminal hag. Voting your conscience is common sense.   If your conscience is telling you to vote for Trump, have at it. Mine is telling me something totally different.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MajorClay

Too little, too late.