Author Topic: Julian Assange Asks Bill Maher If He Gave $1 Million to Clinton Campaign  (Read 511 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BREITBART

URL: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/08/julian-assange-asks-bill-maher-if-he-gave-1-million-to-clinton-campaign/

by: Ben Kew

In a frosty exchange, WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange suggested that TV talk show host Bill Maher has donated $1 million to the Clinton campaign.
Speaking via a webcam on Real Time with Bill Maher, Assange was asked by Maher why he had not hacked the Trump campaign, arguing about the DNC email leaks “obviously we know these came from Russia, and we also know that you do not like Hillary Clinton at all, as does not Vladimir Putin.”

“So it looks like you are working with a bad actor, Russia, to put your thumb on the scale, and f*** with the one person who stands in the way of us being ruled by Donald Trump,” Maher claimed.

Assange claimed last week that Russia were not involved in the hack of the Democratic National Committee.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

Assange, who clearly anticipated an attack from Maher, responded by saying that “just before I came in here we thought we’d do a little search on our files, and I do notice that a William Maher gave a Clinton affiliated entity $1 million.”

Maher, who is a registered Democrat, originally suggested that Assange was referring to the public donation of $1 million Maher gave to Barack Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012.

When asked by Assange whether he had given the same sum to Clinton, he simply responded “f*** no,” adding that he “can’t give a million dollars every time someone runs for president.”

Assange has consistently pledged to release a “lot more” on Hillary Clinton and the corruption of the Clinton Foundation in the coming weeks.

Offline SirLinksALot

MORE INTERESTING THINGS HERE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PURSUE THIS:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/290702-did-bill-maher-lie-to-assange-viewers-about-1-million-clinton

Did Bill Maher lie to Assange, viewers about $1 million Clinton donation?

EXCERPT:

It was then that Assange, who conducted the interview from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, posed an unexpected question to Maher:

“Just before I came here we thought we’d do a little search in our files, and I do notice that a William Maher gave a Clinton-affiliated entity a million dollars," Assange said. "Now it’s a William Maher in Los Angeles at the time that it came."

"Perhaps you’d like to comment. Is that you?” he asked.

Maher — who clearly heard the question correctly — quickly deflected to a $1 million donation he made four years ago to the Obama reelection campaign.

“I don’t think you have to look in your files to find that, Julian," he condescendingly scolded Assange to applause. "I, I, I gave Obama a million dollars. I made it public."

"The whole point of it was to make it public so people in 2012 would understand that the game had moved to the million-dollar level after our Citizens United ruling," Maher explained. "I wasn't trying to hide it. I was trying to publicize it. I don't know what the point is."

Assange pushed back: "Is there another million dollars going to Hillary or equivalent?"

"F--- no," replied Maher. "I can't give a million dollars anytime someone runs for president."

The two moved on from there.

But does that settle the issue?

Maher can contribute to whichever candidate he likes. It's his money and his right. And just like Rush Limbaugh, Maher is an entertainer and political satirist, not a journalist. If he did donate to Clinton, he's not breaking any rules.

His net worth is estimated to be between $22 million to $30 million. He recently signed a new multimillion-dollar contract through 2018. His viewership has never been higher.

But his dismissal of making this donation to Clinton is a particularly hard sell.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....