Author Topic: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper  (Read 87638 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2016, 12:34:45 am »
I'm NOT going to play the hostage dilemma game  anymore! EVER!

:hands:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2016, 12:48:31 am »

I'm NOT going to play the hostage dilemma game  anymore! EVER!

Earl....while you and I many not be around ten years from now, the country we're going
to be leaving our children and grandchildren will be decided this November 8th.

Lose the hate...and hold your nose again, like a big boy.

Then go home and take a long shower.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2016, 12:53:37 am »

Once I screwed up badly, and was seduced by the Ross Perot song.

The irony of your statement is rich..........Thanks for a hearty belly laugh.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2016, 12:55:56 am »

Earl....while you and I many not be around ten years from now, the country we're going

KMA David!  Not this time! Not EVER again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2016, 12:58:25 am »
#NeverTrump speaks of irony? Never Trump = president Hillary. Now, that's irony for you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2016, 12:59:13 am »
 :amen: :amen:

If you've been posting on Conservative boards for years....and I believe you have...then you're primarily affiliated and vote with the Republican Party.

The Primaries are over.   Therefore, the infighting should be over.

For now...your moral vote must be decided on leaving America in the hands of Hillary, "There's only the Fight", Clinton...or take a chance on a person that loves American with all his heart, is in good health, and a successful businessman...even though he's become a caricature of himself.   

"As you ramble on through life, brother, whatever by your goal.....keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole"
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:51 am »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2016, 01:02:20 am »
 :amen:

I have enough information, to conclude she will do less, and he will do more to secure the safety of my family.

To disregard my family's safety is not moral.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2016, 01:02:38 am »
KMA David!  Not this time! Not EVER again!

:laugh:   :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2016, 01:06:47 am »
Can we please not go there?

It's cool, @don-o

Before Donald Trump, I would have driven to his house and cut his grass if he needed help for any reason.

Trump does that to people, it seems.   

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2016, 01:16:13 am »
This thread more than any other demonstrates the utter futility of political arguments.

Totally pointless.
Let it burn.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2016, 01:21:50 am »
This thread more than any other demonstrates the utter futility of political arguments.

Totally pointless.

Thanks for  sharing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2016, 01:36:26 am »
If everyone who cannot stomach either Hillary or Trump actually followed their conscience and voted that way neither of them would be sworn in as president om January 20, 2017.

QFT

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2016, 12:51:56 pm »
I am sure that you've all heard an expression along these lines before: "you can't argue someone out of a proposition that they didn't arrive at using reason and logic."  In my view, Don has been attempting to "argue" and reason with people that are in a deep state of denial. For if you can not accept the clear fact: if Trump is not elected, then Hillary will be sworn in on January 20, 2017, then you won't be accepting much beyond that.

I detect a tendency to equate reason with “Jedi mind tricks.” I am beginning to understand that. I am ashamed to admit this, but I only recently discovered that sophistry predated philosophy.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,210473.0.html

The word “pragmatism” was mentioned in relation to my argument. Pragmatists ARE Sophists. I am neither. My starting point is John 1:1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is absolute, not relative Truth.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:55:31 pm by don-o »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2016, 01:21:56 pm »

Totally pointless.

Thanks for  sharing.

I think Ghost Bear is onto something. What's the point - for those of us with a job and a life - to piss time away arguing with intransigence?

#NeverTrump is DNC-approved to be 100 percent obdurate and immovable. And that's just some of their better qualities...let's just say I wont go into intelligence quotient here.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »
I think Ghost Bear is onto something. What's the point - for those of us with a job and a life - to piss time away arguing with intransigence?

#NeverTrump is DNC-approved to be 100 percent obdurate and immovable. And that's just some of their better qualities...let's just say I wont go into intelligence quotient here.

I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.   :tongue2:
Let it burn.

Offline beandog

« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2016, 01:47:39 pm »

Supporters of the Donald should never discuss "intelligence quotient" because they would lose every time.  As far as "better qualities", at least, unlike tRump supporters, we have some.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #267 on: August 11, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »

Then go home and take a long shower.   

So when was it exactly that you agreed that the Presidency was a monarchy??

The country our posterity will inherit was permanently decided back in 2008 and 2012.

It took many decades to get there, but when the people tossed out our Foundational principles and religious heritage, it was a done deal.

Only a religious and moral people are capable of maintaining a Constitutional Republic.  Since we are no longer those people, a Republic we no longer are.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2016, 03:51:04 pm »

Oh no, just heck no. I want my kids to know their Daddy stood by right and wrong no matter the consequences; I only can only pray I don't fail them in that. I want my girls to grow up and know that a real man lives by Davy Crockett's old saying. Be sure you are right, and then go ahead. If I don't live that example who are they going pick when they grow up?
You must do what you think is right and so must I, but in my mind a real man doesn't compromise his principles for expediency. I'm not going to sacrifice my sacred honor for Donald J. Trump, not by a durn sight.  The winners and the losers aren't determined on this earth anyways.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
Oh no, just heck no. I want my kids to know their Daddy stood by right and wrong no matter the consequences; I only can only pray I don't fail them in that. I want my girls to grow up and know that a real man lives by Davy Crockett's old saying. Be sure you are right, and then go ahead. If I don't live that example who are they going pick when they grow up?
You must do what you think is right and so must I, but in my mind a real man doesn't compromise his principles for expediency. I'm not going to sacrifice my sacred honor for Donald J. Trump, not by a durn sight.  The winners and the losers aren't determined on this earth anyways.

Absolutely damn straight.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2016, 05:06:04 pm »
I couldn't have said it better!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2016, 07:02:44 pm »

Yes!

We think too much.  We don't need to be amateur philosophers to understand right and wrong.  We don't need to choose a president based on who is better.  We pick who we think is best, regardless of who the man next to me picks.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2016, 07:48:12 pm »

Couldn't of said it any better.  :amen: :amen:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »
Yes!

We think too much.  We don't need to be amateur philosophers to understand right and wrong.  We don't need to choose a president based on who is better.  We pick who we think is best, regardless of who the man next to me picks.

That makes me sad. I thought Conservatives placed a great value on thinking.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2016, 02:52:37 pm »
That makes me sad. I thought Conservatives placed a great value on thinking.

If you've been following the Trump campaign, you lost that ideal a very long time ago.

I used to think that Conservatives were the thinkers too, until very recently.

Trump's popularity proves one of two things.   Either conservatives are illogical, emotional and unethical, or Trump followers are not conservative.

There really isn't another option.

But to RoosGirl's point.

Sometimes overthinking removes our 'reality' from the spiritual, and we forget the basics of what is right and what is wrong.

The book of Romans deals a lot with the foolishness of the philosophers of the age, vs the reality and truth in God's word.

I recommend you re-read it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.