Author Topic: ‘Is Donald Trump plain crazy?’ Big-name writers now questioning GOP nominee’s sanity  (Read 4792 times)

cuky

‘Is Donald Trump plain crazy?’ Big-name writers now questioning GOP nominee’s sanity

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-sanity-mental-health-000000384.html

Is Donald Trump insane?

That’s the question being asked in recent days by prominent columnists, both liberal and conservative, about the Republican presidential nominee.

“During the primary season, as Donald Trump’s bizarre outbursts helped him crush the competition, I thought he was being crazy like a fox,” Eugene Robinson wrote in an op-ed (“Is Donald Trump just plain crazy?”) published Tuesday in the Washington Post.

“Now I am increasingly convinced that he’s just plain crazy,” Robinson continued. “I’m serious about that. Leave aside for the moment Trump’s policies, which in my opinion range from the unconstitutional to the un-American to the potentially catastrophic. At this point, it would be irresponsible to ignore the fact that Trump’s grasp on reality appears to be tenuous at best.”

“One wonders if Republican leaders have begun to realize that they may have hitched their fate and the fate of their party to a man with a disordered personality,” Robert Kagan, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, wrote in a separate Washington Post editorial on Monday. “We can leave it to the professionals to determine exactly what to call it. Suffice to say that Donald Trump’s response to the assorted speakers at the Democratic National Convention has not been rational.”

“Yes, Donald Trump is crazy,” Steven Hayes added last week in the conservative Weekly Standard. “And, yes, the Republican party owns his insanity.”

“I almost don’t blame Trump,” David Brooks wrote in the New York Times on July 29. “He is a morally untethered, spiritually vacuous man who appears haunted by multiple personality disorders. It is the ‘sane’ and ‘reasonable’ Republicans who deserve the shame.”

Another billionaire, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, also questioned Trump’s sanity.

“Donald initially — I really hoped he would be something different, that as a businessperson, I thought there was an opportunity there,” Cuban told CNN while campaigning with Clinton in his hometown of Pittsburgh on Saturday. “But then he went off the reservation and went bats*** crazy.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He isn't just nuts, he is gold plated nuts.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

He isn't just nuts, he is gold plated nuts.

If you are poor you are crazy.
If you rich you are eccentric.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

He is Captain Queeg stawberries Crazy.

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them.

Offline mirraflake

I've always said Trump never wanted to be Prez just run for the job-reality show fun. I believe he says the most outlandish things thinking people would drop him but it's the complete opposite.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
If you are poor you are crazy.
If you rich you are eccentric.
Yes, that's it! He belongs on this list:

http://myfirstclasslife.com/10-bizarre-billionaires-ever/?singlepage=1
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Frank Cannon

We haven't even had this General campaign off the ground and Donny has made more gaffs, said more outrageous things and been attacking the wrong people. Hell, he is even setting up his excuse when he loses in the first 5 days.

He isn't nuts. He is just very stupid.

BTW, hey Trumpettes. Didn't all the real Conservatives tell you he was a dumb ass and all around fraud? This first week of the campaign is the rest of your life now. Enjoy.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Yes, he is.

Well, that was easy. Next question?
Let it burn.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Mentally ill and surrounded by enablers.

We've seen it before.

Offline skeeter

Yes, he is.

Well, that was easy. Next question?

How do we switch candidates to somebody who isn't so we don't end up with a corrupt malevolent hag as president?

Wingnut

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:15:57 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Yes.  He's plain crazy.

Oh well, the media corruption has convinced me to vote for him.  Even if he is crazy, he is still better than Hillary.  He can be impeached, and then Pence will be President, who is far and away better than Hillary.

Wingnut

How do we switch candidates to somebody who isn't so we don't end up with a corrupt malevolent hag as president?

The Movie "Dave" comes to mind.

Online NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

Big-name writers, really? Let's ask Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow and Rosie O'Donnell for their opinions, too.
Meanwhile, Brain-Damaged Hillary continues on her merry way.  :thud:

Seriously, what do you think Yahoo News is going to report? They're deeply in the tank with the DNC.

Personally, I've long questioned Mark Cuban's sanity, and politics has nothing to do with it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

No way I will ever vote for Trump or Clinton.  Or Johnson.  That's like choosing between being drowned or strangled or poisoned.  Um...how about none of the above.
Yep, it's a real conundrum this year.  8888crybaby

Offline Eowyn

Do what you feel is right.  Me?  No way I will ever vote for Trump or Clinton.  Or Johnson.  That's like choosing between being drowned or strangled or poisoned.  Um...how about none of the above.

I agree that all 3 are AWFUL choices.  Couldn't be worse.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
The Remake:

Right now the campaign is busy steaming in circles. This suggests a new nickname for Trump: Old Spray tan Stain.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HonestJohn

Crazy?

It is not Trump who am crazy...  It is Trump who am MAD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wge91axG9Wg

Offline bilo

We haven't even had this General campaign off the ground and Donny has made more gaffs, said more outrageous things and been attacking the wrong people. Hell, he is even setting up his excuse when he loses in the first 5 days.

He isn't nuts. He is just very stupid.

BTW, hey Trumpettes. Didn't all the real Conservatives tell you he was a dumb ass and all around fraud? This first week of the campaign is the rest of your life now. Enjoy.

What did everyone expect after the way he conducted himself in the primaries. Trump supporters created this mess and unfortunately we all have to live with the consequences. Cruz was such a better choice, but we can't undo the damage now. The clintoons can play Trump like a drum, trot out a muslim to talk about his son killed in battle and to attack Trump. They knew, just like we all did, he would come back right at them. When this dies down they will get someone else to attack him who is also a sympathetic figure and Trump will do the same.

There's a reason, especially in today's biased media environment, that candidates running for POTUS are experienced politicians. In experienced ones walk into obvious traps.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline goatprairie

As someone with an intense dislike of Trump,  he's not crazy.....just a loudmouthed schnook. There are many billionaires who think they know everything and are smarter than everybody else. Trump is one of them. But success in business does not automatically make a person a genius or competent in other areas.
 The problem is Trump is thoroughly incompetent and unqualified for a load of reasons.    But he is the first billionaire to get the nomination of a major party. Billionaires are used to people do what they say or getting fired. That doesn't work in politics.  A president can't fire congressmen from his or the other party. Trump doesn't understand that....among many things he doesn't understand.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
He is a morally untethered, spiritually vacuous man who appears haunted by multiple personality disorders.

Boy that nails it!

Online mountaineer

As someone with an intense dislike of Trump,  he's not crazy.....just a loudmouthed schnook.  ...  The problem is Trump is thoroughly incompetent and unqualified for a load of reasons.   
That's the way I see it. He's obnoxious, arrogant, self-absorbed and morally repulsive. He has that in common with countless politicians - including the current occupant of the White House and the Democrat opponent.  **nononono*

Offline Eowyn

That's the way I see it. He's obnoxious, arrogant, self-absorbed and morally repulsive. He has that in common with countless politicians - including the current occupant of the White House and the Democrat opponent.  **nononono*
Exactly!