Author Topic: Mother of Service Member Booed Over Khan Question At Pence Rally  (Read 6142 times)

Silver Pines

Mother of Service Member Booed Over Khan Question At Pence Rally

by Matthew Nussbaum
08/01/16

CARSON CITY, Nevada — The woman, in a quiet voice, stood before the crowd of hundreds at a town hall-style event here with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and announced that her son serves in the Air Force. The crowd applauded.

But then the woman said, “Time and time again, Trump has disrespected our nation’s armed forces and veterans. And his disrespect for Mr. Khan …”

The reaction of the crowd was immediate and fierce, drowning our her words.

The crowd began to boo as she tried to get through her question, jeering at her. She continued to speak.

“Why are you here?” one woman shouted as the boos rained down.But, over the boos and taunts, she continued to speak.

Read more at; http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/mother-of-service-member-booed-over-khan-question-at-pence-rally-226540

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Mother of Service Member Booed Over Khan Question At Pence Rally
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:08:15 am »
The amount of hate and disrespect that is coming out in both sides is getting beyond disgusting. I'm sure they'll excuse it as the audience 'not being politically correct'.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:49 am »
It's all out there for Americans to see.  EVERYBODY knows what Trump is.

The problem is no longer Trump.  It's his supporters.  Those who defend him, those who act as if he's some kind of savior, those who change the subject, those who act as if none of this matters.

Trump would quit the race if enough people disavowed him.  He's a coward and can't stand losing. 

So, Trumpkins.  What say you. It WILL get worse.  The longer you hang on to this sewer rat, the harder it will be to disavow him later.

And let this be your legacy:  if he should somehow get elected, the rest of the country will hang his perversity around your necks.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 12:27:17 am »
It's all out there for Americans to see.  EVERYBODY knows what Trump is.

The problem is no longer Trump.  It's his supporters.  Those who defend him, those who act as if he's some kind of savior, those who change the subject, those who act as if none of this matters.

Trump would quit the race if enough people disavowed him.  He's a coward and can't stand losing. 

So, Trumpkins.  What say you. It WILL get worse.  The longer you hang on to this sewer rat, the harder it will be to disavow him later.

And let this be your legacy:  if he should somehow get elected, the rest of the country will hang his perversity around your necks.

Reagan built up his supporters to be anything they wanted to be, there were no constraints but those they put on themselves.

Bush made people feel like we were all one America who cared for each other and stood next to each other in the dark times.

Trump is making people act like school yard bullies and sheds all respect for another individual, accepting that you can shout down and intimidate anyone who crosses you.

What a change.  Even Bill Clinton built his campaign on bringing out the better aspects of his supporters, even if he was wrong on most issues.

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 12:31:53 am »
The disgust I feel at Trump's campaign is visceral.  Every headline makes me want to run for the shower.

It feels as though the whole mess is heading downhill very fast.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  23m23 minutes ago

Aide: Mr. Trump, you're down again. Want to bash Hillary?
Trump: NO I WILL BASH A GOLD STAR FAMILY AND CRUZ
Trumpkins: 19 dimensional chess!

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 12:42:54 am »
The disgust I feel at Trump's campaign is visceral.  Every headline makes me want to run for the shower.

It feels as though the whole mess is heading downhill very fast.

..and that he is purposefully manipulating his followers towards this hate, anger, and division; knowing they are so desperate for victory so they'll follow him to hell, literally. It is like a televangelist who knows he is manipulating the vulnerable, yet keeps it up.

I've even seen some photos on twitter where after Trump events, the place is completely trashed. It used to be you could tell when it was a Tea Party event because people picked up after themselves and left the place in almost better condition when they found it (I remember many times people staying behind to help the cleaning crew). Now, it is no different than a liberal event where they trash the place, leave their garbage about, with no consideration to those who have to come behind them and pick them up.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 12:43:41 am »

Trump supporters could go into a number of Hillary's massive failures or Trump's positive like his excellent plan to fix the VA.  But why bother?

This is a very aggressive posture to take for a moderator.

You are calling all Trump supporters, in whatever capacity or level they choose to support Trump as defective human beings.  Even if one votes for Trump to prevent Hillary a pathway to the presidency.  Given we are past the convention, this is a bit much.  A few former Cruz supporters here feel voting for Trump is worthwhile to block Hillary.

Thought we were not going to behave as TOS, even in reverse?

Have whatever opinion you want, but this is a tough posture to reconcile with being a moderator.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:47:28 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:48:40 am »

Trump supporters could go into a number of Hillary's massive failures or Trump's positive like his excellent plan to fix the VA. 

This actually brings up a good point though. Trump owned the VA issue and his position started to make news, then he went on his OCD twitter rants and now Vet groups are distancing himself from him, even the VFW issued a statement scolding him.

It is like whenever he has a gold plated issue, he almost purposefully trashes it so he can't lead on it.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 12:56:58 am »
This actually brings up a good point though. Trump owned the VA issue and his position started to make news, then he went on his OCD twitter rants and now Vet groups are distancing himself from him, even the VFW issued a statement scolding him.

It is like whenever he has a gold plated issue, he almost purposefully trashes it so he can't lead on it.

It is going way beyond constructive criticism of the viable representative of the liberty/freedom sphere- also known as the republican nominee.  If it gives me pause to make supportive statements for Trump, cant imagine how his other supporters must feel.

As Rush noted today, Hillary has guaranteed that she will go after the first( Citizens United), second and tenth amendments. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:57:38 am by LonestarDream »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 12:59:37 am »

“Why are you here?” one woman shouted as the boos rained down.But, over the boos and taunts, she continued to speak.

Very sad

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 01:03:35 am »
..and that he is purposefully manipulating his followers towards this hate, anger, and division; knowing they are so desperate for victory so they'll follow him to hell, literally. It is like a televangelist who knows he is manipulating the vulnerable, yet keeps it up.

I've even seen some photos on twitter where after Trump events, the place is completely trashed. It used to be you could tell when it was a Tea Party event because people picked up after themselves and left the place in almost better condition when they found it (I remember many times people staying behind to help the cleaning crew). Now, it is no different than a liberal event where they trash the place, leave their garbage about, with no consideration to those who have to come behind them and pick them up.

Narcissist that he is, I'm sure Trump gets high off the adulation of his supporters.  His ego is being massaged like never before.  Manipulating his audience into defending their Donald makes it even better for him.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 01:03:43 am »
It is going way beyond constructive criticism of the viable representative of the liberty/freedom sphere- also known as the republican nominee.  If it gives me pause to make supportive statements for Trump, cant imagine how his other supporters must feel.

As Rush noted today, Hillary has guaranteed that she will go after the first( Citizens United), second and tenth amendments.

What makes you think that Trump won't go after the first and tenth amendment??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 01:05:10 am »

What makes you think that Trump won't go after the first and tenth amendment??

He has already expressed he has no respect for the first amendment.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 01:05:43 am »

For me the point is that we have not had a fighter since Reagan in 76 and 80.  McCain did not fight.  Romney certainly did not fight.  Even W Bush won in 04 because the SWIFT boat guys bailed him out.

Kerry and media likely would have rolled W with the SWIFT guys and even then the margin was not huge.

Now we can say Trump is ham-handed and even gauche, but at least he is fighting.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 01:06:27 am »
The amount of hate and disrespect that is coming out in both sides is getting beyond disgusting. I'm sure they'll excuse it as the audience 'not being politically correct'.

It is a form of political correctness too.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 01:06:47 am »
He has already expressed he has no respect for the first amendment.
No comparison.  Trump will not actively campaign to overturn citizens united.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 01:07:21 am »

Trump supporters could go into a number of Hillary's massive failures or Trump's positive like his excellent plan to fix the VA.  But why bother?

This is a very aggressive posture to take for a moderator.

You are calling all Trump supporters, in whatever capacity or level they choose to support Trump as defective human beings.  Even if one votes for Trump to prevent Hillary a pathway to the presidency.  Given we are past the convention, this is a bit much.  A few former Cruz supporters here feel voting for Trump is worthwhile to block Hillary.

Thought we were not going to behave as TOS, even in reverse?

Have whatever opinion you want, but this is a tough posture to reconcile with being a moderator.

OK.  So I'll quit as a moderator.  I just did it for two weeks for the Convention.

I am not going to refrain from doing all I can to stop Trump.

I think Trump is a mental defective.  He has some sort of  psychological malady that prevents him from simply refraining from taking on anyone who criticizes him.  You and I do that, I'm sure.  WHy can't he?

geronl

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 01:08:19 am »

Oh, I agree, but this particular picture looks like they swept it all together just for the photo.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 01:09:56 am »
Pence's son, Marines.

Offline ABX

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:13:30 am by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:10:40 am »
Oh, I agree, but this particular picture looks like they swept it all together just for the photo.

That was just the first result. Google rally clean up or similar search terms.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 01:12:21 am »
OK.  So I'll quit as a moderator.  I just did it for two weeks for the Convention.

I am not going to refrain from doing all I can to stop Trump.

I think Trump is a mental defective.  He has some sort of  psychological malady that prevents him from simply refraining from taking on anyone who criticizes him.  You and I do that, I'm sure.  WHy can't he?

That is a shame.  You were universally lauded for how you moderated the convention threads including by me.

You prevented the threads from become fawning Trump threads and allowed for criticism which was usually very constructive for our sphere.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 01:16:50 am »
He already came out against it. He has the same position on it as Hillary.
https://leonardclark.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/trump-attacks-citizens-united-and-other-candidates-for-benefiting-from-it/
http://www.npr.org/2016/02/14/466668949/presidential-candidates-pledge-to-undo-citizens-united-but-can-they

That was the author's interpretation -  he 'appeared' to be against Citizens United.  Doubt Trump as grounded by Pence will go after Citizens United the way Hillary will. 

Hillary made that a major plank during her convention, Trump did not.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:17:22 am by LonestarDream »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:23 am »
That is a shame.  You were universally lauded for how you moderated the convention threads including by me.

You prevented the threads from become fawning Trump threads and allowed for criticism which was usually very constructive for our sphere.

And yet you want to muzzle me by leveling criticism that I'm expressing anti-Trump opinions as a moderator.

I think I was fair during the Conventions although everybody on this forum knows how I feel about Trump.

In two weeks, I've taken down half a post, from a NeverTrump supporter.  As long as there's not profanity or personal attacks, discussion should continue.

Thanks for your comments.  I will reconsider.