Author Topic: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me  (Read 17994 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2016, 07:51:01 am »
Darrell Castle has my vote.
Mine, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2016, 07:59:42 am »
Yeah, it was.  But I'm convinced they don't want to win elections - they want to MOCK them.

ONLY in a case of complete national fragmentation will a third party win anything.  Last time it happened was when the abolitionist third-party, the Republicans, ran that geeky beanpole railroad lawyer from Illinois for President.  And even within a third-party, Lincoln was the convention's stalking-horse.  William Seward was the one going in with the most support.

Had the South not seceded, the Democrats would have won and the Whigs struggled on a few more years.

THIS year is the closest to that scenario we've seen in modern times.  And this year, with TWO miserable Major-Party candidates, the Libertarians could have run a reasonable man on a reasonable platform - and SWEPT it.

But that's not their aim.  Their aim is to be the political Monty Python.
I like the Constitution Party. That may not pass your 'viability' standards, but I don't have any trouble with the morals or the general platform. It could use some polishing, but it is closer than anything else to what I want.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »
Whiskey bottles and brand new cars.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU

Oak tree you're in my way...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2016, 06:43:20 pm »
Muslims say people have no choice but to convert.  I don't like forced conversions.

What will Trump do if we don't submit?  I suggest he pound sand.

The irony of having a Presidential candidate who is supposed to be representing the party of freedom tell us we have "no choice" is rich, is it not??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2016, 07:25:28 pm »
Our only shot is if Trump gets elected and Trump has a massive heart attack/stroke and dies,

Well I don't think that not winning the election should preclude that outcome.  One can never be too safe from evil.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2016, 10:59:09 pm »
I don't know about yall, but I just love it when a politician tells me I have to do something. Makes me want to click my heels and salute.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3260127/Donald-Trump-says-supermodel-wife-Melania-unbelievable-Lady.html

That's what Melania has pretty much been doing during her marriage to the Donald [as well as did Ivana and Marla], but I think she might be getting tired of it all, or Trump might be tiring of her. This is a telling photo. I missed it originally. [Will Melania last until the general? Will Bill Clinton still be alive? .. and so on and so on...]

Melania Trump said she is not yet ready to 'get political', and wants to spend time with her son Barron,
(right) 9. Donald Trump also praised his daughter Ivanka, 33 (second from left), in his recent interview.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

geronl

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2016, 11:15:53 pm »
He seems to be much, much closer to his daughter, doesn't he?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2016, 11:23:03 pm »

Yes, ::clears throat::, much...
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »
I know Trump hadn't never heard it or read  it, or if he did never seriously thought about it, but somebody better read Ronald Reagan's 1964 Time for Choosing speech to him.

Reagan spent the speech explaining the crossroads America was on. We could take the path to a bigger progressive liberal government or the path of Conservatism and a bright future for America, and that you the voter had a CHOICE.

The last lines wraps it up pretty good and agrees with everything Cruz suggested.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.   We will keep in mind and remember that Barry Goldwater has faith in us. He has faith that you and I have the ability and the dignity and the right to make our own decisions and determine our own destiny.   Ronald Reagan

Trump on the other hand sounding like a true progressive must not think we have the ability and the dignity and the right and the right to make our own decisions and determine our own destiny.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2016, 12:01:32 am »
I know Trump hadn't never heard it or read  it, or if he did never seriously thought about it, but somebody better read Ronald Reagan's 1964 Time for Choosing speech to him.

Reagan spent the speech explaining the crossroads America was on. We could take the path to a bigger progressive liberal government or the path of Conservatism and a bright future for America, and that you the voter had a CHOICE.

The last lines wraps it up pretty good and agrees with everything Cruz suggested.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.   We will keep in mind and remember that Barry Goldwater has faith in us. He has faith that you and I have the ability and the dignity and the right to make our own decisions and determine our own destiny.   Ronald Reagan

Trump on the other hand sounding like a true progressive must not think we have the ability and the dignity and the right and the right to make our own decisions and determine our own destiny.

Trump's convention speech was the anti Reagan speech.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukzTmu8tPA

And in that speech, Reagan denounced Trump's "I Alone" comments.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2016, 12:11:39 am »
Trump's convention speech was the anti Reagan speech.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukzTmu8tPA

And in that speech, Reagan denounced Trump's "I Alone" comments.

:amen:   And May I suggest Trump Supporters go back and look at these speeches as well.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2016, 12:17:33 am »
:amen:   And May I suggest Trump Supporters go back and look at these speeches as well.

Reagan's 1980 nomination speech was one of the most inspirational speeches of my lifetime.

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2016, 01:38:18 am »
THIS is the attitude that really p*sses me off.

I can't believe the buffoon was dumb enough to come right out and say it.

Every time Trump opens his mouth and the press reports it I cringe.  Where are his advisors  or does he have any???  888what

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2016, 01:47:03 am »
Nope. He selected Pence to run the country while he "Makes America Grate Again." He actually said that (or his mini-me did).

So, purely in terms of justices, I think you need look at who Pence will pick, without too much interference from the Donald other than his insistence on a white dude.

Hopefully, Trump will be impeached and  removed from office and we will get Pence.  Them Democrats will never impeach one of their own.   they put the DEM in demagogue. :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2016, 01:49:58 am »
Hopefully, Trump will be impeached and  removed from office and we will get Pence.  Them Democrats will never impeach one of their own.   they put the DEM in demagogue. :whistle:

If there were some kind of plan for a puppet presidency, someone would need to go to prison. There is absolutely nothing good about it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2016, 02:16:39 am »
I'm not sure where to use this yet, so I'll just leave it here.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:17:10 am by AbaraXas »

Oceander

« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:05 am »

That orange mug is just ugly.  What does he do, spray it on every morning?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2016, 02:29:33 am »
Amazing to hear people who nominated the least conservative of 17 GOP candidates worrying about conservative Supreme Court judges now!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2016, 02:31:20 am »

A baby steeling Oompa Loompa.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2016, 02:33:58 am »
Yeah, but which one's the baby?
The one on the left seems to be trying to get someone to pull (her?) out. Reaching out with one hand and pushing away with the other. The one on the right just isn't happy with the situation, and the one in the middle always has his mouth open.

C S Lewis

Offline kartographer

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2016, 04:27:12 am »

Those Kids are clearly Cruz SUPPORTERS! They will need to pay for the way they 'dissed' the Donald! :tongue2:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2016, 04:38:13 am »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline youknowwho

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2016, 04:59:54 am »
That orange mug is just ugly.  What does he do, spray it on every morning?

Look how young looking his tiny hands are?

How the heck?  The dude is 70.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2016, 05:17:11 am »

Yes those little hands............
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:57 am »
I no longer consider myself a Republican, I am a conservative.  Therefore I do have a choice; #Never Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.