Author Topic: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me  (Read 18063 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump: Republicans 'have no choice' but to vote for me
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2016, 04:05:10 pm »
Wrong.

He's not on the ballot yet here in Ohio.

Though I might write him in.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »
He's not on the ballot yet here in Ohio.

Though I might write him in.......

Seriously.  Why bother?  You can leave the top of your ballot blank...accomplishes the same thing...

When you vote for President, you are voting for Pledged Electors.  If a candidate is not on the ballot, he has no slate of Electors.  Writing someone in, is to vote for unnamed Electors who are not in the running.

And anyway, I don't know what this guy stands for.  The current fashion is to name a political party, or PAC group, or website or bill, the OPPOSITE of what it really is working for.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15:43 pm »
Seriously.  Why bother?  You can leave the top of your ballot blank...accomplishes the same thing...

When you vote for President, you are voting for Pledged Electors.  If a candidate is not on the ballot, he has no slate of Electors.  Writing someone in, is to vote for unnamed Electors who are not in the running.

And anyway, I don't know what this guy stands for.  The current fashion is to name a political party, or PAC group, or website or bill, the OPPOSITE of what it really is working for.

I said I 'might' write him in.

Thanks for the input as to why I shouldn't.

I have no problem with leaving the top blank.  I have voted for the Republican candidate for nearly 45 years.

But this year, since there is no Republican running, and the party no longer reflects my values as a Christian Conservative, I have no problem not voting for an imaginary "R" like "D" onald Trump.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »
BTW I understand Lynch has made 18 more Twin Peaks episodes to be aired next year. Some of the same cast returning.

@skeeter @Hoodat

A couple of years ago, I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't get Twin Peaks out of my head.  I drove to the local diner, put the TP soundtrack on my Bluetooth earphone, and ate cherry pie and drank d@mn good coffee (and hot!) while getting some work done.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
I said I 'might' write him in.

Thanks for the input as to why I shouldn't.

I have no problem with leaving the top blank.  I have voted for the Republican candidate for nearly 45 years.

But this year, since there is no Republican running, and the party no longer reflects my values as a Christian Conservative, I have no problem not voting for an imaginary "R" like "D" onald Trump.

In the end, it's your call.  Like I said, it results in the same thing.

I was going to vote Losertarian - until I saw just what they're about, this year.  Like most years, they're a political circus act.

I will just leave the top of the ticket blank - unless I get a bug in my bonnet.  NO WAY do I vote for Billary - but maybe Billary will give me a reason to vote for Trumpy, since Trumpy won't.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2016, 04:20:39 pm »
If ONE third-party candidate could win ONE state's electors, there's a possibility that neither Trump nor Hillary would win the majority of electoral votes to win, and the House would pick a President.

The only problem with that is that only the three top candidates would be on the House ballot, and there is no viable and sane third party this year.

Missed opportunity for the Libertarians.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2016, 04:25:09 pm »
In the end, it's your call.  Like I said, it results in the same thing.

I was going to vote Losertarian - until I saw just what they're about, this year.  Like most years, they're a political circus act.

I will just leave the top of the ticket blank - unless I get a bug in my bonnet.  NO WAY do I vote for Billary - but maybe Billary will give me a reason to vote for Trumpy, since Trumpy won't.

I know it's my call.......... my conscience.  When I found out Gary Johnson wasn't pro-life, that eliminated him.

But the one thing of which I am absolutely sure is that I cannot vote for either Hillary or Trump...... and nothing Hillary does between now and November will force me to vote for Trump, who is equally evil, and in some ways more dangerous.

Hillary has already shown all her cards.  She is completely corrupt and evil.

But so is Donald.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2016, 04:25:51 pm »
If ONE third-party candidate could win ONE state's electors, there's a possibility that neither Trump nor Hillary would win the majority of electoral votes to win, and the House would pick a President.

The only problem with that is that only the three top candidates would be on the House ballot, and there is no viable and sane third party this year.

Missed opportunity for the Libertarians.

Yeah, it was.  But I'm convinced they don't want to win elections - they want to MOCK them.

ONLY in a case of complete national fragmentation will a third party win anything.  Last time it happened was when the abolitionist third-party, the Republicans, ran that geeky beanpole railroad lawyer from Illinois for President.  And even within a third-party, Lincoln was the convention's stalking-horse.  William Seward was the one going in with the most support.

Had the South not seceded, the Democrats would have won and the Whigs struggled on a few more years.

THIS year is the closest to that scenario we've seen in modern times.  And this year, with TWO miserable Major-Party candidates, the Libertarians could have run a reasonable man on a reasonable platform - and SWEPT it.

But that's not their aim.  Their aim is to be the political Monty Python.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:26:42 pm by JustPassinThru »

HonestJohn

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »
He's like the bad future version of Biff in Back to the Future II.   Thus further proving that truth really is stranger than fiction.

The model that the makers of Back to the Future II used as the template for Biff was actually Donald Trump.  No joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3284646/Back-Future-writer-reveals-film-villain-Biff-uses-family-money-assume-political-power-forces-women-plastic-surgery-based-Donald-Trump.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:01:17 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »
Every hour of every day my #nevertrump is further cemented.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »
@XenaLee

That's wild.

I kept trying to remember the movie so I could join that part of the conversation.  But it just does not remain in my memory.  Still, that's hilarious that Trump really was the model for it.

HAW HAW!
:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2016, 05:23:52 pm »
Even if you don't cast a vote for president,  don't stay home (as I have heard some pundits threaten), as there are local, state and congressional candidates who need our support.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2016, 05:28:04 pm »
Even if you don't cast a vote for president,  don't stay home (as I have heard some pundits threaten), as there are local, state and congressional candidates who need our support.

Absolutely!

The national party is now rotten, but there are still good (conservative) people at the state and local level that need to be supported.

If we don't do that, the country goes violently left at every level.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »
@skeeter @Hoodat

A couple of years ago, I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't get Twin Peaks out of my head.  I drove to the local diner, put the TP soundtrack on my Bluetooth earphone, and ate cherry pie and drank d@mn good coffee (and hot!) while getting some work done.

So, they have a cherry pie that'll kill ya?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:33:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2016, 05:33:59 pm »
Every hour of every day my #nevertrump is further cemented.

He's kinda like those big, orange circus peanuts.
They look ok from a distance, and you kinda remember them from your youth... So you buy a bag.
The first one is pure anticipation.
Then you take a bite.
But somewhere in the midst of the motion to return it for the second bite, the action is halted by a vile shudder and a sweep of nausea. Gak level achieved.
Now you have a bag of useless garbage that sold itself as a confection.
Bagholder.

Fortunately, learning occurs for some.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2016, 05:36:54 pm »

If I leave the top blank I must then vote in each individual race down the ballot instead of just checking the straight republican box as I have done for many years now.

If I  vote for one of the third party candidates at the top and also check the straight republican box my vote will be recorded that way.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2016, 06:21:37 pm »
If, at election day, an impeachment seems likely.  I will vote Trump.  Pence for president.

Impeachment is a pipe dream

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

My Senator is Johnny Isakson and my Rep is Tom Price.  I can't bring myself to vote for either one of them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2016, 06:39:44 pm »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2016, 06:51:38 pm »
And that is probably the only reason I will vote for Trump..I have to take him at his word that he will appoint a conserv Justice and now with Pence as VP he probably will.....

There are just so many possibilities I can't see that a vote for either candidate guarantees any outcome for the Supreme Court one way or the other.  Trump wins but we lose the Senate and can't get a Supreme Court nominee approved.    Or Trump wins we keep the Senate and Trump doesn'time us a decent nominee.  Hillary wins and we keep the Senate and we still can't get a decent SC nominee or there is enough pressure on Hillary and we do get a decent nominee. That's the only the most obvious scenarios.

Which is why I've decided on just voting my conscious.  Given our candidates there are no good choices and certainly nothing about either candidate that inspires any trust in their words.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2016, 06:54:11 pm »

Which is why I've decided on just voting my conscious.  Given our candidates there are no good choices and certainly nothing about either candidate that inspires any trust in their words.

If Stump wins and we keep the Senate, we are still going to get leftist nominees

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2016, 07:01:38 pm »

People voting their conscience and values really is the only way one should vote. 'Playing the game' with our votes is what got us into this mess we are in now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:03:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »
At this moment I am perfectly comfortable with my #nevertrump #NeverHillary choice in the general election this year.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2016, 07:18:05 pm »
At this moment I am perfectly comfortable with my #nevertrump #NeverHillary choice in the general election this year.

It's the only way to have a peaceful soul