Author Topic: Trump's Speech Trumped Cruz - Phylis Schafly  (Read 1581 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump's Speech Trumped Cruz - Phylis Schafly
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 06:50:42 pm »
Hey! I'm paying close attention to him.

Go ahead, Al. Keep going, your logic is impeccable. You've got my ear.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:51:51 pm by aligncare »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 07:45:57 pm »
So.  Has this place become the Democratic or Marxist Briefing Room?

That is about it.

:)

Took the blue off to see if it makes any sense.

**nononono*

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »
Hey! I'm paying close attention to him.

Go ahead, Al. Keep going, your logic is impeccable. You've got my ear.

He can have the rest of you, too. Its ok!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 09:08:01 pm »
Took the blue off to see if it makes any sense.

**nononono*
Perhaps he would be more comy at TOS where Unity is enforced with an iron fist. I hear its double plus good overe there.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 10:20:32 pm »
And another right wing icon bites the dust.

This is all about Trump's initial promises regarding the disposition of illegal aliens. IMO

Haven't any of these otherwise intelligent people noticed Trump is no longer talking about deportations or a wall?
Trumps promises are much like the Pirates Code and we all know that "the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. "
What? quoting fictional dialogue from a fictional character is absolutely as valid as quoting fictional promises from Trump! He's gonna send the millions of illegals back home.........but then he's gonna let all the good ones back in. Now I have to admit that I find the removal of illegals appealing, but not realistic. We are gonna round up a few million people, spending how much time and money, disrupting how much of the economy, to turn around and let the vast majority back in? Now wouldn't a much more intelligent idea be to secure the border(yes Trump wants to) and identify, investigate and legitimize the goodillegals in country and simply expel the bad ones? More rational, less expensive and disruptive, but not as rousing to the base. Of course it doesn't matter because Trump has already stated that what he says on the campaign trail are just words and it's only if he is elected that he will start actually seeing what might be done and what kind of deals he can make.  Well I'm tired of dealmakers and people telling me we need a dealmaker because it's the only way we will get anything at all. Sorry not buying the Trump brand, I want the kind of dealmaker that Reagan was with the Air Traffic Controllers not another Bohner,McConell,McCain aisle crossing dealmaker.

geronl

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 10:22:23 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 10:31:56 pm »
Trumps promises are much like the Pirates Code and we all know that "the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. "
What? quoting fictional dialogue from a fictional character is absolutely as valid as quoting fictional promises from Trump! He's gonna send the millions of illegals back home.........but then he's gonna let all the good ones back in. Now I have to admit that I find the removal of illegals appealing, but not realistic. We are gonna round up a few million people, spending how much time and money, disrupting how much of the economy, to turn around and let the vast majority back in? Now wouldn't a much more intelligent idea be to secure the border(yes Trump wants to) and identify, investigate and legitimize the goodillegals in country and simply expel the bad ones? More rational, less expensive and disruptive, but not as rousing to the base. Of course it doesn't matter because Trump has already stated that what he says on the campaign trail are just words and it's only if he is elected that he will start actually seeing what might be done and what kind of deals he can make.  Well I'm tired of dealmakers and people telling me we need a dealmaker because it's the only way we will get anything at all. Sorry not buying the Trump brand, I want the kind of dealmaker that Reagan was with the Air Traffic Controllers not another Bohner,McConell,McCain aisle crossing dealmaker.

The Trump immigration plan is all about believing in a magical wall and feeling good about it.

I preferred the Cruz plan because it was comprehensive and realistic. Finish the border fence already approved by congress, massively increase the number of border patrol agents and unbind their hands, expedite deportation as soon as illegals are caught, raise penalties for companies hiring illegals, enforce laws requiring companies to give Americans first shot at jobs, cut welfare benefits to illegals.