Author Topic: George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs  (Read 261 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/289241-george-will-raises-possible-trump-link-to-russian-oligarchs

George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs

By Joe Concha

Fox News contributor George Will says Donald Trump will not release his tax returns because they may show "he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs."

The claim -- which Will could not support with any tangible proof -- was made to Bret Baier on Fox News's "Special Report" live from the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia Monday night. The topic was raised after some Democratic Party officials, including Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, Robby Mook, attempted to connect the Republican nominee to a leak of Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails.

The Friday release by Wikileaks of those emails, which appear to show an effort by DNC officials to lead a campaign against Clinton primary rival Bernie Sanders, led to the abrupt resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who will step down following the convention.

"Both the campaign chair and anybody you talk to, including Senator Murphy (D-Conn.) would not go down that road once pressed on the connection between Russia and the Trump campaign," said Baier. "But they have thrown it out there. George?"

"Well, it's the sort of thing we might learn if we saw the candidates' tax returns," Will responded. "Perhaps one more reason why we're not seeing his tax returns because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs and others. Whether that's good, bad or indifferent, it's probably the reasonable surmise."

Will, 75, declared last month he was leaving the Republican Party as a result of Trump's rhetoric, stating, "I decided that in fact this was not my party anymore."

The former editor of National Review was a political commentator for ABC News for 42 years before joining Fox News in 2013.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: George Will raises possible Trump link to Russian oligarchs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:45 pm »
I saw this.  Will was smiling when he said it, so he's just poking at Trump, hoping for a response.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »
I saw this.  Will was smiling when he said it, so he's just poking at Trump, hoping for a response.

And as I said on other threads.......

If Trump is verified to be colluding with foreign governments to influence American elections, he will be tried and probably imprisoned in Leavenwoth for treason.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:20:36 pm »
And as I said on other threads.......

If Trump is verified to be colluding with foreign governments to influence American elections, he will be tried and probably imprisoned in Leavenwoth for treason.

Not if he wins.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:57:15 pm »
   This can't be True, I just read somewhere tRump was an ANTI-Globalist.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.