Author Topic: The Republican nominee speaks this Morning!  (Read 9011 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: The Republican nominee speaks this Morning!
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »
Good points.  Ome of Trump's motives for this nauseating convention was to show case his children so he can set up a political dynasty. 

Of course pundits were saying that Ivanka was speaking from Hilary's playbook, so to be honest, I truly believe that Trump as POTUS would take a hard left after the elction.

Heck, they took a hard left already to the cheers of the mesmerized crowd.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:53 pm »
On a day that should be dedicated to rallying the base and making a distinction between himself and Hillary, he goes and pulls an insane thing like this. He really is trying to lose on purpose

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 04:16:35 pm »
Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS  20m20 minutes ago
Jay Cost Retweeted Fyodor
There are a host of non-ideological tasks the president does. We usually take for granted, but Trump can't do them.

Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS  9m9 minutes ago
As far as I'm concerned, they can go  to hell. I will never support a group of people who would make such an irresponsible endorsement.

Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS  7m7 minutes ago
That includes Paul Ryan. "The Great GENIUS!1!1!" of conservative political economy. What he did this week was disgraceful.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
On a day that should be dedicated to rallying the base and making a distinction between himself and Hillary, he goes and pulls an insane thing like this.

That is what I was hoping for....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
I suggest the Constitution Party as the alternative. I cannot stomach the open borders Libertarians.

That is absolutely a valid choice and would probably fit the values of most here. I'm going Libertarian for a plethora of reasons although I agree, on the surface, their immigration stance is a failing point- however, I would give the case it has one big advantage- it would cut off all the social welfare programs that are attracting those who want to leech the system thus stopping a major incentive for illegal immigration. It would then be reduced through economic laws, just to those who have legitimate reasons to be here that are mutually beneficial (migrant workers for example which have been around for a long time without problems and do fill an economic need- and that is even being reduced greatly through automation so it is becoming less of an issue).

Offline austingirl

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:38 pm »
Good points.  Ome of Trump's motives for this nauseating convention was to show case his children so he can set up a political dynasty. 

Of course pundits were saying that Ivanka was speaking from Hilary's playbook, so to be honest, I truly believe that Trump as POTUS would take a hard left after the elction.

It really is disturbing how Trump is shoving his kids in our face. He does want to start another political dynasty- more proof that there is ruling class sentiment in the big money power structure. The last thing we need is "royalty" like the Kennedys and Bushes. Congress has already exempted themselves for the laws we must follow- totally contrary to the Founding Principles,

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2016, 04:20:37 pm »
That was clear in the speeches yesterday whether he gave this rant or not.  The crowd was cheering for Universal Childcare, protectionist trade and homosexual pride.  And other non-conservative stuff.  They were cheering for a man who told them "I am the only one who can solve this"  or something similar.  He said crime would end the day he becomes president.

It was crystal clear to me Monday evening when the delegates got rolled on the rules!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:22 pm »
EricaGrieder ‏@EricaGrieder  24m24 minutes ago
EricaGrieder Retweeted CNN
How can we expect Trump to keep us safe, when Rafael Cruz remains demonstrably at large?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »
On a day that should be dedicated to rallying the base and making a distinction between himself and Hillary, he goes and pulls an insane thing like this. He really is trying to lose on purpose

Yes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:26 pm »
That was clear in the speeches yesterday whether he gave this rant or not.  The crowd was cheering for Universal Childcare, protectionist trade and homosexual pride.  And other non-conservative stuff.  They were cheering for a man who told them "I am the only one who can solve this"  or something similar.  He said crime would end the day he becomes president.

You would have thought it was the dimocrap convention.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
Because very clearly it is not Hillary that the Trump/GOP-e alliance consider their enemy.  It is Ted Cruz and conservatives they consider the enemy.  Could it be any more clear that Trump is trying to alienate conservatives completely and throw the election to Hillary and the Democrats in historic fashion? 

Well stated and true.  Some of us have suspected Trump is actually Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse, notwithstanding the fact the Old Guard Establishment wanted their revenge on Reagan Conservatives and the TEA Party.

Of historical note (because human nature - especially human nature seeking positions of power never changes), political purges of the kind we are witnessing are always followed with pogroms, punishments and physical purges of the groups that have been marginalized.

Trump illustrates our worst fears being realized in this heinous display of Benito-esque vindictiveness.

Combine it with the death threats for treason that the Trump Militant mobs have been clamoring for, and a frightening reality becomes very clear.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:40 pm »
How can we expect Trump to keep us safe, when Rafael Cruz remains demonstrably at large?

Good point! :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
As a reminder, yesterday, Roger Stone and Alex Jones announced they were going to work to eliminate Cruz in the Senate by supporting a primary opponent- Katrina Pearson.

Yea, let that sink in for a moment.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline austingirl

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:17 pm »
Well stated and true.  Some of us have suspected Trump is actually Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse, notwithstanding the fact the Old Guard Establishment wanted their revenge on Reagan Conservatives and the TEA Party.

Of historical note (because human nature - especially human nature seeking positions of power never changes), political purges of the kind we are witnessing are always followed with pogroms, punishments and physical purges of the groups that have been marginalized.

Trump illustrates our worst fears being realized in this heinous display of Benito-esque vindictiveness.

Combine it with the death threats for treason that the Trump Militant mobs have been clamoring for, and a frightening reality becomes very clear.

Did you happen to see the forty five minute display of insanity this morning? Full-blown mental illness and praised by all the pundits. The flight of ideas was enough to make one's head spin.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »
Because very clearly it is not Hillary that the Trump/GOP-e alliance consider their enemy.  It is Ted Cruz and conservatives they consider the enemy.  Could it be any more clear that Trump is trying to alienate conservatives completely and throw the election to Hillary and the Democrats in historic fashion? 

I am totally DONE with the national level GOP, and how pathetic is Pence letting Trump drag him down to his level like that!  I was trying to tell myself that voting for the GOP ticket is a vote for Pence (and every other member of the GOP who threw in with Trump/GOP-e), now I despise Pence as much as Trump.

Pence isn't just pathetic; he's as corrupt as Trump.  He's willing to jettison his principles and flip on his positions for a grab at some power.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2016, 04:28:03 pm »

30m
Suzanne Munshower‏ @expatina
@stuartpstevens Also, “the wife,” rejecting Heidi Cruz to a meaningless object, is beyond insult.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »
As a reminder, yesterday, Roger Stone and Alex Jones announced they were going to work to eliminate Cruz in the Senate by supporting a primary opponent- Katrina Pearson.

What a waste of money. Katrina couldn't knock off Pete Sessions, who no longer maintains a residence in his district. He married a Florida woman after divorcing his first wife.

Katrina is doing herself no favors with her affiliation with Trump.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2016, 04:30:33 pm »

Trump plans to form and fund a PAC to defeat Cruz. However, he said in FOUR years, when the senate race is in two years. Either more ignorance or a Freudian slip since he is throwing the election to his good friend Hillary. Trump is vindictive and amoral.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »
It was crystal clear to me Monday evening when the delegates got rolled on the rules!

Good point!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »
That Trump said that Cruz's speech as written was a "boring speech, nothing of substance in it" should tell you everything you need to know about what Trump thinks of Conservative Principles, given that is exactly what Cruz articulated.

Not surprising, after all they booed the Constitution.

Trump will be the greatest wrecking ball and destroyer of Conservatives ever seen in history.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »
Three pages and not one Trump supporter to offer a defense?

Why not?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2016, 04:32:48 pm »
Sorry Myst, but did you see that Trump ACTUALLY stated that he would help set up a PAC to defeat Cruz in the 2018 TX senatorial primary?

THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!
He is truly NUTS!!!!!!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2016, 04:33:38 pm »
Wrll, Rush ignored the Trumpamelt for the first half hour.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »
Wrll, Rush ignored the Trumpamelt for the first half hour.

That is very telling. It was a shocking display of Trump's mental illness, vindictiveness and unfitness for office.