Author Topic: The Republican nominee speaks this Morning!  (Read 9009 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Republican nominee speaks this Morning!
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2016, 08:10:36 pm »
....Such as Trump, running against Cruz the day after he receives the nomination to run against Hillary.

I hate to do this. You were so promising in the beginning that I put you on a list of friends. But, now you leave me no choice. I'm forced to remove you from the buddy list...I hope you don't take it too hard.   :seeya:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:12:47 pm by aligncare »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2016, 08:15:54 pm »
Sanity no longer spoken here. Hillary wants 500% more muslim refugees admitted,

#Nevertrumps response "what difference does it make?"

#Nevertrumps talking points=democrat talking points

Are you good with Ivanka touting the Democrat agenda last night?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:25 pm »
I hate to do this. You were so promising in the beginning that I put you on a list of friends. But, now you leave me no choice. I'm forced to remove you from the buddy list...I hope you don't take it too hard.   :seeya:

I don't take it personally.
We just disagree.
All I can say is that every time Trump does something that may win me over, he turns around and does stuff just like this.
I have been trying to keep an open mind, and I don't want Hillary, but this stuff just never seems to go away.
It is like one of those bad horror movies on late night TV.

"The Return of the Son of the Thing that Wouldn't Go Away".
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:27:48 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2016, 08:26:23 pm »
Unemployment low in swing states:

How bad is the economy?
Swing state jobless rates:
NH 2.8%
CO & VA 3.7%
IA 4%
FL 4.7%
NC 4.9%
OH 5%
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline beandog

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
Donald Trump is the Republican nominee; why can't neverTrump cruisers move on? Disheartening....

Because I'm a conservative, not a liberal.  That a crazy liberal was nominated by the Republican party is what is disheartening.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38:02 pm »
lori fournier ‏@lori4nier  5h5 hours ago Arlington, VA
Truest thing Trump has ever said, "We have a lot of ideas people don't normally have."

Offline etcb

« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38:31 pm »
This shows that we cannot let this man anywhere near the White House.  He probably would use ill-gotten gains to destroy Cruz or anyone else who insulted him.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it   -- Yogi Berra

To paraphrase the great Yogi - When faced with two bad choices, make one.

As voters, we are clearly faced with two awful choices.  On the one hand, we have Hillary Clinton who would be better suited for the Jail House while on the other hand, we have Donald Trump who sometimes seems to be auditioning for the Nut House.  One of them will be elected to the presidency in November.  The only question remaining is which one.

The principled side of me wants to refuse to vote for either by voting third party or just not voting for anyone for that office.  The practical side of me cautions that while opting out might allow me to feel self-righteous , it would not alter the fact that one of them is going to be president and there is no way for me to escape living with the results.  With me, the practical side has won out and after careful analysis, I will be holding my nose real hard and voting for Trump.  Let me explain my thought process.

1.   Supreme Court:   On the first day in office, the new president will have one Supreme Court Justice Appointment waiting.  There is no doubt about the type person Clinton will appoint.  There is a good chance that especially early in his term, Trump will make a reasonable appointment.  (No guarantee on Trump, but certainty on Clinton.)  At least two more appoints are expected during the next presidential term and a chance for a constitutional court is better than a certain rubber stamp for executive rule.

2.   Illegal immigration:  Clinton is firmly on record favoring open borders and favoring illegals over citizens.  Trump has placed such emphasis on this issue that his ego will force him to at least attempt to do something positive.  Again a good chance for positive results is better than a certain bad result.

3.   Accountability:  This is most difficult one.  Clinton by being a democrat and the first woman president would be totally unaccountable.  There is absolutely nothing she could do that would result in 67 Senators voting to remove her from office.  She is well aware of this and her record informs that she would take full advantage.  Trump would be removable if he went completely over the rails.  In addition to the Impeachment Clause, he would be vulnerable  under Section 4 to the 25th Amendment.   Gov. Pence is a solid individual and would be a reasonable back up.  Nothing is guaranteed but again a good chance is better than a certain disaster.

I have voted in every presidential election since Lyndon Johnson defeated Barry Goldwater in 1964.  During that time, I have been faced with clear good vs bad only two times.  Never before, however, has the choice been so clearly weighed to the negative side.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2016, 08:41:28 pm »
So much for Trump's nonsense on Crime:

Wingnut

« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2016, 09:07:49 pm »
But, now you leave me no choice. I'm forced to remove you from the buddy list...I hope you don't take it too hard.   :seeya:

I'm sure he's on suicide watch over you de-buddy'n him.   

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »
Look what I found:

So what was that “nasty” added line in the “first two sentences?”

The text of Cruz’s speech as it was prepared for delivery was released by the RNC before Cruz took the stage and the first few sentences read:

Thank you. Heidi and I are honored to join you here in Cleveland, where Lebron James just led an incredible comeback victory. I’m convinced America is going to come back too.

I congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night.

Conventions are times of excitement. But given the events of the last few weeks, I hope you’ll allow me a moment to talk to you about what’s really at stake.

Now, Time magazine has a transcript of Cruz’s delivered remarks, and if we put the “added” sentences in bold it reads:

Thank you, and god bless each and every one of you.

Heidi and I are so honored to join you here in Cleveland where LeBron James just lead an incredible comeback victory, and I am convinced America is going to come back too.

(APPLAUSE)

I want to congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night.

(APPLAUSE)

And, like each of you, I want to see the principles that our party believes prevail in November.

Conventions are times of excitement, but given the events of the last few weeks I hope you’ll allow me a moment to talk to you about what’s really at stake.

So, umm, which one of those sentences were “nasty?” Surely it wasn’t “God bless each and every one of you.” Likewise, it couldn’t have been “I am convinced America is going to come back too?"

Was it, “And, like each of you, I want to see the principles that our party believes in prevail in November?”

Trump said he thought it was very “dishonorable” of Sen. Cruz to add one of those sentences, that Cruz was “implying something.”

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/trump-is-right-ted-cruz-did-add-a-line-to-his-speech#sthash.eRkdIktI.dpuf

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

geronl

« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:08 pm »
lori fournier ‏@lori4nier  5h5 hours ago Arlington, VA
Truest thing Trump has ever said, "We have a lot of ideas people don't normally have."

:silly: :silly:

A lot of idears that normal people don't have!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:26 pm »
With me, the practical side has won out and after careful analysis, I will be holding my nose real hard and voting for Trump.  Let me explain my thought process.

Allow me to introduce you to @LonestarDream

Hey buddy. Update head count.

ectb: LD is the Trump Realist Minister With Portfolio

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2016, 11:02:32 pm »
In my mind, Ivanka is telling Donald JR, it was your turn to give him his meds this morning!

LOL ~ Good one @LilLamb ~ I remember Trump getting interviewed about him not drinking, smoking, etc., and he said something like, "well, there are other things I do." Not sure what that meant, but he wasn't questioned further.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2016, 12:02:42 am »
In case anyone wondered what Ted was doing today

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2016, 12:59:11 am »
Why can't he move on and concentrate on Hilary...his real enemy.....very disheartening.

Good question.  I don't think he is capable.  It is his narcissistic personality.  Makes him look smaller than his hands.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »
Party dividers are not good people.

I dub thee ....   The King of Irony. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2016, 09:40:17 pm »
Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Took me a while but I finally found it @guitar4jesus >

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2016, 09:48:59 pm »

Sweet!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2016, 01:39:50 pm »

Wow, Caine Mutiny was on TCM last night, and talk about timely.  Queeg and Trump have more  in common than not.  I can also see Orange Julius coming unglued in a national emergency.  Paranoia runs deep in this one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »
Paranoia runs deep in this one.

Yes it does...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »
Wow, Caine Mutiny was on TCM last night, and talk about timely.  Queeg and Trump have more  in common than not.  I can also see Orange Julius coming unglued in a national emergency.  Paranoia runs deep in this one.

For a long time my tagline at another site was...

Trump to McCain, "Pass the strawberries".

It wasn't very well received.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Wingnut

« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2016, 03:16:58 pm »
For a long time my tagline at another site was...

Trump to McCain, "Pass the strawberries".

It wasn't very well received.

Well, I can't imagine why?   :beer: