Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77105 times)

Offline Mechanicos

WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE

SENATOR TED CRUZ REFUSED TO ENDORSE TRUMP AT RNC—
WOULD NOT ENDORSE TRUMP—
TOLD REPUBLICANS TO VOTE THEIR CONSCIENCE!!!

Cruz only mentioned Donald Trump ONCE!

Omg. The #RNCinCLE reception for @tedcruz speech is the best TV since the premiere of House of Cards back in March

— Ryan Adserias (@ryanpadserias) July 21, 2016

Crowd Boos Him Off Stage—-

Ted Cruz fails to endorse Donald Trump; crowd boos as he walks off stage.pic.twitter.com/Fr28ZRg0JX

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) July 21, 2016

@tedcruz is more Larry David than Bernie Sanders. Narcissist. #MAGA #RNCinCLE

— Neil Dwyer (@DwyerDish) July 21, 2016

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/wow-political-suicide-ted-cruz-refuses-endorse-trump-crowd-boos-off-stage/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

Give us Barrabas!!

Give us Palpatine!!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Over dramatization in the original article; but....

I'm sure Cruz will be okay, even if Trump loses, he will be the figurehead leader a la Romney?

Cruz will do just fine. I'm loyal to the party and not to Cruz or Trump. Trump is the nominee, Cruz has reasons to hold back his endorsement.

Cruz's campaign was not angelic either, they had the mailers, the incident in Iowa with Carson and Cruz was buddy buddy with Trump when it suited him.

Offline ScottinVA

CRUZ DIDN'T ENDORSE HOLY ORANGE GLORIOUS!!!!!

888ohnoes

geronl

Trumps supporters want a dictator. That much is obvious.

There was absolutely not one good reason for Ted Cruz, or any conservative, to endorse Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Reagan endorsed Ford in 1976 and won Potus in 1980.

Cruz withheld endorsing tonight, and it will no be forgotten. It is a symbol of political judgment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online LMAO

Whatever one thinks of Cruz or Trump the fact is the GOP nominee faces Clinton with a party that's divided and in turmoil. I'm not sure if Cruz was the nominee if things would be different but the division and chaos in the GOP puts a party that already faces disadvantages in the general election in a very precarious position.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

Trumps supporters want a dictator. That much is obvious.

There was absolutely not one good reason for Ted Cruz, or any conservative, to endorse Trump.

Only in a sick, twisted mind is "vote your conscience" a negative.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now, this is class, Mike Pence; pro-life, Hoosier, loves America.

The likes of Cruz and in fact, supporters too, could learn a lesson.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Cruz withheld endorsing tonight, and it will no be forgotten. It is a symbol of political judgment.

Reagan DID NOT BY NAME ENDORSE FORD at the Convention in '76.  He endorsed the platform and stated that they needed to "go forth united".

Text of Reagan's Speech in 1976:

http://www.nationalcenter.org/ReaganConvention1976.html
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If you take Cruz saying 'vote your values' as not endorsing Trump - you admit Trump does not follow your values.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

I may be wrong,but I think this will help him politically in the future. It shows him to be a man of character. Someone that will stick with what they think is right even if it is unpopular at the time.

ANY fool can join a mob.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Political judgement??  ....hmmm let's see ... not endorsing someone who doesn't have a clue, who has used bullying, lying and cheating to obtain his nomination .... yep ... definitely a good sense of political judgement!  Secondly ... Trump is definitely 'no' Gerald Ford.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:09:09 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

Over dramatization in the original article; but....

I'm sure Cruz will be okay, even if Trump loses, he will be the figurehead leader a la Romney?

Cruz will do just fine. I'm loyal to the party and not to Cruz or Trump. Trump is the nominee, Cruz has reasons to hold back his endorsement.

Cruz's campaign was not angelic either, they had the mailers, the incident in Iowa with Carson and Cruz was buddy buddy with
I've watching these prez campaigns for over fify years. I've never, ever seen a candidate from either major party call the names, the slander, the insults Trump has called the other Republican candidates. I was hoping Cruz had the character not to cave, and he didn't disappoint me.

Offline libertybele

@truth_seeker

I may be wrong,but I think this will help him politically in the future. It shows him to be a man of character. Someone that will stick with what they think is right even if it is unpopular at the time.

ANY fool can join a mob.

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

Called him lying Ted one too many times.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline goatprairie

I expected a Trump a**-kisser like Carlson to get his panties in a knot, but I surprised to see Brit Hume with his lips glued to Trump's posterior. I always suspected Chris Wallace was a weasel just like his pappy. I was proved right.

geronl

Reagan did not endorse Ford in 1976 unless you hire a very liberal interpreter.

"Vote your conscience" is as close as Ted could have come without compromising his principles.

Offline Ancient

I can see why the RNC would boo any mention of the word conscious.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I supported Cruz and still do not support Trump. I think Cruz should not have shown up in that hall if he was not going to lend more support to the ticket. Maybe he is standing on principle, but what about the principle and honor of signing a pledge and abiding by it because you gave your word?

Only the diehard supporters will think Cruz helped himself tonight.

geronl

I supported Cruz and still do not support Trump. I think Cruz should not have shown up in that hall if he was not going to lend more support to the ticket.

He had every right to be there. He supported the party, the platform, he stood up for the values and principles that the party supposedly stands for. He made the best speech of the convention.

This is not the Trump convention, this is a party convention.

Ted Cruz is 100% right on the money.

Online LMAO

Quote from: massadvj link=topic=216745.msg977819#msg977819 date=1469072215

[/quote

I supported Cruz and still would rather see him as the nominee but several months ago, I had the sense both Trump and Cruz were becoming too toxic for the electorate.

Should Trump lose in Nov, the 2020 GOP nominee needs to be a new face.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fantom

It was so radical of Ted to say "Vote your conscience.  Vote to defend the Constitution."  Do the unmentionalbles even know what they were booing?

Obviously.... they.. the boo'rs know what they s'port is unconscionable.... and UN-Constitutional.

Otherwise they would have stood in ovation of Teds speech.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

I supported Cruz and still do not support Trump. I think Cruz should not have shown up in that hall if he was not going to lend more support to the ticket. Maybe he is standing on principle, but what about the principle and honor of signing a pledge and abiding by it because you gave your word?

The Trump campaign approved the speech, then planned the boos. 

He had no obligation to endorse Trump.  That pledge was stupid and anybody who thinks Trump would have supported it is smoking something.  Everybody KNEW Cruz wasn't going to endorse, so all this angst is really funny to me.

I think Cruz did help himself.  And Trump won't be able to resist trashing Cruz tomorrow night, which is exactly the reaction Cruz likely wants.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

I must be a die hard Cruz supporter then, because tonight I heard someone who actually speaks for me.

BTW Trump himself backed out of the pledge deal on 3/30/16 on CNN. So can we dispense with that particular untruth, at least?