Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20  (Read 38019 times)

Silver Pines

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2016, 04:16:59 am »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #901 on: July 21, 2016, 04:18:33 am »
You need the Trumpster's secret decoder ring to understand it.

How about a little orphan Annie decoder ring like in "A Christmas Story". Instead of saying "drink ovaltine" it says "Vote Trump"
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #902 on: July 21, 2016, 04:19:06 am »

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  14m14 minutes ago
This isn't about Cruz. It's about the fact that the Trump team is a clown car filled with angry Pennywise sociopaths.

I can't quit giggling over that one!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2016, 04:24:37 am »
My question is this...why would the Trumpaholics want Cruz's endorsement? After all, they think he's a liar, the devil, an adulter, son of JFK's assassian, a globalist, and in general simply vile. Logic?
I posted on another thread that if he went on stage and sang the praises of the Donald, and then said, "But he says I am a pathological liar.", would their heads explode?

They don't need no steenking logic, they are blinded by the spray tan!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #904 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:05 am »
Let him speak anyway, after inviting him to speak. 

"I'm gonna give him one more chance.  One more chance to kneel before me.  And if he doesn't, I'll go straight to tweeter and make fun of him for it!" 

Whaddamaroon.

That tweet is still on his feed, I'm reading the responses to it now.  A lot of people are pretty dang witty...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:47 am »
Freya, don't let it bother you. friend.  Ted Cruz doesn't get intimidated.  This kind of crap rolls right off him and he glides on by, unfazed. 

He's looking ahead to 2020.  In November, when the oafish nominee crashes and burns, Ted's going to be the leader of a movement.

@CatherineofAragon  you should see the comments on the news web pages about Sen Cruz. I've never seen such vile things said in my life. People really are drinking the koolade and Loving Donald like he is our Saviour.

I think IMHO start reading Gibbons now. Between O, Donald and Hillary, this great country is going to fall for all the exact reasons Rome did. We didn't learn anything from history. We need a man or woman with the values and intelligence of Sen Cruz.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #906 on: July 21, 2016, 04:27:59 am »
Not if my life depended on it!

Are the zombies over there furious that Ted Cruz remained honorable and did not endorse the evil one.

He gave a great speech though and did urge people to vote ... I may just write in Ted Cruz.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #907 on: July 21, 2016, 04:29:59 am »
@CatherineofAragon  you should see the comments on the news web pages about Sen Cruz. I've never seen such vile things said in my life. People really are drinking the koolade and Loving Donald like he is our Saviour.

I think IMHO start reading Gibbons now. Between O, Donald and Hillary, this great country is going to fall for all the exact reasons Rome did. We didn't learn anything from history. We need a man or woman with the values and intelligence of Sen Cruz.

Hope and change 2.0, no matter how you go.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2016, 04:31:36 am »
Let him speak anyway, after inviting him to speak. 

"I'm gonna give him one more chance.  One more chance to kneel before me.  And if he doesn't, I'll go straight to tweeter and make fun of him for it!" 

Whaddamaroon.

@realDonaldTrump You do know you said this in March, right?

https://twitter.com/TrumpinTheShark/status/755972276038856706

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2016, 04:36:26 am »
They don't need our votes, remember?

And aren't getting mine, either!

Trump 'let him speak'... what a guy.  He probably thought Ted Cruz would cave.  Not happenin', baby.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #911 on: July 21, 2016, 04:40:56 am »
Tonight was a watermark of the kind that only comes around once every 30, 40, 50 years.

I do not believe anything will be the same, politically. I know it won't with me.

I'm seriously considering leaving the Republican Party completely after tonight and changing my registration to independent.  Thing is, I won't be able to vote in the primary in my state if I do that.  I am SO DISGUSTED with the GOP right now though.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #912 on: July 21, 2016, 04:43:32 am »
He won the internet, lol.
I officially went #NeverTrump tonight after Trump's tweet about Cruz not honoring his pledge. He could have said that he was the guy Cruz was talking about in his speech. Gingrich tried to do that for him. Trump can't do it.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #913 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:07 am »

Donor suite?  I thought Trump didn't need donors and would be finding his own campaign.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:44:34 am by Eowyn »

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #914 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:41 am »
He won the internet, lol.
Actually, I think Ted Cruz is STILL winning the internet...Cruz is STILL trending on top....

Worldwide Trends

Ted Cruz
  • 392K Tweets 

Silver Pines

« Reply #915 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:47 am »
Well, isn't that interesting.  For someone who lost the election and is a "loser", why would the RNC give a rats patooty who he endorses, let alone start attacking him after the fact?  I wonder what they fear? :whistle:

Because they're petty anal orifices and they despise Cruz so much they'll do anything to humiliate him. 

Online DB

« Reply #916 on: July 21, 2016, 04:45:28 am »
I'm seriously considering leaving the Republican Party completely after tonight and changing my registration to independent.  Thing is, I won't be able to vote in the primary in my state if I do that.  I am SO DISGUSTED with the GOP right now though.

I've waited until Trump was the official nominee. Now that I and the Republican party have little in common anymore I'm changing to independent. And that's after being a Republican for 36 years and never missing an election.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #917 on: July 21, 2016, 04:47:17 am »
Think we should start a poll on whom Trump will plagiarize tomorrow night: Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, or Mother Theresa...

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #918 on: July 21, 2016, 04:48:42 am »

Disappointed in Trump for putting out that tweet about Cruz.

Took Cruz's implied endorsement way too hard, especially with Newt's commentary.

Still will vote for Trump.  After all, as a realist, I expect this stuff from Trump.

Just watched Ingraham's speech.  She is silly, I remember on her show, she claimed Cruz was losing his leverage to become Trump's VP.

And yet...

There she is, DEMANDING that Cruz endorse at the convention-- which he still could explicitly.

Guess Cruz has a little more leverage than the 'conservative media complex' wanted to admit.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Silver Pines

« Reply #919 on: July 21, 2016, 04:49:31 am »
I can't quit giggling over that one!

Lol, I know, right?  Pretty apt...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #920 on: July 21, 2016, 04:49:48 am »
The election is 109 days away, and Trump is still bashing Ted Cruz.

Bashing Democrats?  Not so much.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #921 on: July 21, 2016, 04:52:15 am »
We Can #StopTrump@Trump_Truther   4m4 minutes ago

Did you notice how the crowd knew instantly that Ted Cruz's "#VoteYourConscience" meant "vote against Trump?" Why do you suppose that is?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #922 on: July 21, 2016, 04:53:52 am »
We Can #StopTrump@Trump_Truther   4m4 minutes ago

Did you notice how the crowd knew instantly that Ted Cruz's "#VoteYourConscience" meant "vote against Trump?" Why do you suppose that is?

Oh, it was very, very, very telling of a night. A lot of things were exposed to the light.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #923 on: July 21, 2016, 04:54:41 am »
I officially went #NeverTrump tonight after Trump's tweet about Cruz not honoring his pledge. He could have said that he was the guy Cruz was talking about in his speech. Gingrich tried to do that for him. Trump can't do it.

Trump continues to disappoint.  I keep searching for a sign that he is ready to become an adult and step into a role of leadership, but the days continue to pass with unforced error after unforced error.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #924 on: July 21, 2016, 04:55:47 am »
Jay Cost@JayCostTWS   30m30 minutes ago

"Vote your conscience," says Ted Cruz. Five days ago, @Reince's RNC stooges told Mike Lee to STFU over a conscience clause. Get it?