Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20  (Read 38005 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:08 pm »
I have not sen you posting here before; but I am looking forward to seeing more. I am here as a FR Refugee. Got a PM over there from @mystery-ak  which I took as more or less an order:

"Get over here" with a link. Well, I did and I am glad I did.

Good to see you here, don-o.  Let's do what we can to make lemonade out of the lemons.   :patriot:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »
With all respect, I think the Lord has already revealed the truth about Trump.  And I rest assured that He doesn't expect me to throw support to a man who openly mocks Him.

From his book, "Think Like A Billionaire":

And yet Jesus chose a manger...

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
Trump is a dangerous, erratic and immature man who doesn't take responsibility for anything. That makes him at least as much of a threat as anything Obama/Clinton can throw at us. Even worse is the fact tat he doesn't seem capable of learning from his mistakes.

Clinton as a criminal who belongs in prison for Benghazi but she does learn from her mistakes and won't let that one happen again.

As far as Clinton going to prison, chances of that evaporated when Trump snuggled up to the GOP establishment. There is some guilt one the GOPe for being involved in that mess and Clinton going down would take some big name republicans with her. Ted Cruz was the only one I heard pointing to responsibility for Libya on both sides of the aisle and he said his AG pic would be directed to pursue the truth and prosecution on both sides of the aisle if that's where it belonged.

That is a MAJOR problem with supporting TRump over Hillary.  If Hillary wins she will have opposition to her agenda from the right. If Trump wins he won't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:36 pm »
Yeah, of all our choices we end up with the guy who praised Billzebubba as a good president, praised Hillary's as Sec. of State, was a registered Democrat for the first 4 years of Obummer, and has a wife that admires Michelle Obama. This is the chosen one that can beat Hillary?!

:thud: :facepalm2:

There were plenty of other choices that we could have lived with. But no, the country just had to have the democrat from NY. Because Wall- Oh wait, it's just a virtual wall with a big beautiful door. Because Refugees- Oh wait, he doesn't want to get rid of them anymore and closed the convention the other day with a muslim prayer. I don't know what Donny has left. Because abortion - Oh wait, he back peddled on that too. Because taxes- Oh, wait he wants to raise taxes. I guess destroying the world economy with tariffs. Yee Haw!
That's my two cents.

When you lay it all out like that it sounds even more ridiculous.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2016, 09:22:58 pm »
I could get with that reasoning if someone were holding a gun to my head in the voting booth.  But as it is, I don't "have" to do anything and no hand was dealt to me.I have free will, and no one owns my vote.  It must be earned. 

If I were to vote for Clinton or Trump, it would be hard to live with myself.   Rejecting both of those disasters is the only acceptable option for me.

Right there with you! No more will I play prisoner's dilemma with the two (really one) party candidates!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:46 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I love it that you're finally admitting you really do need our votes, after all.  Back when you and your candidate dismissed the concept, some of us always knew you'd change your tune.

But you're out of luck, because you'll never get mine.  And don't presume to lecture me on the "importance of voting" for a progressive Hillary donor, because it's ridiculous on its face.

Have fun!
The next time someone uses that "you have to vote for Trump, because Hillary" crap....tell them this:

"I would rather let Joe babysit my kids instead of Mike because Joe has raped fewer kids than Mike."

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, understand that this is exactly what you sound like when you're attempting to justify your decision to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Silver Pines

« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »
Only time will tell.

Tell me that He expects me to support someone amoral?  No.  If I believed that, I would be deluding myself.

There's no way I will vote for either of the progressives in this race.

Silver Pines

« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2016, 09:28:41 pm »
Right there with you! No more will I play prisoner's dilemma with the two (really one) party candidates!

The Republican party has us well-trained.  Time to break those shackles.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30:15 pm »
That is a MAJOR problem with supporting TRump over Hillary.  If Hillary wins she will have opposition to her agenda from the right. If Trump wins he won't.

I think it was either John or Sam Adams who made the same point about having a clear enemy at the head of government that can be fought.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »
When you lay it all out like that it sounds even more ridiculous.
If it were just one or two things it might be easy to dismiss as a 'nothing burger', but Trump has so many of these, you could feed five thousands besides women and children with his nothing burgers and still have twelve basketfulls of nothing burgers left.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Resp3

« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2016, 09:31:37 pm »
Quote from: Bigun on Today at 04:20:19 PM

BINGO!  Thank you for reminding us of that. 

Say What Now? When you consider how much "opposition" Obama has had from the right - then how will Hillary be any different?

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2016, 09:32:59 pm »
Yep, I couldn't stand him before he ran for president, either.  He was always just a gasbag braggart.  Now I know he's worse than that.
Funny thing is, I remember him being put on some kind of allowance back in the 80's by a bankruptcy court, may have heard about some of his martial problems via threads etc. and knew he had some sort of TV show. I really never paid any attention to him until last year and never in my wildest dreams thought he would effect my world in any way.
I still think his running was a publicity stunt at best and a way to get a Hispanic judge to recuse himself at worst.
I think my wife is eventually going to vote for him which will give him a vote. I will probably not vote for Hillary which will be a vote for Trump. That makes it unanimous in my household.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2016, 09:34:42 pm »

There were plenty of other choices that we could have lived with. But no, the country just had to have the democrat from NY. Because Wall- Oh wait, it's just a virtual wall with a big beautiful door. Because Refugees- Oh wait, he doesn't want to get rid of them anymore and closed the convention the other day with a muslim prayer. I don't know what Donny has left. Because abortion - Oh wait, he back peddled on that too. Because taxes- Oh, wait he wants to raise taxes. I guess destroying the world economy with tariffs. Yee Haw!
That's my two cents.

OK I think I'm starting to understand why Trumpers are so angry. I'd be angry too if I supported a candidate who threatened to give me ideological whiplash.

They need to stop venting their anger on us and focus it on the cause.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2016, 09:35:49 pm »
OK I think I'm starting to understand why Trumpers are so angry. I'd be angry too if I supported a candidate who threatened to give me ideological whiplash.

They need to stop venting their anger on us and focus it on the cause.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2016, 09:36:05 pm »
The next time someone uses that "you have to vote for Trump, because Hillary" crap....tell them this:

"I would rather let Joe babysit my kids instead of Mike because Joe has raped fewer kids than Mike."

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, understand that this is exactly what you sound like when you're attempting to justify your decision to vote for the lesser of two evils.
Nailed it!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
As per my previous example, the house is gone. 

Through the grace of God, my house is still standing.  YMMV.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »
Quote from: Bigun on Today at 04:20:19 PM

BINGO!  Thank you for reminding us of that. 

Say What Now? When you consider how much "opposition" Obama has had from the right - then how will Hillary be any different?

If we lie to ourselves about who and what Trump is, then you're right.  If we're honest with ourselves about our own conservative principals and how little of that Trump shares, even if he wins we will continue to criticize his liberalism when it shows up.  #eyeswideopen

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:33 pm »
That does not really apply here.  If a tornado hits your house, you know the house is toast.  You don't need to wait and hope for a better revelation from God.
Reminds me of this:
God Will Save Me
A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
“If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.” 

Alexander Hamilton

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2016, 09:41:34 pm »
Andy in Canada after Voting for Trump and drinking lots of bourbon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqymcJRSbxI
Okay, dude that was funny as hell. But I am a much better singer than that guy, even stone drunk. And for me to vote for Herr Donald, I am going to have to outdo what I did in '08, when Obama beat McPain, for whom my affection was limited, to say the least. One full bottle of Famous Grouse later...
This would be worse.

Mama, just chose a man
Put my pen next to his name
Checked it off
I feel ashamed

Melanian Rhapsody
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »
Tell me that He expects me to support someone amoral?  No.  If I believed that, I would be deluding myself.

There's no way I will vote for either of the progressives in this race.

You may be far more confident in how you see your tomorrows unfold.  I am a simple man that knows not each day if I will be blessed to awaken once again as I lay down to rest.  As simple as I am, I can recall that when I laid my head to rest on September 10, 2001, I had no foresight as to what I would awaken to.  That recollection serves to remind me of my place in the grand scheme.  YMMV.

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »
Mamma

I just killed America

Pulled the lever for Don Trump

Voted for his tiny hands now its dead...

You don't even need to change the words from "Death on Two Legs":
Misguided old mule
With your pigheaded rules
With your narrow-minded cronies who are fools of the first division-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVpk0qxmfA
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »
I think it was either John or Sam Adams who made the same point about having a clear enemy at the head of government that can be fought.

It was Alexander Hamilton.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »
It was Alexander Hamilton.

Thankee Sai :beer: