Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28100 times)

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #725 on: July 20, 2016, 04:08:55 am »
"Lock her up."

Since when do Americans advocate locking up their political opponents?

Since when their political opponent committed felonies.

Offline WAC

« Reply #726 on: July 20, 2016, 04:18:23 am »
Or critical thinking thread, not toeing the party line. Where all sides are free to discuss the aspects, not just a 'ra ra' section.

Well it wasn't my idea to have separate threads, however I've read thru this thread and wouldn't call what's here "critical thinking" by any means, rather reminds me of the threads at FR only over there the bashing was against Cruz supporters.... .........Trump 'opposers' are no different here than the Trump supporters over there....

My supporting Trump has nothing to do with toeing the party line....Many here know we're in the world series playoffs in this election.....their team didn't make 'the cut' and neither did mine.  ..and I wouldn't care what the winning team calls themselves going up against The Clinton/Obama machine....I will vote for them and cheer them on an day for the win over seeing the Clintons back in Washington to finish off what Obama and they started long ago...which is the destruction of this country.

And neither does it have anything to do with drinking any kool-aid......as some have referred to.....it has to do with positions Trump holds I agree with....and why wouldn't I agree, many of them Trump simply enlarged on from meetings with Cruz and Sessions.

I agree with Trump on securing the borders and immigration....taking care of our Vets,...strengthening our Military and letting them fight to win, ...taking out ISIS and not letting refugees enter this country.....putting our country ahead of other nations....balancing the budget....smaller government.....Supreme Court appointments he's listed etc. etc.....What's not Constitutional or Conservative about those??????.....Heck even Cruz is glad to work with Trump on the issues they agree on.

But too many here pigeon hole all Trump supporters under one umbrella......when in fact many thought through their decision carefully and not exactly easily either.  Do I support everything...of course not...there's never been a candidate i agreed on everything with..including Cruz.  These men are not perfectly suited to us....but we vote for those closest to it.

So yes I'll support Trump ...and his VP selection only

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #727 on: July 20, 2016, 04:22:52 am »
Nope. But I'll  hassle the hell out of you.

You owe me $100.    :seeya:

:beer:        :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #728 on: July 20, 2016, 04:24:39 am »
Well it wasn't my idea to have separate threads, however I've read thru this thread and wouldn't call what's here "critical thinking" by any means, rather reminds me of the threads at FR only over there the bashing was against Cruz supporters.... .........Trump 'opposers' are no different here than the Trump supporters over there....

My supporting Trump has nothing to do with toeing the party line....Many here know we're in the world series playoffs in this election.....their team didn't make 'the cut' and neither did mine.  ..and I wouldn't care what the winning team calls themselves going up against The Clinton/Obama machine....I will vote for them and cheer them on an day for the win over seeing the Clintons back in Washington to finish off what Obama and they started long ago...which is the destruction of this country.

And neither does it have anything to do with drinking any kool-aid......as some have referred to.....it has to do with positions Trump holds I agree with....and why wouldn't I agree, many of them Trump simply enlarged on from meetings with Cruz and Sessions.

I agree with Trump on securing the borders and immigration....taking care of our Vets,...strengthening our Military and letting them fight to win, ...taking out ISIS and not letting refugees enter this country.....putting our country ahead of other nations....balancing the budget....smaller government.....Supreme Court appointments he's listed etc. etc.....What's not Constitutional or Conservative about those??????.....Heck even Cruz is glad to work with Trump on the issues they agree on.

But too many here pigeon hole all Trump supporters under one umbrella......when in fact many thought through their decision carefully and not exactly easily either.  Do I support everything...of course not...there's never been a candidate i agreed on everything with..including Cruz.  These men are not perfectly suited to us....but we vote for those closest to it.

So yes I'll support Trump ...and his VP selection only

Thanks for letting us know how your thinking has been evolving .
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #729 on: July 20, 2016, 04:25:43 am »
They spoke together at that event in Washington DC; I forget what exactly.
<snipped>

The Stop Iran Deal together, yes, they teamed up.

I found pictures from TV coverage calling it a Trump Cruz rally; if that doesn't mean an alliance even for a day, I don't know what does.

One may say, well, that was a rally against the Iran deal; one thing we know, we don't find Trump Jeb Bush rallies or Trump Rubio rallies, no Trump Kasich rallies but indeed, there is a Trump Cruz rally to be found.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #730 on: July 20, 2016, 04:27:17 am »
Cruz has alot of political capital now. I do not think they could get away with marginalizing him.

Then you have not been paying attention to what they just did this week at the Convention.

YES they can and YES THEY WILL.

It was Cruz the Establishment hated all along, which is why the entire Establishment got behind Trump. 

He was no threat to their oligarchy and gravy train because he ensures Hillary's coronation or he's into it for his own royal dynasty, in which case it's win-win for the Ruling Class.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #731 on: July 20, 2016, 04:34:16 am »

‘Playing the Long Game’08.19.15 12:15 AM ET
Cruz, Trump in Secret Talks
It’s a bromance with a payoff—the senator has been developing the billionaire’s support and their aides are even discussing joint events, but if Trump drops out, Cruz aims to clean up.

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz’s mutual admiration is turning into a conservative bromance—one that could have a huge strategic payoff for the Texas senator’s presidential campaign.

Behind the scenes, Cruz has been methodologically developing Trump’s support. The two candidates have met in person at least five times and talk by phone occasionally. And in the future, they may even hold events together.

The two campaigns privately discussed a possible joint event this year in Washington, D.C., and Cruz was invited to join Trump’s infamous trip to the Mexico border, though a scheduling problem prevented him from attending, sources told The Daily Beast.

More: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/19/ted-cruz-s-secret-trump-strategy.html

How soon we forget the former relationship between these two.

Just saying, Skeeter, that was a great picture of a dog you formally had for your avatar; you are an asset to this forum and very level-headed and fair.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:36:07 am by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #732 on: July 20, 2016, 04:36:32 am »
Again, let's not forget, there was a Cruz Trump alliance, LOL, spoke at that DC event together; what was that about? The budget? I can't even remember.  While Trump took after Jeb, Rubio and whomever else, TC was quite.

But now, Ted is as pure as the driven snow, the "true conservative"; and Trump? He's the life long democrat, liberal all of his life.

But we can go with the disingenuous arguments, as if Ted and Trump were rivals from the start. That there was no cooperation ever.

:silly:

Doesn't make it as easy to be so critical of Teflon Don then, is it? While Jeb and others took their licks.

Gingrich, Santorum, Huckabee, Rubio, the list really goes on on whom was able to give support to Trump, but LOL, none of these are true conservatives, just the guy who at first compromised with Trump is.

Short memories, I will say, the Conservative One Levine, is probably the one conservative voice that never took to Trump.

I listened to Levin today. He instructs others, to hold of the endorsement until the very end. Try to make Trump lean for conservative positions.

I conclude from that, he intends to give an endorsement. He WAS adamant in his urgency to defeat Hillary.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #733 on: July 20, 2016, 04:47:08 am »
You owe me $100.    :seeya:

:beer:        :laugh:

I sincerely await your confirmation of payment received. Keep us informed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #734 on: July 20, 2016, 04:53:55 am »
Rick Perry said "aw hell naw."  Never mentioned Trump's name and never endorsed him.

I'd put down considerable coin that Cruz cannot bring himself to endorse a man who said and did what Trump said and did about Heidi and his father.  And has never publicly apologized.

Okay, I haven't watched anything but I am very pleased if Rick Perry did not mention Trump's name or endorse him.  Perry should have been our candidate in 2012.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #735 on: July 20, 2016, 05:07:08 am »
I'd put down considerable coin that Cruz cannot bring himself to endorse a man who said and did what Trump said and did about Heidi and his father.  And has never publicly apologized.

The part that really drives it home on the 'Lyin' Ted' bit is where Trump let's it slip out that he had no idea whether Cruz lied or not.  It tells me that integrity is a quality that Donald Trump does not possess.  And sadly, many of his supporters have surrendered theirs as well in order to keep aligned with Trump.

And then there's the National Enquirer bit.  I am still reeling at all the disgusting lies and horrible accusations that Trump supporters levied again such an honorable man as Ted Cruz.  And not a single one of them has made amends for it.  Not a single one.

We as a nation are spiritually bankrupt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #736 on: July 20, 2016, 06:13:08 am »
He used to be a nice person who would never say something that nasty to a lot of respectable people.

Trump really does change people from nice to just plain mean.

And it seems to happen very fast.   I've never seen anything quite like it.

A very virile and fast acting degenerative disease for sure

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #737 on: July 20, 2016, 06:46:19 am »
I sincerely await your confirmation of payment received. Keep us informed.

He can donate it to TBR!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #738 on: July 20, 2016, 07:03:33 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #739 on: July 20, 2016, 07:06:23 am »
He can donate it to TBR!   :patriot:

What was the bet?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #740 on: July 20, 2016, 07:21:05 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #741 on: July 20, 2016, 11:41:22 am »
I M so glad you guys were as respectful to us,as we were to you!

Sadly that is a huge lie!

It is so amazing that you guys have the mental capacity to even post on the forum!

Get a life!
THE WORLD IS GOING ON,WITHOUT YOUR DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT!
you can stay on the site, but you will look like the fools,that you are!
i own half,of this site,and let me tell you, if you don't get trump,your best place would be at DU with skinner and crew!!!!!
My life depends on Trump winning!
You are a bunch of whining babies!!!!

Please go get a life!

TRUMP IS THE ONE SO GO TO,YOUR DEM HANDLERS AND GETMTHE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!

@mystery-ak
And, there we go.  Nice knowing the site, I don't need this, nor TOS, nor fascist Trumpanzee assholes.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #742 on: July 20, 2016, 11:55:06 am »
I M so glad you guys were as respectful to us,as we were to you!

Sadly that is a huge lie!

It is so amazing that you guys have the mental capacity to even post on the forum!

Get a life!
THE WORLD IS GOING ON,WITHOUT YOUR DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT!
you can stay on the site, but you will look like the fools,that you are!
i own half,of this site,and let me tell you, if you don't get trump,your best place would be at DU with skinner and crew!!!!!
My life depends on Trump winning!
You are a bunch of whining babies!!!!

Please go get a life!

TRUMP IS THE ONE SO GO TO,YOUR DEM HANDLERS AND GETMTHE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!

That's pretty disgraceful talk coming from a site owner...so the truth finally comes out around here.

**nononono*

@mystery-ak
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #743 on: July 20, 2016, 11:57:19 am »
They've probably already tried that. I doubt that there's much worse Cruz could do than openly calling the majority leader of his own party on a lie.

Cruz has alot of political capital now. I do not think they could get away with marginalizing him.

Cruz has political capital with you.  With the rest of the voting American public, not so much.  And if he fails to embrace the Republican ticket and campaign for them, St. Rafael will lose it all.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #744 on: July 20, 2016, 11:59:38 am »
The way this is going, right after they cut the power to the microphones on the podium.

Nah, no worries,  we'll give him enough rope to hang himself.  Promise.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #745 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »
Trump doesn't support ending government benefits for illegals.  He calls that "mean-spirited".   Trump also has gotten soft on deporting illegals.  But he still stands strong on giving amnesty to those deported.

Nice to see you're still making up stuff.

At least you're predictable.   :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #746 on: July 20, 2016, 12:03:08 pm »
Donald Trump Jr is relating an amazing riches to riches story.

DTJ, Jr. did no such thing.  His speech was spectacular.

He's a rising star in the new Republican Party.  I couldn't be more pleased.   ^-^

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #747 on: July 20, 2016, 12:04:58 pm »
Trumps are aching to be the next political dynasty.

And you're aching to stop them.

Let's see who wins, shall we?   :smokin:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
He's a fraud and a Liberal. That's who he is. The warning signs were allover his past, but there were significant numbers of people who just did not want to listen. When Crooked Donny loses to Crooked Hillary by a landslide, he'll blame those of us with principles, saying it is our fault for not joining him.

You're off the hook.  Mr. Trump is going to win.  Again.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #749 on: July 20, 2016, 12:06:25 pm »
I expected more trenchant analysis from Luis, post-convention. The above is thin pablum, a superficial look at a complex reality that requires rational analysis, not emotion.