Author Topic: ALTERNATE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - MONDAY, JULY 18  (Read 14948 times)

Offline Crazieman

Re: ALTERNATE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - MONDAY, JULY 18
« Reply #500 on: July 19, 2016, 12:38:45 pm »
The really telling thing is that this incompetent campaign couldn't get through the first day and night of the convention without it blowing up in their faces.

Get ready, it's all downhill from here.  :shrug:

They can't hear you over their chants of "Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump..."
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #501 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:07 pm »
I'm not going to blame Melania Trump for the speech someone gave to her.

She's used to leftovers anyway.
Warmed over twice, for sure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #502 on: July 19, 2016, 12:42:18 pm »
No I am not.  Gave a compliment that 10% constructive criticism and it was deleted.  Same comments on this thread stood.

Am ok with that.  More interested in having something focus group here to understand how Trump might fare in the fall, particularly with the key demographic of women.

Looks like we have a vocal minority of fawners and majority of folks who are put off by Melania by either envy or disdain.
In a role as first lady, Melania is relevant only as arm candy for the Combover. The First Lady has no Constitutional Authority, period. Anything more granted to her by swarms of fawning media and sycophants is Bieber fever with a different spelling.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #503 on: July 19, 2016, 12:42:46 pm »
No I am not.  Gave a compliment that 10% constructive criticism and it was deleted.  Same comments on this thread stood.

Am ok with that.  More interested in having something focus group here to understand how Trump might fare in the fall, particularly with the key demographic of women.

Looks like we have a vocal minority of fawners and majority of folks who are put off by Melania by either envy or disdain.

I don't have any real opinions on Melania.

I think we'll be lucky to hold the house in November.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #504 on: July 19, 2016, 12:43:34 pm »
HEADS UP!

Guys, I'm creating the ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19.  This one will remain open, but I'd prefer we put new stuff that is surely coming down on Cribgate on that thread. 

See you over there.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #505 on: July 19, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »
HEADS UP!

Guys, I'm creating the ALTERNATIVE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19.  This one will remain open, but I'd prefer we put new stuff that is surely coming down on Cribgate on that thread. 

See you over there.

Please post a link to the new thread here, once you have it ready.
Let it burn.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #506 on: July 19, 2016, 12:49:31 pm »
No need for making a mark.  What's a little plagiarism between buddies, right? 

I'm sure Melania did not write her own speech, no one would write their own speech and think they can get away with plagiarizing a high profile speech like that.  Think about the possible scenarios for how  this came to be though. Really, this is a screw up, just no Melania's screw up, unless she's the  one that hired that person to write the speech for her, but I doubt that.  I'm betting they just didn't do enough vetting to figure out that the person(s) they hired to write the speech hated them.  So much for hiring the best people, amiright?!

The narrative is similar, but not exactly the same.  Using the word 'bond' was a bit too much.  While well delivered, an antidote from Slovakia that illustrates hard work would have been better.  Or expanding a little on the Dad's business acumen. 

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #507 on: July 19, 2016, 12:55:42 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #508 on: July 19, 2016, 01:13:39 pm »
I don't have any real opinions on Melania.

I think we'll be lucky to hold the house in November.
Melania is (or should be) irrelevant. Do whatever you can to support the election or reelection of any good members of the House and the Senate - and your state legislatures - you may know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #509 on: July 19, 2016, 01:18:24 pm »
None of that will be touched at dem convention.  Trying to give honest assessment as a Trump realist.  ( both pro and con).  Not possible on the other thread .

Hm. So, I'm waking to analysis that seems to differ with your opinion. Given the actual similarity in words pointed out in the article, I'd say it sounds like her speech had nothing to differentiate it as conservative:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/melania-trump-michelle-obama-225793
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #510 on: July 19, 2016, 01:24:20 pm »
I would also note that Ivanka who also had brief stint as a “model” also posed for some rather provocative and sexy photos for some men’s magazines like Stuff and Maxim.  I guess that was before she converted to “Orthodox” Judaism.

When it comes to Ivanka, I'm actually surprised how she has remained *relatively* classy in her magazine photo shoots compared to other really beautiful women. She comes off more Taylor Swift-ish than Rhianna-ish.

So, she has been sexy, but not full-on trashy.

But - as someone pointed out earlier: In matters of taste, there can be no disputes.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #511 on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »

But - as someone pointed out earlier: In matters of taste, there can be no disputes.

All I can say is when the boys in cell block C are looking for some "Reading" material it isn't a spread of photo's featuring Ivanka... Donald maybe..... but not her.

Silver Pines

« Reply #512 on: July 19, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »
Oh my.  That is going to leave a mark.

@Wingnut

Sure will.  What was reportedly a good speech will be overshadowed by this.

Silver Pines

« Reply #514 on: July 19, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »
~ Why would the campaign do something so blatant as this? What is the purpose?

@RoosGirl
@AbaraXas

I honestly don't think Melania is to blame.  At this point, I'm torn as to whether Trump is trying to throw his campaign, or if it's just more of his "best people" hires.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #515 on: July 19, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
When it comes to Ivanka, I'm actually surprised how she has remained *relatively* classy in her magazine photo shoots compared to other really beautiful women. She comes off more Taylor Swift-ish than Rhianna-ish.

So, she has been sexy, but not full-on trashy.

She was born into the money so she didn't need to 'sell herself' into success like many models do (it is very difficult to walk into fashion modeling, the general path is what is known as the 'traveling model' where one goes to major cities and poses for a few hundred per hour, usually partially clothed (or fully nude) to help photographers and agencies build portfolios and client lists.

Ivanka also seems to be pretty smart- it isn't just from expensive education, she has a calm rationality not common in her family.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #516 on: July 19, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »
@RoosGirl
@AbaraXas

I honestly don't think Melania is to blame.  At this point, I'm torn as to whether Trump is trying to throw his campaign, or if it's just more of his "best people" hires.

She claims she wrote it "with as little help as possible".  At least one person is lying about what really happened.  Seems like a stupid thing to lie about.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #517 on: July 19, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »
@RoosGirl
@AbaraXas

I'm going with the former.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

« Reply #518 on: July 19, 2016, 02:26:12 pm »
I'm going with the former.

I think the latter, a result of hiring 'yes men' along with the Peter principle.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #519 on: July 19, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
The LIVE Convention thread has been locked down by one of the site owners and heavily censored with mass post deletions.  It's a pro-Trump only echo chamber thread.  This one is the true live thread.

Yeah, the same owner that put my account on suspension for a day because I argued with her, until review of what really happened by more than one person found the suspension unwarranted.  Pfft.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2016, 02:36:07 pm »
On the citizens for trump page, the spin they are going with is she was honoring Michelle and other first ladies by incorporating their themes. Not kidding.

Whatever spin they could possibly think of it shows once again incompetence.  He just threw his wife to the wolves.  Wonder if the children have the same speech writer?  And whether he is trying to throw his own election so that Hillary can win.  Quite possible.   There are several issues that he and Pence disagree on.  One is his staple claim not to have supported Iraq invasion.  Pence caving on religious rights.  Liberal news has Pence also denying that women can serve in the military in any form.  That's crazy.  Liberal news last night.  Have not confirmed.  If that is true I would have to wonder about his competency.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #521 on: July 19, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »

Alex Griswold
‏@HashtagGriswold
Trump advisor Sarah Huckabee Sanders when asked who should be fired after Melania debacle: "Hillary Clinton."

Offline ABX

« Reply #522 on: July 19, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »
Sink, do you mind if I lock this one so everyone can transition to today's thread?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #523 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:18 pm »
Whatever spin they could possibly think of it shows once again incompetence.  He just threw his wife to the wolves.  Wonder if the children have the same speech writer?  And whether he is trying to throw his own election so that Hillary can win.  Quite possible.   There are several issues that he and Pence disagree on.  One is his staple claim not to have supported Iraq invasion.  Pence caving on religious rights.  Liberal news has Pence also denying that women can serve in the military in any form.  That's crazy.  Liberal news last night.  Have not confirmed.  If that is true I would have to wonder about his competency.

Pence onced used "Mulan" as proof women shouldn't serve in the military

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288091-trump-vp-pence-mulan-women-in-military

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:45 pm »
Sink, do you mind if I lock this one so everyone can transition to today's thread?

Please do.