Author Topic: ALTERNATE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - MONDAY, JULY 18  (Read 15104 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Re: ALTERNATE LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - MONDAY, JULY 18
« Reply #450 on: July 19, 2016, 04:17:16 am »
If Trump had 100,000 million billion zillion dollars, I wouldn't be with him.  Can't stand to look at him or hear him.  If he is president, I still won't look at or hear him.  He must lose.

Kudos to you.  Not many people can resist marrying for money.   
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2016, 04:19:50 am »
- Well spoken
- Poised
- Eastern European hard work and values
- Father taught her business
- Trump wants to give back
- Trump good to his employees ( I know, there are counter examples)
- Mother taught her love of modeling
- Trump a winner , does not give up
- Has been with Trump 18 years , good man.
- Melania knows America is special because she grew up under communism

I'm sorry. Help me out. Which one of those points are actually related to anything important in the conservative platform? (Aside from "hard work," but that's not really a policy position, is it?)

In other words, was there anything in her speech that you might not have heard at a democratic convention?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #452 on: July 19, 2016, 04:21:01 am »

Wingnut

« Reply #453 on: July 19, 2016, 04:21:20 am »

As expected, failure to gush over Melania proves jealousy.  Predictable.

Okay, I admit it!  I'm dying for my own fat, flabby, turkey-necked lizard with a lamprey's mouth!  What woman wouldn't be?

Not only Women...more than a few men are pining for the old sot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #454 on: July 19, 2016, 04:21:45 am »
Agree in prayer for full recovery.

Thank you so much.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #455 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:12 am »

I've been able to so far!

88devil

Silver Pines

« Reply #456 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:29 am »
If Trump had 100,000 million billion zillion dollars, I wouldn't be with him.  Can't stand to look at him or hear him.  If he is president, I still won't look at or hear him.  He must lose.

He's repellent.  I've always thought so and I don't apologize for it.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #457 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:45 am »
I'm sorry. Help me out. Which one of those points are actually related to anything important in the conservative platform? (Aside from "hard work," but that's not really a policy position, is it?)

In other words, was there anything in her speech that you might not have heard at a democratic convention?

None of that will be touched at dem convention.  Trying to give honest assessment as a Trump realist.  ( both pro and con).  Not possible on the other thread . 

Silver Pines

« Reply #458 on: July 19, 2016, 04:24:28 am »
So? Is that the only threat it took?

Geez. Remember this?

Where are the men of principle?

"Ohhhh, nooooooo! Don't take away our first in the nation status! We'll do annnnnythiiiing!"

Cowards.

I'm seeing claims of a lot more threats...

HonestJohn

« Reply #459 on: July 19, 2016, 04:24:51 am »
LOL

I'm giving the win to Alfred.

I liked Kubrick.  Thought Bay was channeling Trump.

Silver Pines

« Reply #460 on: July 19, 2016, 04:25:26 am »

@Victoria33

Actually, they can.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #461 on: July 19, 2016, 04:29:09 am »
@Victoria33

Actually, they can.

Usually it is disguised as a 'good provider' or 'someone established'.   And not explicitly stated as 'money' 

Silver Pines

« Reply #462 on: July 19, 2016, 04:38:31 am »
Usually it is disguised as a 'good provider' or 'someone established'.   And not explicitly stated as 'money'

I prefer not to deal in word games and disguises.  It is what it is.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #463 on: July 19, 2016, 04:41:15 am »

I think I'm beginning to get you.

You're the FOXNews of TBR blog, fair and balanced. You report, We decide...translation: Blah blah blah, We dig in our heels.

After all, this is politics.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #464 on: July 19, 2016, 04:52:22 am »
I think I'm beginning to get you.

You're the FOXNews of TBR blog, fair and balanced. You report, We decide...translation: Blah blah blah, We dig in our heels.

After all, this is politics.

Voting for Trump, but also want to understand  what various demographics think.  Cant even give Melania a complement on the other thread unless it is completely fawning.

Silver Pines

« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2016, 04:55:56 am »
@LonestarDream

Oops....was reading Shapiro's twitter and ran across this:

John McCormack ‏@McCormackJohn  15m15 minutes ago
Aside from the plagiarism, Melania's speech wasn't terrible if you pretend her marriage to Donald J. Trump isn't absurd.

Melania's RNC bio claims she graduated college, but she's actually a drop-out:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/rnc-2016-melania-trump-biography-225781

It appears Melania's speech might have been plagiarized from one given by Michelle Obama:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/melania-trumps-speech-appears-to-have-plagiarized-from-miche?utm_term=.hhmQaJxgXQ#.iolr0Nzgyr

Melania Trump said in her speech Monday:

From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Michelle Obama’s convention speech in 2008 hit on many of the same themes:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.
And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2016, 04:56:46 am »
God, Flynn was awful.

Got a Trump supporter telling me how awesome Flynn's speech was.  I swear these people act just like Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2016, 04:59:23 am »
Got a Trump supporter telling me how awesome Flynn's speech was.  I swear these people act just like Democrats.

Similar mindset: moral relativists, the ends justify the means, etc.

They just think they can manage government better than the Democrats can.
Let it burn.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #468 on: July 19, 2016, 05:04:07 am »
Voting for Trump, but also want to understand  what various demographics think.  Cant even give Melania a complement on the other thread unless it is completely fawning.

You're exaggerating. Critical commentary is different from vile attacks. Most neutral observers recognize the difference. I've never objected to criticism of Trump, I've got my own criticisms. But, going overboard and impugning his supporters is where I draw the line.

Wingnut

« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2016, 05:05:49 am »
@LonestarDream

It appears Melania's speech might have been plagiarized from one given by Michelle Obama:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/melania-trumps-speech-appears-to-have-plagiarized-from-miche?utm_term=.hhmQaJxgXQ#.iolr0Nzgyr

From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.
And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Oh my.  That is going to leave a mark.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #472 on: July 19, 2016, 05:24:07 am »
@LonestarDream

Oops....was reading Shapiro's twitter and ran across this:

John McCormack ‏@McCormackJohn  15m15 minutes ago
Aside from the plagiarism, Melania's speech wasn't terrible if you pretend her marriage to Donald J. Trump isn't absurd.

Melania's RNC bio claims she graduated college, but she's actually a drop-out:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/rnc-2016-melania-trump-biography-225781

I am so laughing at this.  The scenarios of how this came about, the chips that had to fall exactly in to place for  this to happen.  Trump campaign hired the same person that wrote the radical  leftist soon to be first lady's speech?  Trump campaign hired someone that hates him?  The "conservative republican" has plagiarized the radical leftists speech.  Now that right there is funny.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #473 on: July 19, 2016, 05:34:53 am »
Oh my.  That is going to leave a mark.

Oh, please. Like all of the other never Trump predictions of doom and damage that never materialized.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:38:33 am by aligncare »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #474 on: July 19, 2016, 05:40:18 am »
Yes, like all of the other never Trump predictions of doom and damage that never came to pass.

No need for making a mark.  What's a little plagiarism between buddies, right? 

I'm sure Melania did not write her own speech, no one would write their own speech and think they can get away with plagiarizing a high profile speech like that.  Think about the possible scenarios for how  this came to be though. Really, this is a screw up, just no Melania's screw up, unless she's the  one that hired that person to write the speech for her, but I doubt that.  I'm betting they just didn't do enough vetting to figure out that the person(s) they hired to write the speech hated them.  So much for hiring the best people, amiright?!