Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All #DonaldTrump  (Read 1521 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All #DonaldTrump
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:10:59 pm »
....Schwartz thought about publishing an article describing his reservations about Trump, but he hesitated, knowing that, since he’d cashed in on the flattering “Art of the Deal,” his credibility and his motives would be seen as suspect. Yet watching the campaign was excruciating. Schwartz decided that if he kept mum and Trump was elected he’d never forgive himself. In June, he agreed to break his silence and give his first candid interview about the Trump he got to know while acting as his Boswell.

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”.....

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All #DonaldTrump
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:19:12 pm »
Four months from now, the entire panaroma of Trump sycophants will be expressing their regrets and wondering how they could have been so stupid.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:10 pm »
...says you, an admitted Donald Trump hater.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 03:33:00 pm »
Four months from now, the entire panaroma of Trump sycophants will be expressing their regrets and wondering how they could have been so stupid.

I have said numerous times my main concern is mentally disturbed Trump having the nuclear red button.  I sincerely do think he will start WWIII.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »
...says you, an admitted Donald Trump hater.

Actually, I didn't give an opinion whatsoever, everything I posted was directly cited from the article and is parenthetical quotes of the interviewee.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »
This article details exactly all the things #NeverTrump fears.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »
And the reason for believing this guy who claims he writes lies for money is?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »

Oh, but that was so LONG ago...you can TRUST him now!

(Isn't that the way you Trump supporters play the game?)

Edit: to remove "Trumpists"...a term intended to be non-offensive, but is evidently too harsh for the snowflakes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:07:53 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 04:05:24 pm »
...the entire panaroma of Trump sycophants...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 04:06:12 pm »

Are you talking about Trump who brags about lying for the deal in The Art of the Deal, or Schwartz who was doing the job of a ghostwriter and speaking for his client?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »
So a guy who admits he's a liar and lies for money makes a claim that mirrors the DNC talking points of Trump with no collaborating support anywhere for his claim and the Anti's fall all over themselves trying to defend it.

Conservatives are supposed to be the ones who can think for themselves.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 04:15:49 pm »
So a guy who admits he's a liar and lies for money....

This guy? https://medium.com/autonomous/what-donald-trump-s-the-art-of-the-deal-reveals-about-his-surprising-sustained-success-in-the-25a144678b15#.mmghd7u9c

“I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.” (pg. 58) - Perhaps my favorite quote in the entire book, Trump’s “truthful hyperbole” line is largely what gives him so many Pinocchios and Pants on Fires from the fact checkers, but what allows him to claim he’s basically telling the truth. But more interesting is the idea that he’s setting out to play to people’s fantasies. He can be their cipher, voters can live and affect change vicariously through him. It’s what most politicians aim to convey, and the most effective ones — like “hope and change” Barack Obama in 2008 — are quite successful using that method.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:16:39 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 04:18:47 pm »
"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."

I know that many people (including some on the Right) have compared Trump to Greg Stillson, the villain in Stephen King's The Dead Zone, but isn't this statement by Schwartz alarmist fearmongering?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »
Like their hero, Trump minions never read anything much less the article attached.  If you had then you would know that they were not lies but were instead truthful hyperbole.

Besides, given their heroes history then Trump minions are the last people to complain about somebody lying. 

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 04:40:09 pm »

If they cannot see who and what Trump is today, I doubt they will see it after the election.  If Trump wins, then every liberal action he takes as POTUS will be excused or justified.  And if Trump loses, it will be the fault of #NeverTrump handing the election to Hillary.  But regardless, the self delusion will continue unabated.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 04:50:26 pm »
Anyone with an ounce of discernment has already figured this out about Donny Boy.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 04:59:25 pm »
"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."

I know that many people (including some on the Right) have compared Trump to Greg Stillson, the villain in Stephen King's The Dead Zone, but isn't this statement by Schwartz alarmist fearmongering?

Maybe, but what he says about 'Trump's character is the important info in this piece. This man spent many, many weeks with Trump.

"“Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”

Schwartz says of Trump, “He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it.” Since most people are “constrained by the truth,” Trump’s indifference to it “gave him a strange advantage.”

When challenged about the facts, Schwartz says, Trump would often double down, repeat himself, and grow belligerent.

As for Trump’s anger toward him, he said, “I don’t take it personally, because the truth is he didn’t mean it personally. People are dispensable and disposable in Trump’s world.” If Trump is elected President, he warned, “the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.”"
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 05:53:20 pm »
And the reason for believing Trump who actually lies and does everything for money is?

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »

Schwartz  did two things as ghostwriter.  1st he made Trump appear smarter than he really was/is.  and B, he beat his head against the wall so he could get meet with Trump at his own intellectual level.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
I thought you liked a little truthful hyperbole?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 06:45:18 pm »
Schwartz  did two things as ghostwriter.  1st he made Trump appear smarter than he really was/is.  and B, he beat his head against the wall so he could get meet with Trump at his own intellectual level.

On a roll today, boss.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 06:48:09 pm »

Agreed. I hate Trump, but this is over the top.

Civilization won't end, just life as we know it. ;-)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 06:49:31 pm »
The article is definitely worth reading.

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 06:52:27 pm »
On a roll today, boss.

Rollin Rollin Rollin...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:53:17 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 06:52:51 pm »