Author Topic: Republican Senator: Purge Trump Supporters From GOP  (Read 1179 times)

Offline sinkspur

Republican Senator: Purge Trump Supporters From GOP
« on: July 17, 2016, 03:45:38 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/republican-senator-purge-trump-supporters-from-gop/

SCOTT GREER

10:59 AM 07/17/2016

Arizona Republican senator and prominent Donald Trump critic Jeff Flake believes the GOP must purge the presumptive nominee’s supporters from its ranks after the election in order to survive.

In an interview with The New York Times published over the weekend, Flake said that many of Trump’s fans are motivated by racism and need to get the boot as soon as Trump, he hopes, goes down in flames.

“Those who want a Muslim ban, those who will disparage individuals or groups — yes we ought to, we need to [purge],” the senator told The Times.

He cited William F. Buckley’s famous purge of John Birch Society members from mainstream conservatism as a precedent, and believes it is necessary due to Trump’s lacking performance in the polls at the moment.

“You’ve got to hope that, if this race keeps going the way it looks to be going, that it’s enough of a jolt to wake people up and say we don’t want to be relegated to second place in every future presidential campaign,” Flake argued.

While the Arizona senator may want his party to be free of those who approve of a Muslim moratorium, if a purge of them did take place, it would kick out more than half of the party. According to a Rasmussed poll conducted in April, 66 percent of Republican voters support a temporary ban on Muslim immigration to the United States. Furthermore, a March Morning Consult poll found that exactly half of all Americans favor the moratorium.

In addition, if Flake wants to purge any Republican deemed a bigot by the press, he might have to include his own son. In 2013, it was discovered that Flake’s teenage son used the “n” word, “faggot” and anti-Semitic language in a series of Facebook posts. The senator later apologized for his son’s comments.

Earlier this month, Flake had a contentious meeting with Trump after he introduced himself as the Arizona senator “who was not captured,” a dig at the GOP candidate’s derision of Sen. John McCain’s war record. (RELATED: Report: Trump Has Contentious Meeting With Senate Republicans)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/republican-senator-purge-trump-supporters-from-gop/#ixzz4EgEq3uwI
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

Re: Republican Senator: Purge Trump Supporters From GOP
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:59:28 pm »
Well, somebody in the GOP gets it.

There will be no future growth in GOP memberships, only continued membership losses without expelling the toxic waste out of the party.

That one-time hit will *FINALLY* allow the GOP to attract new growth from that point on into the future.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 04:04:03 pm »
Ah, more droppings from Jeff Flake.  Thanks for posting--I would have missed this   :laugh:

Offline Axel

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »
I think it will be much easier to just purge Jeff Flake from the Senate.  :seeya:
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »

In 1964 AFTER supposedly Buckley turned on his long time friend, 2/3 of the JBS favored Goldwater while 1/3 favored Nixon.

The single most important aspect of the JBS was opposition to communism. So today it is not surprising to see phony "conservatives" that espouse nearly every liberal position, to cite the JBS.

They are in fact, "fellow travelors." https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=fellow+travelors&oq=fellow+travelors&gs_l=hp.12..0i10l10.3084.6780.0.10937.17.16.0.1.1.0.211.1847.1j14j1.16.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..0.16.1797.0..0j5j35i39j0i131j0i67j0i20j0i3.v_bZPy3tGK0
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 05:07:00 pm »
Unfortunately it is the opposite that is happening

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »
In 1964 AFTER supposedly Buckley turned on his long time friend, 2/3 of the JBS favored Goldwater while 1/3 favored Nixon.

The single most important aspect of the JBS was opposition to communism. So today it is not surprising to see phony "conservatives" that espouse nearly every liberal position, to cite the JBS.

They are in fact, "fellow travelors." https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=fellow+travelors&oq=fellow+travelors&gs_l=hp.12..0i10l10.3084.6780.0.10937.17.16.0.1.1.0.211.1847.1j14j1.16.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..0.16.1797.0..0j5j35i39j0i131j0i67j0i20j0i3.v_bZPy3tGK0

LOL!!! Who, again, espouses liberal positions?

Trump backs tariffs, eminent domain, muzzling the media through changes in the First Amendment,  and using government power to hamstring businesses by preventing offshoring.

Those are ALL liberal positions.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 05:13:35 pm »
LOL!!! Who, again, espouses liberal positions?

Trump backs tariffs, eminent domain, muzzling the media through changes in the First Amendment,  and using government power to hamstring businesses by preventing offshoring.

Those are ALL liberal positions.

Trump has received the endorsement of the New England Police Union.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-lands-major-endorsement-from-new-england-police-union/article/2578130

Is there a problem with that?  :police:

That's who law enforcement officers have endorsed.

The anti-Trump propaganda is always so selective.

Retired NY Police group endorses Trump
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/retired-ny-police-group-endorses-donald-trump-article-1.2604861

Trump wants to secure the borders, not the open borders.

One doesn't address the issues; that's where Trump has scored, not so much with

tarriffs, eminent domain, yawn.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:14:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 05:17:14 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-lands-major-endorsement-from-new-england-police-union/article/2578130

That's who law enforcement officers have endorsed.

The anti-Trump propaganda is always so selective.

Retired NY Police group endorses Trump
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/retired-ny-police-group-endorses-donald-trump-article-1.2604861

Trump wants to secure the borders, not the open borders.

One doesn't address the issues; that's where Trump has scored, not so much with

I was refuting a post that stated Trump's opponents are liberal, yet Trump advocates at least four very liberal positions.   

Everybody wants secure borders.  Trump wants to build a wall, which will, in reality, be a virtual wall, if it's built at all.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »

That was the executive board of a union, not rank-and-file vote. I thought Trumpkins didn't like representative votes!

Conservatism bores you, eh?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »

Flake is a little slow and a little late.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:39:31 pm »

We have Cleveland police unions calling on the suspension of the 2nd amendment because cops are being shot in another state.

"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association

The foot soldiers of tyranny will be unionized.

HonestJohn

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 08:52:22 pm »

Yet another attempt to hijack conservatism by drumpfists.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 08:59:16 pm »
Unfortunately that would make us as guilty as they are.  We cannot expel anyone.  What needs to happen is a return to first principles and more allegiance to the platform by all.  It is about ideas, not personalities.  The people's minds must be changed.  We need an environment where people with liberal views do not want to stay. 

While I am on your side regarding Trump, I am not in agreement with you on several issues.  So which one of us should leave?   (Oh wait, I've already left.  LOL!  I guess it's all yours.  Do what you will.) 

I need a new political party.

What we can do is pull the GOP membership from any politician or pundit who advocates Herr Drumpf's views.  And make sure that none can run for office on those toxic positions.

Buckley didn't purge to GOP of Buchanon's anti-semites... he just got rid of Buchanon.

Unfortunately, his troglodytes have brought him back... and bequeathed us with Her Drumpf.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:59:48 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »
What we can do is pull the GOP membership from any politician or pundit who advocates Herr Drumpf's views.  And make sure that none can run for office on those toxic positions.

Buckley didn't purge to GOP of Buchanon's anti-semites... he just got rid of Buchanon.

Unfortunately, his troglodytes have brought him back... and bequeathed us with Her Drumpf.

Shrink the party...sounds like such a good idea.

Be careful calling for purges, you may one day end up the purgee. The real truth is as Ben Franklin stated, we must hang together or we shall surely all hang separately (paraphrased).

...and back to your ranting....three...two...one.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 10:14:15 pm »

Be careful calling for purges, you may one day end up the purgee. The real truth is as Ben Franklin stated, we must hang together or we shall surely all hang separately (paraphrased).

...and back to your ranting....three...two...one.

Now you notice that?  Where were you with this?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216104.0.html

Are you saying that Senator Flake is really just not harsh enough?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:18:04 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:59 pm »
Should have given Trump the boot on day one.

As far as whining about it is concerned, eviction from the party is the least of the threats NeverTrumpers have heard.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:22:23 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »
Now you notice that?  Where were you with this?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,216104.0.html

Are you saying that this is really just not harsh enough?

I'm happy to defend my own words, but I'm not going to argue on behalf of every political functionary who says something stupid in a private email...or elsewhere. Anyone could sit here all day and google harsh or stupid comments from every faction within the party. Your tone and comments are right in line with Paladino...almost two peas in a pod...so its ironic that you would cite his commentary as a defense. YOU are the one here calling for purges...which tells everyone you think that's an OK way to go. I disagree with you and with Paladino. Its not the Trump people here who are calling for tearing apart the party, we are the ones calling for it to unify.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 10:22:00 pm »
Should given Trump the boot on day one.

As far as whining about it is concerned, eviction from the party is the least of the threats NeverTrumpers have heard.

Having been called everything from a Nazi, to a Brownshirt, to a  heathen commie, and a supporter of Benito Mussolini...I'd say Nevertrump's have been treated with Kid gloves by comparison.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »
Well, somebody in the GOP gets it.

There will be no future growth in GOP memberships, only continued membership losses without expelling the toxic waste out of the party.

That one-time hit will *FINALLY* allow the GOP to attract new growth from that point on into the future.

I agree. In fact, I would argue that the 'toxic waste' is being expelled from the party right now, even as we speak. It is just not happening the way some people want it to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 10:35:35 pm »
Its not the Trump people here who are calling for tearing apart the party, we are the ones calling for it to unify.

Oh bullshiiite!  You people are doing nothing of the kind except to think slogans of 'with us or against us' and threats of death for treason will somehow strong-arm us into voting for your prince.

You and your mob with your prince made us the enemy.

I intend to live up to the charge.

You blew up the unity bridge and burned the rubble to ash.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 10:44:51 pm »
That is true.  They want unity OR ELSE maybe.  Vote Trump or find a bloody horse's head in your bed (but I exaggerate....a little).  Or maybe I don't exaggerate.  It was a Trump official who told a delegate she should be hanged (well, "hung").

That said, I still say this conversation is futile and will just escalate.  We have irreconcilable differences.  To the extreme.

The divorce should be final.

Trumpers are progressives and I will NEVER EVER vote with them.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:13 pm »
Flake is the one to talk.  The GOP has abandoned its core base.  There is no purging needed, as it is too late.  The Grossly Offensive Party is dead already.  They have no identity that can be distinguished from the DemRat opposition.  They are virtually one in the same.  It's only a matter of time before a replacement party will spring out of the ashes to replace them as the primary opposition party.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 10:58:18 pm »
Closed primaries would have prevented Trump, but RINOs like Flake don't like that idea.

geronl

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 11:01:27 pm »

Trump is doing that as we speak