Author Topic: Republican Senator: Purge Trump Supporters From GOP  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Republican Senator: Purge Trump Supporters From GOP
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 11:04:11 pm »
Closed primaries would have prevented Trump, but RINOs like Flake don't like that idea.

Nor do RINOs like Trump. Heck, Trump wants to get rid of the electoral college as well.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 11:10:35 pm »
Closed primaries would have prevented Trump, but RINOs like Flake don't like that idea.

As far as I am concerned, the GOP can do whatever they hell they want.  They (collectively, state parties and national RNC) abandoned their principles long ago. There is no way they will recover from the divisiveness they have instilled in the process and continue to this day to push true constitutional conservatives to the proverbial curb.  They can put on a show at the convention with Cruz and others, but the fact remains, there is no longer a place in the GOP for conservatives that believe the government should operate in accordance with the constitution as it was written.  They might as well merge the two parties into the uniparty, because that is what they have become.  I doubt anyone can show factual evidence to the contrary, other than a few isolated cases..
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:29 pm »
Nor do RINOs like Trump. Heck, Trump wants to get rid of the electoral college as well.

The GOP-e RINOs seem just fine with Trump.  They did everything they could to insure only RINOs can win the nomînatiion.  Open primaries are designed to prevent someone like Ted Cruz winning the nomination, amd the GOP-e RINOs did everything they could to make sure Cruz was not the nominee (and won't be in the future).